NATION

PASSWORD

Famous People You've Met?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:23 am

The Pope States wrote:Ive met the band Linkin Park and the band Three Days Grace

You lucky bastard.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:23 am

Caecili wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:He's a corrupt politician worth $40 billion or so, on a $70,000 per year salary. He should rot in hell. The faster the better.

Yes. But he is still a badass.

I think Dr. Doom is cool, too.

You have weird role models.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Hossaim
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hossaim » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:24 am

Hossaim wrote:Paul Scholes and Justin Beiber. Paul Scholes signed an autograph for me and Justin Beiber got hit in the head with a water bottle from me.

just so this isn't lost
Hossaim Family of F7
Nicolas Hossaim (Headmaster of Waverly Academy)
Jamie Hossaim (wife of Nicolas Hossaim)
Steven Hossaim (Son of Nicolas Hossaim, Court Wizard of Castle Talos)
Mark Hossaim (Son of Nicolas Hossaim, Necromancer at F7 Graveyard)

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:25 am

Sibirsky wrote:
Caecili wrote:

Some people just like to identify with the bad guys. We can't stop them, unfortunately...
Last edited by Wamitoria on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Lathuria
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lathuria » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:25 am

I thought I saw Willy Nelson in a Chile's once.
Wasnt him......
I did meet a washed up, burnt out, never-that-good-really-want-good-got-almost-no-playing-time-for-three-years football player though. He played for the browns as a quarter back. Casey, or something like that. A girly name. I got his autograph on a card that gives his stats, and his stats suck the big one. The thing is worthless.
The Corparation wrote:No. It could become popular among apple fanboys aka hipsters. As we all did NS "Before it was cool" It would turn us into hipsters. And I for one do not want to be a hipster.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Here comes the mods in black...
Mods in black...
Internet defenders...

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:27 am

Wamitoria wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:You have weird role models.

Some people just like to identify with the bad guys. We can't stop them, unfortunately...

You want to know how I got these scars?
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Caecili
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecili » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:27 am

Sibirsky wrote:
Caecili wrote:

Not role models at all. The best villains do deserve some respect, though. Doesn't mean they're any less evil, of course.
Last edited by Caecili on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alternate of Ursiroth. Call me "She" or "It" or "Your Holiness". Just not "He".
Is it strange to theme a country around limbless amphibians?
This will explain things: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMvL4zOLSeM

Left/Right: -7.75
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38

Cling, clang, thunk, scraaape...

Flebgervia
Civilian

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Flebgervia » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:33 am

I met Al Di Meola. Coincidentally, he's a really cool guy.

New Freedomstan
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Freedomstan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:40 am

I've met the band Gatas Parlament (Parliament of the Street). And Birger Bakken and Arne Jørgensen (two decently famous WW2 resistance members, from the Communist Party).

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:41 am

President Bush, when he was actually president. Also VP Cheney.
I've turned down two invitations to go to an Obama White House Xmas party, because I think I'd probably try to kill him on the spur of the moment with a plastic fork, or a stale cookie, or something.
And I met that astronaut who's married to Congresswoman Giffords of Arizona. I forget his name. :?

I've shaken all of their hands and stuff, too- not just saw them from a distance.
Last edited by Neo Arcad on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:42 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Some people just like to identify with the bad guys. We can't stop them, unfortunately...

You want to know how I got these scars?

Byproduct of the Weapon X program? :p
Last edited by Wamitoria on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Alevuss Puppet
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Alevuss Puppet » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:57 am

Wilgrove wrote:
Greater Tezdrian wrote:*turns a deep emerald with envy*

He's a real nice guy, him and I played our fiddle together some. :)

Now I'm jealous.

I had a guy from the show Made come to my school. He yelled at me in specific. Does that count?
Disregard this sig.
MAKE LOVE NOT WAR - Put this in your signature if you agree.
We'll carry on
And though you're dead and gone believe me
Your memory will carry on
Will carry on
And though you're broken and defeated
Your weary widow marches on

This is a puppet of the nation, Alevuss. I have the same political stance on everything when out of character. In-character, it's a despotate, required to hold elections and certain rights by Alevian constitution since 1999. Also, the colony is called Alevuss Puppet, but is sometimes referred to as Alevian Morocco.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:07 am

Once when I was in the 3rd grade and living in Nashville, the Mayor came and read a book by Dr Seuss to us. I was in the 2nd row.

Also I dont know if this counts, but one of my close female friends stalks Chris Paul (plays for the New Orleans Hornets). She's met him like 50 times and took like 300 pictures with him.

*shrugs*
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Alevuss Puppet
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Alevuss Puppet » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:20 am

Grenartia wrote:Once when I was in the 3rd grade and living in Nashville, the Mayor came and read a book by Dr Seuss to us. I was in the 2nd row.

Also I dont know if this counts, but one of my close female friends stalks Chris Paul (plays for the New Orleans Hornets). She's met him like 50 times and took like 300 pictures with him.

*shrugs*

My friend's cousin is knows Christofer Drew.

But still that's cool that you got to meet your mayor. My town in 3rd grade didn't have a mayor. It had a Town Council, mostly made up of people from other towns.
Disregard this sig.
MAKE LOVE NOT WAR - Put this in your signature if you agree.
We'll carry on
And though you're dead and gone believe me
Your memory will carry on
Will carry on
And though you're broken and defeated
Your weary widow marches on

This is a puppet of the nation, Alevuss. I have the same political stance on everything when out of character. In-character, it's a despotate, required to hold elections and certain rights by Alevian constitution since 1999. Also, the colony is called Alevuss Puppet, but is sometimes referred to as Alevian Morocco.

Zirconim
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zirconim » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:25 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
The Pope States wrote:Ive met the band Linkin Park and the band Three Days Grace

You lucky bastard.

That lucky sonuvabitch! >:( /isjealous
Embassies In: Cosumar
Israslovakahzerbajan
Lemonius
Tech: PMT/FT
Economic: -3.00
Socially: -5.64

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all." -Mario Savio
Featured Album(s):
Sukekiyo-Immortalis
Featured Song(s):
David Bowie-Blackstar

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:58 am

Caecili wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:You have weird role models.

Not role models at all. The best villains do deserve some respect, though. Doesn't mean they're any less evil, of course.

Your comment was... you were star struck almost, talking to some dude on the internet who touched Putin. At least you realize that he's scum.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Caecili
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecili » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
Caecili wrote:

Your comment was... you were star struck almost, talking to some dude on the internet who touched Putin. At least you realize that he's scum.

I was star struck. Putin is an impressive figure. Am I not allowed to be impressed by scum?
Alternate of Ursiroth. Call me "She" or "It" or "Your Holiness". Just not "He".
Is it strange to theme a country around limbless amphibians?
This will explain things: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMvL4zOLSeM

Left/Right: -7.75
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38

Cling, clang, thunk, scraaape...

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:02 pm

I saw Kobe Bryant at Disneyland once, he'd lost a game the night before so I yelled some obscenities at him.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

French Union
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby French Union » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Unfortunately I had the "pleasure" of meeting Biden.
Last edited by French Union on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:18 pm

French Union wrote:Unfortunately I had the "pleasure" of meeting Biden.

It's a big fucking deal.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Stachland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Stachland » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Minoriteeburg wrote:
Stachland wrote:Star Wars Weekends at Disney World are a good way for nerds to meet the actors—last time I met David Prowse (guy in the Vader suit), Jeremy Bulloch (the original Boba Fett), Jay Laga'aia (Captain Typho), and Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka in The Clone Wars).

I don't know too many people who have also met David Prowse.

I am suprised you never ran ito Peter Mayhew at the Star Wars Weekends.

We tried to get tickets to see Mr. Mayhew once, but we accidentally slept in and got there too late.
POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic: -9.12 | Social: -8.41

ROLEPLAY STATISTICS
Population: 86 million | Modern Technology
One Gold, five Silver, and four Bronze medals at the First Water World Championships.
Group runners-up and Round of 8 at Cup of Harmony 47.
Currently hosting the World Air Hockey Championships.

BronyTale

Promisance
Envoy

Founded: Jan 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Promisance » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Mick Foley of WWE fame. Saw him at a Six Flags. He was just riding rides. There wasn't any sort of WWE show in town or anything. He looked exactly the same way as he always does, wearing sweat pants and a flannel shirt. I introduced myself and shook his hand.

Indeos
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:25 pm

I met Josh from Drake and Josh once, just walking around New York. It was when my sister and I were pretty young, and my mother stopped him on the street so we could get a picture. Besides that, I don't think I've met anyone famous.
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or http://kraftyradio.com/ every Sunday, 6-7pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Dear Jenrak - Give cancer the banhammer!
Serious Name: The Imperial Fiefdoms of Indeos
NSG: Proud Honorary Son of the Sea Queen Of Connaught
Long Live The Community! Long Live Max!

Oterro
Post Marshal

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:33 pm

Angus Young, Brian Johnson, Phill Rudd, Malcolm Young and [AC/DC Bass Player guy].

Noel Fielding, Julian Barret, Michael Fielding, Dave Brown and Rich Fulcher.

Emmm.

Henrik Larsson, Neil Lennon, Tommy Burns, Bobo Balde and a whole bunch of other guys I don't remember.

I think that covers it.
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:36 pm

A regionally-famous within the indie scene guy taught at my middle school.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General