NATION

PASSWORD

Why the hate on Obama?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Los Cabreddes
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Los Cabreddes » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Cuban confederacy wrote:
Los Cabreddes wrote:
That doesn't mean such health care has to involve wide-ranging government bureaucracy creating a de facto tyranny of private health care, as the current "efficiency" boards do, or that you have to force people to buy insurance who don't want or, perhaps, don't have the money for it, maybe because they choose to be poor.

last time I checked most people try not to be poor but are dragged back into it by external forces (e.g. crime)

Oh I know that, but what if someone does choose to be poor. What if someone goes out on a motorcycle with nothing but a bible to spread the word of God, or lives in a commune up in the mountains. It is your right to not participate in Capitalism right now, though if Obamacare stands it won't be.
FYI: Grammar Nazis not welcome. Aei wull pel wow Aei wyke.

The REAL Glasers
Minister

Founded: Feb 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The REAL Glasers » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:49 pm

To be honest, I've been a lot more frustrated and angry with the Democratic party as a whole than I have been with Obama. He could have been a good president, but his presidency was marred by an indecisive and spineless party that couldn't make use of its majorities.

I also harbor some hate toward Republicans for getting caught up in this Tea Party nonsense and being absolutely uncompromising. Times like these are not a time for for party politics.
YouTube Channel
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Onespeed
http://www.last.fm/user/TheYardstick
Economic Left/Right: -4.88 - Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67
I want a riot grrrlfriend

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:56 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:because it works.

the right/republicans/libertarians have mounted a constant hate campaign and it has had its effect.

Ash,
Ignore the wing-nuts on the right for a bit and imagine that it's just someone who disagrees on many philosophical fronts with the President. Is it "hate" to have that kind of ideas about the man?

disagreeing with the president is FINE. its expected. its patriotic even.

but this lame-ass "whatever the president does, even if its what ive wanted the whole time, it SUCKS" stuff is wrong. the "ohmygod obama hates the UK because of the maumau thing in kenya" is retarded. the constant "is he or isnt he a muslim" stuff is wrong.

the stupid disinformation campaign waged so hard by the conservative talk radio shows and fox news makes it impossible to get a true read on what the public wants and what they would think of whatever plan there is if they only got the truth about it.

which doesnt mean that the public would always agree if they knew "the truth" it just means that its impossible to tell when they are worried sick that obamacare means death panels for their elderly relatives.
whatever

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Los Cabreddes wrote:
Cuban confederacy wrote:The fact of the matter is he is a great guy, America and a lot of other countrys need to get public health care.

That doesn't mean such health care has to involve wide-ranging government bureaucracy creating a de facto tyranny of private health care, as the current "efficiency" boards do, or that you have to force people to buy insurance who don't want or, perhaps, don't have the money for it, maybe because they choose to be poor.

Nobody "chooses" to be poor.

EDIT: Oh, I see what you meant. Sorry, I assumed it was another anti-poor people rant.
Last edited by Geniasis on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:06 pm

To be frank:

Because he isn't black. That's right, he isn't black like he says he is.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

SunsSon
Attaché

Founded: Dec 12, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby SunsSon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:10 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Los Cabreddes wrote:

Nobody "chooses" to be poor.

EDIT: Oh, I see what you meant. Sorry, I assumed it was another anti-poor people rant.

I know you edited your post, but honestly I believe anyone who would rather work hourly than in an office for whatever reason (offices are boring, hourly is more rewarding) are choosing their standard of living. Anyone who takes a pay cut to get more free time is doing it willingly. Anyone who wants to open their own business should know that they could become a millionaire or live an impoverished life.

You-Gi-Owe
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby You-Gi-Owe » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
You-Gi-Owe wrote:Ash,
Ignore the wing-nuts on the right for a bit and imagine that it's just someone who disagrees on many philosophical fronts with the President. Is it "hate" to have that kind of ideas about the man?

but this lame-ass "whatever the president does, even if its what ive wanted the whole time, it SUCKS" stuff is wrong. the "ohmygod obama hates the UK because of the maumau thing in kenya" is retarded. the constant "is he or isnt he a muslim" stuff is wrong.

Yeah, that stuff is pretty whacked out. I think some of these things happen because he plays his cards so close to the vest. Some folk on the right wonder why a sane person would do what he does and invent even crazier theories.
Ashmoria wrote:the stupid disinformation campaign waged so hard by the conservative talk radio shows and fox news makes it impossible to get a true read on what the public wants and what they would think of whatever plan there is if they only got the truth about it.

Be specific, please. Do you believe there are any people of opposing views and good faith on the radio and/or at Fox News? Or do you think they're all political hacks? It's pretty uncharitable and self-limiting to think that all the folk that oppose your philosophical view are evil or crazy.
Ashmoria wrote: which doesnt mean that the public would always agree if they knew "the truth" it just means that its impossible to tell when they are worried sick that obamacare means death panels for their elderly relatives.

I'm not going to go into Mathusian fears about the availability of medical treatment for any particular group, it may be there or not, since I haven't read the 2000 page monstrosity. I don't like the idea that I have to buy healthcare insurance simply because I breathe, though.
“Man, I'm so hip I won't even eat a square meal!”
"We've always been at war with Eastasia." 1984, George Orwell
Tyrion: "Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!"
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” ~ James Madison quotes

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:46 pm

I don't hate Obama.

I don't dislike him.

I don't praise his every move, nor do I assume to interpret what he says to fit my world view.
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Kaputer
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kaputer » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Underium wrote:
Kaputer wrote:Your ruling out a lot of reasons for people. He's a politician he gets hate it's part of the job.

Ya but last time i checked there wasn't a group on facebook dedicated to say i don't know killing George w. bush? Is there? When hes the idiot who got us into this mess!!!

Bush was a failure, but how was he singularly responsible for all the problems? Please support this claim.
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater
War can't give life, it can only take it away.
Former Capitalist Paradise Delegate

Underium
Senator

Founded: Jun 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Kaputer wrote:
Underium wrote:Ya but last time i checked there wasn't a group on facebook dedicated to say i don't know killing George w. bush? Is there? When hes the idiot who got us into this mess!!!

Bush was a failure, but how was he singularly responsible for all the problems? Please support this claim.

First of do you know how much a war costs, let alone two wars, also he was a lying bastard. Remember when he declared that Iraq was making WMD's so we would invade them? Then no WMD's at all!!! All of the things about why we are in Iraq was a lie.

But thats beside the point.

Anyways I did not say he is the only one who got us into this situation, however he did nothing to prevent it when we saw it coming from a mile away, it was a giant bubble and when it popped he made no attempt to stop it. So he didn't cause it but he did nothing to stop it.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:11 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:

Yeah, that stuff is pretty whacked out. I think some of these things happen because he plays his cards so close to the vest. Some folk on the right wonder why a sane person would do what he does and invent even crazier theories.
Ashmoria wrote:the stupid disinformation campaign waged so hard by the conservative talk radio shows and fox news makes it impossible to get a true read on what the public wants and what they would think of whatever plan there is if they only got the truth about it.

Be specific, please. Do you believe there are any people of opposing views and good faith on the radio and/or at Fox News? Or do you think they're all political hacks? It's pretty uncharitable and self-limiting to think that all the folk that oppose your philosophical view are evil or crazy.
Ashmoria wrote: which doesnt mean that the public would always agree if they knew "the truth" it just means that its impossible to tell when they are worried sick that obamacare means death panels for their elderly relatives.

I'm not going to go into Mathusian fears about the availability of medical treatment for any particular group, it may be there or not, since I haven't read the 2000 page monstrosity. I don't like the idea that I have to buy healthcare insurance simply because I breathe, though.

no i dont think that at this time there are ANY commentators of good faith on the conservative side. the william buckleys of the conservative movement are all gone by. now they are just hacks who fear monger and stake out positions based on "not being what the other side wants".

and again, as to the health care bill, im not saying that i think that if everyone knew "the truth" then everyone would whole heartedly support it. that is impossible in a country this large. but it is impossible to get a true read on how people feel about it because the well has been dirtied and they are up in arms about things that dont exist in the bill--government money for abortions, death panels, jail sentences for not getting insurance.
whatever

ElectTheDead
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby ElectTheDead » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:52 pm

For the same reason they hate Bush.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:56 pm

ElectTheDead wrote:For the same reason they hate Bush.

Damn Obama and his Free Speech Zones!
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Kruplyan
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kruplyan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:56 pm

I hate dislike the man cause he's always trying to grab my wallet.

Everyone else? The Dems don't like him cause he has done maybe 10% of what he promised in his campaign. The Republicans for the above reason (and the Dixiecrats because he's black).
Last edited by Kruplyan on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Kruplyan wrote:I hate dislike the man cause he's always trying to grab my wallet.

Everyone else? The Dems don't like him cause he has done maybe 10% of what he promised in his campaign. The Republicans for the above reason (and the Dixiecrats because he's black).

except that neither of those things are TRUE.

he has given you a tax cut (or if you are rich he has maintained your tax cuts) and he has passed TONS of what he promised and has worked on most of the rest.

the notable exception being closing the guantanamo bay prison.
whatever

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008

Postby Mushet » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:16 pm

The REAL Glasers wrote:To be honest, I've been a lot more frustrated and angry with the Democratic party as a whole than I have been with Obama. He could have been a good president, but his presidency was marred by an indecisive and spineless party that couldn't make use of its majorities.

I also harbor some hate toward Republicans for getting caught up in this Tea Party nonsense and being absolutely uncompromising. Times like these are not a time for for party politics.

This democrat republican bullshit is completely stupid, they're two times of the same coin and all these big arguments are nothing productive, gay marriage barely fucking matters! They can already be together and it's no less of a travesty than vegas marriages , and I don't even see why gays even want to get married that badly, they don't need the putocratic state to legitimize their love. All these arguments are doing is dividing us, creating dissent and distracting us from the fact that the government is playing us like pawns
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

Sierra Lobo
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sierra Lobo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Kruplyan wrote:I hate dislike the man cause he's always trying to grab my wallet.

except that neither of those things are TRUE.

he has given you a tax cut (or if you are rich he has maintained your tax cuts) and he has passed TONS of what he promised and has worked on most of the rest.

he now gave us a tax cut ?.... or did he. It was more like he maintained the status qou because of the repubs

the tons he has promised are things which are watered down or things I really opposed ....

his change is the Status quo.
Last edited by Sierra Lobo on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.21

"Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is the same as that of the religious fanatics, and it springs from the same source . . . They are creatures who can't hear the music of the spheres." - Einstein

“Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side”

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Underium wrote:Why are there so many people that seem to hate Barrack Obama, and please dont say something along the lines of, "Because he's black."
Personally I like the job Obama is doing, because the economy has gotten better so why?

Because people don't understand how the checks and balances system works.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

The Pope States
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pope States » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:29 pm

He sucks as a Prez he need to be hanged and i'm not racist i just hate him that much.

The Pike Dynasty
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 02, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pike Dynasty » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:30 pm

Gitmo, continued military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, a continuation of the PATRIOT Act, bailing out large corporations...this describes both the Obama and Bush administration.

Change that will make you re-think the definition of "change".

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Sierra Lobo wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:except that neither of those things are TRUE.

he now gave us a tax cut ?.... or did he. It was more like he maintained the status qou because of the repubs

the tons he has promised are things which are watered down or things I really opposed ....

no he gave you actual tax cuts.

they were included in the stimulus bill.
whatever

Sapphista
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapphista » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Obama is one person. If you want to hate anything, hate the government as a whole, since Obama isn't a dictator or monarch.
It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to have firm beliefs.
~Sworn enemy of Misogynysta~

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:38 pm

The Pope States wrote:He sucks as a Prez he need to be hanged and i'm not racist i just hate him that much.

you would seem to not understand the job of president very well if you think that this one has done something worthy of hanging.
whatever

Eternal Yerushalayim
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Yerushalayim » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:44 pm

I vote "Present".
"The trouble with Socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money."-Margaret Thatcher
"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe. " -Saint Augustine
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."-Albert Einstein
"The first and simplest emotion which we discover in the human mind, is curiosity." -Edmund Burke

Lerro
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lerro » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Sierra Lobo wrote:he now gave us a tax cut ?.... or did he. It was more like he maintained the status qou because of the repubs

no he gave you actual tax cuts.

they were included in the stimulus bill.

Tax credits are not tax cuts.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General