NATION

PASSWORD

Wis. G.O.P Receiving Death Threats. No Call for Civility?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should Democratic Party Leaders call for civility in wake of Wis. death threats?

Yes.
101
59%
Maybe.
12
7%
No.
58
34%
 
Total votes : 171

User avatar
Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18796
Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:15 pm

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/wis ... hate-fille
This is actually interesting YGO. It's not on this particular item, but the Dems are doing exactly what the Repubs did.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

User avatar
Kazomal
Minister
 
Posts: 2892
Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kazomal » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:23 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
Kazomal wrote:Exactly.

The Republicans are winning because they know how politics is played: dirty and against the rules.

We need to do what the Koch brothers did, except for the good guys. We need to get organized and look to the long game.

Of course, it's difficult when the bad guys control most of the money and the media and can spew racist lies to indoctrinate people. But we need to stop pretending that if we play by the rules and are right, right will win, or that truth will prevail just because it will. We have to make it happen.

As for the OP, this is just bullshit. There were no 'calls for civility' when Congressional Democrats were getting death threats. Come off your high horse, there is no double standard. Climb down off that cross, use the wood to build a bridge and get the fuck over it. We can all see through your fake outrage. Are you being paid by the Koch brothers to post this shit?

As for the event in question, I think a bigger problem is that the media rarely if ever mentioned that the unions had already agreed to make concessions to close the budget shortfall, or that Walker was only attacking the unions that vote democratic, while rewarding the ones that vote republican, and admitted that this was just an ploy to de-fund unions, or that Wisconsin had a surplus 1 year ago, which Walker gave away to his top 4 campaign contributors in a sneaky last-minute session, but instead parroted Walker's insane lie that this was necessary to close the shortfall.

I understand that some people are ruthless assholes who will fuck over billions of people for their own gains, but what I don't get is all the half-brights out there who somehow believe the obvious bullshit! And somehow, this is the majority of Americans!

Boggles the mind. The vicious fucking curs.

Calm down there turbo. Examine the underlined bits, you have made a grievous error that people have made for the last century.
The error that YOU are necessarily right. You consider the fact that...You could be wrong? Fostering some notion that the "bad-guys are out to get us" isn't what you should be doing, because it is THAT exact attitude that has led to problems.


I am frequently wrong about things. I love to debate with smart people who disagree with me, this is why I come to NSG in the first place. A person with a honest difference of opinion can expand your understanding and knowledge, and point out where your wrong. Beyond that, you should never just assume that you're right, and should always challenge your understanding of things, which I strive to do.

But when it comes to the likes of the Koch Bros, Scott Walker, Citizens United, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, etc, they are not just people with a difference of opinion that they think is right. They spread hate and vicious lies (objective, provable lies), they plunder the wealth of society, and they hijack our democracy. They are not trying to set America on the best course, they are trying to get as much money as power as they can, and they don't care how many millions of Americans and foreigners they have to hurt and kill to do it. They have been winning for a long, long time. I honestly believe this.

They're more the ones that the "vicious cur" comment was directed at.

I'm always open to being wrong. If someone presents me with a factual, logical, or real argument or example. When a group of people repeatedly lies and sirs up hate, you cannot have an honest exchange of ideas, because they are not being honest, or looking for compromise, or truly find the best path, they are trying to dominate.
Check out Rabbit Punch, the MMA, Sports, News & Politics blog, now in two great flavors!

Rabbit Punch: Sports (MMA and Sports Blog)- http://www.rabbitpunch1.blogspot.com
Rabbit Punch: Politics (News and Politics, the Ultimate Contact Sports)- http://rabbitpunchpolitics.blogspot.com/

User avatar
You-Gi-Owe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6230
Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby You-Gi-Owe » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/wis-democratic-party-condemns-hate-fille
This is actually interesting YGO. It's not on this particular item, but the Dems are doing exactly what the Repubs did.

It's good to see that some of the Dems objected to the targeting.
“Man, I'm so hip I won't even eat a square meal!”
"We've always been at war with Eastasia." 1984, George Orwell
Tyrion: "Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!"
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” ~ James Madison quotes

User avatar
Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18796
Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:28 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/wis-democratic-party-condemns-hate-fille
This is actually interesting YGO. It's not on this particular item, but the Dems are doing exactly what the Repubs did.

It's good to see that some of the Dems objected to the targeting.

I just glanced at the title when I posted it and I just read through it now, it wasn't quite as positive as I thought it was...
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

User avatar
You-Gi-Owe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6230
Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby You-Gi-Owe » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
You-Gi-Owe wrote:That it's quite illustrative about the typical two-faced democrat/liberal attitude regarding, "heated rhetoic". If they're feel like they're in the "crosshairs", it's a terrible thing.
If their opponents are in the crosshairs, they think it's only natural.


Are you accusing me of being a hypocrite?

Am I?
Did you think there was really a previous need for "calls of civility" with "targeted districts" and posters with "crosshairs" and do you now feel there's no need to quell the heated rhetoric?
“Man, I'm so hip I won't even eat a square meal!”
"We've always been at war with Eastasia." 1984, George Orwell
Tyrion: "Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!"
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” ~ James Madison quotes

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33344
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:43 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:
Are you accusing me of being a hypocrite?

Am I?
Did you think there was really a previous need for "calls of civility" with "targeted districts" and posters with "crosshairs" and do you now feel there's no need to quell the heated rhetoric?


I would consider myself a typical liberal. I'll repeat the question.

Are you calling me a hypocrite?

User avatar
Maineiacs
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6569
Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

User avatar
You-Gi-Owe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6230
Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby You-Gi-Owe » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
You-Gi-Owe wrote:Am I?
Did you think there was really a previous need for "calls of civility" with "targeted districts" and posters with "crosshairs" and do you now feel there's no need to quell the heated rhetoric?


I would consider myself a typical liberal. I'll repeat the question.

Are you calling me a hypocrite?

No, I'm reserving the hypocrisy label specifically for those 'typical liberals" that felt it was okay to call for civility then, but not now.
“Man, I'm so hip I won't even eat a square meal!”
"We've always been at war with Eastasia." 1984, George Orwell
Tyrion: "Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!"
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” ~ James Madison quotes

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33344
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:52 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:
I would consider myself a typical liberal. I'll repeat the question.

Are you calling me a hypocrite?

No, I'm reserving the hypocrisy label specifically for those 'typical liberals" that felt it was okay to call for civility then, but not now.


Ah, perhaps you should be more careful about how you speak. I doubt I'm the only one who took your statement to be about liberals as a whole. "Typical two-faced democrat/liberal attitude" does seem rather sweeping after all...

User avatar
Drachmar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1126
Founded: Sep 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Drachmar » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:00 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:
Are you accusing me of being a hypocrite?

Am I?
Did you think there was really a previous need for "calls of civility" with "targeted districts" and posters with "crosshairs" and do you now feel there's no need to quell the heated rhetoric?

I know you're asking Fartsniffage, but the real need is to find the authors of these alleged emails, and prosecute them. There has been a constant message from Wisconsin Democrats on the ground, to keep these protests peaceful and civil. And it has become heated since the Capitol was shut down, and access restricted. Walker has been playing politics with this access to the building; making claims that $7.5 million in damages was caused by protesters, etc.

If the emails are linked back to unions, or Dems, then I expect more action on their part. However, at the moment, they are calling for civility on the ground.
Favorite quotes:

Grave_n_idle wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.

...which explains why people keep sticking shovels in your head.


Katganistan wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:I'm a monster in bed.

Women run screaming from you? ;)

User avatar
You-Gi-Owe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6230
Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby You-Gi-Owe » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:04 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
You-Gi-Owe wrote:No, I'm reserving the hypocrisy label specifically for those 'typical liberals" that felt it was okay to call for civility then, but not now.


Ah, perhaps you should be more careful about how you speak. I doubt I'm the only one who took your statement to be about liberals as a whole. "Typical two-faced democrat/liberal attitude" does seem rather sweeping after all...

Point taken. I must maintain clear thought and careful tranquility, even in passion. Apologies.
“Man, I'm so hip I won't even eat a square meal!”
"We've always been at war with Eastasia." 1984, George Orwell
Tyrion: "Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!"
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” ~ James Madison quotes

User avatar
You-Gi-Owe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6230
Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby You-Gi-Owe » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Drachmar wrote:
You-Gi-Owe wrote:Am I?
Did you think there was really a previous need for "calls of civility" with "targeted districts" and posters with "crosshairs" and do you now feel there's no need to quell the heated rhetoric?

I know you're asking Fartsniffage, but the real need is to find the authors of these alleged emails, and prosecute them. There has been a constant message from Wisconsin Democrats on the ground, to keep these protests peaceful and civil. And it has become heated since the Capitol was shut down, and access restricted. Walker has been playing politics with this access to the building; making claims that $7.5 million in damages was caused by protesters, etc.

If the emails are linked back to unions, or Dems, then I expect more action on their part. However, at the moment, they are calling for civility on the ground.

Like ^ this. 8)
“Man, I'm so hip I won't even eat a square meal!”
"We've always been at war with Eastasia." 1984, George Orwell
Tyrion: "Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!"
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” ~ James Madison quotes

User avatar
Drachmar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1126
Founded: Sep 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Drachmar » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:09 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Drachmar wrote:I know you're asking Fartsniffage, but the real need is to find the authors of these alleged emails, and prosecute them. There has been a constant message from Wisconsin Democrats on the ground, to keep these protests peaceful and civil. And it has become heated since the Capitol was shut down, and access restricted. Walker has been playing politics with this access to the building; making claims that $7.5 million in damages was caused by protesters, etc.

If the emails are linked back to unions, or Dems, then I expect more action on their part. However, at the moment, they are calling for civility on the ground.

Like ^ this. 8)

So, you're calling me a hypocrite? Wonderful You-Gi. I had the same stance regarding the Giffords shooting. So get off you're fucking high horse of self-righteousness. I have witnessed Wisconsin Dems calling for civility.
Favorite quotes:

Grave_n_idle wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.

...which explains why people keep sticking shovels in your head.


Katganistan wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:I'm a monster in bed.

Women run screaming from you? ;)

User avatar
Revolutopia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5741
Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:54 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:
I would consider myself a typical liberal. I'll repeat the question.

Are you calling me a hypocrite?

No, I'm reserving the hypocrisy label specifically for those 'typical liberals" that felt it was okay to call for civility then, but not now.


And I am reserving the hypocrisy label specifically for those "typical conservatives" who felt it was okay to be uncivil to Democrats after healthcare reform and since, but now find incivility appalling.

Shit man, only couple weeks ago a woman asked a Republican representative in Georgia when will someone shoot Obama. Which the Representative promptly failed to comment on, but instead blame Obama for people feeling angry right now.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Economic Left/Right: -3.12|Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

Who is Tom Joad?

User avatar
New Chalcedon
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12226
Founded: Sep 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby New Chalcedon » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:24 pm

1) I haven't seen prominent Democrats using violence-loaded words and phrasing when communicating to their base. Unlike the Republican Party.

2) I have already established the possibility (which I note that YGO and the assorted right-wing trolls on this thread are ignoring) that, due to the assorted right-wing efforts to infiltrate and discredit the protests, these anonymous death-threat senders are plants. Anyone can send in a letter with a death threat, as opposed to having prominent personalities draw crosshairs on their opponents' heads, call for "Second Amendment remedies" or run ads calling on their supportes to "shoot an M-16 for freedom" to remove their opponent from office. So go have some fun with your false equivalence, right-wingers - just keep tellling yourselves that the situation is the same.

3) If they are not a plant, I certainly hope that they do not follow through (if they are, then it goes without saying that the WI GOPers are in no danger), for both moral and practical reasons. Morally, I abhor the threatening of violence against officials who are not outrightly treasonous (which is certainly not the case here - I abhor Walker's policies, but 'treason' is one hell of a stretch). Practically, there is no better way to make them martyrs and cement (and extend to the rest of America) their corrupt, ill-advised, America-breaking policies - waving the bloody shirt is an exceedingly effective tactic.

4) You are wilfully ignoring, YGO, that the constant refrain from the Dems throughout this has been "peaceful protest, please". Not that this has stopped various GOPers from trying to tar them with the brush you're using. But, hey, don't let the absurdity of your comparison stop you, YGO.

Revolutopia wrote:
You-Gi-Owe wrote:No, I'm reserving the hypocrisy label specifically for those 'typical liberals" that felt it was okay to call for civility then, but not now.


And I am reserving the hypocrisy label specifically for those "typical conservatives" who felt it was okay to be uncivil to Democrats after healthcare reform and since, but now find incivility appalling.

Shit man, only couple weeks ago a woman asked a Republican representative in Georgia when will someone shoot Obama. Which the Representative promptly failed to comment on, but instead blame Obama for people feeling angry right now.


Thank you for a bit of sanity.

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Drachmar wrote:I know you're asking Fartsniffage, but the real need is to find the authors of these alleged emails, and prosecute them. There has been a constant message from Wisconsin Democrats on the ground, to keep these protests peaceful and civil. And it has become heated since the Capitol was shut down, and access restricted. Walker has been playing politics with this access to the building; making claims that $7.5 million in damages was caused by protesters, etc.

If the emails are linked back to unions, or Dems, then I expect more action on their part. However, at the moment, they are calling for civility on the ground.

Like ^ this. 8)


Like what? They are already doing what you say they should but aren't (calling for civility) - don't you ever get tired of being proven wrong?
Fuck it all. Let the world burn - there's no way roaches could do a worse job of being decent than we have.

User avatar
Drachmar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1126
Founded: Sep 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Drachmar » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:34 pm

New Chalcedon wrote:
You-Gi-Owe wrote:Like ^ this. 8)


Like what? They are already doing what you say they should but aren't (calling for civility) - don't you ever get tired of being proven wrong?


Hell, I'm still trying to figure out why I was called a hypocrite.

Thanks NC! Brilliant post. :clap:
Favorite quotes:

Grave_n_idle wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.

...which explains why people keep sticking shovels in your head.


Katganistan wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:I'm a monster in bed.

Women run screaming from you? ;)

User avatar
Risna
Diplomat
 
Posts: 737
Founded: Feb 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Risna » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Is it not republicans who said 'No where in the Constitution does it say you have the right to having your feelings not hurt"? I personally feel that criticism is good for our society.

If one could argue that we should silence dissenters i disagree. that would be exterminating our liberties and comparing us to Nazi controlled Germany or Stalinist Russia where if you opposed what the government did you were killed.....
”Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. “
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

User avatar
Bottle
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14985
Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Delator wrote:
Sigged.

There's gotta be some better way of linking that, but I'm an idiot. : P



Seconded. That was epic, and oh so true.

Thanks, I didn't really mean to go off like that, but like, fucking, seriously? "Be civil" they say, as if there's a way to have a "civil" debate about whether female human beings should get basic human rights, or a "civil" way to debate whether my relationship with my girlfriend is destroying the fabric of society, or a "civil" way to debate whether the alliance between godless people and Satan is a literal one or only a figurative one, or a "civil" way to debate whether people who support universal health care are communist traitors who deserve to be shot. Civility can fuck right off, as far as I'm concerned, because I don't believe there's any polite way to tell somebody that you think they're intrinsically worth less than you are.

I'm sick to fucking death of everyone demanding that us non-straight-white-male-Christian-richass-motherfuckers take time out of our days to be NICER and EXPLAIN things, POLITELY please, because of fucking course none of us have anything better to do than hold the hands of the people who shit on us daily. If only we'd be NICER and watch our TONE please and thankyou, then they'd be willing to give us our basic rights and junk, it's just that we're so goshdarn MEAN and that, THAT my friends is why gay people can't get married and women can't get medical care and atheists can't get elected worth shit and liberals get called traitors for suggesting that maybe we shouldn't fucking bomb civilians in countries that never fucking attacked us. Because of TONE. Because we didn't ask NICELY enough for our rights, please sir, and can I have another? Because that's how it works, right? Marginalized people shut up and keep it down and don't make waves and are nice and sweet and helpful, and then the oppressive class just decides to be all friendly and hand out civil rights like party favors. Fuck off, man, we're marginalized but we're not fucking morons. We can read history too.
Last edited by Bottle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

User avatar
Ryadn
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8028
Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:29 am

Bottle wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

Seconded. That was epic, and oh so true.

Thanks, I didn't really mean to go off like that, but like, fucking, seriously? "Be civil" they say, as if there's a way to have a "civil" debate about whether female human beings should get basic human rights, or a "civil" way to debate whether my relationship with my girlfriend is destroying the fabric of society, or a "civil" way to debate whether the alliance between godless people and Satan is a literal one or only a figurative one, or a "civil" way to debate whether people who support universal health care are communist traitors who deserve to be shot. Civility can fuck right off, as far as I'm concerned, because I don't believe there's any polite way to tell somebody that you think they're intrinsically worth less than you are.

I'm sick to fucking death of everyone demanding that us non-straight-white-male-Christian-richass-motherfuckers take time out of our days to be NICER and EXPLAIN things, POLITELY please, because of fucking course none of us have anything better to do than hold the hands of the people who shit on us daily. If only we'd be NICER and watch our TONE please and thankyou, then they'd be willing to give us our basic rights and junk, it's just that we're so goshdarn MEAN and that, THAT my friends is why gay people can't get married and women can't get medical care and atheists can't get elected worth shit and liberals get called traitors for suggesting that maybe we shouldn't fucking bomb civilians in countries that never fucking attacked us. Because of TONE. Because we didn't ask NICELY enough for our rights, please sir, and can I have another? Because that's how it works, right? Marginalized people shut up and keep it down and don't make waves and are nice and sweet and helpful, and then the oppressive class just decides to be all friendly and hand out civil rights like party favors. Fuck off, man, we're marginalized but we're not fucking morons. We can read history too.


You write things like that, and I want to get 'civil' with you in ways that are still illegal in most of the country. :kiss:
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

User avatar
Ryadn
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8028
Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:33 am

The poll is too limited to vote. Where's the option for "some course of action short of crawling to the GOP on their bellies and begging to be stomped again, which YGO will label un-American and use as an excuse in every debate from now until Christ returns to earth to deny fellow human beings basic rights"?
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

User avatar
Revolutopia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5741
Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Sorry to bump this thread, but I found something interesting will surfing google.

Primarily, lets compare the image results for "wisconsin union guns at political rally" to "tea party guns at political rally" and tell me again who is being more uncivil?
Last edited by Revolutopia on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Economic Left/Right: -3.12|Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

Who is Tom Joad?

User avatar
Gauthier
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52887
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Revolutopia wrote:Sorry to bump this thread, but I found something interesting will surfing google.

Primarily, lets compare the image results for "wisconsin union guns at political rally" to "tea party guns at political rally" and tell me again who is being more uncivil?


Blah Blah Blah They Don't Represent The Tea Party Blah Blah Blah Lone Nutcases Blah Blah Blah.

There, got the oblgatory excuse out of the way.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

User avatar
Luciratus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1727
Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Luciratus » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Gauthier wrote:Blah Blah Blah They Don't Represent The unions Blah Blah Blah Lone Nutcases Blah Blah Blah.

There, got the oblgatory excuse out of the way.

I concur. For the large part, the threats are sent by lone nutcases. The people who initially suggested the shooter in the Tuscon incident was in any manner related to the Tea Party were be disingenuous. Likewise, those suggesting that all union leaders are complicit in these threats is spouting more bullshit than an East Texan ranch.
Last edited by Luciratus on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop the killing! Free Libya!
Please, help Japan and Oceania in any manner possible. Pray or hope for their safety and health.
I am a Grammar Nazi. As such, I prefer posts that are comprehensible.
Cannot think of a name wrote:
Mosasauria wrote:War is a necessary evil. True peace is impossible.
As long as we tell ourselves the first sentence, the second one will always be true.

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Cameroi wrote:And I still say, 9 out of 10 fetuses would rather be aborted then be born unwanted.

Did you poll those fetuses on their opinion?

Ezekiel Bardoff (dictator)
Yavid Biram (chairman)
Yashua Mithridates (two terms)
Alistaire Hawthorne (current)

Factbook

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49122
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Greed and Death » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Look as the Governor has said countless time he is only weakening the unions because they have become so violent. And like his hand picked justices on the Wisconsin Supreme court have said any recall vote would be unconstitutional because it is motivated by violence.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Wamitoria
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18852
Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:51 pm

greed and death wrote:Look as the Governor has said countless time he is only weakening the unions because they have become so violent. And like his hand picked justices on the Wisconsin Supreme court have said any recall vote would be unconstitutional because it is motivated by violence.

:rofl:
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Black Moon Archmagocracy, Dumb Ideologies, Greater Miami Shores and La Habana Cuba, Infected Mushroom, Kowani, Nakena, Neanderthaland, North German Realm, Samadhi, Stellar Colonies, The Greater Ohio Valley

Advertisement

Remove ads