NATION

PASSWORD

Islamophobia in America: "One nation under God, not Allah"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you believe Islamophobia is on the rise in America?

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes : 201

Qatarab
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Qatarab » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:17 pm

Aglrinia wrote:
Qatarab wrote:Americans feared Communists only a few decades ago,Japs and Nazis nearly half a century or more ago,Southerners nearly 2 centuries ago and Brits nearly 3 centuries ago....now its muslims. Makes me wonder whats next.

Let em keep shouting...they make one wrong move and its time to go American on those bigots asses and Sue their pants off. That might prove them wrong about muslims not being American...

Frankly I think they like having something to fear.

Politicians can be evil...

Ima invent the first RL ignore cannon and fire away at these Tea Party rabblements....
I RP With:MT(5 billion) and FT(25 Billion)[may change]
Factbook
Neo Arcad wrote:
Qatarab wrote:Where's my torch? Time to burn some courts down.

Oh, you crazy Muslim you!

Keronians
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Keronians » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Aglrinia wrote:
Qatarab wrote:Americans feared Communists only a few decades ago,Japs and Nazis nearly half a century or more ago,Southerners nearly 2 centuries ago and Brits nearly 3 centuries ago....now its muslims. Makes me wonder whats next.

Let em keep shouting...they make one wrong move and its time to go American on those bigots asses and Sue their pants off. That might prove them wrong about muslims not being American...

Frankly I think they like having something to fear.

Ya think?
Proud Indian. Spanish citizen. European federalist.
Political compass
Awarded the Bronze Medal for General Debating at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards. Awarded Best New Poster at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards.
It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning.
George Orwell
· Private property
· Free foreign trade
· Exchange of goods and services
· Free formation of prices

· Market regulation
· Social security
· Universal healthcare
· Unemployment insurance

This is a capitalist model.

EnragedMaldivians
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 01, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby EnragedMaldivians » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:27 pm

The Communists actually were a threat. Mcarthysim was over the top, but it is proven that there were Soviet infiltrators working in the state department, and that espionage is how the Soviets got their own A-bomb. If anyone wants me to source that I will, but I am assuming this is common knowledge.

Equating the failure that is political Islam to Communism is misleading. Communism had more than a modicum of popular support among leftists at the height of Soviet power. Political Islam, especially extremism, has enough trouble winning over Muslims.

If anything terrorists (at least the elite masterminds) are worried about the appeal of American secular culture among Muslim youth, and they deliberately try to create a climate of fear by which they can get the West to go overboard with their responses and rhetoric, and lose their moral credibility and appeal among Muslims. They want western interventionism, because they want to be able to narrate it as a Crusade.

As far as that specific goal goes, they've made a significant advance as we are seeing. But when it comes to offering their own political vision of how Muslim societies should look like, they are very unpopular.

In essence this is not a war between Muslims and non Muslims in my view, it's an intra-faith ideological war between moderates and extremists. That the west has security and economic interests in the Middle Eastern region, and that the reformists espouse Western liberalist views is what brings the West under the cross-hairs of this extremist fringe, who unfortunately are not as stupid as everyone wants to pretend they are.
Taking a break.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Innsmothe wrote:Ironic as God=Allah.
It's only a separation of language.

Whilst in practice Islam is more similar to Judaism, they recognise the prophet Yeshua. So I don;t see why the 'Christians' hate them.

This.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Islamophobia in America: "One nation under God, not Alla

Postby Alien Space Bats » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm

EnragedMaldivians wrote:
Alien Space Bats wrote:You have no idea how many Americans still believe that Dearborn is governed by Sha'ria Law after that canard went around conservative whack-job circles last fall.

As someone from the Muslim world, I should mention that pro-sharia morons have enough trouble getting most Muslims on board with their full theocratic Agenda. Our local version of the franchise (the Adhaalath part), won a staggering 0.8% of the vote in a self proclaimed 100% Muslim country. At most they get away with a quasi sharia, where Islam is the state religion, and apostasy and secularism are guarded against. But that's in the Muslim world. The notion that they could somehow take over freaking Michigan is ridiculous.

They are dangerous though. To the Muslim world. And to secular Muslims, and apostates. (Not to mention Women) Not to the West.

Actually, my favorite cage-rattling tactic when confronted by conservatives who insist that we're going to see Sha'ria Law enacted in America is something like this:

"You know, if we sent the Equal Rights Amendment back to the States for ratification and got it through this time, there'd be no way Sha'ria Law could ever be enacted - it would be unconstitutional!"

I always love watching the little wisps of steam escape from their ears when I say that.
"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Islamophobia in America: "One nation under God, not Alla

Postby Alien Space Bats » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Helertia wrote:In all fairness, they could probably take over Michigan relatively easily. It's not like anyone else wants it, after all.

No way.

They'd have to deal with Ted Nugent, who could bitch-slap Chuck Norris until he cried like a baby. Ted would whip them all single-handedly - as long as it was his gun hand.
"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

Qatarab
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qatarab » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:03 pm

EnragedMaldivians wrote:
The Communists actually were a threat. Mcarthysim was over the top, but it is proven that there were Soviet infiltrators working in the state department, and that espionage is how the Soviets got their own A-bomb. If anyone wants me to source that I will, but I am assuming this is common knowledge.

Equating the failure that is political Islam to Communism is misleading. Communism had more than a modicum of popular support among leftists at the height of Soviet power. Political Islam, especially extremism, has enough trouble winning over Muslims.

If anything terrorists (at least the elite masterminds) are worried about the appeal of American secular culture among Muslim youth, and they deliberately try to create a climate of fear by which they can get the West to go overboard with their responses and rhetoric, and lose their moral credibility and appeal among Muslims. They want western interventionism, because they want to be able to narrate it as a Crusade.

As far as that specific goal goes, they've made a significant advance as we are seeing. But when it comes to offering their own political vision of how Muslim societies should look like, they are very unpopular.

In essence this is not a war between Muslims and non Muslims in my view, it's an intra-faith ideological war between moderates and extremists. That the west has security and economic interests in the Middle Eastern region, and that the reformists espouse Western liberalist views is what brings the West under the cross-hairs of this extremist fringe, who unfortunately are not as stupid as everyone wants to pretend they are.

I bet placing boxes of confetti all over major cities then calling authorities claiming you've seen suspicious packages would probably cause massive frenzy in the US and all without a signal need of even a fire cracker(unless you want a bigger pop when the box is opened,to spread confetti all over the place).
Factbook
Neo Arcad wrote:

HomeLand Safety
Envoy

Founded: Jan 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby HomeLand Safety » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:03 pm

I have a problem with them building a mosque near the twin towers...its spitting on the souls who died that day...other then that I don't care
Offensive Lineman at Avila University (Football), 2nd Team All State Football MO, All Conference Offensive Lineman, 6'3" 285 lbs
Proud Right Wing Thinker and Furry (Weird combo in my eyes)
Rio from HTH=Win
Economic Left/Right: 5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.28
http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconomy.php?nation=Homeland+Safety

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
-Erwin Rommel
"Better to die fighting for something then live for nothing"
-George Patton

DEFCON-1
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby DEFCON-1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Communists, Japanese, Nazis, Southerners, and Brits were all a threat to the US at one point. If you deny that certain Islamic groups and nations are a threat to the US, you have your head in the sand.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:31 pm

DEFCON-1 wrote:

Communists, Japanese, Nazis, Southerners, and Brits were all a threat to the US at one point. If you deny that certain Islamic groups and nations are a threat to the US, you have your head in the sand.

Communists, Japanese, Nazis, Southerners and Brits were all organized around a nation that had the clear military capacity and other resources to threaten the US. Now, is there an organized Islamic nation that had either of their capacities out there?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Maxedon
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Maxedon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:33 pm

So it's wrong to protest Muslims but it's right to protest dead soldier funerals?
Conservatives FTW!
HomeLand Safety wrote:Fuck all of you your all a bunch of fucking liberal hippies, you think that the nation should be tolerant of it...well there is a certain point when things should be fucking controlled...Ground Zero is a place where people lost there lives..to a twisted Muslim who wont leave us the fuck alone...they think its a fucking holy war killing innocent civilians...blowing up the nation who is trying to help them...So yes its "One Nation Under God, Not Allah" So fuck you and your damn liberal views...
Join the Global Powers!DEFCON:1 [TOTAL WAR]
I am t3h aw3s0m3z
Join the Antican Alliance!
Conservatives Are Awesome. Just Believe it. So are Republicans. And Bush.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:33 pm

HomeLand Safety wrote:I have a problem with them building a mosque near the twin towers...its spitting on the souls who died that day...other then that I don't care

They weren't and it isn't.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Kari-Kazzir
Attaché

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kari-Kazzir » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:34 pm

The U.S. is one of the closest allies to Israel. Is this surprising?
If you ask me, more people are coming to accept Muslims.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Maxedon wrote:So it's wrong to protest Muslims but it's right to protest dead soldier funerals?

Has anyone said anything positive about the WBC other than that they have a constitutional right to say whatever they want? Just because they can do it doesn't mean they should, or that they aren't hateful assholes.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

GBeckastania
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby GBeckastania » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm personally a Christian and a Republican, and even I'm appalled by this. Honestly, people need to learn to accept others religions, or we'll all end up dead.
The Government of GBECKESTANIA
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DEFCON-1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DEFCON-1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Gauthier wrote:
DEFCON-1 wrote: Communists, Japanese, Nazis, Southerners, and Brits were all a threat to the US at one point. If you deny that certain Islamic groups and nations are a threat to the US, you have your head in the sand.

Communists, Japanese, Nazis, Southerners and Brits were all organized around a nation that had the clear military capacity and other resources to threaten the US. Now, is there an organized Islamic nation that had either of their capacities out there?

Yes, there are. There are also non-state groups. Don't confuse "threaten" with "conquer and occupy."

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:48 pm

DEFCON-1 wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Yes, there are. There are also non-state groups. Don't confuse "threaten" with "conquer and occupy."

Please name the specific Islamic states or groups that could threaten the U.S. just as much as the Communists, Japanese, Nazis, Southerners and Brits were able to.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

DEFCON-1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DEFCON-1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Gauthier wrote:
DEFCON-1 wrote:

Please name the specific Islamic states or groups that could threaten the U.S. just as much as the Communists, Japanese, Nazis, Southerners and Brits were able to.

I'd love for you to point out to me where I said there were on the same level, or type of threat.

Off the top of my head, Iran is the biggest threat. It works against US interests in the region and supplies our enemies in Iraq, and if it develops nuclear weapons, will be able to threaten our allies in the Middle East, Asia and Europe.

Most of the threat comes from smaller groups, however- In the last 10 years, you've had major attacks in Britain, Spain, the US, India, Israel, Russia, and Jordan- most of whom are US allies. You can take this pretty far back, like Muslims killing the Israeli olympic team, blowing up US embassays, the USS Cole Bombings, the first WTC bombing,and bombing the US Marine Barracks in Beirut. It isn't like they're just going to stop.
Last edited by DEFCON-1 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bengera
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengera » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:03 pm

Islam is an extension of Christianity and Judaism. Muslims hold the Torah and the Gospels of Yeshua Hamashiach sacred, so why aren't most Christians befriending our Muslim brothers? Why aren't we praising them for their beliefs?
Last edited by Bengera on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Overseas Territories:
Bengerian Peace For Men:
Baltic Islands "de facto"
Fredrick Region

Miklesia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Miklesia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Bengera wrote:Islam is an extension of Christianity and Judaism. Muslims hold the Torah and the Gospels of Yeshua Hamashiach sacred, so why aren't most Christians befriending our Muslim brothers? Why aren't we praising them for their beliefs?

Because they have committed an unforgiveable offense.

...They're different.
The Floridian Coast wrote:My chances, as an American, of being killed by an act of Islamic terrorism, or personally knowing someone who is, are very, very small. On the other hand, my chances as an American of having a Christian in power depriving me or others who I care for of their liberty are very, very high. I'm more concerned about radical Christianity than radical Islam, even though the second is much more violent.

Quelesh
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Quelesh » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:22 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:They're sort of like your average high school 'Wiccan' in a way. Only instead of pretending to know 'magick' and wearing black all the time, they shout about Muslims and presumably drive minivans.

What's the difference between high school Wiccans and high school Christians?

What's the difference between high school Wiccans and Wiccans who are not in high school?

Sierra Lobo wrote:but I am having difficulty on how to get an english translated Qu'ran

http://www.amazon.com/Quran-Oxford-Worl ... 199535957/
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am." - Samuel Johnson

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Political Compass | Economic Left/Right: -7.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

Lonelyloner
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lonelyloner » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Bengera wrote:Islam is an extension of Christianity and Judaism. Muslims hold the Torah and the Gospels of Yeshua Hamashiach sacred, so why aren't most Christians befriending our Muslim brothers? Why aren't we praising them for their beliefs?

Because there's instructions in their Qu'ran to antagonize / kill Jews and Christians.
alisina.org is quite informative about this.

Qatarab
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qatarab » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 pm

DEFCON-1 wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

I'd love for you to point out to me where I said there were on the same level, or type of threat.

Off the top of my head, Iran is the biggest threat. It works against US interests in the region and supplies our enemies in Iraq, and if it develops nuclear weapons, will be able to threaten our allies in the Middle East, Asia and Europe.

Most of the threat comes from smaller groups, however- In the last 10 years, you've had major attacks in Britain, Spain, the US, India, Israel, Russia, and Jordan- most of whom are US allies. You can take this pretty far back, like Muslims killing the Israeli olympic team, blowing up US embassays, the USS Cole Bombings, the first WTC bombing,and bombing the US Marine Barracks in Beirut. It isn't like they're just going to stop.

All due to the presence of foreign troops in their lands. You really think Iranians would like the US especially when the US implanted a puppet shah to be their leader. So much for democracy there eh? "We must spread and protect democracy by forcefully placing a leader of our choice even if it is against the populations opinions"
Factbook
Neo Arcad wrote:

Brewdomia
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brewdomia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Because they blow up children in the 21st Century.

Bengera
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengera » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Lonelyloner wrote:

Because there's instructions in their Qu'ran to antagonize / kill Jews and Christians.
alisina.org is quite informative about this.

And? What about the Christians who raped and pillaged the Hold Land, enslaved Muslims, and held people at gunpoint, forcing them to become Christians?
Overseas Territories:
Bengerian Peace For Men:
Baltic Islands "de facto"
Fredrick Region

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General