NATION

PASSWORD

Should we vote for women because they're women?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we vote for women for existing?

Yes
9%
No
83%
As a male, I'm ready to be subservient to the superior gender
8%

Total votes : 264

Irenton
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Irenton » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:53 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Irenton wrote:SJWs: "Hey lets just be politically correct."

Far-Right: "Hey lets genocide."

SJWs are a problem, that I grant you, but the Far-Right are more of a concern to us.

Nice deflection, m8.

I know, your shot just bounced straight back into your eyes.
Proud Yeagerist
=|= Overhaul in progress, pardon the dust of the Emperor's labourers =|=

I support the abolition of Poland. #HatFilmsto1Million
Hey, I go by she/they, thanks in advance smileyface

Proud Satellite government of Glorious Eodor and well-known for being the most based NS user

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:53 am

Eternal Lotharia wrote:I support women candidates-Warren BABY!-but, this idea is dumb and bad policy.

The Democrats aren't going to win with Elizabeth Warren, I hope she's the nominee. Donald Trump will run circles around Pocahontas. He knows this. He's counting on her to be his opposition. She'd be going down as hard as Hillary Clinton.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:54 am

Saiwania wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:I support women candidates-Warren BABY!-but, this idea is dumb and bad policy.

The Democrats aren't going to win with Elizabeth Warren, I hope she's the nominee. Donald Trump will run circles around Pocahontas. He knows this. He's counting on her to be his opposition. She'd be going down as hard as Hillary Clinton.

It's almost like the American population is misogynist in this sphere.
Also, didn't you vote for Hillary? I could've sworn I remembered you saying that.
Last edited by Cekoviu on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Irenton
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Irenton » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:55 am

Galloism wrote:
Irenton wrote:SJWs: "Hey lets just be politically correct."

Far-Right: "Hey lets genocide."

SJWs are a problem, that I grant you, but the Far-Right are more of a concern to us.

This is not an accurate depiction of the problem.

In what way? I'm not going to write a pair of essays on the ideas of "SJWs" and Fascists
Proud Yeagerist

Proud Satellite government of Glorious Eodor and well-known for being the most based NS user

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:56 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Saiwania wrote:

It's almost like the American population is misogynist in this sphere.
Also, didn't you vote for Hillary? I could've sworn I remembered you saying that.

Ueah, "misogyny" is the reason Warren is a hopeless candidate. ;)
Insert trite farewell here

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:56 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Diopolis wrote:No. If anything we should vote against women because they’re women and should be in the private sphere.

Maximum oofage.

Nice to see you back, by the way.

Thank you.
I’m not consistent with my view- in the race between a pro-life woman and a pro-choice man i’d Vote for the woman, and in general elections I usually hit strait R anyways. But I’d be more likely to embrace it than women getting extra points for being women.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:57 am

Irenton wrote:
Galloism wrote:This is not an accurate depiction of the problem.

In what way? I'm not going to write a pair of essays on the ideas of "SJWs" and Fascists

SJWs:

We should discriminate freely against anyone who we believe has been historically privileged, and they would just suck it up and deal with racism or sexism because we're doing it for the "oppressed class".

Far-Right:

Quit that shit. Also, let's get rid of all the muslims and hispanic people because that will solve all our problems.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:57 am

One's genitals are not political credentials.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:59 am

Cekoviu wrote:Also, didn't you vote for Hillary? I could've sworn I remembered you saying that.

Its a big regret. I couldn't appreciate how good Trump could be. I'd say I'm a rare example of someone going from Never Trump to embracing Trump fully.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Irenton
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Irenton » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:59 am

Galloism wrote:
Irenton wrote:In what way? I'm not going to write a pair of essays on the ideas of "SJWs" and Fascists

SJWs:

We should discriminate freely against anyone who we believe has been historically privileged, and they would just suck it up and deal with racism or sexism because we're doing it for the "oppressed class".

Far-Right:

Quit that shit. Also, let's get rid of all the muslims and hispanic people, Jews, Blacks, non-whites and implement a program of eugenics, genocide and institutionalised discrimination in our white only ethnostate because that will solve all our problems.

You missed a bit, comrade, so I fixed it for you smileyface
Proud Yeagerist

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:59 am

Scomagia wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:It's almost like the American population is misogynist in this sphere.

Ueah, "misogyny" is the reason Warren is a hopeless candidate. ;)

How do you pronounce that?
And yes, a lot of it is. She has essentially the same policies as Bernie Sanders, a similar (if less extreme) personality, and is younger, yet Bernie is considered a strong candidate by many. The only thing working against her is a years-old "scandal" that a shitload of regular Americans have done and her gender.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Galloism wrote:
Irenton wrote:In what way? I'm not going to write a pair of essays on the ideas of "SJWs" and Fascists

SJWs:

Far-Right:

Quit that shit. Also, let's get rid of all the muslims and hispanic people because that will solve all our problems.

Very accurate depictions, yes. This doesn't lack nuance or accuracy at all, and it definitely isn't designed to apply to one specific country.
Saiwania wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Also, didn't you vote for Hillary? I could've sworn I remembered you saying that.

Its a big regret. I couldn't appreciate how good Trump could be. I'd say I'm a rare example of someone going from Never Trump to embracing Trump fully.

Excuse me while I vomit.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Cekoviu wrote:How do you pronounce that?
And yes, a lot of it is. She has essentially the same policies as Bernie Sanders, a similar (if less extreme) personality, and is younger, yet Bernie is considered a strong candidate by many. The only thing working against her is a years-old "scandal" that a shitload of regular Americans have done and her gender.

There is plenty of reason to be wary of Warren being chosen however. She has a somewhat higher potential to be a boring candidate that won't do well. It'll be like the John Kerry campaign if she isn't careful. Trump has plenty of ammo and tricks he could use against her that might just work.
Sith Acolyte

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Fuck no.
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:01 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Have you not heard the word of the superior gender?

The superior gender is agender robots.

Like im a big fan of women, but they got nothing on agender robots.

I fully concur! ~Leader Megatron
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:02 pm

Saiwania wrote:

He is a deluded nonsensical fuckwit who threw a temper tantrum and cancelled a visit to Denmark because they wouldnt sell him Greenland.

And that was just recently, he is a fucking shitstain of a president.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Irenton
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Irenton » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:02 pm

Saiwania wrote:

I went the same, he's the perfect accelerationist candidate and he's messed up his country so badly that the revolution is inevitable
Proud Yeagerist

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:03 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Scomagia wrote:Ueah, "misogyny" is the reason Warren is a hopeless candidate. ;)

How do you pronounce that?

Her lack of support is not due to sexism. Some leftists don't view her to be as principled as Bernie.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:03 pm

Saiwania wrote:

There is plenty of reason to be wary of Warren being chosen however. She has a somewhat higher potential to be a boring candidate that won't do well. It'll be like the John Kerry campaign if she isn't careful. Trump has plenty of ammo and tricks he could use against her that might just work.

Warren is passionate and energetic. She is only considered boring because she's an old lady, not because of her actual actions and words (which heavily contradict that).

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:03 pm

Voting just because of the gender? Nope. We've to vote according to our conscience in regards to the issues that are brought upon by the candidates and their political stance on them.

Qara-Tumen Khanate
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Qara-Tumen Khanate » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:03 pm

No, policy not gender should determine one's vote. More women should be in office, obviously, but a candidate is an individual and must be judged on the merit of their beliefs, plans, and history.
We have no friend but our shadow || We have no whip but our horse’s tail
Overview | Leader | Military | Legislature
NS stats for this nation are not representative of reality.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 pm

If we accept that it's okay to vote for someone solely based on their race, ethnicity, religion, or gender, then I don't want to hear anyone complain when I say I will only vote for white, English-speaking Protestant men with 5+ generation roots in the Northern United States.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:

Her lack of support is not due to sexism. Some leftists don't view her to be as principled as Bernie.

Leftists are not a significant enough group in this country to matter.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:This is radical centrism at its finest.

Oh fucking please get over yourself, im not a radical centrist but hey whatever.

It's a joke. I wasn't attacking you. Lighten up.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:05 pm

Not as the sole reason, no. If they offer key policies that I agree with, or if they're the most viable choice against someone else (what with FPTP being the order of the day), I'm willing to support them.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General