NATION

PASSWORD

Islamic Discussion Thread ٣

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What Denomination are You?

Sunni
28%
Sunni (Sufi)
7%
Sunni (Salafi)
6%
Ithna'ashari/Twelver Shi'a
6%
Other Shi'a
3%
Ibadi
3%
Ahmadiyya
2%
Qur'anist
4%
Nondenominational
11%
Other
31%

Total votes : 470

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:12 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:NO

I'm curious, on what basis do you dispute this fact?

Because it's not a fact. It's disputed.
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:12 am

I like your flag, Bhikkustan
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:28 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:I'm curious, on what basis do you dispute this fact?

Because it's not a fact. It's disputed.

Disputed how? A clear majority of Muslims firmly believe the age of Aisha at consummation with Muhammed was 9. Such is why Muslims allow their daughters to be married off at that age.
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:36 am

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:11 am

Please reread my statement again, I EXPLICITELY stated: clear MAJORITY. i.e. Not quote end quote 'every Muslim'.

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:25 am

Please reread my statement again, I EXPLICITELY stated: clear MAJORITY. i.e. Not quote end quote 'every Muslim'.

True. Also, this happens in cultures that do child marriages. Also, in Al-Islam, there has to be consent from both parties, and the families can't force anyone to get married.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:30 am

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:59 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Please reread my statement again, I EXPLICITELY stated: clear MAJORITY. i.e. Not quote end quote 'every Muslim'.

True. Also, this happens in cultures that do child marriages. Also, in Al-Islam, there has to be consent from both parties, and the families can't force anyone to get married.

Well if we were in the Middle Ages I would agree with you, however it is a known fact that Islam for women has throughout the centuries become regressive as opposed to progressive. A well known example was the fact that in the 7th century, muslim women served as mosque deacons, while in the modern day there is a clear segregation in many mosques. Also the very face and symbol of Islam, Saudi Arabia, keeper and protector of Muhammed's holiest of cities, don't even allow their women to drive without express Government permission and enforce a strict dress code.
Let's also focus on the fact that 9 year old girls can't think independently yet, so of-course if their parents want it, she has no choice on the matter of marriage.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:21 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:True. Also, this happens in cultures that do child marriages. Also, in Al-Islam, there has to be consent from both parties, and the families can't force anyone to get married.

Well if we were in the Middle Ages I would agree with you, however it is a known fact that Islam for women has throughout the centuries become regressive as opposed to progressive. A well known example was the fact that in the 7th century, muslim women served as mosque deacons, while in the modern day there is a clear segregation in many mosques. Also the very face and symbol of Islam, Saudi Arabia, keeper and protector of Muhammed's holiest of cities, don't even allow their women to drive without express Government permission and enforce a strict dress code.
Let's also focus on the fact that 9 year old girls can't think independently yet, so of-course if their parents want it, she has no choice on the matter of marriage.

Al-Islam stays the same for centuries, it's Muslims that change, don;t get the 2 mixed up. And why do you look to one corrupt country to define Al-Islam instead of reading the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah for Al-Islam? And like I said before, Aisha (RA) might not have been 9.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:34 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Well if we were in the Middle Ages I would agree with you, however it is a known fact that Islam for women has throughout the centuries become regressive as opposed to progressive. A well known example was the fact that in the 7th century, muslim women served as mosque deacons, while in the modern day there is a clear segregation in many mosques. Also the very face and symbol of Islam, Saudi Arabia, keeper and protector of Muhammed's holiest of cities, don't even allow their women to drive without express Government permission and enforce a strict dress code.

Al-Islam stays the same for centuries, it's Muslims that change, don;t get the 2 mixed up. And why do you look to one corrupt country to define Al-Islam instead of reading the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah for Al-Islam? And like I said before, Aisha (RA) might not have been 9.

I understand that it's the Muslims that change, at the end of the day, there is a reason why Islam became so large so rapidly outside of the Islamic Conquests, and that was because it was extremely tolerant for Middle Ages standards, what with the implementation of the Dhimmi system.
Because that country is the birth place of the Qur'an, where the Qur'an is practiced to the letter in accordance with its commandments for Sharia.
And again, let me restate, most Muslims believe she was 9, the range for the age even goes down to 6 in some areas, but generally 9 is accepted.

Hazestan
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hazestan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:47 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:Al-Islam stays the same for centuries, it's Muslims that change, don;t get the 2 mixed up. And why do you look to one corrupt country to define Al-Islam instead of reading the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah for Al-Islam? And like I said before, Aisha (RA) might not have been 9.

I understand that it's the Muslims that change, at the end of the day, there is a reason why Islam became so large so rapidly outside of the Islamic Conquests, and that was because it was extremely tolerant for Middle Ages standards, what with the implementation of the Dhimmi system.
Because that country is the birth place of the Qur'an, where the Qur'an is practiced to the letter in accordance with its commandments for Sharia.
And again, let me restate, most Muslims believe she was 9, the range for the age even goes down to 6 in some areas, but generally 9 is accepted.

But believing does not imply of approving.
Shit tests for president 2020
I stand with Standing Rock | ENFP
Answer to life
The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:52 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:Al-Islam stays the same for centuries, it's Muslims that change, don;t get the 2 mixed up. And why do you look to one corrupt country to define Al-Islam instead of reading the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah for Al-Islam? And like I said before, Aisha (RA) might not have been 9.

So you don't read what Allah (SWT) says, you read what SA says? And so what if most Muslims believe she was 9? Does that make them right just because they're the majority? And again, do you hear what Muslims say, or what Allah (SWT) says?
Last edited by Kubumba Tribe on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:29 am

Hazestan wrote:

But believing does not imply of approving.

What do you mean?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:35 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:

So you don't read what Allah (SWT) says, you read what SA says? And so what if most Muslims believe she was 9? Does that make them right just because they're the majority? And again, do you hear what Muslims say, or what Allah (SWT) says?

On the contrary, isn't SA following the will of Allah, I mean surely if they weren't, they would have no right to be the safekeepers of Mecca and Medinah.
Well, in the eyes of the majority of Muslims yes, in the eyes of secularists obviously not, for it's illegal, but the fact is, the majority believe this to be right and practice it as such. I mean the same argument can be applied to Islam, a majority of the World believes that Islam has the right to be practiced freely, but obviously there are minority groups who want to eradicate Islam, does this, by your argument, mean that the majority of the World is wrong?
As for listening to Allah, Allah is best heard from the voices of his people, the Muslims, who do his will on Earth, so obviously in order to listen to Allah, one must listen to a Muslim, for it is expected of a Muslim to understand the words of Allah from the Qur'an.

Hazestan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Hazestan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:39 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:So you don't read what Allah (SWT) says, you read what SA says? And so what if most Muslims believe she was 9? Does that make them right just because they're the majority? And again, do you hear what Muslims say, or what Allah (SWT) says?

On the contrary, isn't SA following the will of Allah, I mean surely if they weren't, they would have no right to be the safekeepers of Mecca and Medinah.
Well, in the eyes of the majority of Muslims yes, in the eyes of secularists obviously not, for it's illegal, but the fact is, the majority believe this to be right and practice it as such. I mean the same argument can be applied to Islam, a majority of the World believes that Islam has the right to be practiced freely, but obviously there are minority groups who want to eradicate Islam, does this, by your argument, mean that the majority of the World is wrong?
As for listening to Allah, Allah is best heard from the voices of his people, the Muslims, who do his will on Earth, so obviously in order to listen to Allah, one must listen to a Muslim, for it is expected of a Muslim to understand the words of Allah from the Qur'an.

No, following SA is not following the will of Allah swt. That's Wahhabist thought. There is no legitimate reason to follow a government purely on the fact that they hold Mekkah and Medinah.
Furthermore, some Iranian scholars argue that Aisha's real age was 19. Some even say 21. I find it lowkey however, to argue about this and not the essence of Islam. One must keep the dynamic of culture and time in relevation with a certain historical event. Ie Aisha's marriage, if she was 9, was maybe normal in that time and culture. However, there is no rule of law from God to marry nine year old girls.
Answer to life
The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:57 am

Hazestan wrote:

No, following SA is not following the will of Allah swt. That's Wahhabist thought. There is no legitimate reason to follow a government purely on the fact that they hold Mekkah and Medinah.
Furthermore, some Iranian scholars argue that Aisha's real age was 19. Some even say 21. I find it lowkey however, to argue about this and not the essence of Islam. One must keep the dynamic of culture and time in relevation with a certain historical event. Ie Aisha's marriage, if she was 9, was maybe normal in that time and culture. However, there is no rule of law from God to marry nine year old girls.

This is something that some non-Muslims don't understand. You don't learn about Al-Islam from any layman Muslim, you learn by those who've done their homework, and even better would be to read the Holy Qur'an.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:59 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Well, in the eyes of the majority of Muslims yes

Says who? You've given no proof that majority believes SA is on the Haqq. Nor about us believing that Aisha was 9
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Hazestan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Hazestan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:01 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Hazestan wrote:No, following SA is not following the will of Allah swt. That's Wahhabist thought. There is no legitimate reason to follow a government purely on the fact that they hold Mekkah and Medinah.

This is something that some non-Muslims don't understand. You don't learn about Al-Islam from any layman Muslim, you learn by those who've done their homework, and even better would be to read the Holy Qur'an.

Well, if I would like to know about Christianity I would
A) Read the Church documents about certain things (for Roman Catholicism)
B) Read the Holy scriptures
C) Ask Roman Catholic clergy

I wouldn't trust a random believer with encompassing all believe.
Answer to life

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:05 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Well, in the eyes of the majority of Muslims yes

Says who? You've given no proof that majority believes SA is on the Haqq. Nor about us believing that Aisha was 9

I never said anything about SA being believed by the majority to be on the Haqq, please reread my statement, in fact, quote it to understand what I said.

As for Aisha: I do not need to provide you with evidence on the matter of Muslim's belief of her age, as this is common knowledge ad infinitum, that most Muslims believe she was 9, and an even greater total percentage if we were to use the 6 to 14 range, which would still make the Prophet by definition of secular laws a 'pedophile'.
And if you're not satisfied with my explanation on how this could be a bad thing, let's look at the social effects this has had on the Islamic female community for the past 1,000 years. Women are oppressed, forced to abide by a dress code, don't have the freedom to even drive in the holiest cities in all of Islam, and are subject to greater abuse than their male counterparts in the form of quote end quote 'honor killings'.

Mahdistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahdistan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:09 pm

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Also the very face and symbol of Islam, Saudi Arabia

Wat

I know very few Muslims who support the government of Saudi Arabia. I'm sure there are a few, but they are definitely not the majority. Not only is the Salafist ideology they follow one of the most hated groups among Muslims, but even many fellow Salafists hate the Saudi government for their friendliness to the west; Al-Qaeda was formed because many Salafists were angry that they allowed the U.S. to station troops there (among many other reasons, of course).
Last edited by Mahdistan on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quranist, Pan-Islamist Muslim
Syndicalist, Councilist, Environmentalist, and Regionalist! Gay and proud!
Pro- East Jerusalem and pre-1967 borders for Palestine, Hamas, Novorossiya, Gaddafism, Ansarullah (Houthis), Hezbollah, Putin, Xi Jinping, Rouhani, Assad, Maduro, Corbyn, and Bernie Sanders
Anti- Israel/Zionism, Euromaiden Ukraine, Neoliberalism, Saudi Arabia, Daesh, Al-Qaeda, Trump, Macron, Theresa May, and anyone involved in peddling the "Russiagate" theory
Mahdistan; An Overview
All credit for the flag to Slovenya
Factbooks>NS stats, but stats form a reference point

Mahdistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahdistan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:19 pm

The Saudi kings and princes are known be be avid drinkers and adulterers. They believe Shariah does not apply to them- which is against Shariah. There are many other example of Saudi Arabia's failures to enforce holy law in Arabia.

And that the majority of Muslims believe that Aisha was 9 is irrelevant; evidence clearly points to her having been in her teens, and evidence is more important than opinions. Pedophilia is in reference to a child who has not entered puberty. 13-16, especially at that time due to shorter life-spans, would mean that puberty undoubtedly would have already have occured- thus, no, the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was not a pedophile.
Pro- East Jerusalem and pre-1967 borders for Palestine, Hamas, Novorossiya, Gaddafism, Ansarullah (Houthis), Hezbollah, Putin, Xi Jinping, Rouhani, Assad, Maduro, Corbyn, and Bernie Sanders
Anti- Israel/Zionism, Euromaiden Ukraine, Neoliberalism, Saudi Arabia, Daesh, Al-Qaeda, Trump, Macron, Theresa May, and anyone involved in peddling the "Russiagate" theory
Mahdistan; An Overview

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:20 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Hazestan wrote:No, following SA is not following the will of Allah swt. That's Wahhabist thought. There is no legitimate reason to follow a government purely on the fact that they hold Mekkah and Medinah.

The thing is though, as a non-Muslim, (and a Protestant Christian at that) I wouldn't want to read a book that is reputable for inspiring famous modern day terrorist attacks ranging from 9/11 to the recent Paris Terror Attacks.
You might say, that's unfair and Unislamic, to which I say yes that's true, but the thing is, it's also not. Considering the fact that Muslims believe that the Qur'an is LITERALLY Allah's words, you have to follow everything by the letter, and there are passages in there stating what to do to your enemies, which you'll probably claim that those are for self defence, but the thing is, the West is seen by many Muslims in the Middle East as something to defend against, as such technically, in accordance with the belief of the Muslims who committed 9/11, what they did was 'Islamic' as they were defending Islam from their so called enemy as instructed of them by the Qur'an.
Last edited by The Republic of Pantalleria on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Mahdistan wrote:

The Saudi kings and princes are known be be avid drinkers and adulterers. They believe Shariah does not apply to them- which is against Shariah. There are many other example of Saudi Arabia's failures to enforce holy law in Arabia.

And that the majority of Muslims believe that Aisha was 9 is irrelevant; evidence clearly points to her having been in her teens, and evidence is more important than opinions. Pedophilia is in reference to a child who has not entered puberty. 13-16, especially at that time due to shorter life-spans, would mean that puberty undoubtedly would have already have occured- thus, no, the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was not a pedophile.

You do realise that secular Law states you're not a legal adult till 18 right? Thus legally speaking, Muhammed was a pedophile.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Mahdistan wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Also the very face and symbol of Islam, Saudi Arabia

Wat

I know very few Muslims who support the government of Saudi Arabia. I'm sure there are a few, but they are definitely not the majority. Not only is the Salafist ideology they follow one of the most hated groups among Muslims, but even many fellow Salafists hate the Saudi government for their friendliness to the west; Al-Qaeda was formed because many Salafists were angry that they allowed the U.S. to station troops there (among many other reasons, of course).

So are you saying, that 'true Muslims' hate America?

Mahdistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahdistan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:So you don't read what Allah (SWT) says, you read what SA says? And so what if most Muslims believe she was 9? Does that make them right just because they're the majority? And again, do you hear what Muslims say, or what Allah (SWT) says?

They really don't.

This is a very strange argument you have here- we say the majority of Muslims are likely wrong about the age of Aisha because we have evidence. Anti-Muslims have consistently failed to provide evidence on why Islam must be destroyed, besides repeating the same easily-disprovable arguments and treating them like fact.

And the Quran, by our beliefs, is the literal word of God. If you want to know the literal word of God, read the Quran, don't ask some guy who says he's Muslim, and then believe everything he says. God doesn't want mindless drones obeying their peers; He wants intelligent, thinking men and women who can justify their worship by the gifts He has provided them- the holy Quran and the Sunnah of his Prophet.
Mahdistan; An Overview

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General