NATION

PASSWORD

Islamic Discussion Thread ٣

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What Denomination are You?

Sunni
28%
Sunni (Sufi)
7%
Sunni (Salafi)
6%
Ithna'ashari/Twelver Shi'a
6%
Other Shi'a
3%
Ibadi
3%
Ahmadiyya
2%
Qur'anist
4%
Nondenominational
11%
Other
31%

Total votes : 470

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Alsheb wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Eeeh, I disagree with this. I do think they choose to be homosexual. Everyone is born pure, submitting to Allah. It's their environment and those around that bring them closer to or further away from the Haqq.

If this were the case, than homosexuality could be reversed. It can't. In Western psychology, homosexual aversion therapy existed for centuries, often in the shape of electroshock therapy to induce aversion to homosexuality in gays and "convert" them to heterosexuality. It has never worked, and only succeeded in creating mental illness in the subjects and regularly resulting in death.

So no, it is not something that has been taught. Homosexuals are born with a natural attraction to the same sex and a sexual aversion to the other sex.

Yeah but that doesn't make it okay.

Basically every young person is born with a natural aversion to committed relationships and really wants to commit zina with every woman they see. You know how teenagers are.
But just because this is natural does not mean it's a good thing.
The Sons and Daughters of Jochi Ride Out Again!
For The Khan! For The State! For Faith and For Heritage!
Muslim and Tengrist Clerical Fascist State. Not my rl views.

Just Call Me Joch.
Jochistan reincarnated. Destroyed for my sins at 9300+ Posts.
See Space, You Cowboy

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Alsheb wrote:
If this were the case, than homosexuality could be reversed. It can't. In Western psychology, homosexual aversion therapy existed for centuries, often in the shape of electroshock therapy to induce aversion to homosexuality in gays and "convert" them to heterosexuality. It has never worked, and only succeeded in creating mental illness in the subjects and regularly resulting in death.

So no, it is not something that has been taught. Homosexuals are born with a natural attraction to the same sex and a sexual aversion to the other sex.

Basically every young person is born with a natural aversion to committed relationships and really wants to commit zina with every woman they see. You know how teenagers are.

You just remided of a friend that wants to commit that to her boyfriend. She's not Muslim, but still, I advised her not to do that.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Ghuraba Al-Khorusani
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghuraba Al-Khorusani » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:23 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Alsheb wrote:

Well said
Just Muslim
Wonderful sites 4 Islamic knowladge

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:28 pm

Alsheb wrote:So, an Islamic theological question that I find highly intriguing:

What is your opinion about the ijtihad versus taqlid discussion, what I would dare to call one of the most important debates in the Ummah of the last few centuries?

Taqlid is just what's fard. A Muslim must choose a Madhab. Choose a Tariqat and keep close the the mashrab of learned Sheikhs.

Interpretation should be reserved for people who had the correct training. People who have spent years committed to learning the language of the Qur'an, Studying the Sunna, Studying the works of the Ulema, before they become an authority on Islam.
There really does have to be a standard to who gets to be a Sheikh and breaking up that standard has led to atrocity after atrocity.

Christianity has had this problem before. With certain Protestants denouncing the Church and applying a "common mans" reading of the Scripture. And this is very dangerous when applied to Islam. Particularly in these times of revolutionary belief systems.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Not that I'm saying that there aren't and have never been valid reasons to oppose Sufi Sheikhs and Corruption in the Ulema.

I'm not that extreme. I'm not like a Barelvi or anything. lol.

But the doctrine of Taqlid still has to be upheld. The Ulema and the Tariqat have to be there because if they aren't the structure of Islam is lost and you have a bunch of Fundamentalists and Radicals running wild. Which is happening now.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:33 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:Not that I'm saying that there aren't and have never been valid reasons to oppose Sufi Sheikhs and Corruption in the Ulema.

But the doctrine of Taqlid still has to be upheld. The Ulema and the Tariqat have to be there because if they aren't the structure of Islam is lost and you have a bunch of Fundamentalists and Radicals running wild. Which is happening now.

Points made, points made. I have that problem, being rebellious against Ulama. Which has led to some arguments in my family.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:45 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Not that I'm saying that there aren't and have never been valid reasons to oppose Sufi Sheikhs and Corruption in the Ulema.

Points made, points made. I have that problem, being rebellious against Ulama. Which has led to some arguments in my family.

Why rebellious?
Last edited by Jochizyd Republic on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Points made, points made. I have that problem, being rebellious against Ulama. Which has led to some arguments in my family.

On what issues?

Well it can go from topic to topic. I thought Muslim men coudln't clap; upon further reading the ahadeeth that spoke on that were about prayer. Pictures, that wasn't really an argument, but my mom thinks there's a midway to what the hadith speaks of. And hijab. My family thinks hijab is optional.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Points made, points made. I have that problem, being rebellious against Ulama. Which has led to some arguments in my family.

Why rebellious?

Because the Ulama are Humans, not gods. But that doesn't mean I should try to interpret stuff on my own.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Ghuraba Al-Khorusani
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghuraba Al-Khorusani » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:54 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:On what issues?

Well it can go from topic to topic. I thought Muslim men coudln't clap; upon further reading the ahadeeth that spoke on that were about prayer. Pictures, that wasn't really an argument, but my mom thinks there's a midway to what the hadith speaks of. And hijab. My family thinks hijab is optional.

What does clapping have to do with prayer?
Just Muslim

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Ghuraba Al-Khorusani wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Well it can go from topic to topic. I thought Muslim men coudln't clap; upon further reading the ahadeeth that spoke on that were about prayer. Pictures, that wasn't really an argument, but my mom thinks there's a midway to what the hadith speaks of. And hijab. My family thinks hijab is optional.

What does clapping have to do with prayer?

https://sunnah.com/search/?q=clap
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Ghuraba Al-Khorusani
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghuraba Al-Khorusani » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:00 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Ghuraba Al-Khorusani wrote:What does clapping have to do with prayer?

What does this have to do with Salah?
Just Muslim

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:02 pm

What does this have to do with Salah?

Did you read them? I asssumed that since they were in the ahadeeth on salah, they had to do with it. I may be wrong.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:04 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Ghuraba Al-Khorusani wrote:What does clapping have to do with prayer?

Yeah. this is why you talk to a sheikh

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

Ghuraba Al-Khorusani
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghuraba Al-Khorusani » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:04 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Ghuraba Al-Khorusani wrote:What does this have to do with Salah?

Did you read them? I asssumed that since they were in the ahadeeth on salah, they had to do with it. I may be wrong.

These are Sahih Hadith but it is just a command not to clap there isn't anything here explaining the methodology Salah. Are you thinking of clasping?
like this?
Last edited by Ghuraba Al-Khorusani on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just Muslim

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:08 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Did you read them? I asssumed that since they were in the ahadeeth on salah, they had to do with it. I may be wrong.

These are Sahih Hadith but it is just a command not to clap there isn't anything here explaining the methodology Salah. Are you thinking of clasping?
like this?

No, Jochi's post got my delimma
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Bre Yu
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bre Yu » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:34 pm

Alsheb wrote:
Bre Yu wrote:
Oh, I don't think so but I wasn't thinking of converting.
We can all peacefully disagree can't we?

We can indeed.
Just out of curiosity though, you say you are non-affiliated, but of a Presbyterian background. Would you stikl describe yourself as a Reformed Protestant though?

*sigh* by unaffiliated I mean I converted to atheism, thought the word atheism would be too strong so I used unaffiliated.

Bre Yu
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bre Yu » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:35 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:So homosexuals are born not Muslim?

No every human is born Muslim

I was born Presbyterian

strangely I was told in Christianity that the act of being born was a sin... :meh:
Last edited by Bre Yu on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghuraba Al-Khorusani
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghuraba Al-Khorusani » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Bre Yu wrote:
Ghuraba Al-Khorusani wrote:No every human is born Muslim

I was born Presbyterian

strangely I was told in Christianity that the act of being born was a sin... :meh:

In Islam we believe everyone is born sinless which is why they are Muslim and as they get older and commit sins and if their parents of different religions this is what makes people different religions and accumulate sins.
Just Muslim

Gondolaulus
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gondolaulus » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:49 am

Gondolaulus wrote:I really love how you assume that I see certain Muslims as Muslims and some not.

I'm not a takfiri. I will regard any Muslim who says the Shahada as a Muslim. Even salafis.

If an Atheist says he believes in God is he still an Atheist?

No, he wouldn't be an Atheist. That statement is self-evident.
Also known as Aulus by some.
I am: Iron Pill, Muslim, native European
PRO: Integralism, Perennialism, Esoterism, Sufism.
ANTI: Salafism, Wahhabism, Daesh, interventionism.

Former history/Catholic theology/philosophy student.
RIP Jochy unjustly deleted defending Islamic pride ☪6-2-2017

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:14 am

Gondolaulus wrote:
Ghuraba Al-Khorusani wrote:If an Atheist says he believes in God is he still an Atheist?

No, he wouldn't be an Atheist. That statement is self-evident.

Exactly. So is a Muslim who follows none of the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah still a Muslim?
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Alsheb
Senator

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Alsheb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:17 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Gondolaulus wrote:No, he wouldn't be an Atheist. That statement is self-evident.

Exactly. So is a Muslim who follows none of the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah still a Muslim?

If he is a believer in the Shahadah, then yes. Just not a very good one.
Anti-Revisionist Marxist-Leninist and Zaydi Muslim Pan-Islamist
About Alsheb: An Islamic people's republic, based upon the principles of Marxism-Leninism and Zaydi Islam
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality
Pro: Communism, Marxism-Leninism, Mao Zedong Thought, Axis of Resistance, Syrian Arab Republic, Ansarullah, Hezbollah, Palestine, Iran, Novorossiya, LGBTQ acceptance, feminism, internationalism, socialist patriotism.
Anti: Capitalism, imperialism, racism, fascism, zionism, liberalism, NATO, EU, Wahhabism, revisionism, trotskyism.
Freedom is nothing but a vain phantom when one class of men can starve another with impunity. Equality is nothing but a vain phantom when the rich, through monopoly, exercise the right of life or death over their like.
Jacques Roux

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:28 am

Alsheb wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:Exactly. So is a Muslim who follows none of the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah still a Muslim?

If he is a believer in the Shahadah, then yes. Just not a very good one.

http://legacy.quran.com/5/5
http://legacy.quran.com/4/14
https://sunnah.com/nasai/51/121
https://sunnah.com/nasai/45/164
https://sunnah.com/ibnmajah/36/11
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Gondolaulus
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gondolaulus » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:40 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Gondolaulus wrote:No, he wouldn't be an Atheist. That statement is self-evident.

I sincerely doubt that someone who calls himself a Muslim follows zero laws from Qu'ran or Sunnah.

Your question however is that when we can call someone a kaffir.

My answer to that is that anyone who says the Shahada is in my eyes a Muslim.
Also known as Aulus by some.
I am: Iron Pill, Muslim, native European
PRO: Integralism, Perennialism, Esoterism, Sufism.
ANTI: Salafism, Wahhabism, Daesh, interventionism.

Former history/Catholic theology/philosophy student.
RIP Jochy unjustly deleted defending Islamic pride ☪6-2-2017

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:43 am

Gondolaulus wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:Exactly. So is a Muslim who follows none of the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah still a Muslim?

I sincerely doubt that someone who calls himself a Muslim follows zero laws from Qu'ran or Sunnah.

Your question however is that when we can call someone a kaffir.

My answer to that is that anyone who says the Shahada is in my eyes a Muslim.

Even if they don't follow Allah (SWT)?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General