NATION

PASSWORD

The left does not hold any sort of moral high ground.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

PaNTuXIa
Senator

Founded: Feb 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby PaNTuXIa » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:36 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3bZ7SQJe4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0NpqCm2OeM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K1wEgDdO64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zaAs9Nsyuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFfPei8wQG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Aw5J0YGryU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQmbn7ndvZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISB3-51Sdhs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwXlW_rm0Rs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnszDZkjBDE

Let me be clear. I am by no means pro-Trump, and this is not a post promoting Trump. I am just disgusted by the hypocrisy and willful ignorance of the modern American left. It seems that every god damn day there's a news report of liberals assaulting someone for being a trump supporter. I can think of a single case of trump supporters physically lashing out; the black man who clocked the shit out of the klansman at the Arizona(?) rally.

Now I know what the response is going to be from the NSG community. You're going to decry and disown them, and claim that they're a minority and don't represent the majority left. But here's the problem. They are still the left. It doesn't matter whether their particular flavor is the exact same as yours, you both fall under the same umbrella of populist and progressive philosophies. It doesn't mean a thing if you claim to stand for the marginalized or someone too socially weak or what the hell ever when Bernie and Hillary supporters are willing to attack anyone in the trump camp, be they Latino, African American, female, or elderly.

I'm going to leave it here because I don't really feel any more elaboration is needed. Basically what it comes down to is the left simply can't claim to hold any moral superiority anymore. You can say you represent (as a whole) what you wish, but when members of your camps act the exact opposite it totally flies in the face of everything you're trying to profess.

Okay, I'm not sure why that means the left holds no moral high ground. It's not like the right has much going for them either.
I support Open Borders for Israel.
United Marxist Nations wrote:Anime has ruined my life.

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
PaNTuXIa wrote:>swedish
>conservatism

Islamic nations tend to be right wing.

Stormopolis
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormopolis » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:48 am

Pantuxia wrote:Okay, I'm not sure why that means the left holds no moral high ground. It's not like the right has much going for them either.

That's not a good..well, anything. "But they do (or do not) it too!" is not a valid point. Just because Apartheid South-Africa wasn't a great place to be, the ANC gets away with calling to kill the white Afrikaners? Would've been a hoot if Eisenhower reasoned like that. "The Nazis killed thousands of Soviets, so we get to do so too!"
How do you know somebody is trans or vegan?
Don't worry. They'll tell you at the slightest provocation.

Check my privilege? I won't. Even if I knew how.

Of late there has been a 312% increase of people putting their words and thus their fingers in my mouth. Please refrain from doing so.

WORKING ON MY FACTBOOK OF AWESOME FACTS!

Lenciland
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenciland » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:58 am

So all those videos of trump supporters dragging minorities quite literally by the hair out of rallies and the other videos where trump supporters actively assault protestors don't count as assault? Trump's on air admission that he wouldn't mind it if the journalists "went away" and the Fields case where she was thrown around by a member of the Trump campaign don't count? Journalists have to go through self-defense training because so many of them are being accosted in rallies. I'd say the left is on some pretty high ground until Clinton or Sanders joke about killing journalists, make fun of a disabled journalist, tell their supporters to drag protestors out, joke about the size of their dicks on television, lie about their net worth, and all of the other awful things that Trump does. I don't remember the left bombing alternative choice centers like the right bombs abortion clinics. I don't remember the left passing laws to restrict the rights of minorities in the US.
Quotes:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Lenciland wrote:No there is no Messiah only the Misoiah and that is the Greta One. Bombadil and I am his prophet.

Misoyah Heathens, there is only the one true Ass.
Lo, for his prophet Andy Kaufman came down from on high, to show the ways of the troll.

Karlsreich wrote:And on the fourth day, God created Saturn. And he liked it. So he put a ring on it.

C is for colonies. Rightly we boast. That of all the great nations. Great Britain has the most.
Lenciland & Saint Kitten, neighbors in Hell.
Cthulu be praised!!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:01 am

Gauthier wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:
Yet when you hear a lot of right wingers say things like this, they immediately propose that, instead, we have fundamentalist Christians control all aspects of life.

And they propose shit using God as an excuse that you know they'd raeg over if someone proposed it using Allah as an excuse.

Heidisteinian Fempire wrote:
Gauthier wrote:
And they propose shit using God as an excuse that you know they'd raeg over if someone proposed it using Allah as an excuse.

B-but muh Judeo-christian values that in no way involve loving your neighbor or sharing the bounty, and they are also better than everyone else's!

But they do love their neighbour. It's just that the best way to love him is to apparently cram your religion down his and his children's throats at any opportunity.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Stormopolis
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormopolis » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Heidisteinian Fempire wrote:B-but muh Judeo-christian values that in no way involve loving your neighbor or sharing the bounty, and they are also better than everyone else's!

But they do love their neighbour. It's just that the best way to love him is to apparently cram your religion down his and his children's throats at any opportunity.

If dodging the doorbell is the worst Christians can put you through, you know you don't have to worry. So, what is the difference? The woman on the right is far more likely to buy into the slick promos on Youtube and actually go to a cess pit created by islamic fighters to become their unwilling breeding slave whereas the woman on the left is bigoted, judgmental, but ultimately harmless. In fact, I'm about 150% more likely to marry the woman on the left than on the right.
How do you know somebody is trans or vegan?
Don't worry. They'll tell you at the slightest provocation.

Check my privilege? I won't. Even if I knew how.

Of late there has been a 312% increase of people putting their words and thus their fingers in my mouth. Please refrain from doing so.

WORKING ON MY FACTBOOK OF AWESOME FACTS!

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:45 pm

Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:51 pm

Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Estainia: The countless genocides...So many countless genocides.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.
He only respects the strong, and preys on the weak.
He might act polite and smile all the time, but always remember...
The day will come when you'll wake up to find him looming over your bed,
knife in hand, and he'll still be smiling.

Constaniana wrote:Ralk is evil incarnate, shouldn't you know this by now?

Seriong wrote:Ralk isn't a troll, he's just despicable.

Hakons
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

The woman on the left likely has the gun for defensive purposes, as is the case for the vast majority of American gun owners. The women on the right will be more likely to use her gun, given the current political situation where I'm assuming she lives. The woman on the right also has a hand grenade, which is practically always used for offensive purposes. The woman on the left is in casual American clothes while the woman on the right is in combat gear. This suggests they have vastly different intentions with their firearms. Furthermore, the woman on the left is holding a book that speaks strongly against violence while the same cannot be said for the woman on the right's book.
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Founded: May 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Hakons wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

The woman on the left likely has the gun for defensive purposes, as is the case for the vast majority of American gun owners. The women on the right will be more likely to use her gun, given the current political situation where I'm assuming she lives. The woman on the right also has a hand grenade, which is practically always used for offensive purposes. The woman on the left is in casual American clothes while the woman on the right is in combat gear. This suggests they have vastly different intentions with their firearms. Furthermore, the woman on the left is holding a book that speaks strongly against violence while the same cannot be said for the woman on the right's book.

I see you haven't read the Bible.

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Edit: Double post.
Last edited by Freefall11111 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Heidisteinian Fempire wrote:B-but muh Judeo-christian values that in no way involve loving your neighbor or sharing the bounty, and they are also better than everyone else's!

I'll explain the difference. I can bang the one on the left, but the one on the right would probably *bang* me.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Estainia: The countless genocides...So many countless genocides.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.
He only respects the strong, and preys on the weak.
He might act polite and smile all the time, but always remember...
The day will come when you'll wake up to find him looming over your bed,
knife in hand, and he'll still be smiling.

Constaniana wrote:Ralk is evil incarnate, shouldn't you know this by now?

Seriong wrote:Ralk isn't a troll, he's just despicable.

Hakons
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:42 pm

Freefall11111 wrote:
Hakons wrote:

I see you haven't read the Bible.

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"
"The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
"Thou shalt not kill"
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:44 pm

Hakons wrote:
Freefall11111 wrote:I see you haven't read the Bible.

"The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
"Thou shalt not kill"

No violence in the Bible. No sir.

Hakons
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Freefall11111 wrote:
Hakons wrote:
"Thou shalt not kill"

No violence in the Bible. No sir.

My first two quotes were from God the Son. My third one was from God the Father. Your source was already biased. 90% of the examples were from the Old Testament. A quick read at the start of the source shows they're grasping at straws and conveniently leave out the reasons for the actions.

Regardless, no major sect of Christianity argues for violence against nonbelievers. Islam has a larger proportion of people that are OK with using violence.

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:55 pm

Hakons wrote:My first two quotes were from God the Son. My third one was from God the Father.

No, they were from whoever wrote the Bible.

Hakons wrote:Your source was already biased. 90% of the examples were from the Old Testament.

Which we can conveniently ignore, because cherrypicking is fun.

Hakons wrote:A quick read at the start of the source shows they're grasping at straws and conveniently leave out the reasons for the actions.

So you're saying violence is justified?

Hakons wrote:Regardless, no major sect of Christianity argues for violence against nonbelievers.

Any longer, that is. Didn't stop them a couple of centuries back.

Impireacht
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Impireacht » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:02 pm

Both parties have problems... far left views are generally shiny-happy and impossible, and far right is usually oppressive in some way. The center is beautiful.

As for current candidates, both Trump and Hillary are equally awful.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:08 pm

HuffPo joins Vox Editor in celebrating and defending violence against Trump Supporters.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-ben ... 16186.html

Understanding European anti-fascists use of violent tactics to shut down large rallies from White Supremacists can be illustrative here.

Speaking of European anti-fascists, they also recently decided to demonstrate how tolerant and not prejudiced they are by beating the shit out of a music concert because participants were bald white guys.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06 ... ose-cover/

(Notably, the BBC is aware and has acknowledged they are misleadingly reporting the issue, but have not ammended the article they posted about it, merely refering to "Clashes" and "Arrests" without pointing out it was Leftist violence, and was unopposed.)

The anti-immigration protestors in Brighton that weekend were from a group called the “Pie and Mash Squad”. However, a peaceful, non-racist and non-political group had met for a music festival called the ‘Great Skin Head Reunion’ on the same day.

Ms. Ortiz admitted that her fellow left-wingers might have got “confused”.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Hakons
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:14 pm

Freefall11111 wrote:No, they were from whoever wrote the Bible.

The people who wrote the Bible were enlightened through the Holy Spirit. Thus, it is God's word. Though given you sourced a bias online "annotated Bible," I have to wonder whether you actual know much about Christianity.

Freefall11111 wrote:Which we can conveniently ignore, because cherrypicking is fun.

Not cherrypicking, prioritizing by the instruction of Jesus.
"'Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?'
Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Freefall11111 wrote:So you're saying violence is justified?

God created the world and demanded respect. If your child deliberately disobeyed you thousands of times, punishment is due.

Freefall11111 wrote:Any longer, that is. Didn't stop them a couple of centuries back.

And state secularism gave us the USSR. But that's in the past. We're talking about right now.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnyway, let's stop threadjacking. :p

Liberaxia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberaxia » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:19 pm

Hakons wrote:

The people who wrote the Bible were enlightened through the Holy Spirit. Thus, it is God's word. Though given you sourced a bias online "annotated Bible," I have to wonder whether you actual know much about Christianity.

Freefall11111 wrote:Which we can conveniently ignore, because cherrypicking is fun.

Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

God created the world and demanded respect. If your child deliberately disobeyed you thousands of times, punishment is due.

Freefall11111 wrote:Any longer, that is. Didn't stop them a couple of centuries back.

And state secularism gave us the USSR. But that's in the past. We're talking about right now.

Funny thing for a socialist to say.
Favors: Civil Libertarianism, Constitutional Democratic Republicanism, Multilateralism, Freedom of Commerce, Popular Sovereignty, Intellectual Property, Fiat Currency, Competition Law, Intergovernmentalism, Privacy Rights
Opposes: The Security State, The Police State, Mob Rule, Traditionalism, Theocracy, Monarchism, Paternalism, Religious Law, Debt
Your friendly pro-commerce, anti-market nation.
On libertarians: The ideology whose major problem is the existence of other people with different views.

Hakons
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Liberaxia wrote:
Hakons wrote:The people who wrote the Bible were enlightened through the Holy Spirit. Thus, it is God's word. Though given you sourced a bias online "annotated Bible," I have to wonder whether you actual know much about Christianity.

Dem Socialist, an American Dem Socialist, and Methodist resident of Indiana. Not surprising at all :p

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Liberaxia wrote:
Hakons wrote:The people who wrote the Bible were enlightened through the Holy Spirit. Thus, it is God's word. Though given you sourced a bias online "annotated Bible," I have to wonder whether you actual know much about Christianity.

Is it?
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Zoice
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoice » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:20 pm

Hakons wrote:

How do you know they were enlightened through the Holy Spirit? Sounds like you're using a circuluar argument.

Maybe you should teach the child better, then.

No, state secularism gave us the USA.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you're ignorant about human sexuality and want to let everyone know. ♂♀
Or if you're an asshole that goes out of your way to bully minorities and call them words with the strict intent of upsetting a demographic that is already at a huge risk of suicide, or being murdered for who they are. :)

For: Abortions, Anomalocaris, Atheism, Anti-theism, Being a good person, Genetic Engineering, LGBT rights, Sammy Harris, the Sandman, Science, Secular humanism
Against: AGW Denialism, Anti-Semitism, Banning religion, Ends, Hillary Clinton, Islamophobia, Means, Mother Theresa, Organized religion, Pacifism, Prejudice, the Pope, Political Correctness, Racism, Regressive Lefties and Righties, Republican Candidates, Theism, Violence

Heidisteinian Fempire
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Heidisteinian Fempire » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:11 pm

Last edited by Heidisteinian Fempire on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leftist Agrarian-Anarchist, also Muslim too
Pro: Dudeism, LGBT+ rights, Feminism, Far-left thought, Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, individual freedom
Anti: people who don't want other people to be themselves, /pol/

UED
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby UED » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:17 pm

Neither side holds the moral high ground, but to be honest I honestly feel that in general the American right claims to hold the moral high ground more (I know the left claims this a lot this election year though). Like Gay marriage is viewed as something that will "harm the children" and abortion rights is "baby killing". Now it's understandable why but given how many abortion clinics have been shot up it really downplays the argument.

On the left, the anti-Trump rallies are becoming a bit too violent. Fighting bigotry and racism with violence isn't the answer, so these anti-trump protestors should really stop attacking trump supporters. (Though To be honest Trump supporters also attack Anti-Trump supporters so basically both sides have a shitload of violence)
Political and religious views don't define whether you are a good or bad person, unless you want to actively hurt everyone who doesn't believe what you say.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General