NATION

PASSWORD

The NSG Football (all kinds, Int'l and USA) Megathread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: The NSG (American) Football Megathread

Postby Bluth Corporation » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:42 am

Learn to work the saxophone
I'll play just what I feel
Drink scotch whiskey all night long
And die behind the wheel
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues!

ROLL (over) TIDE!
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X

You should really be using Slackware

Chetssaland
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Bluth Corporation wrote:Learn to work the saxophone
And die behind the wheel
Call me Deacon Blues!

ROLL (over) TIDE!

I hate Nick Saban. And the SEC. Therefore I hate Alabama.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Lets go Bengals, Air Force, and Garden Spot High School. I would put a bigger list, but its all good.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Brewdomia
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brewdomia » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:20 pm

Chetssaland wrote:
And die behind the wheel
Call me Deacon Blues!

ROLL (over) TIDE!

Agreed :clap: :clap:

Chetssaland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:20 pm

Taeshan wrote:Lets go Bengals, Air Force, and Garden Spot High School. I would put a bigger list, but its all good.

Oh you want to play this game?

Lets go Packers, Illinois, and Morris Community High School.

Brewdomia
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brewdomia » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Chetssaland wrote:
Taeshan wrote:Lets go Bengals, Air Force, and Garden Spot High School. I would put a bigger list, but its all good.

Oh you want to play this game?

Lets go Packers, Illinois, and Morris Community High School.

I want to join in on the Fun!

Let's Go Packers, Wisconsin, and Eisenhower High School!

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:13 pm

And die behind the wheel
Call me Deacon Blues!

ROLL (over) TIDE!

Steely Dan FTMFW!

But screw the Steelers. And Ohio State. And.. um.. well, that's really as long as my football shit-list is, I guess. I'm more of a hockey fan.
"I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will. But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair."

Chetssaland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Melkor Unchained wrote:
And die behind the wheel
Call me Deacon Blues!

ROLL (over) TIDE!

Steely Dan FTMFW!

But screw the Steelers. And Ohio State. And.. um.. well, that's really as long as my football shit-list is, I guess. I'm more of a hockey fan.

Well, the Steelers are my 2nd favorite team and I am a Big 10 guy so... Screw Steeler haters. And Ohio State haters. Just got in to hockey 2 years ago when the old man from the Blackhawks died. We're on the right track ;)

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Chetssaland wrote:
And die behind the wheel
Call me Deacon Blues!

ROLL (over) TIDE!

The 'Bama faithful all think Saban's the second coming of Bear Bryant...

I'm a Colts/(Purdue/Notre Dame) fan myself.
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X

You should really be using Slackware

The Fanboyists
Senator

Founded: Sep 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Fanboyists » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:51 pm

That's a bloody filthy lie; no-one will ever even come close to replacing Bear Bryant.

How dare you insult my Tide! Roll Tide Roll!

And let's hear it for the Baltimore Ravens (maybe the 'Skins or the Titans, too, but screw the Steelers), the Crimson Tide (fuck Auburn and the cows they've been shagging)(and go Ole Miss, for good measure), Good Luck to the Terps, and the Wootton HS Patriots!
Last edited by The Fanboyists on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of the Ajax role-playing community!
Ottonia, Draakur, and Untsangazar in Ajax
Terefuxe, formerly Allamunnic States (NSSport)

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

Thethunderdome
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Thethunderdome » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:04 am

lmao @ OU
Anyone still think they should have been number two?
Edit: Just because I like being right and gloating over insignificant things
Thethunderdome wrote:
Done...in my post above. Also, Texas should be #2 in front of Oklahoma. But that will be realized by all in due time.
Last edited by Thethunderdome on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Save a life- Donate blood!

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:51 am

Chetssaland wrote:
And die behind the wheel
Call me Deacon Blues!

ROLL (over) TIDE!

I understand the first, sort of, if you liked LSU and think he's a traitor. Otherwise, I don't really get how that works. He's no better or worse (except maybe skill or talent-wise) than most of the coaches out there.

Second one? What the hell! How can you hate the best conference there is, and the only one that plays with m*th*rf*ck*ng defenses!

Alright, I understand the third one. We've pissed off a lot of people in our quest to be among the best.

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

Taeshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:22 am

I would vote for Ole Miss, and for that matter Michigan State, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Oregon, South Florida, but anyways the steelers can and should suck it.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

RoI2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby RoI2 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:30 am

So, what does every one think about England vs. Croatia? Or the womens team being in the final?

Yes this is real foot ball, but don't bitch at me - bitch at them
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

Taeshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:38 am

RoI2 wrote:So, what does every one think about England vs. Croatia? Or the womens team being in the final?

Don't yell at us, an Englishman created the Term soccer, and thus it is not our fault we call it that. Anyway the US, Ivory Coast,and some other teams i like won so im happy.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:43 am

I'll call it football, how others call it is irrelevant to me.

Congrats to the English women team for your victory yesterday .
The Blaatschapen should resign

Taeshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:46 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll call it football, how others call it is irrelevant to me.

I call both Football, but it changes if i am talking to another american about association football.

RoI2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby RoI2 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:46 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll call it football, how others call it is irrelevant to me.

Made it a bit late tho.
CI

RoI2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby RoI2 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:47 am

Taeshan wrote:
RoI2 wrote:So, what does every one think about England vs. Croatia? Or the womens team being in the final?

Don't yell at us, an Englishman created the Term soccer, and thus it is not our fault we call it that. Anyway the US, Ivory Coast,and some other teams i like won so im happy.

I'm yelling at no one. If yanks want to get the name wrong - let em. But lets not turn this thread into that.
CI

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:39 am

W/E. I can't follow Soccer/Football/Whatever the Hell its Called. Too many teams. With American you just have the US teams to follow.

And stop calling fb/scr 'real' football as if American football isn't a real sport. Its a hell of a load more fun and gritty than soccer/football. There's just two sports called football. The American variety (which I personally like better) just hasn't caught on in too many other places yet. Here's hoping it does, eventually. Then maybe it won't feel so much like cheating to call whoever wins the Super Bowl 'the world champion' 'cause people in other countries will actually give it a shot. We play your sports, why not make this work both ways. I just cheer for Madrid Real and whoever beats Barcelona.
Last edited by The Fanboyists on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dzvasdvsdv
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dzvasdvsdv » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:41 am

So this Le Havre Man U hoohah, what's happening there?

Dzvasdvsdv
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dzvasdvsdv » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:44 am

France-Germany women's quarter finals, anyone watch that? What did you think?

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:47 am

The Fanboyists wrote:W/E. I can't follow Soccer/Football/Whatever the Hell its Called. Too many teams. With American you just have the US teams to follow.

And stop calling fb/scr 'real' football as if American football isn't a real sport. Its a hell of a load more fun and gritty than soccer/football. There's just two sports called football. The American variety (which I personally like better) just hasn't caught on in too many other places yet. Here's hoping it does, eventually. Then maybe it won't feel so much like cheating to call whoever wins the Super Bowl 'the world champion' 'cause people in other countries will actually give it a shot. We play your sports, why not make this work both ways. I just cheer for Madrid Real and whoever beats Barcelona.

Ah, but when it becomes popular then you don't have just the USA teams to follow, and then you're unable to follow American football anymore by your logic :p

And what do you have against Barcelona? They support Unicef :)
The Blaatschapen should resign

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:56 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:Ah, but when it becomes popular then you don't have just the USA teams to follow, and then you're unable to follow American football anymore by your logic :p

And what do you have against Barcelona? They support Unicef :)

Nope. I'll just follow my favorite teams and cheer for them, and whoever plays against their rival. That's all I do with most sports anyway. But its so easy for me to get soccer/football teams mixed up. Besides, I'm quite positive even then it won't catch on everywhere, just in certain places. Still easier than all over the world.

Mostly that I like Madrid Real. Family of Castillians. We don't support Catalonia, or any of its crap. And besides, Madrid is still the King's team. And Spain is ruled by the King. Therefore, the legit one is Madrid. I also in passing, like Vienna and Croatia. But I don't actually watch the games. I'm just on average a little happier when one of those teams wins. Besides, while helping UNICEF is great and good, it still doesn't redeem them from being Catalans.

I'm still and American Football person. Its also easier for me to keep track of the penalties, seeing as I've had some of them called on me.
Last edited by The Fanboyists on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

RoI2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby RoI2 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Dzvasdvsdv wrote:France-Germany women's quarter finals, anyone watch that? What did you think?

You mean Norway?
CI

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General