NATION

PASSWORD

Why are People Homophobic?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sovereign Oppression
Envoy

Founded: Dec 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Oppression » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:36 am

-The West Coast- wrote:
Sovereign Oppression wrote:
I'm comparing the disgust. It's perfectly okay to be disgusted by homosexuality, just like it's perfectly okay to be disgusted by any other fetish/sexuality. If it's not your thing, your natural inclination is to not like it.

I'm just saying, so long as rights are respected, who cares if someone finds homosexuality disgusting? That's their call.

You say: 'any other fetish/sexuality' ... yet you just happen to choose Coprophilia out of the bag of hundreds of possibilities.

Yes. What's your point? I don't like it, so I chose it for my example. Problem?

Sovereign Oppression
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Oppression » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:38 am

-St George wrote:
Not to mention the "A King and A King" thing irks me as well. Again, the whole pedestal thing. It just bugs me. I always wanna...smack people down who do that.

I don't see how 'King and King' puts homosexuals on a pedestal. : /

The way he worded his post made it sound like it was required reading. Maybe that's not the case, in which case my feelings are far more apathetic.

-The West Coast-
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby -The West Coast- » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:38 am

-The West Coast- wrote:You say: 'any other fetish/sexuality' ... yet you just happen to choose Coprophilia out of the bag of hundreds of possibilities.

you're comparing homosexuality to coprophilia in your mind to make it seem gross, disgusting, vile and wrong.
// THE GRAND OLD CONFEDERACY OF THE WEST COAST //

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."
— Edmund Burke; Reflections on the Revolution in France

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:39 am

-The West Coast- wrote:You say: 'any other fetish/sexuality' ... yet you just happen to choose Coprophilia out of the bag of hundreds of possibilities.

Your position seems quite logical and consistent to me...

I do not like vanilla icecream- I like chocolate instead. Vanilla even makes me vomit. That is my taste, and people who insist that I MUST like vanilla can go fuck themselves.

But conversely, I will not forbid people from liking, buying and licking vanilla*. And if I did try, those people should feel free to kick me in the groin ;)

-----
*(If only because that leaves more chocolate for me :p)
Last edited by The Alma Mater on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:41 am

-St George wrote:I don't see how 'King and King' puts homosexuals on a pedestal. : /

The way he worded his post made it sound like it was required reading. Maybe that's not the case, in which case my feelings are far more apathetic.

It's one of the very view children's books that portray homosexual couples, and is therefore very likely to be singled out.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Sovereign Oppression
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Oppression » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:42 am

-The West Coast- wrote:

you're comparing homosexuality to coprophilia in your mind to make it seem gross, disgusting, vile and wrong.

Ehem. Assumptions, oh assumptions. Actually, if you took note, I specifically mentioned, first of all, that I'm not disgusted by coprophillia. However, I'm fairly certain a lot of people here are. Scat is generally considered a disgusting thing. So I used it to illustrate a point. Like people are disgusted by scat fetishes, so to can people be disgusted by homosexuality. It's perfectly fine. All that matters is that rights are respected.

Before you jump on the crazy train next time, please be sure to examine facts, specifically, what people said in the very post you are criticizing.

Sovereign Oppression
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Oppression » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:43 am

The Alma Mater wrote:

Your position seems quite logical and consistent to me...

I do not like vanilla icecream- I like chocolate instead. Vanilla even makes me vomit. That is my taste, and people who insist that I MUST like vanilla can go fuck themselves.

But conversely, I will not forbid people from liking, buying and licking vanilla*. And if I did try, those people should feel free to kick me in the groin ;)

-----
*(If only because that leaves more chocolate for me :p)

Exactly. Perfection.

Euronion
Senator

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:45 am

-St George wrote:
Euronion wrote:
why does everyone assume that all people who are against homosexuality are closets or bigots, how many times has the word bigot been used to describe someone who does not agree with a liberal's views, a great many, why can't you just stop calling names and present your opinion, also your comment could be regarded as flaming.

People who dislike homosexuals are not necessarily bigots or any other word that you Liberals would like to use to describe them. I do not like the idea of homosexuality, is it because I am any of the things you describe me as. no, it is because it makes me physically sick to see one man making out with another especially when they start using their tongues, believe me I have seen it several times at the park while walking my dog.

The bolded is homophobia.
Another reason why people may not like homosexuals is that perhaps they want to believe what they want to believe instead of liberals or LGBT people trying to cram their beliefs down our throats. A good example of this would be in Mississippi were SSM is legal and where legislation was recently passed forcing children from the age of kindergarten to read about homosexuals and openly talk about them. A Christian couple filed a complaint that their child had been sent home (at the age of 5) with a book called "A King and a King" were a Prince marries another Prince. The couple asked for a simple opt-out program but the legislation passed does not allow parents to opt-out. When the father told school administrators that he would not leave their office until he was offered and opt-out program, he was handcuffed and thrown in jail. Similar legislation has been recently passed in California banning all textbooks that contain content that portrays minorities in a negative light and bans teachers from teaching anything to the contrary. I will require History teachers teach about homosexuals throughout history just because they were somewhat important and gay and again there is no opt-out program. For Latino families this is especially hard because a majority of them are very catholic and they are forced into this compulsorily school system, with no opt-out program and there many of the poorer families can't afford homeschooling or private schools. New York's Governor has released a statement saying that soon LGBT history will also be taught in NY school curriculum.
Education on LGBT is the only way to ensure we don't have a generation of Aaron McKinney's and Russell Henderson's, or is that what you want? LBGT's too afraid to go outside for fear of attack, kidnap, torture and murder?

Probably most ridiculously why I do not like homosexuals is those pride parades and pride rallies that they have. I have no problem with people doing what they want to do as long as they do it in private, why do you need to hold a gigantic parade that blocks traffic and disturbs people's commute. Why can't you just have some sort of private meeting, instead of having these large events so near to people's homes and without their consent that it breeds resentment against homosexuals? I mean how would your react if someday you look at your window and you see some giant pro-homosexual float and tons of men kissing men and women kissing women.
I'd have an erection and go out and join them.

This is simply the bigoted heterosexual crying because his day was interrupted once by a Gay Pride Parade. These parades are born out of civil rights demonstrations from a time when LBGT's had hardly any rights of any kind, and serve a purpose, not just in America but in every nation on Earth. America proclaims to the world that they support human rights, they support civil rights, except homosexuality is illegal in the nations of a number US allies, but no one talks about that, do they? In central America and the Caribbean alone, homosexuality is illegal in Belize (10 year prison sentence), Antigua and Barbuda (15 year prison sentence), Barbados (life imprisonment), Dominica (10 year prison sentence), Grenada (10 year prison sentence), Jamaica (10 years hard labour), Saint Kitts and Nevis (10 year prison sentence), Saint Lucia (10 year prison sentence), Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (10 year prison sentence) and Trinidad and Tobago (25 year prison sentence). All regimes largely supported by the US and other western powers.
Tone is down, and that is why many people are NOT Homophobic but do dislike homosexuals.
Everything you said was homophobic.[/quote]

1. Here we go again, its not my fault I get physically sick when I see something, just like it is not a sea-sick persons fault if they throw-up on a boat, putting everyone who doesn't agree with your beliefs into the catagory of "bigot" and "homophobic" isolates a majority of Americans, just like in the 60s San Fransisco is not Texas or the Midwest, many in those areas are largely against homosexuals, just like a large majority of them were against the hippis, maybe if you could go one day without yelling that you are gay on the streets or whining about your civil liberties people who are what you call "homophobic" may then look on your kind a bit more favorably

2.It is not the fact that they are learning about homosexuals but that fact that parents are forced into a non-opt-out program which may go against their beliefs yet are prevented from going else where if they cannot afford private school. It also bans any teacher from portraying any homosexuals and minorities in a negative light, which is basically censoring histroy, I have heard evidance from historians that Hitler was gay and having private encounters with one of his nephews. Apparantly they also want to teach that Abraham Lincoln was gay as well. Would like that taught to children? or would you like only the good side of you to be taught while white people are shown to be the only bad people. Its not like the information is not present on the internet, for gods sakes they have a wikipedia page on important people who were homoesxual AND it goes against the will of the people, if enough people in California voted to pass Prop 8 in '08 and this peice of legislation has gotten a referendum which means that most likely the legislation will be repealed. Besides unless a History class is studying about Harvey Milk, I see no reason to mention someone just because they were gay, what does their sexual orientation have to do with it if their sexual orientation had nothing to do with their accomplishments. Forcing parents to either send their child to private school, get arrested, or accept what is against their beliefs is not the right thing to do whether it is homosexuals or anything at all.

3.Gays do not get kidnapped and killed on a regular basis, they are kidnapped, raped, and killed at the same pace as everyone else who is normal does. Sexual orientation does not matter in the eyes of the law, gays have the same civil rights as any of us heterosexual people, like one person said. They have a right to marry, just not a right to marry someone that they want, the law says you can't marry a cactus or a dog, or a person under 18.

4.I was refering to the rest of us who are heterosexual or those that you label as "homophobic"

5."Bigoted Heterosexual"? what if that "bigoted heterosexual" had an important meeting for work, or was trying to get to the hospital before a relative died, or needed to get emergency help and the ambulance needs to go around the parade costing valuable time.

6. At least the civil rights demonstartions in the past were mostly people simply marching and many were silent, but gay pride parades have gigantic floats. they have tons of people cheering and making so much noise, it should be regarded more as a public disturbance.

7. If you are so scared of being found out in these nations that imprison people who are gay then leave them, go to Sweden or Norway. They have tons of gay right stuff there and they will listen to your talk about heterosexuals being bigoted and evil, while we on NS, will not

8. The US is largely supportave of these regimes because unlike you think, the world does not revolve around homosexuals, Russia and China are not bery friendly to homosexuals, and they are the biggest players on the world stage, perhaps when we get rid of these massacreing middle eastern dicators, or fix the huge global economic crisis, our energy troubles, and terrorism, them maybe we will start to think about it

9. "everything you said was homophobic" I think the OP has his answer now, why are people homophobic? because anyone who is not gay or does not love gays is homophobic

I have come to the conclusion that it is in fact you who are the ignorant one, you who are the bigoted one, you want your beleifs and views to be crammed down 5 year olds throats and the international communities' throats as well and the fact that you cannot handle tolerate anyone who disagrees with you proves it. You think that you are all important but we have other things to do, like fight several wars, and secure our nation.
Last edited by Euronion on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
The Official Euronion Website
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

Euronion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:50 am

-St George wrote:I don't see how 'King and King' puts homosexuals on a pedestal. : /

it was required reading, here is a video about the story of one family, the family I mentioned.
while I do think it is a bit over dramatised, it does address valid problems witht he legislature.
Last edited by Euronion on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

Jasonovia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 18, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Jasonovia » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:52 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Euronion wrote: as one person suggested, just replace homosexual with celibate

Yep. It is amazing that people have no problem with a bunch of men living together in celibacy, never reproducing - but find it horrible if those men fuck while still claiming the problem is with the lack of reproduction.

There isn't a problem with the "lack of reproduction". Not everyone needs to reproduce and not every act of reproduction needs to actually end in reproduction occurring. The difference is in the intent. I don't intend to reproduce so I don't have sex. I do intend to reproduce so I do have sex.

I think Alma Mater might have nailed it with "Some people believe that the world should be based on the reasoning "everything that makes one happy is forbidden, unless I explicitly give permission," except I would change it to "unless I am given a rationale for it." Also "being different is SCARY, and therefor EVIL" can happen on both sides at times simply from not being able to comprehend the others' point of view.

-St George
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:57 am

Euronion wrote:1. Here we go again, its not my fault I get physically sick when I see something, just like it is not a sea-sick persons fault if they throw-up on a boat, putting everyone who doesn't agree with your beliefs into the catagory of "bigot" and "homophobic" isolates a majority of Americans, just like in the 60s San Fransisco is not Texas or the Midwest, many in those areas are largely against homosexuals, just like a large majority of them were against the hippis, maybe if you could go one day without yelling that you are gay on the streets or whining about your civil liberties people who are what you call "homophobic" may then look on your kind a bit more favorably
The mere fact that you've made it into an 'us and them' issue shows you're homophobic.

2.It is not the fact that they are learning about homosexuals but that fact that parents are forced into a non-opt-out program which may go against their beliefs yet are prevented from going else where if they cannot afford private school. It also bans any teacher from portraying any homosexuals and minorities in a negative light, which is basically censoring histroy, I have heard evidance from historians that Hitler was gay and having private encounters with one of his nephews. Apparantly they also want to teach that Abraham Lincoln was gay as well. Would like that taught to children? or would you like only the good side of you to be taught while white people are shown to be the only bad people. Its not like the information is not present on the internet, for gods sakes they have a wikipedia page on important people who were homoesxual AND it goes against the will of the people, if enough people in California voted to pass Prop 8 in '08 and this peice of legislation has gotten a referendum which means that most likely the legislation will be repealed. Besides unless a History class is studying about Harvey Milk, I see no reason to mention someone just because they were gay, what does their sexual orientation have to do with it if their sexual orientation had nothing to do with their accomplishments. Forcing parents to either send their child to private school, get arrested, or accept what is against their beliefs is not the right thing to do whether it is homosexuals or anything at all.
And? Their beliefs have no fucking place in the fucking classroom. Next you'll be saying creationism and Leviticus should be taught as truth because some parents believe in such.

And it's called BACKGROUND INFORMATION ffs. You know, the kind of thing that you want taught in every fucking history course unless you want a nation of people taught to the fucking exam.

3.Gays do not get kidnapped and killed on a regular basis, they are kidnapped, raped, and killed at the same pace as everyone else who is normal does. Sexual orientation does not matter in the eyes of the law, gays have the same civil rights as any of us heterosexual people, like one person said. They have a right to marry, just not a right to marry someone that they want, the law says you can't marry a cactus or a dog, or a person under 18.
Because, of course, homosexual marriage is comparable to marrying a dog. You are fucking ridiculous.

4.I was refering to the rest of us who are heterosexual or those that you label as "homophobic"
Derp.

5."Bigoted Heterosexual"? what if that "bigoted heterosexual" had an important meeting for work, or was trying to get to the hospital before a relative died, or needed to get emergency help and the ambulance needs to go around the parade costing valuable time.
Diddims. These things are publicised weeks beforehand, giving you enough time to make alternative arrangements for getting to work on time. As for the latter, do you oppose all parades? Do you oppose letting people use cars in congested cities? In both cases they can cause delays.

6. At least the civil rights demonstartions in the past were mostly people simply marching and many were silent, but gay pride parades have gigantic floats. they have tons of people cheering and making so much noise, it should be regarded more as a public disturbance.
Hey! You! Yeah you! Gay boi! You can fight for your rights, faggot! Just keep the fucking noise down!

7. If you are so scared of being found out in these nations that imprison people who are gay then leave them, go to Sweden or Norway. They have tons of gay right stuff there and they will listen to your talk about heterosexuals being bigoted and evil, while we on NS, will not
Where the fuck did I say heterosexuals are bigoted and evil? Please fucking point out where I said an entire sexuality is evil?

8. The US is largely supportave of these regimes because unlike you think, the world does not revolve around homosexuals, Russia and China are not bery friendly to homosexuals, and they are the biggest players on the world stage, perhaps when we get rid of these massacreing middle eastern dicators, or fix the huge global economic crisis, our energy troubles, and terrorism, them maybe we will start to think about it
Except the US does none of them, and instead funds and supports these regimes.

9. "everything you said was homophobic" I think the OP has his answer now, why are people homophobic? because anyone who is not gay or does not love gays is homophobic
:palm: You are ridiculous.

I have come to the conclusion that it is in fact you who are the ignorant one, you who are the bigoted one, you want your beleifs and views to be crammed down 5 year olds throats and the international communities' throats as well and the fact that you cannot handle tolerate anyone who disagrees with you proves it. You think that you are all important but we have other things to do, like fight several wars, and secure our nation.

Because, of course, the US can ONLY DO ONE FUCKING THING AT A TIME.
Last edited by -St George on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

-St George
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:58 am

Euronion wrote:

it was required reading, here is a video about the story of one family, the family I mentioned.

So what if it's required reading? Education about LGBT is the only fucking way to stop climates developing that make it seem ok to repeat what happened to Matthew Shepard.
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:59 am

Polruan wrote:
I have met homosexuals thorough my life, and all of them were dressing like women, were polishing their nails, were wearing make-up, were dressing like women, were talking from female point of view.

What the hell kind of places have you been hanging out in :blink:

By the way, being against gay marriage does NOT make one "homophobic" or the term loses all meaning.

actually I can't think of a single reason to oppose gay marriage specifically that does not derive from not liking gay people.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:00 am

Bulgharia wrote:No, you cannot be given the right to adopt. It will ruin children life. If I am child and I am adopted by a man who wear female things, I'll commit suicide.

you were a sad child weren't you.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:03 am

Ceannairceach wrote:
Bulgharia wrote:Homosexuals already have too many rights: If they receive more, they will have more rights than the heterosexuals. Which is indeed not O.K.

People hate you for a reason. It is not homophobes who have to change, you have to.

Wrong. Homosexuals want very specific rights that heterosexuals either have or are also denied; The right to marry those of the same sex, the right to adopt children, and so on. As I said, heterosexuals have these rights, or are also denied them.

Why should we change when it is homophobes who are the oppressors?

heterosexuals are denied adoption just because they are heterosexual? heterosexuals are denied the right to marry other consenting heterosexuals?

Izandai
Senator

Founded: May 27, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Izandai » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:07 am

Either because gay people fall into the Uncanny Valley or because non-gay people get uncomfortable when gays come onto them. Possibly both.
Shinkadomayaka wrote:
JUNCKS wrote:Ozzy is awesome but Jesus is awesomer

Hey, this is a church thread. No mentioning religion!

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:
My blind porcupine takes exception to this

Your blind porcupine can read text? :blink:

Neanderthaland wrote:
Izandai wrote:I try to be a generous fuck. I'm more likely to have sex with someone more than once that way.

Although for some reason they always act insulted when I try to pay them to communicate how much I value sex.

Ism wrote:We don't dislike what Trump does because he's Trump, we dislike Trump because of what Trump does.

Fartsniffage wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Lots of people are evil, and most of them are closer to home than ISIS

Oooooh. The rare self burn.

Grenartia wrote:Authoritarianism is political sadomasochism, change my mind.
Age subject to change without notice.

Pauper Kings
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Pauper Kings » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:14 am

I would love to know how many of you're fashionably gay. When the stupid fad, to some extent, disappears I wonder how many of you will still be gay or 'gay'.

For the moment darling.

Euronion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:16 am

-St George wrote:The mere fact that you've made it into an 'us and them' issue shows you're homophobic.

no, it shows I am not the same as them, I am not homosexual there for I am not them

And? Their beliefs have no fucking place in the fucking classroom.

so then neither do yours

Next you'll be saying creationism and Leviticus should be taught as truth because some parents believe in such.
I am a scientist who works for NASA, I am a physicist and I graduated from UC Berkeley with a bachelors degree in phyiscs, so no, I do not believe Leviticus and creationalism should be taught in class but offering parents no opt-out program is not right

And it's called BACKGROUND INFORMATION ffs. You know, the kind of thing that you want taught in every fucking history course unless you want a nation of people taught to the fucking exam.

I see that you are getting a bit angered, well I am too but that doesn't mean I should go around name calling everyone I don't like as a something-or-other-phobe

Because, of course, homosexual marriage is comparable to marrying a dog. You are fucking ridiculous.

In the sense that it is not legal under the eyes of the law, yes

Derp

very insightful

Diddims. These things are publicised weeks beforehand, giving you enough time to make alternative arrangements for getting to work on time. As for the latter, do you oppose all parades? Do you oppose letting people use cars in congested cities? In both cases they can cause delays.

do I oppose gigantic parades that block streets out of no-where? yes, and any of us who are in the buisness world knows that some things crop up that are unscheduled. The point is that whatever malcontent caused that day by the parade could've been prevented, whether it was gay pride or a random parade

Hey! You! Yeah you! Gay boi! You can fight for your rights, faggot! Just keep the fucking noise down!

boy*, and why the use of foul language all of a sudden, but yes it is very distracting and disturbing, especially if you are doing a college assignment and they are yelling screaming, and playing music, and chanting ouside, it has happened to me more than once in college, and college proffessors as I have learned to not take any excuses for bad work whether it was a gay pride parade or flood.

Where the fuck did I say heterosexuals are bigoted and evil? Please fucking point out where I said an entire sexuality is evil?

you pointed out heterosexuals were bigoted, and your view of the sexuality suggest you are a heterophobe, Ironic though since you were concieved by heterosexuals

Except the US does none of them, and instead funds and supports these regimes.

maybe because the US is not about to stake the fate of the 320 million people who live here because a small percent of the population dislike those regimes

:palm: You are ridiculous.

on the contrary, you are the one who is ridiculous if you think that everyone who doesn't agree with you is a homophobe

Because, of course, the US can ONLY DO ONE FUCKING THING AT A TIME.

pretty much yah, between war, economic crisis,the educational crisis, the war on drugs,the war terrorism, Iran's threats to position a fleet of our east coast, the energy crisis, global warming, and possibly more war, I'd say each of those deserves our immediate full attention
Last edited by Euronion on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:19 am

Euronion wrote:

while I do think it is a bit over dramatised, it does address valid problems witht he legislature.

And? It isn't forcing them to experiment in homosexuality, it's a damn children's story for crying out loud. I mean, I objected to quite a lot of the stuff I had to read at school (mainly because it was badly written, over-analysed drivel). That didn't give me a valid argument to get out of having to write essays on it.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Bottle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:24 am

Bottle wrote:Not to put too fine a point on it, but...good?

I mean, if it pisses you off when people (accurately) call you a homophobe, then that's kind of a bonus. I use accurate terms because they're accurate, but if they also happen to piss off people who are acting like prejudiced jerkwads then that's pretty nice too.

I think what he means his, he doesn't like what being a "homophobe" has because (i.e., anyone who dislikes homosexuality is automatically a bigoted homophobe). He just wants people to leave him and his likes and dislikes alone, and stop trying to make something of it. And I can accept that, so long as he doesn't try and force his likes and dislikes on others.

Sorry, but from everything he's posted in this thread, I think it's blindingly obvious that 1) he is homophobic and 2) he can't shut up about it.

Which is fine. Be homophobic. Talk about it. And other people will note that you are homophobic, and they will talk about it. Get over it.
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

Euronion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:29 am

-St George wrote:

So what if it's required reading? Education about LGBT is the only fucking way to stop climates developing that make it seem ok to repeat what happened to Matthew Shepard.

not true, we have education in our health classes, and gay speakers, all of which have opt-out programs, A so-called survey was done at a school of 2,700 students who tried the sort of thing claifornis is proposing, apparantly 300 students reported positive changes, but there is a problem, there were no controls as to indicate what exactly brought the changes, and the survey was completely anonymous and available over the internet for download, which basically means that same person or same groups of people could take duplicate surveys, and the children who were taking the survey, as in collecting data, all had strong ties with gay-activist and gay-rights groups before and at the time of the survey. If it were a scientific study it would be shot down immediately but homosexuals are trying to use the survey for all its flaws to pass legislation. There are LGBT clubs on high school campuses, there are counseling programs, and with zero tolerance policy in our schools anyone who uses the word faggot is in a huge amount of trouble. Also, hostile climates do not form just because of lack of education but also from society, anyone who does not like gays or who is a person who beleives it is against their religion to be gay will not take kindly to pro-homosexual rhetoric being stuffed down their 5 year old child's throat. Parents have a right to decide what they do and do not want their child to learn, Thrusting a forced education system upon people who feel it is against their religion will only breed resentment, like affirmative action, it has breed resentment between whites/asains against minorities.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

Euronion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:39 am

Salandriagado wrote:
Euronion wrote:

And? It isn't forcing them to experiment in homosexuality, it's a damn children's story for crying out loud. I mean, I objected to quite a lot of the stuff I had to read at school (mainly because it was badly written, over-analysed drivel). That didn't give me a valid argument to get out of having to write essays on it.

if it goes against someone's religion then it goes against someone's religion, and therefore parents should be given the choice to opt-out, many christians believe that homosexuality is wrong and should not be taught, since there are around 3 billion christains on Earth, I think it the system should at least offer an opt out option
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

Bottle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:41 am

Euronion wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:

if it goes against someone's religion then it goes against someone's religion, and therefore parents should be given the choice to opt-out, many christians believe that homosexuality is wrong and should not be taught, since there are around 3 billion christains on Earth, I think it the system should at least offer an opt out option

So opt your kids out of public schools. Problem solved.

In the secular public school system, reality is what gets taught. Gay people exist, and your children will not be sheltered from that fact any more than they will be sheltered from the fact that straight people exist. Anybody who is bothered that their children might learn that gays exist should probably not be letting the little darlings leave home in the first place.
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:42 am

Euronion wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:

Fine, having to do exams goes against my religion. Therefore I should just be given grades without having to do them. That makes precisely as much sense as your statement.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

-St George
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:42 am

Euronion wrote:
-St George wrote:So what if it's required reading? Education about LGBT is the only fucking way to stop climates developing that make it seem ok to repeat what happened to Matthew Shepard.

not true, we have education in our health classes, and gay speakers, all of which have opt-out programs, A so-called survey was done at a school of 2,700 students who tried the sort of thing claifornis is proposing, apparantly 300 students reported positive changes, but there is a problem, there were no controls as to indicate what exactly brought the changes, and the survey was completely anonymous and available over the internet for download, which basically means that same person or same groups of people could take duplicate surveys, and the children who were taking the survey, as in collecting data, all had strong ties with gay-activist and gay-rights groups before and at the time of the survey. If it were a scientific study it would be shot down immediately but homosexuals are trying to use the survey for all its flaws to pass legislation. There are LGBT clubs on high school campuses, there are counseling programs, and with zero tolerance policy in our schools anyone who uses the word faggot is in a huge amount of trouble. Also, hostile climates do not form just because of lack of education but also from society, anyone who does not like gays or who is a person who beleives it is against their religion to be gay will not take kindly to pro-homosexual rhetoric being stuffed down their 5 year old child's throat. Parents have a right to decide what they do and do not want their child to learn, Thrusting a forced education system upon people who feel it is against their religion will only breed resentment, like affirmative action, it has breed resentment between whites/asains against minorities.

Then they are free to remove their children from school, if they wish to teach them bigotry.

And the resentment comes from ignorance, nothing more.
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General