NATION

PASSWORD

The Food Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favorite orange food/beverage? [Suggested by Ineva]

Oranges or similar orange citrus
4
36%
Cheddar cheese
1
9%
Salmon
4
36%
Papaya
0
No votes
Pumpkins
1
9%
Yams or sweet potato
1
9%
Apricots
0
No votes
Carrots
0
No votes
Fanta
0
No votes
Other (Note that things which come from the above are included in them)
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 11

User avatar
Lothria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1152
Founded: Apr 08, 2023
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lothria » Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:31 am

Unogonduria wrote:
Jolthig wrote:You must.

I don't know man, I'm afraid it will make me feel more alive and will eventually make me addicted to it

I'll load up on coffee throughout the workday, just so I could power through it. But I've never really struggled with caffeine addiction - it can be addictive, of course, but I've found the energy worth the risk when it comes to something I don't think is commonly life-disrupting
THE KINGDOM OF THE LOTHS
"My hands are cold and calloused, but my heart is on fire."

The Gaunt - The Hanged Gods - The Black Wing Cavalry - The House of Gaunt - Q&A
Delusional, miserable pile of secrets, hoser, OOC Factbook, Discord: tachanka_
This nation doesn't represent my real political views, except for when it does
Sorcery is the sauce fools spoon over failure to hide the flavour of their own incompetence.

User avatar
La Xinga
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6994
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La Xinga » Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:36 am

Ineva wrote:
La Xinga wrote:so
um
who has beautifully original ideas for a poll

In the spirit of October, favorite orange food?

done'd.

User avatar
Marenmia-Ocasia
Senator
 
Posts: 4452
Founded: Mar 19, 2026
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marenmia-Ocasia » Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:38 am

I wouldn’t consider Fanta a food, it’s a beverage.

Anyways, just had some delicious pho at this hole-in-the-wall place.
Not always the biggest fan of Vietnamese food, but this was pretty good.

Sadly, I forgot to get a picture. :(
Last edited by Marenmia-Ocasia on Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
he/him or they/them, use either, I don’t really care
NS stats have been peacefully retired and given pension
factbooks will be updated created in around ~2083
Proudly AroAce for two years now :3, Social Democrat. 21, college senior for Political Science, Bay Stater, Demimale/Demiboy, extroverted, 6’1. I’m not really overly religious; I am Presbyterian Christian. Second generation Korean-American. Recently benched 225, new goal at 250. s l e e p d e p r i v e d
WA delegate and Vice President of Ensio!

User avatar
DutchFormosa
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6368
Founded: Feb 11, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DutchFormosa » Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:53 am

It's a close call between pumpkins and salmon for me. But considering it's Autumn (or almost), I went with pumpkins
IC wiki
OOC info
============

User avatar
Lothria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1152
Founded: Apr 08, 2023
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lothria » Mon Oct 05, 2026 12:22 pm

My mom makes a really good sweet potato pie, but that's really the only form I like my sweet potatoes in. Pumpkin-related foods are good, but I associate them very closely with Thanksgiving, and I don't really seek them out at other points in the year. But salmon is my ol' reliable. It very rarely lets me down, and I've no issue eating it at any point in the year
THE KINGDOM OF THE LOTHS
"My hands are cold and calloused, but my heart is on fire."

The Gaunt - The Hanged Gods - The Black Wing Cavalry - The House of Gaunt - Q&A
Delusional, miserable pile of secrets, hoser, OOC Factbook, Discord: tachanka_
This nation doesn't represent my real political views, except for when it does
Sorcery is the sauce fools spoon over failure to hide the flavour of their own incompetence.

User avatar
Aaeris
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Oct 02, 2026
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Aaeris » Mon Oct 05, 2026 12:28 pm

I used to be a mcdonaldsite but then i tried whataburger and my life was forever changed

User avatar
La Xinga
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6994
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La Xinga » Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:41 pm

Marenmia-Ocasia wrote:I wouldn’t consider Fanta a food, it’s a beverage.

fine i'll edit the poll
Kerplop!
funi RMB

User avatar
Mettaton-EX
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1911
Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mettaton-EX » Mon Oct 05, 2026 6:36 pm

i feel like red lentils count as an orange food even though they're less orangey when cooked. anyways those are an absolute staple
THIS ROBOT IS TRANS | AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT | هٰذه الآلة تعزف الموسيقى الشعبية
(prefer it/its but any pronouns are acceptable)

нам ненавистны тиранов короны / цепи народа-страдальца мы чтим!

User avatar
Cerespasia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7486
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:11 am

One time, Mom and I got salmon fillets, we made salmon steaks out of them with just butter, salt and pepper over a griddle pan.

I would love to eat salmon again.
Last edited by Cerespasia on Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
CERES (or Occidentia) IS BACK!

NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55A2 Battle Rifle.

Current Standardized year: 2433 A.S. | Current Post-Birth Year: 2016 A.B.


Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austroguinea, Cole Whyte-Gurney, Crimsica, Eieryn, Kuromistan, Port Carverton, Punctured Hopes, RuskiuKazakstan 007456, Slembana, The Boggest Place on Earth, The Notorious Mad Jack, Valyxias

Advertisement

Remove ads