NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics: New Precedents for Presidential Debates

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Will Biden's Reticence in Supporting Israel Cost Him The Election?

Yes
28%
No
40%
I Don't Know
24%
Other
7%

Total votes : 137

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:41 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:
Well, DeSantis is term limited anyway:

Section 5 of the Florida Constitution states that, for a person to serve as governor, they must:

Be at least thirty years old;
Be a permanent resident of Florida for at least seven years;
Not have served as governor for six years or more of the two prior terms.

So he will be replaced regardless though who remains to be seen but I would feel the Republican has the upper hand given how Florida has turned into a redder State.

Considering this is the same guy who got a bill through the state cong that allowed him to run for president while he was till governor, I'm surprised he hasn't tried to abolish term limits and elections too.

... I just gave someone an idea, didn't I.

Well, I'm sure if he tried to do that, and succeeded, that it would probably hit his popularity more so.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:46 am

Phobos Drilling and Manufacturing wrote:My question is, is the Trump bible in any way different from the standard King James Bible?

Did it fuck with the text more or less than the “Queen James Bible”

Trump's bible removed one chapter...

Exodus 20:14 Thou shall not commit adultery.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:59 am

Do you want a job at the RNC? Great! We're looking to hire despite laying off dozens of people. Here's what interviewees have said that process has been like: “Was the 2020 election stolen?” “What [do you] believe should be done on 'election integrity' in 2024?” and if they are hired, they must relocate to Mar-A-Lago. Senior Trump advisors are reportedly the ones asking these questions too. And the RNC didn't deny it either:

“Candidates who worked on the front line in battleground states or are currently in states where fraud allegations have been prevalent were asked about their work experience. We want experienced staff with meaningful views on how elections are won and lost and real experience-based opinions about what happens in the trenches,” RNC spokeswoman Danielle Alvarez told CNN.

Basically, it sounds like a litmus test to get hired, and a way to drive away talent...

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein

Emotional Support Crocodile
Senator

Founded: Jun 06, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Emotional Support Crocodile » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:14 pm

Zurkerx wrote:Do you want a job at the RNC? Great! We're looking to hire despite laying off dozens of people. Here's what interviewees have said that process has been like: “Was the 2020 election stolen?” “What [do you] believe should be done on 'election integrity' in 2024?” and if they are hired, they must relocate to Mar-A-Lago. Senior Trump advisors are reportedly the ones asking these questions too. And the RNC didn't deny it either:

“Candidates who worked on the front line in battleground states or are currently in states where fraud allegations have been prevalent were asked about their work experience. We want experienced staff with meaningful views on how elections are won and lost and real experience-based opinions about what happens in the trenches,” RNC spokeswoman Danielle Alvarez told CNN.

Basically, it sounds like a litmus test to get hired, and a way to drive away talent...

It is kind of fascinating watching Trump destroy the Republican Party.
Just another surprising item on the bagging scale of life

Only 10 minutes to save the West... but I could murder a pint

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality can feel like oppression

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 pm

Zurkerx wrote:Do you want a job at the RNC? Great! We're looking to hire despite laying off dozens of people. Here's what interviewees have said that process has been like: “Was the 2020 election stolen?” “What [do you] believe should be done on 'election integrity' in 2024?” and if they are hired, they must relocate to Mar-A-Lago. Senior Trump advisors are reportedly the ones asking these questions too. And the RNC didn't deny it either:

The RNC is entirely just taken over at this point, isn't it? And I don't think it will do them any good downballot whatsoever.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:33 pm

Corrian wrote:

The RNC is entirely just taken over at this point, isn't it? And I don't think it will do them any good downballot whatsoever.

That do nothing congress is doomed anyway. If they concede most of that soon enough they might be able to snag a few wins with in-state races.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:07 pm

Emotional Support Crocodile wrote:

Oh it is though it remains to be seen whether that will come to fruition. But with the RNC’s fundraising deeper in the hole than it looks, it's possible Trump may financially ruin the RNC and Republican, possible damage that can effect them for years.

Corrian wrote:

It is and for those down ballot, they should be deeply worried. Not that Republicans will keep the House, but this will hurt them, especially since several State parties are struggling financially; Senate Candidates may not get hit as hard. That said, the lack of money will hurt them in the beginning for the ground game.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:13 pm

Also, if it wasn't clear that Trump is vowing to go after his enemies, it should be clear now: Trump and his allies are cooking up novel legal schemes to target Letitia James. This would likely include other people should he win the White House. One of the methods include sending the DOJ after James for Election Interference:

Behind the scenes, various lawyers in the MAGA upper crust — including several close to the former president — have been crafting specific, novel legal schemes that a Justice Department could use to go after the New York prosecutor, three people familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone. One such proposal, two sources say, would involve accusing James of attempting to illegally interfere in the 2024 presidential race — an argument that would certainly be rich coming from Trump, who has been indicted at the federal and state levels over his attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

In recent months, according to two of the sources, a number of legal theories and plans of attack against James have been briefed to Trump, the presumptive 2024 GOP presidential nominee, who has privately responded approvingly, sometimes enthusiastically. In some instances, the ex-president has been emphatic that these kinds of prosecutions need to happen in order to restore a sense of so-called “law and order” in New York and the rest of the United States, one source familiar with the situation recalls.

So, as we should say, Trump's idea of law and order is basically him seeking revenge.

Valles Marineris Mining co
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valles Marineris Mining co » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:17 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Phobos Drilling and Manufacturing wrote:My question is, is the Trump bible in any way different from the standard King James Bible?

Never heard of the Queen James Bible before, huh.

It’s the Bible, but Twitter fucked with it to make it gay.

I’m not joking, it’s a real thing you can buy and it’s an insult to Christianity.
main account, alt is Phobos Drilling and Manufacturing
þ=th
Class 0.66 civilization according to this -> viewtopic.php?f=23&t=453617
“Free will is a myth, religion is a joke. We are all pawns controlled by something greater: Memes, the DNA of the soul. They shape our will. They are the culture. They are everything we pass on. Expose someone to anger long enough, they will learn to hate. They become a carrier. Envy, greed, despair; all memes, all passed along.” -Monsoon

“In wilds beyond they speak your name with reverence and regret,
For none could tame our savage souls yet you the challenge met,
Under palest watch, you taught, we changed, base instincts were redeemed,
A world you gave to bug and beast as they had never dreamed.“ -Monomon the Teacher

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:18 pm

Zurkerx wrote:

Sad to say but there's no doubt in my mind after all these years the GOP is ...The Thing That Couldn't Die.

Minister

Postby Valles Marineris Mining co » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:18 pm

Caurus wrote:

I looked it up. According to the website https://godblesstheusabible.com/?sld=trump, Trump's version is the large print King James Bible with the following additions:

-Handwritten chorus to “God Bless The USA” by Lee Greenwood
-The US Constitution
-The Bill of Rights
-The Declaration of Independence
-The Pledge of Allegiance

I would have thought that maybe it'd use the Scofield Reference Bible as a basis since, from what I understand, many of the Evangelical supporters of Trump rationalize his "holiness" through the lens of Dispensantionalism. I'll let the Presbyterian Minister John Wick Bowman sum up my thoughts on that: "the most dangerous heresy current to be found within Christian circles".

Bruh. This sounds like some shit you would see in Helldivers 2/starship troopers lmao.

I mean from what you said it seems like its more accurate to the original bible Than the “Queen James Bible” lmao.
Last edited by Valles Marineris Mining co on Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
þ=th
“Free will is a myth, religion is a joke. We are all pawns controlled by something greater: Memes, the DNA of the soul. They shape our will. They are the culture. They are everything we pass on. Expose someone to anger long enough, they will learn to hate. They become a carrier. Envy, greed, despair; all memes, all passed along.” -Monsoon

A world you gave to bug and beast as they had never dreamed.“ -Monomon the Teacher

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 pm

Zurkerx wrote:Also, if it wasn't clear that Trump is vowing to go after his enemies, it should be clear now: Trump and his allies are cooking up novel legal schemes to target Letitia James. This would likely include other people should he win the White House. One of the methods include sending the DOJ after James for Election Interference:

Behind the scenes, various lawyers in the MAGA upper crust — including several close to the former president — have been crafting specific, novel legal schemes that a Justice Department could use to go after the New York prosecutor, three people familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone. One such proposal, two sources say, would involve accusing James of attempting to illegally interfere in the 2024 presidential race — an argument that would certainly be rich coming from Trump, who has been indicted at the federal and state levels over his attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

In recent months, according to two of the sources, a number of legal theories and plans of attack against James have been briefed to Trump, the presumptive 2024 GOP presidential nominee, who has privately responded approvingly, sometimes enthusiastically. In some instances, the ex-president has been emphatic that these kinds of prosecutions need to happen in order to restore a sense of so-called “law and order” in New York and the rest of the United States, one source familiar with the situation recalls.

So, as we should say, Trump's idea of law and order is basically him seeking revenge.

Not surprised. As Trump’s sister said on that tape. He has always been a cruel and vindictive man.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Tarsonis
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarsonis » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 pm

Apparently nobody over there read Faust
NS Keyboard Warrior since 2005
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Thucydides: “The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
1 Corinthians 5:12 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"
Galatians 6:7 "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:41 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:Also, if it wasn't clear that Trump is vowing to go after his enemies, it should be clear now: Trump and his allies are cooking up novel legal schemes to target Letitia James. This would likely include other people should he win the White House. One of the methods include sending the DOJ after James for Election Interference:

Not surprised. As Trump’s sister said on that tape. He has always been a cruel and vindictive man.

Trump's bible need only feature the Old Testament.

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:09 pm

I was going to make a joke about prosecuting public corruption being called novel, but it actually is; so go ahead and cook.
Last edited by Haganham on Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:26 pm

Tarsonis wrote:

Too many words and too many big words.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:33 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:

Too many words and too many big words.

Saddest of all it's not available on a Fisher-Price See 'n Say

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:36 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Are you implying Trump is secretly Jewish?

Minister

Postby Valles Marineris Mining co » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:39 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

That would be a massive plot twist
þ=th

Port Carverton
Minister

Founded: Sep 27, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Postby Port Carverton » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:40 pm

Valles Marineris Mining co wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:

That would be a massive plot twist

What would it change?

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:42 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

He's talks Old Testament smack.

Temple of the computer2
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 21, 2024
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Temple of the computer2 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:43 pm

some dude who was Al Gore's VP vice president pick has died.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:43 pm

James Comer explains what his impeachment inquiry failed.

Garland’s working with the Deep State who’s working with the liberal mainstream media to try to indoctrinate into people’s minds that there’s no evidence”.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/comer-spi ... nst-biden/

Minister

Postby Valles Marineris Mining co » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:45 pm

Port Carverton wrote:
Valles Marineris Mining co wrote:That would be a massive plot twist

What would it change?

I mean the bacon cheeseburger he eats daily definite isn’t kosher, has pork and it has dairy with meat.
þ=th

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:46 pm

Temple of the computer2 wrote:some dude who was Al Gore's VP vice president pick has died.

That “some dude” was Joe Lieberman.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General