NATION

PASSWORD

The War on Christmas...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hossaim
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hossaim » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Demontiania wrote:You bastard! There are kids on here! What's your problem!? Cmon Santa is just something to make kids happy. If you don't buy it, keep it to yourself. If you has believed in something your whole life, like watermelons, and then someone made some post online about how everyone older than you already knew that watermelons were myth, how would you feel? I would be devastated. Samewith pokemons. I was pretty disappointed when I realized they weren't real.

umm, nobody under 13 is allowed on the forums. if your 13 and over and believe in Santa, i would suggest (with no flame intended) that you grow up a little?
Hossaim Family of F7
Nicolas Hossaim (Headmaster of Waverly Academy)
Jamie Hossaim (wife of Nicolas Hossaim)
Steven Hossaim (Son of Nicolas Hossaim, Court Wizard of Castle Talos)
Mark Hossaim (Son of Nicolas Hossaim, Necromancer at F7 Graveyard)

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Hossaim wrote:
Demontiania wrote:You bastard! There are kids on here! What's your problem!? Cmon Santa is just something to make kids happy. If you don't buy it, keep it to yourself. If you has believed in something your whole life, like watermelons, and then someone made some post online about how everyone older than you already knew that watermelons were myth, how would you feel? I would be devastated. Samewith pokemons. I was pretty disappointed when I realized they weren't real.

umm, nobody under 13 is allowed on the forums. if your 13 and over and believe in Santa, i would suggest (with no flame intended) that you grow up a little?

I find that offensive, if people can demand noone insult Muhammed, I think it's perfectly reasonable if I demand noone insult Santa. >:(

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Hossaim wrote:umm, nobody under 13 is allowed on the forums. if your 13 and over and believe in Santa, i would suggest (with no flame intended) that you grow up a little?

I find that offensive, if people can demand noone insult Muhammed, I think it's perfectly reasonable if I demand noone insult Santa. >:(

People can demand no one insults Muhammed, but most other people don't listen. I'm willing to bet there are many people on the forum that would insult Muhammed, merely to get a rise out of someone.

So demand no one insults Santa all you want. I'm still always going to call him Satan!!! :p
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:No, Santa is a badass motherfucker who kicks ass.

And chews gum.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Gagatron
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Gagatron » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:54 pm

There's no war on Christmas. Go home.
God, I want to dream again,
Take me where I've never been.
I wanna go there,
This time I'm not scared.
Music, love, peace, joy, history, religion, foreign cultures, foreign language, philosophy, debating, etc.

Zilam wrote:It always strikes me funny when people always complain "If God is good, why does he allow evil to exist"....Yet when God destroys every evil person in a flood, its a bad thing.

All sin is deserving of death.

Demontiania
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Demontiania » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:01 pm

Scientific socks wrote:

what kind of irresponsible parent would allow the kid of a Santa believing age onto a heavy political forum without supervision? This forum clearly contains Adult themes

If there is one I suggest you blame the negligent parents

but still. you just dont post stuff about santa online. thats like an unwritten rule. that has obviously been broken here :P

Qatarab
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Qatarab » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Demontiania wrote:
Scientific socks wrote:
what kind of irresponsible parent would allow the kid of a Santa believing age onto a heavy political forum without supervision? This forum clearly contains Adult themes

If there is one I suggest you blame the negligent parents

but still. you just dont post stuff about santa online. thats like an unwritten rule. that has obviously been broken here :P

Everything gets said online...the World Wide Web is just an anarchist society...
I RP With:MT(5 billion) and FT(25 Billion)[may change]
Factbook
Neo Arcad wrote:
Qatarab wrote:Where's my torch? Time to burn some courts down.

Oh, you crazy Muslim you!

German Dragons
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby German Dragons » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:55 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Hossaim wrote:umm, nobody under 13 is allowed on the forums. if your 13 and over and believe in Santa, i would suggest (with no flame intended) that you grow up a little?

Because both dont exist, right?

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Santa does exist... and he's coming for you...

Last edited by Tekania on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Such heroic nonsense!

Demen
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Demen » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:13 pm

So... wait.

I believe that if we can't tell our children about Santa, a loving fat old man, we should drop God too, right?

They're both lies, ya know.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:13 pm

United Dependencies wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:No, Santa is a badass motherfucker who kicks ass.

And chews gum.

and he's all out of gum.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Tekania wrote:Santa does exist... and he's coming for you...

I fucking LOVE Santa Slay! That is the best Holiday movie EVER!

Nicholas Yuleson: The clock just struck midnight at the pole. Christmas is officially over for you, Santa!
Santa Claus: You know, most people make the same mistake. The correct time at the pole is completely discretionary, because the poles are where all the time zones actually converge.
Mary "Mac" Mackenzie: He's scary, yet educational.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:17 pm

well if we're going to discuss favorite santa stories the david sedaris discussion of dutch santa is not to be missed.

the "video" (no need to watch, its not sedaris) starts in a non christmas place but it is well worth waiting for the clash of cultures to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbJpRLhaSqs

there are 3 parts and its worth every one.
whatever

Zutroy
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Zutroy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:44 pm

To hell with Santa. I wan't raised on that BS and nobody else should be either.
"The war of the poor against the rich will be the bloodiest ever waged."
- F. Engels, 1845

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
SaintB wrote:My rifle company recently decimated a Secret Elf workshop were we believe they were working on toys! Can you imagine the devastation if those toys got into the hands of children?

Weapons of Mass Enjoyment must be destroyed to preserve freedomz. We will hang every elf from the rafters and make this Santa Claus pay for his crimes against Humanity. We will not stop until we have erected a, "Mission Accomplished!" banner that or we all die trying.

I heard Norad gave firing solutions for the ABM weapon. That sleigh is history.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Hossaim
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hossaim » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:46 pm

Ashmoria wrote:well if we're going to discuss favorite santa stories the david sedaris discussion of dutch santa is not to be missed.

the "video" (no need to watch, its not sedaris) starts in a non christmas place but it is well worth waiting for the clash of cultures to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbJpRLhaSqs

there are 3 parts and its worth every one.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

what kinda Santa spends his time pretending to kick people and then put them into bags.
Hossaim Family of F7
Nicolas Hossaim (Headmaster of Waverly Academy)
Jamie Hossaim (wife of Nicolas Hossaim)
Steven Hossaim (Son of Nicolas Hossaim, Court Wizard of Castle Talos)
Mark Hossaim (Son of Nicolas Hossaim, Necromancer at F7 Graveyard)

Herminia
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herminia » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Zutroy wrote:To @#!*% with Santa. I wan't raised on that BS and nobody else should be either.

Of course, what can be expected from a Communist? :P
No, in RL, I'm not a Nazi, I'm just an ordinary guy who knows the true politics behind it.
New Nicksyllvania wrote:Long live the Empire! A thousand Huzzahs for Herminia, and may our most esteemed Chancellor, the handsome devil, die a most noble and courageous death soon!

Canadai wrote:Seeing that, in a modern setting, scares the @#!*% out of me.

I have to say, you're by far the best at RPing a modern Nazi nation I've seen. Right down to the national motto.

in Herminia, gays are given the honour of executing communists

you truly are an enlightened nation

Zis nation has elements of magic, oppressed Nichtmenschen, and Nazi Super Science, zere is no realism with me

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:48 pm

I regularly terrorize a local village by breaking into their houses and stealing their presents/decorations/foodstuffs/etc..

I have a heart condition, you see.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Innsmothe
Senator

Founded: Sep 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Geniasis wrote:I regularly terrorize a local village by breaking into their houses and stealing their presents/decorations/foodstuffs/etc..

I have a heart condition, you see.

Not having a heart is a severe condition indeed. :lol2:
ان الذي فشل لقتلي فقط يجعلني غريب
"an aledy feshel leqtely feqt yej'eleny gheryeb"
Ronald Reagan: "Well, what do you believe in? Do you want to abolish the rich?"
Olof Palme, the Prime Minister of Sweden: "No, I want to abolish the poor."

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:56 pm

I think that as long as people are being generous, kind, etc that it doesn't matter why they're celebrating christmas.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

South Norwega
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Gagatron wrote:There's no war on Christmas. Go home.

That's just what the Anti-Chirstmas Leagues say!
Worship the great Gordon Brown!
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Please sig this.

Jedi 999 wrote:the fact is the british colonised the british

Plains Nations wrote:the god of NS

Trippoli wrote:This here guy, is smart.

Second Placing: Sarzonian Indoor Gridball Cup

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:58 pm

I am of course on the Heathen side, fighting against the Christian. Today we have made movement up north, but the Christians has put in a stronghold up the path. We plan to storm the stronghold tomorrow. WE WILL WIN THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS! :D

Coccygia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Coccygia » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:59 pm

YES! DEATH TO THE GALILEAN CHILD! :twisted:
"Nobody deserves anything. You get what you get." - House
"Hope is for sissies." - House
“Qokedy qokedy dal qokedy qokedy." - The Voynich Manuscript
"We're not ordinary people - we're morons!" - Jerome Horwitz
"A book, any book, is a sacred object." - Jorge Luis Borges
"I am a survivor. I am like a cockroach, you just can't get rid of me." - Madonna

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:02 pm

Coccygia wrote:YES! DEATH TO THE GALILEAN CHILD! :twisted:

Put the rotting cow corpse onto the catapult and fire at will!

Innsmothe
Senator

Founded: Sep 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Coccygia wrote:YES! DEATH TO THE GALILEAN CHILD! :twisted:

Usually I have qualms with killing children.
But fortunately he is eternal and thus is old and young at the same time, or something stupid like that.
ان الذي فشل لقتلي فقط يجعلني غريب
"an aledy feshel leqtely feqt yej'eleny gheryeb"
Ronald Reagan: "Well, what do you believe in? Do you want to abolish the rich?"
Olof Palme, the Prime Minister of Sweden: "No, I want to abolish the poor."

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General