NATION

PASSWORD

APNM Asks: Should We Abolish America?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:54 pm

Punished UMN wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:But how is frying the South going to solve problems? What if the rest of the South gets fried, too?

As the notable General-Secretary from the sweet state of Georgia once said: "Death solves all problems. If there's no man, there's no problem."

Technically, they're correct...

(Sorry if I was being a jerk earlier...)
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

My Political Fantasy
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby My Political Fantasy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:26 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:But how is frying the South going to solve problems? What if the rest of the South gets fried, too?

People's sense of self-worth will improve temporarily.
A combination of the neutrality of Switzerland, the military capabilities of Israel, and the authoritarian governance of Russia.
I like to complain about bad governments are people halfway across the world, but I prefer that anyone except me deal with them.
The official themesong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbkqE4fpvdI

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:36 pm

My Political Fantasy wrote:
I don't really care about his deluded fantasy of the United States collapsing like the USSR. The United States is MUCH different than the USSR.
Rather irrelevant.

First of all, the United States has one primary language which is English while the primary language of the Soviet Union was Russian, but in the Soviet's case only around half of the population spoke the lingua franca.
Not even remotely close to being true. The majority of non-Russians could speak Russian and evidently so could 100% of Russians who made up more than half the population themselves. In 1989 there were ~285 million people in the Soviet Union and ~230 million of them could speak Russian. Meanwhile in the US, English as a first language has been steadily decreasing from near 90% in the early 2000's to around 75% today.
There isn't really that much ethnic division like in the United States where the main cultural difference is based on race.
...Which is a major division and there is a ton of ethnic divisions in the US. Hell, there is the whole hyphenated American shenanigans and incredibly strong regional identities. There is even currently a low level ethnic cleansing campaign being conducted by some Latino street gangs against black Americans. https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-ramona-hate-crime-20160707-snap-story.html https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304906004576371823857839048

Second, the Soviet Union had a border stetching from Finland to China. The United States had two weak neighbors which don't pose any threat to it and surround by two large oceans. The heart of the Soviet Union rested on the North European Plain which meant that it had to spend a large amount of its resources on its military.
The US spends an incredible amount of its resources and political capital in support of its military. Further, just because one is surrounded by weak neighbours does not mean it cannot internally collapse in on itself. Just look at China's history.

Third, the Soviet economy was so crappy that the only good thing it could produce was military goods. The rest of the world didn't want to buy goods from the Soviets because the products they made were shoddy. The Soviet economy was very closed off from the rest of the world market and tried to sustain itself by cutting itself off from the world market.
At this point you're just pulling little tid bits in the hope that it comes across as a coherent case. When I used the Soviet Union as an example, I used it in the context of people saying I wanted to commit a genocide. Many Americans wished for the dissolution of the Soviet Union and many still consider it a good thing without it being genocidal.
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:37 pm

Though support for the dissolution for the USSR is still rather apt because a lot of Americans, even those further to the left, would consider it a net benefit to the world as it stopped being a threat to other countries. This is despite the absolute hellscape and economic problems it caused in the region, something which many of them still haven't recovered from.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:39 pm

Punished UMN wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:Does this mean you're fine if the American South suffers?

Yes, Dixie must suffer to become the barren, lifeless wasteland she was always meant to be.

Sherman MomentTM
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:43 pm

Aequalitatis ac Libertatis wrote:Short answer: No

Long answer: Hell no

Longer answer: If one wants to kill America, they also want

1: The death of over three hundred million people
2: All the history of America, among it universally loved people like Einstein and MLK, completely gone
3: The values of the revolution, those being liberty, equality, democracy, and unity, to fail and be seen as worthless
4: A return of the British Empire at full force, ruling every inch of this world by a supposed divine right
5: The complete destruction of Vietnam, Venezuela, Liberia, Haiti, Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, and many other nations
6: A shot through the heart for Russia, China, Cuba, and France

If we had no America, this whole world would be hell, no matter how bad our government's been.

This post is entirely nonsensical.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:43 pm

The Marlborough wrote:Though support for the dissolution for the USSR is still rather apt because a lot of Americans, even those further to the left, would consider it a net benefit to the world as it stopped being a threat to other countries. This is despite the absolute hellscape and economic problems it caused in the region, something which many of them still haven't recovered from.

Not really.

Most merely want to alter our foreign policy (sometimes involves military withdrawals), and institute reforms, not dissolve the country itself.

Like #CalexitTM, they are a fringe.
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
San Lumen wrote:If he wins Harris should tear up his ballots on the house floor causing a constitutional crisis.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:44 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:
The Marlborough wrote:Though support for the dissolution for the USSR is still rather apt because a lot of Americans, even those further to the left, would consider it a net benefit to the world as it stopped being a threat to other countries. This is despite the absolute hellscape and economic problems it caused in the region, something which many of them still haven't recovered from.

Not really.

Most merely want to alter our foreign policy (sometimes involves military withdrawals), and institute reforms, not dissolve the country itself.

I was talking about the dissolution of the USSR and the support that historical event gets from Americans.
Last edited by The Marlborough on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:45 pm

The Marlborough wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:Not really.

I was talking about the dissolution of the USSR and the support that historical event gets from Americans.

ah
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
San Lumen wrote:If he wins Harris should tear up his ballots on the house floor causing a constitutional crisis.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

My Political Fantasy
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby My Political Fantasy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:47 pm

I would consider it a net benefit for another reason other than ideological, at least it gave the United States a reason to maintain and expand its military capabilities rather than having a basically non-existent force before WW2
A combination of the neutrality of Switzerland, the military capabilities of Israel, and the authoritarian governance of Russia.
I like to complain about bad governments are people halfway across the world, but I prefer that anyone except me deal with them.
The official themesong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbkqE4fpvdI

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:45 pm

One could argue that the fear which Americans instinctually seem to have of large numbers of immigrants stems from the United States' widespread and historical usage of filibustering to undermine the sovereignty of its neighbors in preparation for annexation.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:58 pm

Punished UMN wrote:One could argue that the fear which Americans instinctually seem to have of large numbers of immigrants stems from the United States' widespread and historical usage of filibustering to undermine the sovereignty of its neighbors in preparation for annexation.

man we should bring this back only without the consent of the federal government
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Cordel One
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:10 pm

2: All the history of America, among it universally loved people like Einstein and MLK, completely gone
3: The values of the revolution, those being liberty, equality, democracy, and unity, to fail and be seen as worthless
4: A return of the British Empire at full force, ruling every inch of this world by a supposed divine right
5: The complete destruction of Vietnam, Venezuela, Liberia, Haiti, Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, and many other nations

If we had no America, this whole world would be hell, no matter how bad our government's been.

What now

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:38 pm

Cordel One wrote:

What now

I know you hate the country, but don't attempt to get on the (now mod removed) OP's good graces. He hates all Americans as a people, and that no doubt includes you.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:52 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Cordel One wrote:What now

I know you hate the country, but don't attempt to get on the (now mod removed) OP's good graces. He hates all Americans as a people, and that no doubt includes you.

That's not the point, the point is that the post quoted is just dumb, as OT pointed out.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:29 pm

Punished UMN wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:I know you hate the country, but don't attempt to get on the (now mod removed) OP's good graces. He hates all Americans as a people, and that no doubt includes you.

That's not the point, the point is that the post quoted is just dumb, as OT pointed out.

What I posted was just general advice, not a rehabilitation of any particular post.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Holocene Extinction

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:36 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Cordel One wrote:What now

I have many friends from America.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:09 pm

The Marlborough wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:I know you hate the country, but don't attempt to get on the (now mod removed) OP's good graces. He hates all Americans as a people, and that no doubt includes you.

I don't hate America - some of my good friends are American!
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:14 pm

The Marlborough wrote:

"I'm not racist, I have black friends!"
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:33 pm

The Marlborough wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:Not really.

Well I for one consider the collapse of the USSR to be a mistake considering the short term and long term effects. Even to this day I'd prefer a USSR the was reformed by Gorbachev than the current, fractured, warring states (except the Baltics which have gotten American protection) led by strongmen dictators.

The logic for the US is no different. Again, splitting one of the largest economies in the world would create serious economic issues for the world, which still relies on America. It'd be like splitting up China, except instead of removing a large producer we'd be removing a large consumer.

Also, it's funny how you confuse Americans ignoring/forgetting about Canada for Americans not respecting and wanting to invade Canada. Always ready to twist America into the villain, eh?
Last edited by Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire on Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a master at arguing right after I hit "submit"

Veni, Vidi, Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:37 pm

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire wrote:
The Marlborough wrote:I was talking about the dissolution of the USSR and the support that historical event gets from Americans.

Well I for one consider the collapse of the USSR to be a mistake considering the short term and long term effects. Even to this day I'd prefer a USSR the was reformed by Gorbachev than the current, fractured, warring states (except the Baltics which have gotten American protection) led by strongmen dictators.

The logic for the US is no different. Again, splitting one of the largest economies in the world would create serious economic issues for the world, which still relies on America. It'd be like splitting up China, except instead of removing a large producer we'd be removing a large consumer.

Also, it's funny how you confuse Americans ignoring/forgetting about Canada for Americans not respecting and wanting to invade Canada. Always ready to twist America into the villain, eh?

I agree with this. The USSR was better together. What needed to end was the gulags and the KGB having the power to bypass the criminal justice system and disappear dissidents. In other words, a democratic USSR.

Holocene Extinction

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:44 pm

Punished UMN wrote:One could argue that the fear which Americans instinctually seem to have of large numbers of immigrants stems from the United States' widespread and historical usage of filibustering to undermine the sovereignty of its neighbors in preparation for annexation.

I think fear of immigrants is something which is almost universal.

And most Americans don't even know what filibustering was.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:08 am

Picairn wrote:What is it with people proposing genocidal ideas like abolition of countries popping up in NSG lately? First Nekostan, and now Marlborough.

Abolition of China is not genocidal. I don’t know where you got that idea from. Azerbaijan abolishing the Nargono-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast or Soviet abolition of Chechen ASSR did correlate with (attempted) genocide though since they were clearly meant to be something more than political change.

I have not seen the OP so I do not know whether their proposal is genocidal.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Queen: Sarah IV (House of Moshel)
Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
Cats rule; dogs drool; Israel rocks; China sucks.
Abolish China and save lives.
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commanders
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commanders » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:10 am

as long as we get free Cascadia I'm happy
rabid anti authoritarian + social don't care-ist

United Chinese Communes
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United Chinese Communes » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:27 am

I consider the dissolution of the US to be a net good not just for the rest of the world, but potentially for Americans themselves. The United States is increasingly dysfunctional and schizophrenic as the partisan divide grows and drags the country in opposite directions. The abolition of the US could allow for people to form new communities more suited to their belief systems than existing society, thus negating any perceived need for political violence. Mind you, I admit that this is a rather far-fetched and utopian proposal, but it would be nice if it worked.
|★ ☭ ★ United Chinese Communes ★ ☭ ★|
The East is Red!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General