NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics Impeachment: 2 fast? No, we're 2 furious

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Cordel One
Senator
 
Posts: 4523
Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Cordel One » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:58 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Nousa wrote:
No, honestly. There was no reason for American involvement in WWII, or World War I for that matter.


World War I-no. WWII-Yes. We were attacked by the Japanese at Pearl Harbor. We had reason to attack Japan. I don't think we had justification to attack Germany though.

In WWI? Not so much. In WWII? The Nazis were the foot soldiers of a Jew-hatin', mass murderin' maniac and they needed to be dee-stroyed.
Last edited by Cordel One on Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leftie and brunch interrupter
Pro: leftism, the Paris Commune, neozapatism. communism, anarchism, Marxism, antifascism, choice, the environment, LGBTQ rights, minority rights, direct democracy, universal healthcare, open borders, labor unions, debating, my comrades

Anti: bourgeoisie, rightism, fascism, capitalism, liberalism, racism, sexism, xenophobia, the police, military industrial complex, imperialism, USA, PRC, overused talking points
Open to TGs - Please join my region the DankLeft Commune!

User avatar
Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20761
Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Senkaku » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:03 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Nousa wrote:
No, honestly. There was no reason for American involvement in WWII, or World War I for that matter.


World War I-no. WWII-Yes. We were attacked by the Japanese at Pearl Harbor. We had reason to attack Japan. I don't think we had justification to attack Germany though.

mfw their ally launches a surprise attack on us and they also declare war on us and they're committing genocide but we still don't have a justification to attack
haters will see you growing on a finite planet and say you can't grow infinitely

User avatar
Cordel One
Senator
 
Posts: 4523
Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Cordel One » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:08 pm

Leftie and brunch interrupter
Pro: leftism, the Paris Commune, neozapatism. communism, anarchism, Marxism, antifascism, choice, the environment, LGBTQ rights, minority rights, direct democracy, universal healthcare, open borders, labor unions, debating, my comrades

Anti: bourgeoisie, rightism, fascism, capitalism, liberalism, racism, sexism, xenophobia, the police, military industrial complex, imperialism, USA, PRC, overused talking points
Open to TGs - Please join my region the DankLeft Commune!

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 62877
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:12 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:
World War I-no. WWII-Yes. We were attacked by the Japanese at Pearl Harbor. We had reason to attack Japan. I don't think we had justification to attack Germany though.

mfw their ally launches a surprise attack on us and they also declare war on us and they're committing genocide but we still don't have a justification to attack


Really puts the Reich in Freiheit Reich.
23 years old, gay asexual, male Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results

User avatar
Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20761
Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Senkaku » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:12 pm


you've been beaten
Galloism wrote:Giuliani says he's working on Trump's impeachment defense, would argue voter fraud claims

You can’t be sentenced to death during an impeachment trial can you? Because with Rudy as the defense lawyer, I feel like that’s a possibility.


Anyways, I'm almost starting to entertain the idea that Rudy is actually an double-plus-ultra-deep-cover Democratic operative, given how many incredibly public Republican fiascos he's managed for the White House over the past year alone. I mean, hair dye melting and running down your face, and Four Seasons Landscaping, and an abortive coup attempt, and an impeachment defense? What black magic is he working to not get booted from the inner circle at this point?
haters will see you growing on a finite planet and say you can't grow infinitely

User avatar
Kowani
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34365
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:12 pm

Trump's on his way to rebuild in Florida

also, he wants $2 Billion for his presidential library and it's going to be run by Dan Scavino
read your own damn sources
Bahia Roja wrote:I think Kowani shared that news a few hours ago.
Kowáni's big list of sources, Be Kowáni for a day!
Headline of the day: Chad opposition leader’s home raided by state police, several family members killed
“Dale limona, mujer, que no hay en la vida ná, como la pena de ser, ciego en Graná”

User avatar
Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20761
Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Senkaku » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:15 pm


and what a rebuilding it will be lmao

I'm reeeeally struggling to see the man's political future at this point, much less any of his malignant whelps.

also, he wants $2 Billion for his presidential library and it's going to be run by Dan Scavino

That sounds... exactly right for him, tbh. pocket a billion, let dan scavino try to build the library w/o enough money and then take the fall for the embezzlement when the project collapses
haters will see you growing on a finite planet and say you can't grow infinitely

User avatar
Kowani
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34365
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:23 pm

A reckoning at the Lincoln Project: John Weaver, the co-founder, declared in a statement that he sent “inappropriate,” sexually charged messages to multiple men.

Image
read your own damn sources
Bahia Roja wrote:I think Kowani shared that news a few hours ago.
Kowáni's big list of sources, Be Kowáni for a day!
Headline of the day: Chad opposition leader’s home raided by state police, several family members killed
“Dale limona, mujer, que no hay en la vida ná, como la pena de ser, ciego en Graná”

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 62877
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:26 pm

Reading up on the 2022 Senate race in North Carolina already because I'm a masochist.
23 years old, gay asexual, male Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results

User avatar
Cordel One
Senator
 
Posts: 4523
Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Cordel One » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:26 pm

Leftie and brunch interrupter
Pro: leftism, the Paris Commune, neozapatism. communism, anarchism, Marxism, antifascism, choice, the environment, LGBTQ rights, minority rights, direct democracy, universal healthcare, open borders, labor unions, debating, my comrades

Anti: bourgeoisie, rightism, fascism, capitalism, liberalism, racism, sexism, xenophobia, the police, military industrial complex, imperialism, USA, PRC, overused talking points
Open to TGs - Please join my region the DankLeft Commune!

User avatar
Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20761
Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Senkaku » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Cordel One wrote:
Senkaku wrote:you've been beaten

And not by Kowani.

An even greater humiliation!

Kowani wrote:A reckoning at the Lincoln Project: John Weaver, the co-founder, declared in a statement that he sent “inappropriate,” sexually charged messages to multiple men.

(Image)

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine!
haters will see you growing on a finite planet and say you can't grow infinitely

User avatar
Cordel One
Senator
 
Posts: 4523
Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Cordel One » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:31 pm

Kowani wrote:A reckoning at the Lincoln Project: John Weaver, the co-founder, declared in a statement that he sent “inappropriate,” sexually charged messages to multiple men.

(Image)

The Lincoln Project might not support Trump but it is still cringe. I'd be happy for him coming out considering it's not easy to come out, but the inappropriate messages aren't ok no matter how repressed he is. Hopefully he's able to remain in good contact with his family.
Last edited by Cordel One on Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leftie and brunch interrupter
Pro: leftism, the Paris Commune, neozapatism. communism, anarchism, Marxism, antifascism, choice, the environment, LGBTQ rights, minority rights, direct democracy, universal healthcare, open borders, labor unions, debating, my comrades

Anti: bourgeoisie, rightism, fascism, capitalism, liberalism, racism, sexism, xenophobia, the police, military industrial complex, imperialism, USA, PRC, overused talking points
Open to TGs - Please join my region the DankLeft Commune!

User avatar
Myrensis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5028
Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:32 pm

Senkaku wrote:

you've been beaten
Galloism wrote:Giuliani says he's working on Trump's impeachment defense, would argue voter fraud claims

You can’t be sentenced to death during an impeachment trial can you? Because with Rudy as the defense lawyer, I feel like that’s a possibility.


Anyways, I'm almost starting to entertain the idea that Rudy is actually an double-plus-ultra-deep-cover Democratic operative, given how many incredibly public Republican fiascos he's managed for the White House over the past year alone. I mean, hair dye melting and running down your face, and Four Seasons Landscaping, and an abortive coup attempt, and an impeachment defense? What black magic is he working to not get booted from the inner circle at this point?


No witchcraft required, just a willingness to unquestioningly and unfailingly kiss Trump's ass and suffer any humiliation on his behalf.

Also at this point it's kind of difficult for Trump to find a lawyer willing to come within 50 feet of him.

User avatar
Kowani
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34365
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:36 pm

Cordel One wrote:
Senkaku wrote:you've been beaten

And not by Kowani.

in my defense, i've been busy today

Myrensis wrote:Also at this point it's kind of difficult for Trump to find a lawyer willing to come within 50 feet of him.
who knew not paying people for their services would come back to haunt you
read your own damn sources
Bahia Roja wrote:I think Kowani shared that news a few hours ago.
Kowáni's big list of sources, Be Kowáni for a day!
Headline of the day: Chad opposition leader’s home raided by state police, several family members killed
“Dale limona, mujer, que no hay en la vida ná, como la pena de ser, ciego en Graná”

User avatar
Kowani
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34365
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:51 pm

read your own damn sources
Bahia Roja wrote:I think Kowani shared that news a few hours ago.
Kowáni's big list of sources, Be Kowáni for a day!
Headline of the day: Chad opposition leader’s home raided by state police, several family members killed
“Dale limona, mujer, que no hay en la vida ná, como la pena de ser, ciego en Graná”

User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 71488
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:09 am

I was gonna read through the thread to get my dose of information, but its moving too fast for me to keep up.
My Last.FM and RYM

RP's hosted by me: The Last of Us RP's

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 71488
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:14 am

Kannap wrote:Reading up on the 2022 Senate race in North Carolina already because I'm a masochist.

Is the general mindset "Banish Cunningham from ever touching politics again", since he lost a perfectly winnable seat he was LEADING in the whole time, likely because he was a dumb ass? And almost cost us the Senate?
My Last.FM and RYM

RP's hosted by me: The Last of Us RP's

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

User avatar
Kowani
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34365
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:17 am

Corrian wrote:I was gonna read through the thread to get my dose of information, but its moving too fast for me to keep up.

we've stopped for the day
off to reading for you :p
read your own damn sources
Bahia Roja wrote:I think Kowani shared that news a few hours ago.
Kowáni's big list of sources, Be Kowáni for a day!
Headline of the day: Chad opposition leader’s home raided by state police, several family members killed
“Dale limona, mujer, que no hay en la vida ná, como la pena de ser, ciego en Graná”

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 62877
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:30 am

Corrian wrote:
Kannap wrote:Reading up on the 2022 Senate race in North Carolina already because I'm a masochist.

Is the general mindset "Banish Cunningham from ever touching politics again", since he lost a perfectly winnable seat he was LEADING in the whole time, likely because he was a dumb ass? And almost cost us the Senate?


He's not appeared on the list of expected names to run, thank goodness.

So far only one person on each side has declared their intention to run.

For the Democrats, Erica Smith has made clear she'll be running. She lost to Cunningham in the 2020 primary but was the runner-up in that primary among all the Dems who ran.

For the Republicans, Mark Walker has tossed his hat in. He is a former U.S. Representative representing NC's 6th Congressional District. He decided not to run for re-election in 2020 so his term ended January 3, 2021.
23 years old, gay asexual, male Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results

User avatar
A-Series-Of-Tubes
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1889
Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:07 am

Kannap wrote:
A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:
Yeah I goofed, that was last year. Should have followed the link instead of just reading it from the Google search.

It's just an example. I chose it because of the narrow margin.


The narrow margin is good news for the Democrats, I assume. He won that narrowly against a guy who cheated on his wife during the campaign season. Imagine if the Dems ran an actual good candidate against Tillis in 2026. Or against whoever the Republicans nominate in 2022 for Burr's open seat.


Firstly, thankyou! You didn't just tell me I'm wrong (I get that enough thanks). You provided the missing information. I appreciate that.

An open seat is going to be an open invitation to Trumpsters, even if they have no axe to grind with the previous incumbent. Attracting them even more, by Burr voting to convict, would be a mistake.

That's in my opinion. Bear in mind my electoral record: Vice President (de facto, we had other titles) of a student club with about five full members. It was a "pick your title, you get the title" deal and most of the actual research or reporting was done by committees. As far as I could tell, the primary focus of our club was taking large amounts of whatever drugs we could obtain. Though this obviously had no scholarly nor collegiate purpose, the Student Union didn't seem to mind. My main political achievement was preventing a dispute with the Women's Collective which could have led to further attention from the Student Union.

No sir. I'm keeping my powder dry for now. No warmups. No practice runs. No reputation building. No real names or faces. Get it right first time, is my motto. Mx. Tubes, First President of Earth!
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

User avatar
A-Series-Of-Tubes
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1889
Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:33 am

Kowani wrote:Trump's on his way to rebuild in Florida

also, he wants $2 Billion for his presidential library and it's going to be run by Dan Scavino


In the old days, a guy from New York would still be considered a carpetbagger in Florida. But also in the old days, a guy from New York starting a golf club in Florida would be considered a dangerous radical, and persecuted, for allowing Jews to join his club. Poor Donald is on the wrong side of history every time. Awww.

There's a reason survivalists tend to go inland, to the least populated and least hospitable places. It's not just because land is cheap. It's also because of all the threats to life they envision, other people are the worst.

Shouldn't we be glad that Donald Trump would pursue the exact opposite strategy? Bunker down in the most extreme point of the contiguous 48 states, and attract to himself and his core cultists, all the deplorables who love him best? It's South Florida: the people there aren't great but they're not the worst either. When we build the wall, we will accept refugees no questions asked, while also waving through anyone wishing to check out Trump on the condition they never try to leave again. The exact details can be left to future leaders, but one way or another the Trump dynasty and their cult followers and anyone brave enough to live near them, will be neatly excised from the United States. It's not genocide, it's leaving them to their own devices. It's not exile, it's a grant of land in exchange for going away.
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

User avatar
New haven america
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39898
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:52 am

Nousa wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:
Ahh ok, the US shouldn't stop terrorists until the terrorists attack the US, or anyone else for that matter. Guess the US shouldn't have declared war on Nazi Germany.


No, honestly. There was no reason for American involvement in WWII, or World War I for that matter.

WWI: US intervention brought an swift end to a war that shouldn't have happened for anywhere near as long as it did.

WWII: Uh, the US was attacked and invaded. Japan attacked the US' main pacific naval base and took over several areas in Alaska while Germany declared war on the US and was attacking us merchant and naval ships in the Atlantic, as well as tried to start a 2nd Mexican-American War.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2020

That's all folks~

User avatar
Page
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13660
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:23 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Nousa wrote:
No, honestly. There was no reason for American involvement in WWII, or World War I for that matter.


World War I-no. WWII-Yes. We were attacked by the Japanese at Pearl Harbor. We had reason to attack Japan. I don't think we had justification to attack Germany though.


Japan attacked the US, the US declared war on Japan, Germany declared war on the US.
Welcome to NationStates, a safe space for fascists so long as they express their murderous ideology euphemistically. Leftists who hurt their feelings will be banned.

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged." - Noam Chomsky

Protect yourself from Covid-19: Stop licking boots.

User avatar
Phoenicaea
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1968
Founded: May 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenicaea » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:49 am

i bet ‘senate will vote him guilty’, a regiment will come to dislodge him. regarding _freiehct reich, best accusations for his argument is prussian flag. prussia is not third reich relative.

i feel most of the national-socialist reminescence is based on the historically false assimilation of prussian militarism with genocide speech. that is not so swift. prussians were ferocious, not delirious.
Last edited by Phoenicaea on Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Agarntrop
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9844
Founded: May 14, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Agarntrop » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:52 am

Phoenicaea wrote:i bet he will be condemned, a regiment will come to dislodge him.

???

Nothing you say ever makes sense
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A-Series-Of-Tubes, Aldani, Duvniask, Earthbound Immortal Squad, Elejamie, Greater Cesnica, Japerlasa, New yugoslavaia, Railache, Shepherd isle, The Archregimancy, The New California Republic, Treadwellia, Virgolia

Advertisement

Remove ads