NATION

PASSWORD

2019-2020 US Election Megathread III: Biden VS Biden

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who do you think had the best performance at tonight’s debate?

Bernie
62%
Buttigieg
11%
Warren
10%
Biden
5%
Steyer
4%
Klobuchar
8%

Total votes : 105

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:02 am

Telconi wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So you asked yourself. Maybe you would do better talking to yourself elsewhere.

Hey now. No reason to get so mad. You can hate other people for no reason without justifying it here.

Hate? You wish. Contempt.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:04 am

San Lumen wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:See and read my posts in context, I support President Donald J Trump for many issues not just on my Pet issue of Cuba on NS, but any politician has to pass my ultimate litmus test on Cuba.

I really wish we can be NS Friends and RP together with all of you despite my support for Trump and the Republicans. All you guys have to do is put me on ignore and problem solved, please do so if you wish, but I will not bother to put you guys on ignore, because I respect all my fellow nations right to post anything on any threads and quote any fellow nations. See my other posts on this issue where I ask you all just put me on ignore and problem solved for you guys.

Peace over and out.

GMS Alberto.

This is a debate forum. Why agree to disagree? I dont see a single reason why Trump deserves another term or any Republican deserves my vote.

It's not about what Trump deserves.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:06 am

Gormwood wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Hey now. No reason to get so mad. You can hate other people for no reason without justifying it here.

Hate? You wish. Contempt.

I actually wish for human decency. But you get what you get.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 19, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:16 am

Telconi wrote:
San Lumen wrote:This is a debate forum. Why agree to disagree? I dont see a single reason why Trump deserves another term or any Republican deserves my vote.

It's not about what Trump deserves.

Yes San Lumen and the others don't understand what I mean the way I say it.

Thank you Telcony

GMS Alberto.
lol - I am the worlds greatest insomniac, I beat the worlds record every day. I love math statistics and accounting my profession. Retired home bought and paid for, own 2 rental properties. Many vacations in Miami Beach hotels, Niagara Falls Canada, Puerto Rico, Puerto Plata and Punta Cana Dominican Republic. I am not rich but I am not poor, over all not bad. Proud conservative Republican native Cuban and American citizen supporter of President Trump. President Ronald Reagan the greatest American President of the USA ever and the original Make America Great Again President. President Trump the second greatest American President of the USA ever.

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:37 pm

To get this thread back to NS General Normal lol.

Source Politico:
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/1 ... all-048745

Pete Buttigieg: Backed Medicare for All back in 2018 Tweet:

Here are a few excerpts you can read the rest on Politico and discuss if you wish as that is what we are supposed to do on this forum:

Pete Buttigieg has spent recent Democratic presidential debates sparring with "Medicare for All" proponents, but the South Bend, Ind., mayor backed the concept in a 2018 tweet that resurfaced Wednesday.

"I, Pete Buttigieg, politician, do henceforth and forthwith declare, most affirmatively and indubitably, unto the ages, that I do favor Medicare for All, as I do favor any measure that would help get all Americans covered," Buttigieg tweeted in February 2018. "Now if you'll excuse me, potholes await."

Buttigieg is pushing a different health care plan in the 2020 presidential election, which he calls “Medicare for All Who Want It.” He backs establishing a government-run health insurance alternative to the private insurance industry, but he would allow the use of private insurance if individuals want it.

You can read the rest of the articles details on Politico:

I think it is making a mountain out of a moe hill, politicians change their views on certain issues from time to time, based on the circumstances of the time, it will not help him or hurt him.

lol - I am the worlds greatest insomniac, I beat the worlds record every day. I love math statistics and accounting my profession. Retired home bought and paid for, own 2 rental properties. Many vacations in Miami Beach hotels, Niagara Falls Canada, Puerto Rico, Puerto Plata and Punta Cana Dominican Republic. I am not rich but I am not poor, over all not bad. Proud conservative Republican native Cuban and American citizen supporter of President Trump. President Ronald Reagan the greatest American President of the USA ever and the original Make America Great Again President. President Trump the second greatest American President of the USA ever.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:44 pm

Miami Shores wrote:"I, Pete Buttigieg, politician, do henceforth and forthwith declare, most affirmatively and indubitably, unto the ages, that I do favor Medicare for All, as I do favor any measure that would help get all Americans covered," Buttigieg tweeted in February 2018. "Now if you'll excuse me, potholes await."

That sounds like it's at least partly sarcastic.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:00 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:"I, Pete Buttigieg, politician, do henceforth and forthwith declare, most affirmatively and indubitably, unto the ages, that I do favor Medicare for All, as I do favor any measure that would help get all Americans covered," Buttigieg tweeted in February 2018. "Now if you'll excuse me, potholes await."

Yeah it does USS Monitor lol.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:53 pm

USS Monitor wrote:

I'm really not certain what he's trying to say. That infrastructure issues are more important than medical coverage issues? That he's a good mayor who is focusing on the local problems and not the national ones?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

The Andromeda Archipelago
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Archipelago » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:50 pm

San Lumen wrote:This is a debate forum. Why agree to disagree? I dont see a single reason why Trump deserves another term or any Republican deserves my vote.

But, but...

Crooked Hillary! Sleepy Joe Biden! Liddie Adam Schiff. Cryin' Chuck Schumer!

No President in American history has ever been more childish than Donald Trump!

Trump/Pence 2020 is for the children!

(cue Whitney Houston song)

"I believe that children are our future..."
Last edited by The Andromeda Archipelago on Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:58 pm

The Andromeda Archipelago wrote:

But, but...

You okay?
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:17 pm

Telconi wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

I'm really not certain what he's trying to say. That infrastructure issues are more important than medical coverage issues? That he's a good mayor who is focusing on the local problems and not the national ones?

I think it's some of the latter, plus a bit of "Let's focus on things we can actually fix in a reasonable timeframe."
Last edited by USS Monitor on Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:39 pm

But, but...

It rallies his base, you are making a mountain out of a moe hill, you are making a big deal out of nothing.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pacomia
Senator

Founded: May 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:44 pm

I think Steyer and Buttigieg will both get temporary boosts in support for good performance in the debates. I doubt it’ll last long, though.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Progressive capitalism gang

GLORY TO CASCADIA, NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
This user is a male.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:47 pm

Pacomia wrote:I think Steyer and Buttigieg will both get temporary boosts in support for good performance in the debates. I doubt it’ll last long, though.

Steyer seems like an OK guy from what little I've seen of him, but there has got to be a better use of his time and money besides running for president. Can he not see we already have a bazillion other candidates?

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:47 pm

But, but...

It rallies his base, you are making a mountain out of a moe hill, you are making a big deal out of nothing.

The Great Muhammad Ali used to have nicknames for his boxing opponents and it made him even more popular with his boxing fans, that is the point of Trump's Crooked Hillary! Sleepy Joe Biden! Liddie Adam Schiff and Cryin' Chuck Schumer!

It rallies his base.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:54 pm

Miami Shores wrote:
But, but...

The Great Muhammad Ali used to have nicknames for his boxing opponents and it made him even more popular with his boxing fans, that is the point of Trump's Crooked Hillary! Sleepy Joe Biden! Liddie Adam Schiff and Cryin' Chuck Schumer!

It rallies his base.

Elections aren't boxing matches.

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:57 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:It rallies his base, you are making a mountain out of a moe hill, you are making a big deal out of nothing.

It rallies his base.

But it is not about boxing matches, it is about rallying his base, it works, and his base is not dumb for it, it is a kind of political humor, like The Great Muhammad Ali did.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:45 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:It rallies his base, you are making a mountain out of a moe hill, you are making a big deal out of nothing.

It rallies his base.

They have some striking similarities.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:01 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:Buttigieg gets his moment as the dark horse candidate.
Buttigieg has emerged as a fundraising powerhouse and will enter the final stretch before the Iowa caucuses in February flush with cash. Buttigieg has more than $23 million in the bank, compared to only $9 million for Biden, a shockingly low number for a front-runner.

The Buttigieg campaign says it raised $1 million from tens of thousands of donors in the hours after Tuesday’s debate concluded.

Recent polls of Iowa show Buttigieg on the rise. The mayor has picked up 4.5 points in the past month in the RealClearPolitics average, and a Firehouse-Optimus survey released this week found him in third place at 17 percent in the Hawkeye State, within striking distance of both Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), at 25 percent, and Biden, at 22 percent.

Apparently as the 'no we can't' candidate:
And Buttigieg has stepped out as a fighter for moderate Democrats who feel marginalized by the left, putting him in direct conflict with Biden in the battle for centrist primary voters.

Buttigieg has aggressively gone after Warren over her “Medicare for All” proposal, accusing her of being evasive about how she’d pay for it. And he’s clashed with former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) over his mandatory gun buyback plan, which Buttigieg describes as an unrealistic and divisive proposal at a time when Congress might otherwise be able to achieve incremental gun safety reforms.

Super late in responding here, but as a non-Democrat who actually kind of likes Buttigieg, I would have to frame him less as the "no we can't" candidate, and more as the "actually, we shouldn't" candidate. There's no shame in being a non-socialist who doesn't support forced socialized medical care. I appreciate him looking out for my freedom in the face of the Warren's and Sanders's who want to force more government interference into my life.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:07 am

Miami Shores wrote:
But, but...

It rallies his base.

Thing is, the Presidency used to be a respected office, and such antics, regardless of their usefulness, would have been considered beneath the President's dignity (Or even a presidential candidate's). Boxers don't have as high a standard to live up to as does the highest office in the country. The namecalling is immature and is indicative of the immaturity of our President, and there's no two ways about it.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:12 am

Idzequitch wrote:

It rallies his base.

Thing is, the Presidency used to be a respected office, and such antics, regardless of their usefulness, would have been considered beneath the President's dignity (Or even a presidential candidate's). Boxers don't have as high a standard to live up to as does the highest office in the country. The namecalling is immature and is indicative of the immaturity of our President, and there's no two ways about it.

lol I have seen Democrat rallies where they trash the Republicans to rally their base, it works both ways and vice versa.

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:33 am

Hillary called Trump supporters deplorables and a basket of deplorables and the deplorables won. 2 African American leaders called African American supporters of Trump and the Republicans mentally ill people. But Trump and the Republicans are bad for saying things about the Democrats lol.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:51 am

Miami Shores wrote:Hillary called Trump supporters deplorables and a basket of deplorables and the deplorables won. 2 African American leaders called African American supporters of Trump and the Republicans mentally ill people. But Trump and the Republicans are bad for saying things about the Democrats lol.

Let me introduce you to a novel concept:

They both can be wrong
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:55 am

Miami Shores wrote:Hillary called Trump supporters deplorables and a basket of deplorables and the deplorables won. 2 African American leaders called African American supporters of Trump and the Republicans mentally ill people. But Trump and the Republicans are bad for saying things about the Democrats lol.

Funny how you keep resorting to misquotes for the sake of your narrative
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Mettaton-EX
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mettaton-EX » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:05 am

THIS ROBOT IS TRANS | AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT | هٰذه الآلة تقتل الفاشيين
(prefer it/its but any pronouns are acceptable)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General