NATION

PASSWORD

Teens Surround And Denigrate Native Americans In DC

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:14 am

Seangoli wrote:If sending death threats tonkids is bad, then sending death threats to kids is bad. It doesn't fucking matter how it came about in these situations.

Who is saying sending death threats to kids is good?
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:16 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Vassenor wrote:When did your "feminism is evil" screed become relevant to this thread?

Virtually nothing you've posted over the last few pages has been relevant. With the source material entirely discredited as a partial and misleading version of events, the thread seemingly now exists only as a venue for you to post so many drink-worthy attempts at denial, deflection and diversion that our livers have all surely surrendered to their inevitable pickling.

This is NSG. If someone posted that the sky is blue then there’d be at least one person argue that it’s not and cause the thread to escalate into 50 pages of arguing over the sky’s color.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:17 am

Xmara wrote:This is NSG. If someone posted that the sky is blue then there’d be at least one person argue that it’s not and cause the thread to escalate into 50 pages of arguing over the sky’s color.

In this case it's deliberate, Vassenor has tried very hard to avoid the subject of how these boys were actually treated after it came out that they didn't actually do what they were accused of.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

The Dalatian Republic
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Watch the whole video

Postby The Dalatian Republic » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:19 am

People of all race gender donut preference and religious views. Don't bicker and sneer and accuse until the full story is out. Also watch the whole video and back up what you say with evidence. This "He's a white trump don't licker" and "that Indian is too soft" is driving me nuts. Back up what you say with well thought evidence.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:19 am

After crying to the media about being scared and surrounded, Nathan Phillips immediately marched toward a catholic shrine with his gang of racists and pulled the same stunt, interrupting a mass in progress by walking straight into the middle of it and loudly banging his drum and chanting.

I guess since the media can't make people ignoring him and praying instead look as evil and nefarious as people ignoring him and smiling, we didn't get told that part.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:20 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Vassenor wrote:When did your "feminism is evil" screed become relevant to this thread?

Virtually nothing you've posted over the last few pages has been relevant. With the source material entirely discredited as a partial and misleading version of events, the thread seemingly now exists only as a venue for you to post so many drink-worthy attempts at denial, deflection and diversion that our livers have all surely surrendered to their inevitable pickling.

But drive-by gotcha-ing is perfectly OK? Because clearly you haven't actually read anything I posted.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:24 am

Vassenor wrote:
But drive-by gotcha-ing is perfectly OK? Because clearly you haven't actually read anything I posted.

I move that we add straightforward and largely benign posts being described as "gotcha-ing" to the rules for the drinking game.
Last edited by Des-Bal on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seangoli
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:24 am

:blink:
Des-Bal wrote:
Seangoli wrote:If sending death threats tonkids is bad, then sending death threats to kids is bad. It doesn't fucking matter how it came about in these situations.

I didn't say that. I have, however, noticed a remarkable ability for people to brush off death threats sent by their own side as kot a big issue or try to excuse it. In this very thread, we have both you and Osto trying to argue against equivalencies because reasons.

Do I think you think Death Threats are good? No, no I do not. But you have been very willing to find any excuse as to why it isn't as bad in this one case.

My point isn't that the Right supports Death Threats against the left. My point is they don't care if they do happen. And vice versa. I have never once in my entire damn life seen a person on the right say "death threats are bad" when they happen to leftists, least of all wothout cajoling them into it. I have seen it happen from them *only* whem it comes from the left to the right.

And the flip side.

My point is, nobody actually gives two flying shits what happened in the situation or about the kids and what happened to them. It's outrage theater through amd through.
Last edited by Seangoli on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShakaZuli
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ShakaZuli » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:26 am

Vassenor wrote:Meanwhile SHS is trying to pretend that Trayvon Martin, the Parkland Survivors and the Central Park 5 don't exist.

Or she actually thinks it's OK to do large scale character assassination if you're doing it for conservative reasons.

What is the point of Trayvon Martin? He unprovokedely attacked Zimmerman which retaliated in selfdefence. It has nothing to do with racism.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 am

Seangoli wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:

I didn't say that. I have, however, noticed a remarkable ability for people to brush off death threats sent by their own side as kot a big issue or try to excuse it. In this very thread, we have both you and Osto trying to argue against equivalencies because reasons.

Do I think you think Death Threats are good? No, no I do not. But you have been very willing to find any excuse as to why it isn't as bad in this one case.

My point isn't that the Right supports Death Threats against the left. My point is they don't care if they do happen. And vice versa. I have never once in my entire damn life seen a person for the right say "death threats are bad" when they happen to leftists. I have seen jt happen from them *only* whem it comes from the right to the left.

And the flip side.

My point is, nobody actually gives two flying shits what happened in the situation or about the kids and what happened to them. It's outrage theater through amd through.

How often do you see right wing pundits saying things like "Kill <race> people"?

https://external-preview.redd.it/HLLcDo ... e12c1637f1
https://external-preview.redd.it/2-SRb2 ... 673878705b
https://external-preview.redd.it/pAVPeX ... a7c1a65745

Let's not pretend the progressives don't support threats of violence. They very often do. The difference is they pretend those threats don't matter because of ideological reasons.

The right doesn't care because often its individual actors and not endorsed or excused by official ideological statements. How many times have we seen "Punch a nazi" and so on?

There is a qualitative difference between a political movement containing angry members who send death threats, and a political movement absolutely inundated with violence rhetoric and threats which has explicitly baked into its core tenets ideological reasons for why that behavior doesn't matter.

Which elements of conservative philosophy can you point to that excuse this behavior?

You're comparing murder as a phenomanae to organized genocide and being like "I don't see the difference, it's just killing, nobody has the high ground here. There's lots of murders per year too!"
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 am

ShakaZuli wrote:
Vassenor wrote:Meanwhile SHS is trying to pretend that Trayvon Martin, the Parkland Survivors and the Central Park 5 don't exist.

Or she actually thinks it's OK to do large scale character assassination if you're doing it for conservative reasons.

What is the point of Trayvon Martin? He unprovokedely attacked Zimmerman which retaliated in selfdefence. It has nothing to do with racism.

Where did I say anything about racism?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

ShakaZuli
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby ShakaZuli » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:31 am

Vassenor wrote:
ShakaZuli wrote:What is the point of Trayvon Martin? He unprovokedely attacked Zimmerman which retaliated in selfdefence. It has nothing to do with racism.

You implied there is somekind a comparison between the anti-white lynch mob against the teen and Trayvon Martin.

Woodfiredpizzas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodfiredpizzas » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:32 am

Vassenor wrote:
Dumb Ideologies wrote:

Ok so I’ve been hitting my pain killer button instead of drinking and I’m really fucking high right now.And even I can see you haven’t posted anything relevant or engaged honestly anywhere in this thread. I need to ask is your inability to make it okay to hate white People really worth all this effort? Cause that nurse is crying and I’m going to give her a hug.
Reheated donuts

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 am

Seangoli wrote:

My point isn't that the Right supports Death Threats against the left. My point is they don't care if they do happen. And vice versa. I have never once in my entire damn life seen a person for the right say "death threats are bad" when they happen to leftists. I have seen jt happen from them *only* whem it comes from the right to the left.

And the flip side.

Bullshit. I haven't made excuses for death threats being acceptable I pointed out a bad comparison. You compared someone making a political stand being attacked for making a stand with someone standing around being attacked for something they just didn't do. You made a bad comparison. It is totally unacceptable that any of the Parkland kids faced threats but it is not unacceptable they were raised to media attention, criticized, or even insulted.

Your point does not stand. Sure people are apt to give passes to their own side and sure that's probably what some people are doing but I'm not making excuses or virtue signalling.

I am genuinely upset the media mishandled this, I am genuinely upset at what's happened to these kids.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 am

ShakaZuli wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

You implied there is somekind a comparison between the anti-white lynch mob against the teen and Trayvon Martin.

I'm still waiting for proof that they're specifically anti-white.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

ShakaZuli
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby ShakaZuli » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 am

Potthan wrote:
Oldenfranck wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/api/amp/indiancountrytoday/news/outrage-as-non-native-youth-wearing-maga-hats-taunt-and-disrespect-native-elder-jy7UVwdg8kK2uvT0L-JOig/

It made me want to throw up, but hey, do anything to #triggerthelibs or #triggerthecons. We are stooping so low, it is wanton. God bless Nathan Phillips, an American vet, he’s done more to make America great as it is now than any of those people for this country, and he stood there proudly, not batting an eyelash, knowing full well that he was in a very dangerous situation. What’s even more so awe-inspiring is he began to sing a prayer of healing for the terribly-behaved around him, wishing them well and that one day they may be cured of their troubles. Thomas Massie needs to comdemn this, I hope he will, I think he is better than this.

Do you think that they should be expelled or suspended? Should Trump call this conduct out and condemn it? What would you have done if you were there?

Update 1: Self edited OP to be less hostile and more constructive. I'll apologize and fix my OP since it proved offensive, but this is a good thread for discussion, and as long as everything goes smoothly from here, it's a good conversation.

He's not a vet. He supposedly fought in a war that meant anything. Besides, according to his birth date he would've been 18 in 1972, one year after the last marine pulled out of Vietnam. Additionally he has been an actor in an old Skrillex music video so his legitimacy is held to question. All in all, he is a fraud and nothing more.

The whole case looks like it was planned. It is strange how CNN interviewed the Indian guy in the moment when the other kids still were around him as if the journalist were there the whole time

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 am

Woodfiredpizzas wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Ok so I’ve been hitting my pain killer button instead of drinking and I’m really fucking high right now.And even I can see you haven’t posted anything relevant or engaged honestly anywhere in this thread. I need to ask is your inability to make it okay to hate white People really worth all this effort? Cause that nurse is crying and I’m going to give her a hug.

Since when do I want to make it OK to hate white people?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Xmara
Negotiator

Postby Xmara » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:37 am

Woodfiredpizzas wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

I don’t agree a whole lot with Vass, but I don’t see anything that indicates that she thinks it’s okay to hate white people.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
We are not Estonia.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Seangoli
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:37 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Seangoli wrote:

And the flip side.

How often do you see right wing pundits saying things like "Kill <race> people"?

Let's not pretend the progressives don't support threats of violence. They very often do. The difference is they pretend those threats don't matter because of ideological reasons.

The right doesn't care because often its individual actors and not endorsed or excused by official ideological statements. How many times have we seen "Punch a nazi" and so on?

There is a qualitative difference between a political movement containing angry members who send death threats, and a political movement absolutely inundated with violence rhetoric and threats which has explicitly baked into its core tenets ideological reasons for why that behavior doesn't matter.

Which elements of conservative philosophy can you point to that excuse this behavior?

Proving my entire point. You excuse one side while demonizing the other.

And fortunately, I don't pretend one side is better than the other. I have seen plenty of "Pinochet did nothing wrong", and plenty of calls for violence against Commies, even in the modern day.

I don't particularly care about the reasonings. They ultimately don't matter. What does matter is how things play out in reality. And in reality, the sides pull the same bullshit. The reasons why they do it, and why THEY are better than the other, are contrivances meant to excuse behavior.

If one set of behavior against one group is bad, then it is bad against every group regardless of contrived excusatory bullshit.

ShakaZuli
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby ShakaZuli » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:37 am

Vassenor wrote:
ShakaZuli wrote:You implied there is somekind a comparison between the anti-white lynch mob against the teen and Trayvon Martin.

The mainstream media lied about the events. What motivated them to do so? It is the fact that the teen was a Catholic white male while he oponent was an Indian. Had the roles be reversed the media would shill for young teen.

Also anti-white racist send death treats to the young boys and his family. What do you want more?

Xmara
Negotiator

Postby Xmara » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 am

ShakaZuli wrote:
Potthan wrote:
He's not a vet. He supposedly fought in a war that meant anything. Besides, according to his birth date he would've been 18 in 1972, one year after the last marine pulled out of Vietnam. Additionally he has been an actor in an old Skrillex music video so his legitimacy is held to question. All in all, he is a fraud and nothing more.

The whole case looks like it was planned. It is strange how CNN interviewed the Indian guy in the moment when the other kids still were around him as if the journalist were there the whole time

CNN also reported that the whole thing was taken out of context and that it all started with the Black Hebrew Israelites. So it’s not them who’s pushing the narrative here.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
We are not Estonia.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:39 am

Seangoli wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

Proving my entire point. You excuse one side while demonizing the other.

And fortunately, I don't pretend one side is better than the other. I have seen plenty of "Pinochet did nothing wrong", and plenty of calls for violence against Commies, even in the modern day.

I don't particularly care about the reasonings. They ultimately don't matter. What does matter is how things play out in reality. And in reality, the sides pull the same bullshit. The reasons why they do it, and why THEY are better than the other, are contrivances meant to excuse behavior.

If one set of behavior against one group is bad, then it is bad against every group regardless of contrived excusatory bullshit.

I'm not excusing one side. I'm excusing one ideology. I note you failed to rise to the challenge I issued.
I'm also noting that explicit calls for hatred and violence appear to be tolerated among one sides leadership and excused as a result of ideological beliefs that such things are excusable.
This is not the case for the other side.

We're asking progressives to police their leaders.
Progressives are asking us to police literally every single person in existence.

It is not equivalent and it's sad you can't see that.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:40 am

Xmara wrote:
CNN also reported that the whole thing was taken out of context and that it all started with the Black Hebrew Israelites. So it’s not them who’s pushing the narrative here.

When? They've said quite a bit on it, hell they've done four articles on it in the past 24 hours.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:41 am

ShakaZuli wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

The mainstream media lied about the events. What motivated them to do so? It is the fact that the teen was a Catholic white male while he oponent was an Indian. Had the roles be reversed the media would shill for young teen.

Also anti-white racist send death treats to the young boys and his family. What do you want more?

That's not proof that they're specifically anti-white. Do you have hard evidence they wouldn't be doing this if it was a group of African- or Asian-Americans?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:42 am

Vassenor wrote:
ShakaZuli wrote:The mainstream media lied about the events. What motivated them to do so? It is the fact that the teen was a Catholic white male while he oponent was an Indian. Had the roles be reversed the media would shill for young teen.

That's not proof that they're specifically anti-white. Do you have hard evidence they wouldn't be doing this if it was a group of African- or Asian-Americans?

They'd be crowing about a group of africans and asians being white supremacist?
Ostro.MOV

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General