NATION

PASSWORD

US Government Shutdown- It's Over!... For Now

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Will the government shutdown in three weeks?

Yes
103
77%
No
30
23%
 
Total votes : 133

User avatar
The Alma Mater
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16422
Founded: May 23, 2004
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Alma Mater » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Rezmaeristan wrote:This whole thing is ridiculous. Why couldn't we work out a DACA-for-wall deal? You get your Dreamers, we get our wall.

Wait, I know why. Optics. Trump doesn't want to look soft(despite the fact he wrote a book called Art of the Deal so this would be perfectly acceptable to his base if they get the wall) and Pelosi/Schumer don't want to cooperate with Trump, because on the left, if you collaborate with or talk to someone, you're basically the same as them. Also orange man bad.


They tried, and it was all ready to go through, and then FOX News pitched a fit and Trump pulled out.


So.. the shutdown is all the fault of FOX News ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

User avatar
Rezmaeristan
Envoy
 
Posts: 245
Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Rezmaeristan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
They tried, and it was all ready to go through, and then FOX News pitched a fit and Trump pulled out.


So.. the shutdown is all the fault of FOX News ?



I've been a little behind on this, show clip please? I'm sure it's like on Youtube or something.
Pro:Cultural Nationalism, Traditionalism, Workers' Rights, Fascism, Legal Equality, Two-State Solution, Limited Immigration, Environment
Anti:Capitalism, Communism, Globalism, Progressivism, Mass Immigration, Ethnic Nationalism, Balkanization, EU, Imperialism, Equality of Outcome,
Rezmaeristan mostly represents my views.
For the seven tribes!
A South-Central Asian national syndicalist elected monarchy, isolated by mountains and deserts.
"Neither left, nor right, nor even center" - Official position of the Mouvement Populaire de la Revolution

I'm a proud member of the Dark Light Family
Important: The Factbook is the final "Canon" for Rezmaeristan. Any conflicting forum post information is non-canon.

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10822
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Rezmaeristan wrote:This whole thing is ridiculous. Why couldn't we work out a DACA-for-wall deal? You get your Dreamers, we get our wall.

Wait, I know why. Optics. Trump doesn't want to look soft(despite the fact he wrote a book called Art of the Deal so this would be perfectly acceptable to his base if they get the wall) and Pelosi/Schumer don't want to cooperate with Trump, because on the left, if you collaborate with or talk to someone, you're basically the same as them. Also orange man bad.


They tried, and it was all ready to go through, and then FOX News pitched a fit and Trump pulled out.

I don't think that the democrats can reasonably hope that Trump will give way on giving millions of undocumented migrants amnesty, when his victory was largely built on being tough on immigration.
Vice president, Enadia
Minister of foreign affairs, confederacy of layem
Minister of foreign affairs, the free nations region

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29715
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:57 pm

Vassenor wrote:Also it turns out the guy behind #crowdfundthewall has a history of running crowdfunding scams and the page has been shut down with all backers being refunded.

In 2015, he raised $16,246 on GoFundMe for a veteran mentorship program, citing three hospitals he would help. The funds went directly to him, GoFundMe confirmed.

But all 3 vet centers say they have no record of any peer-mentoring programs or of him working with their patients

According to a cache of texts, emails, and five people who worked with and for Brian Kolfage, the veteran pushed his emplyees to fabricate stories on Facebook to more flagrantly convey a false narrative and purchased conservative pages, one for ~$100,000, to grow for profit

He currently has another GoFundMe campaign (Fight 4 Free Speech) to pay him to "take on Facebook in an unprecedented legal case that will shape our nation for future generations"

It's raised $73,425. If it hits its $100,000 goal, the funds will go to him



Oof.

The waste of money people are wasting there money on would have been double wasted on a shyster.
Rezmaeristan wrote:This whole thing is ridiculous. Why couldn't we work out a DACA-for-wall deal? You get your Dreamers, we get our wall.

Wait, I know why. Optics. Trump doesn't want to look soft(despite the fact he wrote a book called Art of the Deal so this would be perfectly acceptable to his base if they get the wall) and Pelosi/Schumer don't want to cooperate with Trump, because on the left, if you collaborate with or talk to someone, you're basically the same as them. Also orange man bad.


Or: It's beacuse 5 billion for a useless wall is throwing away perfectly good money and Trump refuses to stop being a man baby and talk with the dems.
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤ NSwiki WA Ambassador: Silver Zephyr. NS's sexyest user 2016 Male 18-29 NSG 2016 Award for Humour 2018 award for most friendly poster (tied with Luminesa)
WBC 38 Postseason team, WBC 40 Postseason Quarterfinalist team, WBC 41 Semifinalists, WBC 42 Third place
Feel the Bern 2020 Trump disrespected fallen heroes beacuse of a little rain
Rainbow dash Is best pony.Scootalove is best love.A love letter to NS

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10822
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:58 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:



Oof.

The waste of money people are wasting there money on would have been double wasted on a shyster.
Rezmaeristan wrote:This whole thing is ridiculous. Why couldn't we work out a DACA-for-wall deal? You get your Dreamers, we get our wall.

Wait, I know why. Optics. Trump doesn't want to look soft(despite the fact he wrote a book called Art of the Deal so this would be perfectly acceptable to his base if they get the wall) and Pelosi/Schumer don't want to cooperate with Trump, because on the left, if you collaborate with or talk to someone, you're basically the same as them. Also orange man bad.


Or: It's beacuse 5 billion for a useless wall is throwing away perfectly good money and Trump refuses to stop being a man baby and talk with the dems.

I think he's made his position very clear. No wall, no re-opening of government.
Vice president, Enadia
Minister of foreign affairs, confederacy of layem
Minister of foreign affairs, the free nations region

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29715
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:59 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
They tried, and it was all ready to go through, and then FOX News pitched a fit and Trump pulled out.


So.. the shutdown is all the fault of FOX News ?


No? It's beacuse Trump acted like a child and thru a tantrum after being told at the toy store by Mommy Congress that his Super Wall Man action figure costs too much.
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤ NSwiki WA Ambassador: Silver Zephyr. NS's sexyest user 2016 Male 18-29 NSG 2016 Award for Humour 2018 award for most friendly poster (tied with Luminesa)
WBC 38 Postseason team, WBC 40 Postseason Quarterfinalist team, WBC 41 Semifinalists, WBC 42 Third place
Feel the Bern 2020 Trump disrespected fallen heroes beacuse of a little rain
Rainbow dash Is best pony.Scootalove is best love.A love letter to NS

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29715
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:02 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

Oof.

The waste of money people are wasting there money on would have been double wasted on a shyster.


Or: It's beacuse 5 billion for a useless wall is throwing away perfectly good money and Trump refuses to stop being a man baby and talk with the dems.

I think he's made his position very clear. No wall, no re-opening of government.


Yes, and that is an incredibly ridiculous position.
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤ NSwiki WA Ambassador: Silver Zephyr. NS's sexyest user 2016 Male 18-29 NSG 2016 Award for Humour 2018 award for most friendly poster (tied with Luminesa)
WBC 38 Postseason team, WBC 40 Postseason Quarterfinalist team, WBC 41 Semifinalists, WBC 42 Third place
Feel the Bern 2020 Trump disrespected fallen heroes beacuse of a little rain
Rainbow dash Is best pony.Scootalove is best love.A love letter to NS

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42029
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:05 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I think he's made his position very clear. No wall, no re-opening of government.


Yes, and that is an incredibly ridiculous position.


You're forgetting that since it was a campaign promise the Dems should be required to roll over and give it to him because logic and reasons and facts.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9219
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:32 pm

Vassenor wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Yes, and that is an incredibly ridiculous position.


You're forgetting that since it was a campaign promise the Dems should be required to roll over and give it to him because logic and reasons and facts.


Well, it's that or he gets hung with his own intestines by own party and voter base.

He has very much wedged himself between a rock and a hard place.

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29715
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
You're forgetting that since it was a campaign promise the Dems should be required to roll over and give it to him because logic and reasons and facts.


Well, it's that or he gets hung with his own intestines by own party and voter base.

He has very much wedged himself between a rock and a hard place.


He has, by his own asinine promise.

He made his own bed.
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤ NSwiki WA Ambassador: Silver Zephyr. NS's sexyest user 2016 Male 18-29 NSG 2016 Award for Humour 2018 award for most friendly poster (tied with Luminesa)
WBC 38 Postseason team, WBC 40 Postseason Quarterfinalist team, WBC 41 Semifinalists, WBC 42 Third place
Feel the Bern 2020 Trump disrespected fallen heroes beacuse of a little rain
Rainbow dash Is best pony.Scootalove is best love.A love letter to NS

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34899
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:47 pm

The sad part is, if Trump ended up being some kind of Democrat mole as some part of vast Republican Party black flag discrediting conspiracy, did a complete 180 and admitted everything he did was a mistake and that he is ending all of his nonsense and going on a reformation spree... He'd be the single most historically important, pivotal, and most likely popular president in American history.

Unfortunately, he is currently just a puppet gone rogue who's biggest accomplishment is going to be shutting down the government for the longest time over The Mediocre Wall of America.

"Can it be seen from space? Not really, no."

Edit: turns out you can't see the Great Wall of CHAIYNAH from space very well either, so :lol:
Last edited by The Rich Port on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO BURN.
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO LEARN.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE DONE.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE BECOME.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS.
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES.

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Myrensis
Senator
 
Posts: 4330
Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:52 pm

Vassenor wrote:Also it turns out the guy behind #crowdfundthewall has a history of running crowdfunding scams and the page has been shut down with all backers being refunded.

In 2015, he raised $16,246 on GoFundMe for a veteran mentorship program, citing three hospitals he would help. The funds went directly to him, GoFundMe confirmed.

But all 3 vet centers say they have no record of any peer-mentoring programs or of him working with their patients

According to a cache of texts, emails, and five people who worked with and for Brian Kolfage, the veteran pushed his emplyees to fabricate stories on Facebook to more flagrantly convey a false narrative and purchased conservative pages, one for ~$100,000, to grow for profit

He currently has another GoFundMe campaign (Fight 4 Free Speech) to pay him to "take on Facebook in an unprecedented legal case that will shape our nation for future generations"

It's raised $73,425. If it hits its $100,000 goal, the funds will go to him


I'm going to laugh my ass off if he just walks away with the wall money, or donates a fraction of it to the border patrol and calls it good. I eagerly look forward to the stories to start coming out of how some devoted MAGA hatter gave their life savings, or money they needed for their medications, to help Donald build the wall.

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54470
Founded: May 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kannap » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:52 pm

So how about day 21, are we having fun?
22 years old, gay male, Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9219
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:57 pm

Kannap wrote:So how about day 21, are we having fun?


Still no revolution and marches on Washington...

Y'all call the French a bunch of cowards, and yet...

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34899
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Myrensis wrote:


I'm going to laugh my ass off if he just walks away with the wall money, or donates a fraction of it to the border patrol and calls it good. I eagerly look forward to the stories to start coming out of how some devoted MAGA hatter gave their life savings, or money they needed for their medications, to help Donald build the wall.


Unfortunately, that seems unlikely to happen if he's giving out refunds.

Also, this sounds like something Trump is going to spin as somehow not his fault by the fault of Democrats for... I don't know.

Not passing some bill to setup a way for people to donate to the wall, probably.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO BURN.
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO LEARN.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE DONE.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE BECOME.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS.
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES.

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42029
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:59 pm

GoFundMe is doing the refunds themselves with no input from him.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34899
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Kannap wrote:So how about day 21, are we having fun?


Still no revolution and marches on Washington...

Y'all call the French a bunch of cowards, and yet...


Violent insurrection IMO is not the answer... Yet.

Trump hasn't really done anything that warrants us being concerned enough to start busting out the Kalashnikovs.

Hopefully the 500,000 or so fed workers will light a fire under his and his cronies' asses. I could have sworn that primetime speech was him capitulating to the Democrats, but I guess he doesn't want a wall unless it's bigger than the Great Wall of China.

Gotta keep those Mongols out or whatever.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO BURN.
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO LEARN.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE DONE.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE BECOME.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS.
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES.

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Myrensis
Senator
 
Posts: 4330
Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:01 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Myrensis wrote:
I'm going to laugh my ass off if he just walks away with the wall money, or donates a fraction of it to the border patrol and calls it good. I eagerly look forward to the stories to start coming out of how some devoted MAGA hatter gave their life savings, or money they needed for their medications, to help Donald build the wall.


Unfortunately, that seems unlikely to happen if he's giving out refunds.

Also, this sounds like something Trump is going to spin as somehow not his fault by the fault of Democrats for... I don't know.

Not passing some bill to setup a way for people to donate to the wall, probably.


Ah, I see, it fell apart because he was preparing to pocket it (gettinng rid of the refund promise) and GoFundMe stomped on it. On the bright side, apparently now he's forming a build the wall non-profit to try to sucker the idiots? There is hope yet!
Last edited by Myrensis on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34899
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:07 pm

Vassenor wrote:GoFundMe is doing the refunds themselves with no input from him.


Either way, it says a lot that it only reached $73k out of $100k. What is that. .01% of theprojected cost of the wall?

I'm surprised there isn't an OFFICIAL GoFundMe sponsored by the Republican Party or some legitimate pro-Wall group.

That way we can see just how popular the wall is by how little money is actually donated by Trump supporters.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO BURN.
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO LEARN.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE DONE.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE BECOME.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS.
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES.

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54470
Founded: May 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kannap » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:15 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Vassenor wrote:GoFundMe is doing the refunds themselves with no input from him.


Either way, it says a lot that it only reached $73k out of $100k. What is that. .01% of theprojected cost of the wall?

I'm surprised there isn't an OFFICIAL GoFundMe sponsored by the Republican Party or some legitimate pro-Wall group.

That way we can see just how popular the wall is by how little money is actually donated by Trump supporters.


The $73k is some scam about him filing a lawsuit against Facebook...

The Wall project got $20 million in donations. I called it a scam from day one, so I'm not surprised.
22 years old, gay male, Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34899
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Kannap wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Either way, it says a lot that it only reached $73k out of $100k. What is that. .01% of theprojected cost of the wall?

I'm surprised there isn't an OFFICIAL GoFundMe sponsored by the Republican Party or some legitimate pro-Wall group.

That way we can see just how popular the wall is by how little money is actually donated by Trump supporters.


The $73k is some scam about him filing a lawsuit against Facebook...

The Wall project got $20 million in donations. I called it a scam from day one, so I'm not surprised.


In which case, I must say it's a little irresponsible and outright hypocritical of the Republican Party not to provide a legitimate way to fund the wall for their own base and instead allow them to use a fuckin' private Internet company that's primarily used to fund art projects to sponsor a goddamn security infrastructure project.

Then again, how fuckin' stupid do you have to be to donate to that fund? There's zero guarantee that guy would have used the funds for the wall or even paid back. GoFundMe should have dropped his ass.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO BURN.
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO LEARN.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE DONE.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE BECOME.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS.
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES.

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42029
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:24 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Kannap wrote:
The $73k is some scam about him filing a lawsuit against Facebook...

The Wall project got $20 million in donations. I called it a scam from day one, so I'm not surprised.


In which case, I must say it's a little irresponsible and outright hypocritical of the Republican Party not to provide a legitimate way to fund the wall for their own base and instead allow them to use a fuckin' private Internet company that's primarily used to fund art projects to sponsor a goddamn security infrastructure project.

Then again, how fuckin' stupid do you have to be to donate to that fund? There's zero guarantee that guy would have used the funds for the wall or even paid back. GoFundMe should have dropped his ass.


Because legally the party cannot do that.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34899
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Vassenor wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
In which case, I must say it's a little irresponsible and outright hypocritical of the Republican Party not to provide a legitimate way to fund the wall for their own base and instead allow them to use a fuckin' private Internet company that's primarily used to fund art projects to sponsor a goddamn security infrastructure project.

Then again, how fuckin' stupid do you have to be to donate to that fund? There's zero guarantee that guy would have used the funds for the wall or even paid back. GoFundMe should have dropped his ass.


Because legally the party cannot do that.


... But they have fundraisers all the time.

What would be the best way to have a legitimate fund?
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO BURN.
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO LEARN.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE DONE.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE BECOME.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS.
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES.

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30416
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:34 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Because legally the party cannot do that.


... But they have fundraisers all the time.

What would be the best way to have a legitimate fund?


Propose a tax increase to fund the wall.

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42029
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:37 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Because legally the party cannot do that.


... But they have fundraisers all the time.

What would be the best way to have a legitimate fund?


Not for actual public works projects that are supposed to be funded by the government.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Conserative Morality, Deutschess Kaiserreich, Duhon, Google [Bot], Idzequitch, Inkopolitia, Jack Thomas Lang, Mizialand, Risottia, The Xenopolis Confederation, Vassenor, Week Nashun

Advertisement

Remove ads