NATION

PASSWORD

Nevada Gun Owner Charged after Shooting Incident

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
US-SSR
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 440
Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Corporate Police State

Nevada Gun Owner Charged after Shooting Incident

Postby US-SSR » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:46 pm

In a clear violation of the Second Amendment, a Nevada gun owner has been charged with felonies including concealed carry without a permit and discharging the weapon the Constitution gives him the sacred right to have. Gun owners should be up in arms over this. Why are there no protests or organized calls to Congressional offices? Anyone should be able to do anything they want to with their guns, especially if they don't harm others like this patriotic American.
NO COLLUSION! TRUTH ISN'T TRUTH! THAT'S NOT ALTERED, THAT'S SPED UP!

User avatar
Albrenia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7936
Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Albrenia » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:47 pm

US-SSR wrote:In a clear violation of the Second Amendment, a Nevada gun owner has been charged with felonies including concealed carry without a permit and discharging the weapon the Constitution gives him the sacred right to have. Gun owners should be up in arms over this. Why are there no protests or organized calls to Congressional offices? Anyone should be able to do anything they want to with their guns, especially if they don't harm others like this patriotic American.


:eyebrow:

User avatar
Telconi
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19238
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:26 pm

US-SSR wrote:In a clear violation of the Second Amendment, a Nevada gun owner has been charged with felonies including concealed carry without a permit and discharging the weapon the Constitution gives him the sacred right to have. Gun owners should be up in arms over this. Why are there no protests or organized calls to Congressional offices? Anyone should be able to do anything they want to with their guns, especially if they don't harm others like this patriotic American.


I'm calling my congressman about your post.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Diplomat
 
Posts: 953
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:40 pm

1. Nice straw-man of people who support gun ownership rights.
2. That professor is an idiot. Who in their right mind shoots themselves just because they don't like a president, who probably won't get a second term?
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The name of this nation is not grammatically correct Latin.

User avatar
Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10649
Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:49 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:1. Nice straw-man of people who support gun ownership rights.
2. That professor is an idiot. Who in their right mind shoots themselves just because they don't like a president, who probably won't get a second term?

Self harm as protest isn't anything new. Look at the Buddhist monks protesting the South Vietnamese government.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

User avatar
Telconi
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19238
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:52 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:1. Nice straw-man of people who support gun ownership rights.
2. That professor is an idiot. Who in their right mind shoots themselves just because they don't like a president, who probably won't get a second term?

Self harm as protest isn't anything new. Look at the Buddhist monks protesting the South Vietnamese government.


And this makes him not an idiot how???
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10649
Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:55 pm

Telconi wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:Self harm as protest isn't anything new. Look at the Buddhist monks protesting the South Vietnamese government.


And this makes him not an idiot how???

If he shot someone else as a protest you'd call him a genius then? Intelligence has nothing to do with how he felt about expressing his displeasure with Trump.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Diplomat
 
Posts: 953
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:55 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:1. Nice straw-man of people who support gun ownership rights.
2. That professor is an idiot. Who in their right mind shoots themselves just because they don't like a president, who probably won't get a second term?

Self harm as protest isn't anything new. Look at the Buddhist monks protesting the South Vietnamese government.

That is different because the monks were protesting a dictatorship. We are not a dictatorship, and thus it's pretty stupid. Tibetans lighting themselves on fire to protest the "People's" republic of China makes sense also, because China suppresses any and all dissent, so they don't have any other protest avenue. We on the other hand do.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The name of this nation is not grammatically correct Latin.

User avatar
Telconi
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19238
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 am

Petrasylvania wrote:
Telconi wrote:
And this makes him not an idiot how???

If he shot someone else as a protest you'd call him a genius then? Intelligence has nothing to do with how he felt about expressing his displeasure with Trump.


Probably not. Sure it does.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38216
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:10 am

US-SSR wrote:In a clear violation of the Second Amendment, a Nevada gun owner has been charged with felonies including concealed carry without a permit and discharging the weapon the Constitution gives him the sacred right to have. Gun owners should be up in arms over this. Why are there no protests or organized calls to Congressional offices? Anyone should be able to do anything they want to with their guns, especially if they don't harm others like this patriotic American.


Because the Second Amendment doesn't grant immunity from the law just because you have a gun.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
Olthar
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 58890
Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Corporate Police State

Postby Olthar » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:45 am

Vassenor wrote:
US-SSR wrote:In a clear violation of the Second Amendment, a Nevada gun owner has been charged with felonies including concealed carry without a permit and discharging the weapon the Constitution gives him the sacred right to have. Gun owners should be up in arms over this. Why are there no protests or organized calls to Congressional offices? Anyone should be able to do anything they want to with their guns, especially if they don't harm others like this patriotic American.


Because the Second Amendment doesn't grant immunity from the law just because you have a gun.

Then how do you explain my ability to jaywalk with a gun without being arrested?
Last edited by Olthar on Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs
I'm so edgy I once accidentally gave myself a paper cut.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 91279
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:14 am

I realize this thread is a very cheap and poor attempt at sarcasm, which really isn't surprising.

However as anyone who has a whit of intention to discuss the topic seriously knows you are not allowed to discharge a weapon anywhere you want, and generally a bathroom where there is no threat is one of those places.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 91279
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:16 am

Olthar wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Because the Second Amendment doesn't grant immunity from the law just because you have a gun.

Then how explain my ability to jaywalk with a gun without being arrested?


Do you feel lucky punk, was that light yellow or red when you crossed? :p

Or

Is that a pistol In your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37242
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:44 am

The dude shot himself with a derringer to protest Trump and try to get AR-15's banned and broke a ton of laws in the process. The only thing that needs to happen here is he's never allowed on school grounds again and he loses the ability to own guns.
Angry American who likes guns and trees
Iḫzu Akkadû ma eme-g̃ir. Annû ašru? Samku.
Diliḫtu le'û dâku, ṭeḫû aḫāʾiš.
Anāku kī arru
Australian gun control didn't work. A rebuttal to the "well regulated militia" argument.

User avatar
The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38215
Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:12 am

Petrasylvania wrote:
Telconi wrote:
And this makes him not an idiot how???

If he shot someone else as a protest you'd call him a genius then? Intelligence has nothing to do with how he felt about expressing his displeasure with Trump.

It has everything to do with it.
AHHH The Blood runs cold.
We take our loot but dont get old!
OHHH Hail the Mighty, he's arisin' from the deep
With Tattered Sails and Incredible Tales,
We're partin' endless seas!

Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series

User avatar
Grinning Dragon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5280
Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:03 am

I posted about this guy a while back in the gun control thread. The prof is an idiot and his parents were probably idiots as well. If this guy was gonna shoot himself to protest the president and to get rifles like the AR banned, well he should have used a .45 instead of a .22, since trump is the 45th president. He was also a selfish guy, since he didn't want blood in his house he chose a bathroom at campus to make his mess in and then leaves a $100 bill for the janitor who had to clean up a mess that a janitor shouldn't have had to clean up to begin with.

I say good riddance, hope he enjoys his new found title as moron and his new cell mate.
I prefer Dangerous Freedom over peaceful slavery! Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Gun-Control is the belief that declawing the cat will protect it against other animals; also why are anti-gun people so violent?
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery!
Socialism- the herpes of economic systems.
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead. Proud American infidel since the 1970's-Deus Vult
The made up term "toxic masculinity" is founded on nonsense psychologism

User avatar
Chernoslavia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7458
Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Corporate Bordello

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:11 am

Petrasylvania wrote:
Telconi wrote:
And this makes him not an idiot how???

If he shot someone else as a protest you'd call him a genius then? Intelligence has nothing to do with how he felt about expressing his displeasure with Trump.


I'd call him an idiot and an asshole. And intelligence sure as hell has everything to do with it.

User avatar
Ors Might
Minister
 
Posts: 2464
Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:16 am

This guy is quite plainly dumb. For one, just why? Why would he think that shooting himself in the arm would convince Trump of all people to support gun control? Even if we were to accept his line of thinking, this man has no understanding of what makes self-violent protesting effective. Shooting your arm in a college bathroom is the least stunning way that I can think of going about it. The only difference between him doing it and some stupid prick doing it is that he somehow made it dumber by doing it intentionally. Zero points for message and zero points for showmanship.
Last edited by Ors Might on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Estanglia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 970
Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Estanglia » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:27 am

US-SSR wrote:In a clear violation of the Second Amendment, a Nevada gun owner has been charged with felonies including concealed carry without a permit and discharging the weapon the Constitution gives him the sacred right to have. Gun owners should be up in arms over this. Why are there no protests or organized calls to Congressional offices? Anyone should be able to do anything they want to with their guns, especially if they don't harm others like this patriotic American.

Great strawman.
I cycle through flags to justify their position on my hard drive.
I don't use NS stats for RP because I don't RP.
As of 5/11/18 (Day/Month/Year):
8 values thinks I'm a liberal.
Previous results here.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 1.38, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian:-3.38
I've become more left wing (was 2.75 last time) and more libertarian (Was -2.75).
Thank you for obeying the spoiler.
Currently reading Hunting The Nazi Bomb and Zero Six Bravo by Damien Lewis.
(Insert generic personal info here.)
I like thought experiments and paradoxes.

User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51329
Founded: May 09, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Esternial » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:37 am

US-SSR wrote:sacred right

Blasphemy!

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 91279
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:38 am

Petrasylvania wrote:
Telconi wrote:
And this makes him not an idiot how???

If he shot someone else as a protest you'd call him a genius then? Intelligence has nothing to do with how he felt about expressing his displeasure with Trump.


Putting a bullet in your head in a collegiate bathroom, so some poor janitor has to clean it up as a protest to Trump is about as stupid as it gets. He deserves serious prison time. Perfect example of a moron self entitled liberal professor putting his own moronic needs ahead of his the students put in his care.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Shofercia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27500
Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:44 am

US-SSR wrote:In a clear violation of the Second Amendment, a Nevada gun owner has been charged with felonies including concealed carry without a permit and discharging the weapon the Constitution gives him the sacred right to have. Gun owners should be up in arms over this. Why are there no protests or organized calls to Congressional offices? Anyone should be able to do anything they want to with their guns, especially if they don't harm others like this patriotic American.


Idiot shoots self in bathroom. Someone on NSG attempts to use it to make gun owners look bad. Said poster's OP ends up getting mocked, as NSG engages in yet another gun debate. Bears shit in woods. Water is wet. The World is full of idiots like that professor, and always will be.
Last edited by Shofercia on Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ukraine - stop bombing innocent people! Pricks who burn other people alive should be punished.
WADA/IPC/IOC are begging Russia to form a strategic alliance with China. Perhaps it's time.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
If we tell the radical Republicans that there's proof that Global Warming doesn't exist in Death Valley, and the radical Democrats that there's proof of Russian Collusion there, would we have a better America?

(North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia! DonBass is De Facto Independent! Stand with NovoRossiya!
Tecumseh was a Real American

User avatar
Sovaal
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13016
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sovaal » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:46 am

US-SSR wrote:In a clear violation of the Second Amendment, a Nevada gun owner has been charged with felonies including concealed carry without a permit and discharging the weapon the Constitution gives him the sacred right to have. Gun owners should be up in arms over this. Why are there no protests or organized calls to Congressional offices? Anyone should be able to do anything they want to with their guns, especially if they don't harm others like this patriotic American.

Anyone else here love it when when the thread topic is literally a straw man with nothing to discuss?

Dirty centrist
Unapologetic Jon Snow supporter
"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

User avatar
Sovaal
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13016
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sovaal » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:47 am

Vassenor wrote:
US-SSR wrote:In a clear violation of the Second Amendment, a Nevada gun owner has been charged with felonies including concealed carry without a permit and discharging the weapon the Constitution gives him the sacred right to have. Gun owners should be up in arms over this. Why are there no protests or organized calls to Congressional offices? Anyone should be able to do anything they want to with their guns, especially if they don't harm others like this patriotic American.


Because the Second Amendment doesn't grant immunity from the law just because you have a gun.

He’s being sarcastic.

Dirty centrist
Unapologetic Jon Snow supporter
"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

User avatar
Shofercia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27500
Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:48 am

Sovaal wrote:
US-SSR wrote:In a clear violation of the Second Amendment, a Nevada gun owner has been charged with felonies including concealed carry without a permit and discharging the weapon the Constitution gives him the sacred right to have. Gun owners should be up in arms over this. Why are there no protests or organized calls to Congressional offices? Anyone should be able to do anything they want to with their guns, especially if they don't harm others like this patriotic American.

Anyone else here love it when when the thread topic is literally a straw man with nothing to discuss?


I think we should have rules against these types of OPs. When the "who's better, cats or dogs?" type of threads became a problem, the mods figured out a way to stop it. Perhaps the same policies can be applied to strawmen, and strawwomen threads.
Ukraine - stop bombing innocent people! Pricks who burn other people alive should be punished.
WADA/IPC/IOC are begging Russia to form a strategic alliance with China. Perhaps it's time.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
If we tell the radical Republicans that there's proof that Global Warming doesn't exist in Death Valley, and the radical Democrats that there's proof of Russian Collusion there, would we have a better America?

(North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia! DonBass is De Facto Independent! Stand with NovoRossiya!
Tecumseh was a Real American

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adman, Bombadil, EldrichVoid1-3, Euro Asian Republics, Freezic Vast, Idzequitch, Internationalist Bastard, Jerzylvania, Klorgia1, Luminesa, Marcianus, Scomagia, Shark isle, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, The Grene Knyght, The National Salvation Front for Russia, The South Falls, Western Vale Confederacy

Advertisement

Remove ads