NATION

PASSWORD

Christian Discussion Thread VIII: Augustine's Revenge.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your denomination?

Roman Catholic
36%
Eastern Orthodox
9%
Non-Chalcedonian (Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East, etc.)
1%
Anglican/Episcopalian
5%
Lutheran or Reformed (including Calvinist, Presbyterian, etc.)
12%
Methodist
4%
Baptist
9%
Other Evangelical Protestant (Pentecostal, Charismatic, etc.)
7%
Restorationist (LDS Movement, Jehovah's Witness, etc.)
3%
Other Christian
14%

Total votes : 745

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:16 am

Secundus Imperium Romanum wrote:Catholics, what are your views on Pope Francis?

A good PR person.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:09 am

The Feylands wrote:
Horror, shame and desperation. :(

Idk what scares me the most, his Post-Marxist teachings (kinda understandable I guess considering where he's from) or the cult of peronality he's building around him. The later is also quite understandable in one way - he's 80 years old and wants to become a saint by being like a poor (wo)mans version of the Dalai Lama... but scary nontheless especially due the fanaticism of his suporters and the spiritual violence he uses against devout Catholics. :(

He is by no means a good pope- his rather poor administrative ability, populist tendencies, and doctrinal... Issues see to that. He is not, however, as bad as all that.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Secundus Imperium Romanum
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Secundus Imperium Romanum » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:27 am

The Feylands wrote:

Idk what scares me the most, his Post-Marxist teachings (kinda understandable I guess considering where he's from) or the cult of peronality he's building around him. The later is also quite understandable in one way - he's 80 years old and wants to become a saint by being like a poor (wo)mans version of the Dalai Lama... but scary nontheless especially due the fanaticism of his suporters and the spiritual violence he uses against devout Catholics. :(

He is a Jesuit, has grown up and helped the poor throughout his life, and the papacy does not prevent him from continuing it.
Secundus Imperium Romanum
A democratic nation, with the 1950s fashion.
Constitution · Parliamentary Debates · News · Embassy Program
Every day in Rome

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:47 am

He seems to be unrelated to child molestation and coverups of childmolestation.
He is therefor a sensible PR replacement for his predecessor.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:30 am

The Feylands wrote:

"Spiritual violence"? :eyebrow:
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:48 am

The Alma Mater wrote:

He seems to be unrelated to child molestation and coverups of childmolestation.

His record on the matter as pope(that is, when able to set his own policies) is actually quite a bit worse than Benedict's.
He is therefor a sensible PR replacement for his predecessor.

Well, what actually matters in PR for Catholic leadership is whether they appeal to people who might actually become Catholic, which is not a group particularly heavy on post-religious western leftists. It's mostly conservative members of collapsing denominations, third worlders, and evangelicals with a taste for liturgy. Except possibly third worlders, none of those groups have any reason to be fond of Papa Francisco.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:50 am

Maineiacs wrote:
The Feylands wrote:Horror, shame and desperation. :(

He means he says mean things.
It's hyperbolic description, but pointing it out is not.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:47 am

Diopolis wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

He means he says mean things.
It's hyperbolic description, but pointing it out is not.

What sort of "mean things"?
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

ThePeacekeepers
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby ThePeacekeepers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:14 am

Salus Maior wrote:
ThePeacekeepers wrote:Actually what I am doing is providing a strong basis of support using scripture that backs up the message I am trying to convey to you.
You cannot serve two masters. Simple, easy to understand.
Light has no communion with darkness. Again easy to understand.
If there be a matter of the law you are to settle it within the church not take it before a court of unbelievers. Which is a law separate of the government's law. This is an example to show that we are not to be a part of the unbelievers courts if we can help it, but settle matters on our own through the church and by God's Law.
As I have said before and shown you are to follow the governments rules as long as they are not in conflict with God's but you cannot serve the government and uphold its laws to the fullest degree as a Cop, Judge, Mayor, senator, President, etc. because you are now serving the government and its laws and not Yahweh.
I'm sorry you cant understand the truth.

(1 Peter 2:13-20)

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God. Consequently, the one who resists authority is opposing what God has set in place, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but bad. Do you want to be unafraid of the one in authority? Then do what is right, and you will have his approval. For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not carry the sword in vain. He is God’s servant, an agent of retribution to the wrongdoer.

Therefore, it is necessary to submit to authority, not only to avoid punishment, but also as a matter of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes. For the authorities are God’s servants, who devote themselves to their work. Pay everyone what you owe him: taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due.

1 Peter 2:13-20
13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.

19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.

20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
It says we are to submit ourselves to the law, when it goes along with the Doctrine of Yahweh. Which is what I've said this whole time. And what the Apostles preached and practiced.
Acts 5:27-29
27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

The Government's were chief among those who persecuted Christ and the Apostles showing themselves to be emissary's/servants of Lucifer and not Yahweh.
I will further elaborate on this subject shortly in my next post on romans 13 which covers this by proxy.

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:24 am

ThePeacekeepers wrote:The Government's were chief among those who persecuted Christ and the Apostles showing themselves to be emissary's/servants of Lucifer and not Yahweh.
I will further elaborate on this subject shortly in my next post on romans 13 which covers this by proxy.

However, governments can change. Just look at Roman history. They changed from a pagan nation that oppressed Christians into one of the most devoutly Christian nations of 1st century A.D. all thanks to the help of Emperor Constantine.
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

ThePeacekeepers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby ThePeacekeepers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:33 am

United Muscovite Nations wrote:
ThePeacekeepers wrote:So we are all clear on the meaning. kurioj
from kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, i.e. (as noun) controller; by implication, Master (as a respectful title):-- God, Lord, master, Sir.
So your answer to my question is no you cannot serve two masters/God's/Lords/ two controllers/ or two supreme authorities?
Yes or no.
No more no less, Anything else comes of evil.
Remember that is the direct and whole definition of the word you used and the one used in the bible.

In case you try to go to the Hebrew it says the same thing.
1) he to whom a person or thing belongs, about which he has power of deciding; master, lord
1a) the possessor and disposer of a thing
1a1) the owner; one who has control of the person, the master
1a2) in the state: the sovereign, prince, chief, the Roman emperor
1b) is a title of honour expressive of respect and reverence, with which servants greet their master
1c) this title is given to: God, the Messiah
I doubt you were going to but still its best to cover all bases.

God wants us to serve our betters in those ways which do not conflict with His commandments, because all Earthly authorities are established by God.

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. (Romans 13:1)

Full disclosure, this is a study not written by me but my pastor/superior. It is more in depth than what I write myself and I'm told there is going to be one in even greater depth when the time to do so is found. I will update/post on this subject again when the revised and completed version is made.

Let us Learn the True meaning of Romans 13:

99.9% of pastors today teach that this refers to governments and rulers of the world. But taken/understood by the spirit of YHWH truth shows us that it is reffering to God and true ministers of Christ Yahshua only Rom 13:1 states that there is no power but YHWH. Also YHWH/Yahshua ordains those to teach his word ordinance's/laws/commands/doctrine All Are subject to the commands of God not those of the world. Romans 13:2,
Whosoever resistith the law/commands of YHWH/Yahshua resistith God, and will be damned. Rom 13:3 who are these rulers? See Romans 12:8. Romans 13:3-4 for ruler of the church of God. Those who teach his doctrine/gospel/commands are not against good, but against evil. His ministers shall praise all that follow christ and his laws/doctrines/commands. They, God's ministers, shall bring the (word of God)the sword against all evil workers. Heb 4:12, matt 10:44.
Heb 13:6-7
6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

If Romans 13 refers to worldy rulers and governments. It would refer to all the governments in history. Such as Ceasar, Hitler, Mao, Sadam, etc. Did they reward Christ follwers for doing good?
1. Whom put Yahshua to death?
2. By who's Laws/authority?
3. Did he do Evil?
4. What Authorities put the Apostles to death?
5. Was it for doing evil? Romans 13:3-4
6. Did the worldly authorites praise Yahshua and the Apostles for doing good work? Matt 10:18-20 "18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
;Romans 13:3
Rulers of God's church (Romans 12:8) by rightly dividing the word of God we see that Romans 13 is not speaking to worldly governments. But is speaking of those whom God has called to lead the church in all truth and goodness. His ministers/rulers(Romans 3:8) teaching all his commands/doctrine/ordaninces. Rom 13:2,9-10 Laws of God. Yahshua and the Apostles teach us to follow God not man, but if man's law is NOT against God's we are to follow it.
Daniel 6:8-16
Daniel 3:12-29
27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Peace

P.S. I added the Bolded and underlined parts.
Last edited by ThePeacekeepers on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:36 am

ThePeacekeepers wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:God wants us to serve our betters in those ways which do not conflict with His commandments, because all Earthly authorities are established by God.

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. (Romans 13:1)

Full disclosure, this is a study not written by me. It is more in depth than what I write myself and I'm told there is going to be one in even greater depth when the time to do so is found. I will update/post on this subject again when the revised and completed version is made.

99.9% of pastors today teach that this refers to governments and rulers of the world. But taken/understood by the spirit of YHWH truth shows us that it is reffering to God and true ministers of Christ Yahshua only Rom 13:1 states that there is no power but YHWH. Also YHWH/Yahshua ordains those to teach his word ordinance's/laws/commands/doctrine All Are subject to the commands of God not those of the world. Romans 13:2,
Whosoever resistith the law/commands of YHWH/Yahshua resistith God, and will be damned. Rom 13:3 who are these rulers? See Romans 12:8. Romans 13:3-4 for ruler of the church of God. Those who teach his doctrine/gospel/commands are not against good, but against evil. His ministers shall praise all that follow christ and his laws/doctrines/commands. They, God's ministers, shall bring the (word of God)the sword against all evil workers. Heb 4:12, matt 10:44.
6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

If Romans 13 refers to worldy rulers and governments. It would refer to all the governments in history. Such as Ceasar, Hitler, Mao, Sadam, etc. Did they reward Christ follwers for doing good?
3. Did he do Evil?
6. Did the worldly authorites praise Yahshua and the Apostles for doing good work? Matt 10:18-20 "18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
Rulers of God's church (Romans 12:8) by rightly dividing the word of God we see that Romans 13 is not speaking to worldly governments. But is speaking of those whom God has called to lead the church in all truth and goodness. His ministers/rulers(Romans 3:8) teaching all his commands/doctrine/ordaninces. Rom 13:2,9-10 Laws of God. Yahshua and the Apostles teach us to follow God not man, but if man's law is NOT against God's we are to follow it.

Peace

Cite your sources.

ThePeacekeepers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby ThePeacekeepers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:48 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
ThePeacekeepers wrote:Full disclosure, this is a study not written by me. It is more in depth than what I write myself and I'm told there is going to be one in even greater depth when the time to do so is found. I will update/post on this subject again when the revised and completed version is made.

3. Did he do Evil?

Peace

Cite your sources.

There is no site to source. It is my pastor/superior's study.
Last edited by ThePeacekeepers on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:03 am

ThePeacekeepers wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Cite your sources.

There is no site to source. It is my pastor/superior's study.

That's a source. Cite it.

ThePeacekeepers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby ThePeacekeepers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:12 am

The Catholic church/the Orthodox church/ and nearly all of the protestant churches hold the satanic belief that there are situations where it is okay to Harm someone. This is a study showing they are all liars and destitute of the truth. Again full disclosure, I did not write this it is my superior/pastor's study which I had very little part in creating.

Most Christians believe its okay to kill or harm others while protecting themselves, family, or country. Most so called pastors agree, but the word of God says contrary. Christ Yahshua says in
Matthew 5:7-9
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Matthew 5:38-39
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Matthew 5:44
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
John the Baptist told roman soldiers in,
Luke 3:14
14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.
1 Peter 3:9 says,
9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
Ephesians 6:15 says,
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
When Paul was struck in the mouth he did not retaliate with violence,
Acts 23:2-3
2 And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth.
3 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?
Revelation 13:10 says,
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and
the faith of the saints.
Matthew 26:51-52
51 And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
Christ also says we are to be as wise as a serpent and as harmless as a dove,
Matt 10:16
16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Romans 12:17-21
17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Of course this goes against human nature. But Christ followers are to be separate and different than worldly people. They are peaceful, loving, and kind. When a man kills another man he takes not only his life but also that mans chance to repent and be saved. For all who die in sin are damned.
This is why Christians can not harm or kill anyone for any reason.
Romans 8:36
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Revelation 12:11
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

No New Testament scripture says contrary. No! Not even one can be found. Anyone that teaches contrary is a liar and not teaching Christ's one true doctrine.
1 Timothy 4:1
4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Timothy 4:3-4
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Peace

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:16 am

ThePeacekeepers wrote:The Catholic church/the Orthodox church/ and nearly all of the protestant churches hold the satanic belief that there are situations where it is okay to Harm someone. This is a study showing they are all liars and destitute of the truth. Again full disclosure, I did not write this it is my superior/pastor's study which I had very little part in creating.

Most Christians believe its okay to kill or harm others while protecting themselves, family, or country. Most so called pastors agree, but the word of God says contrary. Christ Yahshua says in
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.
9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
2 And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth.
3 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and
the faith of the saints.
51 And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Of course this goes against human nature. But Christ followers are to be separate and different than worldly people. They are peaceful, loving, and kind. When a man kills another man he takes not only his life but also that mans chance to repent and be saved. For all who die in sin are damned.
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

No New Testament scripture says contrary. No! Not even one can be found. Anyone that teaches contrary is a liar and not teaching Christ's one true doctrine.
4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Peace

So what do you propose to do about murder and other crimes? Would you allow yourself and your family to be killed?

We live in a sinful world, even by living, we sin; sometimes, sin is unfortunately necessary, because of the fallen nature of the world.

I think the last part you site refers to you and your church. Prove me wrong.
Grumpy Grandpa of the LWDT and RWDT
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:20 am

Moreover, if Christians adhered to the idiotic doctrine you are preaching, Peacekeepers, we would do absolutely nothing to stop genocide. It would be far worse than the situation we have today.

Killing people is always a sin, but if not committing one sin leads to worse sins, then what do we do?
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:22 am

United Muscovite Nations wrote:Moreover, if Christians adhered to the idiotic doctrine you are preaching, Peacekeepers, we would do absolutely nothing to stop genocide. It would be far worse than the situation we have today.

Killing people is always a sin, but if not committing one sin leads to worse sins, then what do we do?

Die out and fulfill Satans wish ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

ThePeacekeepers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby ThePeacekeepers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:24 am

ThePeacekeepers wrote:The Catholic church/the Orthodox church/ and nearly all of the protestant churches hold the satanic belief that there are situations where it is okay to Harm someone. This is a study showing they are all liars and destitute of the truth. Again full disclosure, I did not write this it is my superior/pastor's study which I had very little part in creating.

the faith of the saints.

Peace

So what do you propose to do about murder and other crimes? Would you allow yourself and your family to be killed?

We live in a sinful world, even by living, we sin; sometimes, sin is unfortunately necessary, because of the fallen nature of the world.

Yes, as the Lord has said in the numerous scriptures above we are to be lambs to the slaughter all the day long and love not our lives unto death. It is a great thing to die in service to the Lord.
If you sin you go against God, harming/killing another man is a sin. If you have any questions all the answers I will be giving will come from my previous post.

I do not understand what it is you are trying to say. Could you please clarify.

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:27 am

ThePeacekeepers wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:So what do you propose to do about murder and other crimes? Would you allow yourself and your family to be killed?

Yes, as the Lord has said in the numerous scriptures above we are to be lambs to the slaughter all the day long and love not our lives unto death. It is a great thing to die in service to the Lord.
If you sin you go against God, harming/killing another man is a sin. If you have any questions all the answers I will be giving will come from my previous post.

I think you are the false teachers in the latter days.

So, when you look lustfully at a woman (and don't even try to deny that you don't) are you going against God? Even if you repent of it afterward?

Should we do nothing to murderers, no punishment at all, just let them go free and continuing to murder people?

Should abortionists be allowed to murder the unborn at will?

Did the UN do the right thing by not intervening in the Rwandan Genocide?

Was stopping WWII and the Holocaust satanic?

ThePeacekeepers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby ThePeacekeepers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:29 am

United Muscovite Nations wrote:Moreover, if Christians adhered to the idiotic doctrine you are preaching, Peacekeepers, we would do absolutely nothing to stop genocide. It would be far worse than the situation we have today.

As I was once told, there will always be evil people in this world willing to kill for their country/family/self preservation/etc.
We Christians are meant to die all day long for the Lord's sake, as he has said for us to do. You can't accept it because it is not natural but spiritual. All the things you are questioning are in the scripture in the post you are commenting on.
Last edited by ThePeacekeepers on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:32 am

ThePeacekeepers wrote:

As I was once told, there will always be evil people in this world willing to kill for their country/family/self preservation/etc.
We Christians are meant to die all day long for the Lord's sake, as he has said for us to do. You can't accept it because it is not natural but spiritual. All the things you are questioning are in the scripture in the post you are commenting on.

If it's wrong to kill no matter the circumstances, why did God order the Israelites to kill people?

And what about non-Christians? Should we expect them to die because we can't be bothered to help them?

ThePeacekeepers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby ThePeacekeepers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:33 am

ThePeacekeepers wrote:Yes, as the Lord has said in the numerous scriptures above we are to be lambs to the slaughter all the day long and love not our lives unto death. It is a great thing to die in service to the Lord.

I think you are the false teachers in the latter days.

So, when you look lustfully at a woman (and don't even try to deny that you don't) are you going against God? Even if you repent of it afterward?

Should we do nothing to murderers, no punishment at all, just let them go free and continuing to murder people?

I see your trap.
Sin/evil is against god. Once you repent the sin is forgiven, assuming you were baptized first. It is very simple.
I have a study on salvation/baptism if you have any questions on that.

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:36 am

ThePeacekeepers wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:I think you are the false teachers in the latter days.

I see your trap.
Sin/evil is against god. Once you repent the sin is forgiven, assuming you were baptized first. It is very simple.
I have a study on salvation/baptism if you have any questions on that.

You didn't answer the rest of my question: should we allow murder, genocide, etc. to be committed against others without any consequences?

And, if we can repent of sins, why can't you acknowledge that a relatively minor sin may be considered acceptable to God if it is for the purpose of avoiding a worse sin, or for stopping the commission of greater sins?

ThePeacekeepers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby ThePeacekeepers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:38 am

ThePeacekeepers wrote:As I was once told, there will always be evil people in this world willing to kill for their country/family/self preservation/etc.

If it's wrong to kill no matter the circumstances, why did God order the Israelites to kill people?

And what about non-Christians? Should we expect them to die because we can't be bothered to help them?

Old testament, old law. New testament, new law. I have a study on this if you have questions on the subject.

The goal of Christians is to live a life devoted to the Lord fully observing his law/doctrine. Those who do not believe we are to bring his word to in the hopes they to will have everlasting life. Our worldly death only brings us closer to Yahweh, we should only hope to be so lucky as to die for the Lord's sake. We as Christians do not love our lives unto death, we are as lambs to the slaughter. So saith the Lord.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General