NATION

PASSWORD

Muppets dump Chick-fil-a

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Well it's either that or you could learn to make your own...which could be interesting :p

I probably could make my own fairly easily, but the only thing I want it for is dunking chicken nuggets, tenders, and wings, it really wouldn't be worth the trouble.
Well you make your own, pick up bamboo shoots water chestnuts and bok choy, find a good recipe for Lo Mein and give both the capricious zealot assholes and your local MSG-infused chinese place the middle finger.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:36 pm

They just opened a Chick-fil-a here for the first time, and man-o-man, it was fucking nasty. No, nasty would be a complement because that meant that it had some sort of character outside of some chickenlike slab betwixt something resembling bread.

This will be the easiest boycott since Nike (not liking sneakers in general as I do).
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:They just opened a Chick-fil-a here for the first time, and man-o-man, it was fucking nasty. No, nasty would be a complement because that meant that it had some sort of character outside of some chickenlike slab betwixt something resembling bread.

This will be the easiest boycott since Nike (not liking sneakers in general as I do).
I know, I can't figure it out for the life of me. I mean Popeye's AND KFC both have more flavor in their chicken than Capricious Zealouts-A, so how in the blue hell have they survived?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:I probably could make my own fairly easily, but the only thing I want it for is dunking chicken nuggets, tenders, and wings, it really wouldn't be worth the trouble.
Well you make your own, pick up bamboo shoots water chestnuts and bok choy, find a good recipe for Lo Mein and give both the capricious zealot assholes and your local MSG-infused chinese place the middle finger.

Actually, I have a big jar of MSG in my pantry. Got it at an international market. Stuff is awesome, and I wish I could use it more often.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote: Well you make your own, pick up bamboo shoots water chestnuts and bok choy, find a good recipe for Lo Mein and give both the capricious zealot assholes and your local MSG-infused chinese place the middle finger.

Actually, I have a big jar of MSG in my pantry. Got it at an international market. Stuff is awesome, and I wish I could use it more often.
MSG is the refuge of the lazy chef...just like Chik-fil-A! Congratulations! You could operate a franchise, you understand the product :twisted:

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:03 pm

No coincidence that I stopped going there a long time ago. Well, it is, but I didn't want to say that.

They have the worst service of any "fast food" chain I have ever been to, so I wasn't planning on going back to begin with.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:Actually, I have a big jar of MSG in my pantry. Got it at an international market. Stuff is awesome, and I wish I could use it more often.
MSG is the refuge of the lazy chef...just like Chik-fil-A! Congratulations! You could operate a franchise, you understand the product :twisted:

Lazy my ass. It makes veggies pop, and if you don't over do it, it's pretty good in eggs.

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:06 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:MSG is the refuge of the lazy chef...just like Chik-fil-A! Congratulations! You could operate a franchise, you understand the product :twisted:

Lazy my ass. It makes veggies pop, and if you don't over do it, it's pretty good in eggs.
Oooor you could simply go find better veggies than what they offer under the sprayers at the supermarket, same thing with the eggs.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:Lazy my ass. It makes veggies pop, and if you don't over do it, it's pretty good in eggs.
Oooor you could simply go find better veggies than what they offer under the sprayers at the supermarket, same thing with the eggs.

The last thing I made with MSG was a cabbage from a farmer's market. I used half a teaspoon on the whole head. Ooh, so lazy.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Kermit, what are you hiding?

You're seriously asking what a naked frog dating a pig could be hiding about his sex life? He's been out about the exhibitionism and the porciphilia for fifty years now, and you really think he'd hide something like dressing up like Statler or Waldorf to get off?
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Oooor you could simply go find better veggies than what they offer under the sprayers at the supermarket, same thing with the eggs.

The last thing I made with MSG was a cabbage from a farmer's market. I used half a teaspoon on the whole head. Ooh, so lazy.
I bet that farmer is crying right now, you defiling that cabbage and all...

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:The last thing I made with MSG was a cabbage from a farmer's market. I used half a teaspoon on the whole head. Ooh, so lazy.
I bet that farmer is crying right now, you defiling that cabbage and all...

Who cares? It's fucking delicious.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:I bet that farmer is crying right now, you defiling that cabbage and all...

Who cares? It's fucking delicious.
You can have it, I'll stick to going to the Hooters across the street from Chik-fil-A and convincing the waitress to let me.... nevermind, the point is it would be offensive to the "Family Values" set that regularly parks their fat asses in Chik-fil-A's across this nation.

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Genivaria wrote:
TaQud wrote:No I eat inside its just they never play any msuic let alone christian music

Huh.

no music is ever played when i walk in
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Cill Charthaigh
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Muppets dump Chick-fil-a

Postby Cill Charthaigh » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Chick-fil-a is amazingly good IMO. As much as I support gay rights, come on. It's tasty and the only part that bugs me about their Christian practices is that they are closed Sunday.
According to OnTheIssues, I'm a moderate libertarian.
Political Compass - Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

Cill Charthaigh is currently in the year 1984, beginning in the year 1968. On the 2nd of every month, Cill Charthaigh advances by one year.

"Cill Charthaigh I love you. Show us the light, LORD AND SAVIOR" - NSG

please guys give me some love hmmmbbbbb

Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll?

AT LAST I HAVE RETURNED FROM MY TRAVELS TO REDDIT. I return reformed!

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Chick-fil-a is bringing a breach of contract action against the Muppets.
The damages are expected to be high enough that Chick-fil-a may become the owners of the copy right to the Muppets franchise.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:05 pm

greed and death wrote:Chick-fil-a is bringing a breach of contract action against the Muppets.
The damages are expected to be high enough that Chick-fil-a may become the owners of the copy right to the Muppets franchise.

Some how I think Disney might be amused by that concept, saying they own those rights and Disney don't play fair.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Economic Left/Right: -3.12|Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

Who is Tom Joad?

Adafdfadfasdf
Diplomat

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Adafdfadfasdf » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Cill Charthaigh wrote:Chick-fil-a is amazingly good IMO. As much as I support gay rights, come on. It's tasty and the only part that bugs me about their Christian practices is that they are closed Sunday.

Being closed on Sunday is the only part of their Christian practices that I agree with. Most places should be closed on Sundays.

(Note that I don't support Blue Laws)
Bucky Katt- Hey, I’ll tolerate ‘em when they stop being freaks and act like me.

Adafdfadfasdf
Diplomat

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Adafdfadfasdf » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:22 pm

greed and death wrote:Chick-fil-a is bringing a breach of contract action against the Muppets.

Yeah. The Chick-fil-a lawyers shouldn't hold their breath. Even if they prove breach of contract, the damages won't be anywhere near the value of the Muppets franchise.
Bucky Katt- Hey, I’ll tolerate ‘em when they stop being freaks and act like me.

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Adafdfadfasdf wrote:

Yeah. The Chick-fil-a lawyers shouldn't hold their breath. Even if they prove breach of contract, the damages won't be anywhere near the value of the Muppets franchise.

greed and death lives in a world all of his own, don't worry.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

Faolinn
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Faolinn » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Wonderful news. It's good to see people with their head screwed on right these days. Gods know we need more of them.
"And the Gods said down with tyrants and it was good."-Me
One of the religious left.
Research supports cynicism
My ideology.

I support: Deism, Evolution, Pro Choice, Feminism, Environmentalism, Communal Anarchism, Cosmopolitanism, Transcendentalism, Occultism, Anarcho Syndicalism, Mutualism, Legalizing Illegal substances, Sexual Freedom, LGBT Rights, Freedom of Speech

I oppose: Fascism, Objectivism, Determinism, Nihlism, Evangelism, Anarcho Capitalism, Atheism (militant), Conservatism, Monarchy, Totalitarianism,Might = Right, Timocracy, Plutocracy, Oligarchy, Materialism, Creationism, Transhumanism, Legalism, Nationalism, Imperialsm, Racism

I disagree with but have some respect for: Secular Humanism, Agnosticism

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Let me guess your firm jumped on this?

They won't file as it's a loosing battle. Suing the Muppets? Talking about a publicity nightmare.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Nadkor wrote:
Adafdfadfasdf wrote:

Can't I have my own worst case sense of humor where chik-fil-a gets the muppets and uses them to preach their message.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 pm

greed and death wrote:
Nadkor wrote:

Can't I have my own worst case sense of humor where chik-fil-a gets the muppets and uses them to preach their message.

Apparently not.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007

Postby SaintB » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:43 pm

I always loved the Muppets :)
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General