NATION

PASSWORD

Muppets dump Chick-fil-a

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Muppets dump Chick-fil-a

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Never tried them but it seems their President decided to use his position to preach gay marriage is bad.

http://www.nctimes.com/business/food-ch ... 6c64c.html

The Muppets decided they were no longer worthy.

From their facebook page:

The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over fifty years and we have notified Chick-Fil-A that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors. Lisa Henson, our CEO is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A to GLAAD. (http://www.glaad.org/)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-jim- ... 8864755563

I do like Chick-fil-A's statement:

Chick-fil-A in a statement said it has a history of applying biblically-based principles to its business, and that it strives to treat everyone with honor, dignity and respect.

I used to believe in the BS line of "hate the sin but love the sinner" but I quickly learned it was just a nice way to feel good about treating others bad.

You are not worthy of marriage but we love you......
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Kermit, what are you hiding?

But, really, an insignificant story, but kind of nice.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:58 pm

It's a good thing I don't eat there.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:58 pm

What do you expect? The Owner is Christian so they would probably oppose same-sex marriage...
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:00 pm

TaQud wrote:What do you expect? The Owner is Christian so they would probably oppose same-sex marriage...

Plenty of Christians do not oppose it.

The brand of fundamentalist Christian evangelist that has taken control of much of the American right is not indicative of huge swathes of Christianity.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Go Muppets!

I've known about Chick-fil-a's anti-gay stance for a few years now, but really haven't done much as I have eaten there maybe twice since I got out of college. I wish I had known in my college days, so I wouldn't have given the one in our food court any of my money.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Nadkor wrote:
TaQud wrote:What do you expect? The Owner is Christian so they would probably oppose same-sex marriage...

The brand of fundamentalist Christian evangelist that has taken control of much of the American right is not indicative of huge swathes of Christianity.

Shhhh. Let him live in his atheist fantasy land where every Christian is a gay-hating sociopath.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Why must something so good be so bigoted? :(
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Nadkor wrote:

not where I live...
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Nadkor wrote:

Shhhh. Let him live in his atheist fantasy land where every Christian is a gay-hating sociopath.

i didn't say I hate it (i'm neutral so I don't really care) its just where I live thats opposed to it

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Glad to hear it.

Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:04 pm

That Henson gave the payment to GLAAD is pretty fucking excellent.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME TG's. MODERATORS READ YOUR TG's WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Flowers Call me Rubi for short or Vonners

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:05 pm

TaQud wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

i didn't say I hate it (i'm neutral so I don't really care) its just where I live thats opposed to it

Is it the younger generation or the older generation? I live in Texas and it's not a problem usually (although I've been to the poorer parts of Texas and it's horrible) with the younger generation. And when it is, it's not because they're Christian, it's because they're closed-minded assholes in general.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
TaQud wrote:i didn't say I hate it (i'm neutral so I don't really care) its just where I live thats opposed to it

Is it the younger generation or the older generation? I live in Texas and it's not a problem usually (although I've been to the poorer parts of Texas and it's horrible) with the younger generation. And when it is, it's not because they're Christian, it's because they're closed-minded assholes in general.

Where in Texas do you live? I'm in the Conroe area.

Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Nadkor wrote:

Yeah...there's isn't a massive and violent anti gay sentiment in other Christian countries like Nigera, Ghana, Scotland etc...
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME TG's. MODERATORS READ YOUR TG's WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Flowers Call me Rubi for short or Vonners

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:07 pm

TaQud wrote:
Nadkor wrote:

not where I live...

Don't live in a shithole then.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:07 pm

That's good. Hopefully they learned something.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:07 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

Where in Texas do you live? I'm in the Conroe area.

Collin Country. I'm north of Dallas and it's about a 35-40 minute drive there.

Partybus
Minister

Founded: Oct 20, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Partybus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Kermit, what are you hiding?

But, really, an insignificant story, but kind of nice.

Actually, I would think a more appropriate question would be; Miss (?) Piggy, what are you hiding? a little sausage?

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Where in Texas do you live? I'm in the Conroe area.

I'm gonna come visit some time. :hug:

Partybus
Minister

Founded: Oct 20, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Partybus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Last edited by Partybus on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

I'm gonna come visit some time. :hug:

I would be disappointed if you didn't. :p

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Yay for the Muppets! Although, I've never eaten Chick-a-fil-a or whatever because it doesn't exist here.
This was formerly a signature. One day, it may return to its splendid past. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of my cats.

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Cromarty wrote:
TaQud wrote:not where I live...

Don't live in a shithole then.

>:(

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Eat More Cow.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General