NATION

PASSWORD

MineCraft

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vocenae
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Vocenae » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:38 pm

Minecraft is Bestcraft.

It's just amazing how you can lose yourself in the game, be it base building, gathering, exploring or trying to figure out how to get out of the cave system you fell into with no torches. Right now I've been on the eternal search for diamond from my rather large underground base, and justa few minutes ago I created a very claustrophobic tight spiral staircase from the natural obsidian farm at bedrock all the way up to the surface.

This game has easily been the best $15 bucks I've ever spent, and there's still so much more stuff yet to come.
The Imperial Star Republic
18:34 <Kyrusia> Voc: The one anchor of moral conscience in a sea of turbulent depravity.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:28 pm

Vocenae wrote:Minecraft is Bestcraft.

It's just amazing how you can lose yourself in the game, be it base building, gathering, exploring or trying to figure out how to get out of the cave system you fell into with no torches. Right now I've been on the eternal search for diamond from my rather large underground base, and justa few minutes ago I created a very claustrophobic tight spiral staircase from the natural obsidian farm at bedrock all the way up to the surface.

This game has easily been the best $15 bucks I've ever spent, and there's still so much more stuff yet to come.

According to the developer they believe they will never stop updating the game with new features.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Its pretty decent. I say decent because the leaves doesn't disappear and the logs burn infinitely >:(
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:15 am

Norstal wrote:Its pretty decent. I say decent because the leaves doesn't disappear and the logs burn infinitely >:(

yah leaves are annoying, but i find i can remove them later on my using the lighter (flint and iron). makes short work of the ugly floaty leaves.

infinite burning logs isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Noders
Senator

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noders » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:16 am

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
Norstal wrote:Its pretty decent. I say decent because the leaves doesn't disappear and the logs burn infinitely >:(

yah leaves are annoying, but i find i can remove them later on my using the lighter (flint and iron). makes short work of the ugly floaty leaves.

you whats funny is that i just use those as giant markers for finding stuff
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Me=Noders God of pissing you off
Parkus= God Of Sex and Cool and lots of Cigs
Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
Indeos=God of you know what just a bloody god
Xarithis= God Of World Domination
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:21 pm

Noders wrote:
Mad hatters in jeans wrote:yah leaves are annoying, but i find i can remove them later on my using the lighter (flint and iron). makes short work of the ugly floaty leaves.

you whats funny is that i just use those as giant markers for finding stuff

yup burning trees make for a decent landmark, hell if you have the time making a lava tower is the best landmark to make.
for instance a lava tower at your base is pretty easy to see from a long way away, like from spawn point.
can't wait for the next updates.

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:23 pm

Noders wrote:you whats funny is that i just use those as giant markers for finding stuff

yup burning trees make for a decent landmark, hell if you have the time making a lava tower is the best landmark to make.
for instance a lava tower at your base is pretty easy to see from a long way away, like from spawn point.
can't wait for the next updates.

i got meh a bucket!
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Flat Beats
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Flat Beats » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:59 pm

I love the game, just can't play it now, 'cause MACs SUUUUUUUCK. (we have a variety ((really just 1)) of expensive ones too, for my dad who is the Wilco audio manager.)

That's right, OSX is worse than OS. Capitalism wins again.
Some can't tell the difference between "Book Smart" and "Street Smart", what ever happened to common sense and intelligence?

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:18 am

you know i just put lava and water in the same area and it made this purplish block what is that?

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:11 am

Noders wrote:you know i just put lava and water in the same area and it made this purplish block what is that?

that is obsidian, hardest rock in the game and can only be mined successfully with diamond pick.
minecraft wiki would explain this of course i'm just being nice as i know this info off by heart.
haven't tried tnt on it, that would be interesting.

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:52 am

Noders wrote:you know i just put lava and water in the same area and it made this purplish block what is that?

that is obsidian, hardest rock in the game and can only be mined successfully with diamond pick.
minecraft wiki would explain this of course i'm just being nice as i know this info off by heart.

oh cool

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

Vocenae
Ambassador

Postby Vocenae » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Obsidian can withstand tnt damage up to (possibly over) 9000 points I believe.
18:34 <Kyrusia> Voc: The one anchor of moral conscience in a sea of turbulent depravity.

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Vocenae wrote:Obsidian can withstand tnt damage up to (possibly over) 9000 points I believe.

kool... i tried to mine some and i died when i fell through into a lava pit

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

Vocenae
Ambassador

Postby Vocenae » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:12 pm

The cardinal rule of Minecraft is thus: Never dig straight up, never dig straight down. Stand off to the side to mine stone, do not stand directly beneath or directly on top.

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Vocenae wrote:The cardinal rule of Minecraft is thus: Never dig straight up, never dig straight down. Stand off to the side to mine stone, do not stand directly beneath or directly on top.

i know i didn't think i was right over it

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

Andrioven
Secretary

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Andrioven » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:49 am

Offenheim wrote:I thought so too, but they've taken all the fun out of the free version by removing saving. Alpha is really a huge step up.

I thought you could still save in the free version...I've been playing it for a while now and as long as I log in it lets me save just fine (I haven't bought the game. Yet, anyway.)

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Its possible to build an obsidian mill. A simple one is made of stone or cobble (so that you don't accidentally smash it to bits when mining) and is at least 8 blocks long 3 blocks wide with a hollow trench and closed off at both ends. On one end build it up to a second level, (2 blocks in) and block it off with sand or dirt or something else common and easy to break, pour a single bucket of water into the resulting pit.

To use it fill the trench with 6 buckets of lava (make sure that none of it flows) and then break the barrier holding the water back, when the water flows over the lava you should end up with 6 blocks of obsidian.

I'll get pictures soonish to show how it works and should be constructed; I'm also playing with more advanced designs using levers and iron gates and stuff. It makes producing obsidian much easier.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:35 pm

SaintB wrote:
Mad hatters in jeans wrote:that is obsidian, hardest rock in the game and can only be mined successfully with diamond pick.

Its possible to build an obsidian mill. A simple one is made of stone or cobble (so that you don't accidentally smash it to bits when mining) and is at least 8 blocks long 3 blocks wide with a hollow trench and closed off at both ends. On one end build it up to a second level, (2 blocks in) and block it off with sand or dirt or something else common and easy to break, pour a single bucket of water into the resulting pit.

To use it fill the trench with 6 buckets of lava (make sure that none of it flows) and then break the barrier holding the water back, when the water flows over the lava you should end up with 6 blocks of obsidian.

I'll get pictures soonish to show how it works and should be constructed; I'm also playing with more advanced designs using levers and iron gates and stuff. It makes producing obsidian much easier.

cool ^^

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:44 am

Screenshot I wanted to share, this is the scenic view of Fire Mountain.

And picks of the obsidian mill.

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:44 am

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
ok guys my most recent video is really long so im sorry but gist is i built a model of the CSS Ironclad the Virgina so...............YEA but i want to know if any one wants to join up and build stuff ^^ here's the link
the long video
Last edited by Noders on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Noders wrote:AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
ok guys my most recent video is really long so im sorry but gist is i built a model of the CSS Ironclad the Virgina so...............YEA but i want to know if any one wants to join up and build stuff ^^ here's the link
the long video

That's pretty nice

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:28 pm

SaintB wrote:
Noders wrote:AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
the long video

That's pretty nice

^^ you didn't watch the video did you?

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:47 am

just finished me model of the USS Monitor!

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

Offenheim
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Offenheim » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:05 am

SaintB,

Is it possible to make an infinite spring of lava? I've been able to make an infinite spring of water, but I've found when I tried to repeat the process with lava, it didn't work.
"No one has yet learned to drive a locomotive sitting in his study."
-Leon Trotsky

A Royal Fellowship of Death (WW1 RP)
-Central Urpaian Front

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:44 am

Offenheim wrote:SaintB,

Is it possible to make an infinite spring of lava? I've been able to make an infinite spring of water, but I've found when I tried to repeat the process with lava, it didn't work.

I don't play with lava often since I have a habit of catching myself on fire... so I dunno.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction