NATION

PASSWORD

MineCraft

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft wrote:Anyone here watching MineCon Earth tomorrow? I am

No, my friend wants me to go with him to one of the "viewing parties" at a Microsoft store (He's a partner so they're expecting him to go to one) but I'm not going near one with a 10 ft pole. I do love though how they're acting like a couple hour livestream is comparable to an actual convention with panels that was live streamed the whole weekend.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:22 pm

And update 1.14 is going to be the Aquatic update, making new water based mobs, new underwater structures, new water physics, and things like coral and seaweed/kelp.

Also, we're getting a new weapon (A Trident) and enchantments.
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:09 pm

New haven america wrote:And update 1.14 is going to be the Aquatic update, making new water based mobs, new underwater structures, new water physics, and things like coral and seaweed/kelp.

:clap:
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Anarchitaria
Envoy

Founded: Sep 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarchitaria » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:02 pm

New haven america wrote:And update 1.14 is going to be the Aquatic update, making new water based mobs, new underwater structures, new water physics, and things like coral and seaweed/kelp.

Color me intrigued (albeit I don't play Minecraft much). :geek:
Peter Kropotkin wrote, “We accustom ourselves and our children to hypocrisy, to the practice of a double-faced morality. And since the brain is ill at ease among lies, we cheat ourselves with sophistry. Hypocrisy and sophistry become the second nature of the civilized man. But a society cannot live thus; it must return to truth or cease to exist.” The Conquest of Bread (1892)

Vocenae
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Vocenae » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:49 pm

Good to see the ocean getting some life. I remember back in the day all the mods that added coral and whales and such to the oceans. Anyone remember the Aether mod? Mojang/Microsoft should just buy that mod and then polish it up and add it to the game.

That being said, I hate the fact that I can't get back into my account because mine is so old that it has been lost. So I can't recover my password or anything. Sad times.
The Imperial Star Republic
18:34 <Kyrusia> Voc: The one anchor of moral conscience in a sea of turbulent depravity.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Vocenae wrote:Good to see the ocean getting some life. I remember back in the day all the mods that added coral and whales and such to the oceans. Anyone remember the Aether mod? Mojang/Microsoft should just buy that mod and then polish it up and add it to the game.

That being said, I hate the fact that I can't get back into my account because mine is so old that it has been lost. So I can't recover my password or anything. Sad times.

IIRC, Mojang and Microsoft do have a system where you can retrieve old accounts, at least that's what I've heard...
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Vocenae
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Vocenae » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Apparently they don't even have my email registration anymore. I came in way back in the Alpha days so, yeah.
The Imperial Star Republic
18:34 <Kyrusia> Voc: The one anchor of moral conscience in a sea of turbulent depravity.

Shurjah
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:36 pm

This game is dumb I do not know why kids like it a lot
ابداع صدقني
سواسته صكه خفيفه ما حقينا إلا الي كيفه

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:37 pm

Hells bells yeah.
I hope the new water physics does something about running/stationary water under the sea, because there's this thing where the water is running water instead of stationary water against the glass in a glass dome, but it's at the bottom of the ocean. You can't see through the running water, and there shouldn't be running water there, ideally. I think water physics could use a do-up.

Then to make the glass domes at the bottom of the sea actually kinda worth it, there's going to be more than sand, gravel, and squid to look at. Oceans feel bloody dead. The Nether is more alive than oceans. I should know, I tried building underwater once (think I axed that ugly world and ugly build) and now I'm building in the Nether.

Not sure what they mean by underwater structures. Maybe ocean vents? That might be cool... Although they probably mean something made by something sentient.

Trident is kewl. Wonder what the enchantments are.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:41 pm

Vocenae wrote:Good to see the ocean getting some life. I remember back in the day all the mods that added coral and whales and such to the oceans. Anyone remember the Aether mod? Mojang/Microsoft should just buy that mod and then polish it up and add it to the game.

I think Jeb or whoever said they're never doing something like the Aether. Don't quote me on that, though.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:44 pm

I think Jeb or whoever said they're never doing something like the Aether. Don't quote me on that, though.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:00 pm

Zanera wrote:

Hells bells yeah.
I hope the new water physics does something about running/stationary water under the sea, because there's this thing where the water is running water instead of stationary water against the glass in a glass dome, but it's at the bottom of the ocean. You can't see through the running water, and there shouldn't be running water there, ideally. I think water physics could use a do-up.

Then to make the glass domes at the bottom of the sea actually kinda worth it, there's going to be more than sand, gravel, and squid to look at. Oceans feel bloody dead. The Nether is more alive than oceans. I should know, I tried building underwater once (think I axed that ugly world and ugly build) and now I'm building in the Nether.

Not sure what they mean by underwater structures. Maybe ocean vents? That might be cool... Although they probably mean something made by something sentient.

I hope the new water physics don't mess up farms though, seeing as how water can go through grass and fence posts how, that might have a negative affect on water based autofarms.

Glass domes are always worth it, never think otherwise. :P

Ocean vents, sunken ships, etc... Sunken ships will also have treasure too.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:27 pm

New haven america wrote:
Zanera wrote:
Hells bells yeah.

I hope the new water physics don't mess up farms though, seeing as how water can go through grass and fence posts how, that might have a negative affect on water based autofarms.

I'm not attached to Autofarming since I rarely ever play Survival, but I agree, it might mess up redstone contraptions, and it's bad to make wizards angry.

I do think otherwise. You can't see out them underwater and when you can, all you see is squid and dead seafloor. Make a man insane, man. Nightmare fuel. It begs for a horror movie.

Sunken ships could be interesting. Would also affect Minecraft lore, seeing as how there were ships going about the sea at one point...maybe implement ships at some point. :p

Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:01 am

Zanera wrote:
New haven america wrote:I hope the new water physics don't mess up farms though, seeing as how water can go through grass and fence posts how, that might have a negative affect on water based autofarms.

I'm not attached to Autofarming since I rarely ever play Survival, but I agree, it might mess up redstone contraptions, and it's bad to make wizards angry.

I do think otherwise. You can't see out them underwater and when you can, all you see is squid and dead seafloor. Make a man insane, man. Nightmare fuel. It begs for a horror movie.

Sunken ships could be interesting. Would also affect Minecraft lore, seeing as how there were ships going about the sea at one point...maybe implement ships at some point. :p

There's a mod (Archimedes Ships) that adds ships to the game

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:40 pm

Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft wrote:
Zanera wrote:

There's a mod (Archimedes Ships) that adds ships to the game

I play on PS3. I'm stuck with all that is the latest Vanilla. Except the Combat Update, which they haven't brought to PS3.

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:25 am

Shurjah wrote:This game is dumb I do not know why kids like it a lot

It's like Lego. It's up to you to make it interesting and meaningful. It's supposed to be "dumb", just like a canvas is supposed to be blank.

Dragoria
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:36 pm

It's about time the waters got some love, seeing how much of the map they can take up. I can't wait, but apparently it's not going to be until sometime 2018, probably second half.
I want fishies now, darnit!
"Alliances are fun. I'm in. Unless this is an alliance which I already joined, in which case I'm out. Quint's an asshole." ~Quintolania
"I thought you were like the manliest man ever. If someone told me you were a brilliant swordsman and hunted deer on foot and unarmed, I wouldn't have thought that it was much of an exaggeration." ~Murbleflip

Que Sera, Sera

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Dragoria wrote:

It's about time the waters got some love, seeing how much of the map they can take up. I can't wait, but apparently it's not going to be until sometime 2018, probably second half.

IIRC, it's coming out around Spring/Summer 2018 (13's just gonna be a technical update and give people a preview of the new retextures through texture packs), so it won't be too long of a wait.

You can also pick up fishies in a bucket and put them in aquariums, so that seems fun.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Dragoria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:48 pm

New haven america wrote:
Dragoria wrote: It's about time the waters got some love, seeing how much of the map they can take up. I can't wait, but apparently it's not going to be until sometime 2018, probably second half.

IIRC, it's coming out around Spring/Summer 2018 (13's just gonna be a technical update and give people a preview of the new retextures through texture packs), so it won't be too long of a wait.

You can also pick up fishies in a bucket and put them in aquariums, so that seems fun.

Aquariums?
Excuse me, I'm going to start yelling now. I'm not sure when I'll stop.
"Alliances are fun. I'm in. Unless this is an alliance which I already joined, in which case I'm out. Quint's an asshole." ~Quintolania
"I thought you were like the manliest man ever. If someone told me you were a brilliant swordsman and hunted deer on foot and unarmed, I wouldn't have thought that it was much of an exaggeration." ~Murbleflip

Que Sera, Sera

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:51 pm

Dragoria wrote:
New haven america wrote:IIRC, it's coming out around Spring/Summer 2018 (13's just gonna be a technical update and give people a preview of the new retextures through texture packs), so it won't be too long of a wait.

Aquariums?

Well, you do have to build them (Considering they're not game generated), but you can actually build aquariums and put interesting things in them now instead of just Squids and Guardians, so that's gonna be a nice change.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Dragoria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:55 pm

New haven america wrote:
Dragoria wrote:Aquariums?

Well, you do have to build them (Considering they're not game generated), but you can actually build aquariums and put interesting things in them now instead of just Squids and Guardians, so that's gonna be a nice change.

Sure, but I can have nice big conservatories with parrots and a fish pond now.

Que Sera, Sera

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Dragoria wrote:
New haven america wrote:Well, you do have to build them (Considering they're not game generated), but you can actually build aquariums and put interesting things in them now instead of just Squids and Guardians, so that's gonna be a nice change.

Sure, but I can have nice big conservatories with parrots and a fish pond now.

Gardens where the life doesn't stop at the water. It's a Minecraftian Miracle.

Dragoria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:08 pm

Zanera wrote:
Dragoria wrote:Sure, but I can have nice big conservatories with parrots and a fish pond now.

I won't have to put fish on my walls with those item frames anymore. I think I might cry.

Que Sera, Sera

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Dragoria wrote:
Zanera wrote:

I won't have to put fish on my walls with those item frames anymore. I think I might cry.

Coral to spice up the coastline of a tropical paradise, and kelp to plow colder coasts with.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Oh, forgot to mention, we're also getting a new biome: The Iceberg Biome.
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction