NATION

PASSWORD

Favorite consle

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
User avatar
Newer Czechoslovakia
Secretary
 
Posts: 34
Founded: Jun 21, 2025
Authoritarian Democracy

Favorite consle

Postby Newer Czechoslovakia » Sat Jun 13, 2026 5:45 pm

The last one was locked for bad op
so what be your favorite
Last edited by Newer Czechoslovakia on Sat Jun 13, 2026 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Rosettan Overwatch
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1896
Founded: Oct 01, 2024
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Rosettan Overwatch » Sat Jun 13, 2026 5:49 pm

Newer Czechoslovakia wrote:
The last one was locked for being in normal general I think
so what be your favorite

No, it was locked for bad OP. See here.
Për Kosovë! Za Bosnu! // le pone! // Absolute Libertarianism will never work and here's why
Level: FTL, Interstellar
Category: Normal, Dyarchy
Tier: Stellarite
Reach: Moderate
According to the TSI
This nation reflects most of my views - Stratocratic Authoritarian Nuanced.
Rosetta the Pony, furry, avid Grand Strategy player.
>This box is reserved!

Now Playing: Oasis by Jerry Martin | ♫ 0:00 >─●────────< 6:05 [LOOP]
Assistant Lead Coordinator, Raindrop Pact ╫ Overseer, Commonwealth of Rosetta (FORUM & EMBASSY)

User avatar
Newer Czechoslovakia
Secretary
 
Posts: 34
Founded: Jun 21, 2025
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Newer Czechoslovakia » Sat Jun 13, 2026 5:51 pm

Rosettan Overwatch wrote:
Newer Czechoslovakia wrote:
The last one was locked for being in normal general I think
so what be your favorite

No, it was locked for bad OP. See here.

What is op

User avatar
Rosettan Overwatch
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1896
Founded: Oct 01, 2024
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Rosettan Overwatch » Sat Jun 13, 2026 5:54 pm

Newer Czechoslovakia wrote:
Rosettan Overwatch wrote:No, it was locked for bad OP. See here.

What is op

Opening post, as explained here.
Për Kosovë! Za Bosnu! // le pone! // Absolute Libertarianism will never work and here's why
Level: FTL, Interstellar
Category: Normal, Dyarchy
Tier: Stellarite
Reach: Moderate
According to the TSI
This nation reflects most of my views - Stratocratic Authoritarian Nuanced.
Rosetta the Pony, furry, avid Grand Strategy player.
>This box is reserved!

Now Playing: Oasis by Jerry Martin | ♫ 0:00 >─●────────< 6:05 [LOOP]
Assistant Lead Coordinator, Raindrop Pact ╫ Overseer, Commonwealth of Rosetta (FORUM & EMBASSY)

User avatar
Newer Czechoslovakia
Secretary
 
Posts: 34
Founded: Jun 21, 2025
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Newer Czechoslovakia » Sat Jun 13, 2026 5:56 pm

Rosettan Overwatch wrote:
Newer Czechoslovakia wrote:What is op

Opening post, as explained here.

thank you

User avatar
Luziyca
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39134
Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Jun 13, 2026 9:50 pm

Your OP is still a titch insufficient, even if it's in the right place. But to answer your question...

I grew up with the Gamecube, the Wii, the Gameboy Advance SP, and the Nintendo DS (I think it was the Lite, but can't remember), and played a couple games on some other consoles (like the PS3, the Wii U, or the Switch), before ultimately settling to only playing either mobile games or playing on my laptop (one of which was a gaming laptop, RIP).

Of these:
  • Handheld - The DS is definitely my favourite handheld console that I remembered playing with (even if it wasn't the DSi that bratty little me wanted): it felt a lot more advanced than the Gameboy Advance SP that I had (I know that the Urbz on the DS was much much more expansive than the Gameboy version). A shame I misplaced the charger over a decade ago and can't seem to find it now.
  • Non-handheld - Of the consoles I remember playing with, the Wii and many of the games it had were pretty good (Animal Crossing: City Folk, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii were really good), even if some of the games (looking at you, SimAnimal) sucked, and I remembered playing it quite often (especially because it could also play Gamecube games, such as Twilight Princess; the Urbz, or a few other games I don't remember all that well these days).
As for non-handheld consoles, I do remember being impressed and really loved Sonic Unleashed on the PS3 that my aunt had (it was much better than the Wii version IMO, but that was because the landing areas were physical worlds where you can explore), but given that was literally the only game I ever played on the PS3 (or any PlayStation, really), I can't really say the PS3 was my favorite as I didn't play anything else on it.
||| • The Kingdom of Rwizikuru • |||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
Wiki • Kylaris: the best region for ten years running • About me • YouTube • Political compass
NS stats have been lovingly sent back in time to 26 July, 1184 for an immersive medieval experience at the Erfurt Cathedral

User avatar
Might Delete Later
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6785
Founded: Apr 05, 2025
Capitalizt

Postby Might Delete Later » Sat Jun 13, 2026 10:45 pm

3DS for nostalgia

User avatar
The Archregimancy
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 34752
Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Sun Jun 14, 2026 12:18 am

Locked for insufficient opening post (OP).

Newer Czechoslovakia, I'll spell this out a little more clearly...

It's not enough to have a title indicating what the thread topic is, and then say 'so what be your favorite'.

What you need here is:

1) Thread title

2) Outline of thread topic in the OP

3) Offer your opinion.

Here's an example of what you could do to reach the minimum standard:

Favourite Console

Hey everybody, what's your favourite video game console?

Mine is Intellivision - so much better than the Atari 2600 - though I'll admit that the new ColecoVision looks promising too. What do you think?


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Statesburg

Advertisement

Remove ads