NATION

PASSWORD

''Choose Your Own (x) Games'' - Your opinions

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Bistritza
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Ex-Nation

''Choose Your Own (x) Games'' - Your opinions

Postby Bistritza » Fri May 13, 2022 11:12 am

Hello. I would like to inquire information related to this specific genre for absolutely no reason at all. Below you can find what appears to be a questionnaire, I would be very thankful if you would fill it out. I will also provide some assumptions of what a satisfying ''Three-Choice'' game would look like (fill the questionnaire out myself). Written as code blocks to make it easier for answering. Your comments about both are encouraged, it is also encouraged that you provide additional opinions about these games.

Do you like the general idea?: Yes.
What makes them interesting?: Each choice actually having impact and being interesting. The possibility of multiple endings (not just two).
What should the Gamemaster/Host provide?: Rules which he will stick by.
What makes them annoying?: The plan of the gamemaster forcing a Good/Bad Ending through bland choices.
How would you discourage Gambit cheating?: Choices lead to events which are satisfying and immersive. This way, the Player does not feel scammed.
What makes a good tree-of-choices?: Story evolution of each choice, ''No Choice Left Behind''.
The story always has a plan, which is the best one?: Opening with multiple options already. The first event being a simple task to fix an algorithmic issue.

TEMPLATE: QUESTIONNAIRE
Code: Select all
[b]Do you like the general idea?:
What makes them interesting?:
What should the Gamemaster/Host provide?:
What makes them annoying?:
How would you discourage Gambit cheating?:
What makes a good tree-of-choices?:
The story always has a plan, which is the best one?:
If such a game were to be provided here, would you play it and under what circumstances?:[/b]
Main Nation | General Info | The Constitution | NSEconomy Stats | Military Info, Main and Puppets
Other nations | BeeStreetz, Political Parties, More Info | Bistritza TSP-MP Representative, The Regional Alliance
Mediums: Hard OOC; Soft OOC; Soft IC; Hard IC | The accounts' posts are rarely Hard OOC.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Sat May 14, 2022 5:50 am

Do you like the general idea?: Yes!
What makes them interesting?: The variety it allows for the story, from beginning to end.
What should the Gamemaster/Host provide?: The choices, of course.
What makes them annoying?: Nothing.
How would you discourage Gambit cheating?: Create your own instead of using a pre-existing one.
What makes a good tree-of-choices?: Wildly different ones. If they aren't the least bit similar, you can expect very different outcomes.
The story always has a plan, which is the best one?: Whichever one your choices have determined.
If such a game were to be provided here, would you play it and under what circumstances?:
Yes! Make a poll for each choice, and post the results in a dispatch, which is then updated after each poll is finished. That's how I did it. (I have two different CYOA games RIGHT NOW.)
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 17, 2006
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Mon May 16, 2022 1:13 pm

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Is this in regards to some sort of forum game, or normal CYOA?
Interactive fiction author, rouser of rabble, and Punslinger-in-Chief of the Anti Discord Alliance.

Return to Arts & Fiction