NATION

PASSWORD

NS inspired war simulation - I need some test volunteers

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Varrosha
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

NS inspired war simulation - I need some test volunteers

Postby Varrosha » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:53 am

Hi, I've been on and off NationStates for about 6 years now, but from the moment I arrived, I was blown away by the forum RPing. But the lack of rules and mechanics for that really bugged me, so I decided to create something myself (my forum history here will confirm this) - that's been a 6-year process of creating a sci-fi astrophysics, economics, politics and war simulation. Ultimately, this will be javascript interfaced, but right now I'd like to find some volunteers to help playtest some early draft war mechanics I'm updating (in an analogous contemporary setting rather than scifi). I have an active discord community for the project with a few people already creating countries for the test, but I'd love to invite the roleplay talent here to come along and play as well.

The test setting involves a state power that has made a major breakthrough in cold fusion technology, and the global ramifications and resulting global war sparked by the looming collapse of the energy markets.

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/cGASepw
Last edited by Varrosha on Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Arpasia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Arpasia » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:58 am

I'd sign up for this, as long as I win.

Also is this like Command: Professional Edition?
Last edited by Arpasia on Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ek Sê!, A Nation on Eastern Altropia, basically an Alternate Universe France.
NS Stats executed by M67 Rifle.
Le temps de Philippeaux: OrbOb satellite captures S.S Jiangxiao moored on pirate-controlled Nasrah coast. | Black Coast government fully transitions into military dictatorship virtually overnight. | 5.7 magnitude earthquake rocks western Norteagua and Cortina. | Arpasian ambassador to Sufistan disappears after going inside People's Council building.
Since those people have anime girls and whatnot on their flags, I decide to use him in my flag, and also, this is not Henry on my flag, it's Konrad and a marine.

Likes: Quailty Posts, F7, GE&T, Henry Stickmin, S-61R, UH-60.
Dislikes: Summies, Adbots, Slaver Nations, One-liners.

Varrosha
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Varrosha » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:59 am

Sadly, I can't promise that outcome - it'll rely on your intelligence, skills and luck.

It's not like 'Command: Professional Edition', our war mechanics are much more abstract and merely provide the framework for roleplaying in a simple but structured sandbox.
Last edited by Varrosha on Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Varrosha
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Varrosha » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:06 am

We're still in the very early hours of building the rp test, so far this is our map:

GNPRIL are inspired by the Soviet Union with heavy reliance on oil and wheat exports, however, they have a Greco/Roman twist in that rather than following the creed of communism they believe in 'Originism', whereby your social standing in life is determined by your birth, the poor will always be poor and the rich rich. Though the military offers advancement of social class, and thus is fairly large though given over to a great deal of corruption in an oil-rich country that has allowed its infrastructure to fall into disrepair.

URP is still being fleshed out but they will be ideologically opposed to GNPRIL which will no doubt lead to hostilities between the two in the near future. I hope you'll all come and add your own ideas to the setting as we gear up to test the war mechanics. I've decided to add the discord link here directly:

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/cGASepw
Last edited by Varrosha on Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreatOceania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2021
Libertarian Police State

Postby GreatOceania » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:00 pm

This looks interesting mind if I volunteer

Varrosha
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Varrosha » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:54 am

Absolutely, come on in and play with us - we're still building the scenario right now.

Return to Arts & Fiction