NATION

PASSWORD

Vent corner

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Tuboo Shippers
Envoy

Founded: Feb 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

Vent corner

Postby Tuboo Shippers » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:06 am

Welcome to the vent corner. vent abt ur life.
I'm actually really bored. Talking is nice. Maybe TG me?

West Ralia
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 02, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby West Ralia » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:07 am

sus

Tuboo Shippers
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuboo Shippers » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:58 am

yeah, i know. but hey, easier to vent to a rando online then to some1 u know, and risk making it awkward.

Tuboo Shippers
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuboo Shippers » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:59 am

...anyway, what's up, everyone?

Mardatan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 19, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mardatan » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:08 am

I miss my old dog. My new one is cute, yes, but... he's not Radar. He doesn't have the same sweetness Radar had - he's actually pretty mean. Radar was a misfit - and he fit in here. My current dog... he doesn't have the same sense of fitting in. He's warming up to me, yes, but is it wrong for me to still want to hold on to my old dog? I miss Radar.
Founder of the Republic of Aldorria
IC: The League of Nations, population 11 billion.
she/her
NS Stats are canon. I am a horrible, dystopian place to live in and proud of it.

Tuboo Shippers
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuboo Shippers » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:13 am

Mardatan wrote:I miss my old dog. My new one is cute, yes, but... he's not Radar. He doesn't have the same sweetness Radar had - he's actually pretty mean. Radar was a misfit - and he fit in here. My current dog... he doesn't have the same sense of fitting in. He's warming up to me, yes, but is it wrong for me to still want to hold on to my old dog? I miss Radar.

Hey, it's ok. It's not wrong to miss him. I understand what your going through. I lost a pet, too. I know that the new dog wont be the same, because he cant replace your buddy. but... maybe giving this dog a loving home would be what radar wanted.

Mardatan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 19, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mardatan » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:15 am

Tuboo Shippers wrote:
Mardatan wrote:I miss my old dog. My new one is cute, yes, but... he's not Radar. He doesn't have the same sweetness Radar had - he's actually pretty mean. Radar was a misfit - and he fit in here. My current dog... he doesn't have the same sense of fitting in. He's warming up to me, yes, but is it wrong for me to still want to hold on to my old dog? I miss Radar.

Hey, it's ok. It's not wrong to miss him. I understand what your going through. I lost a pet, too. I know that the new dog wont be the same, because he cant replace your buddy. but... maybe giving this dog a loving home would be what radar wanted.

I miss him more because I yelled at him the night before he passed. I immediately felt bad about it, but... I don't know if he went thinking he was alone or if he shrugged it off like he always would. I miss the poor guy, it's been nearly two years without him too... I wasn't ready for a new dog, but I jumped it too soon.
Founder of the Republic of Aldorria
IC: The League of Nations, population 11 billion.
she/her
NS Stats are canon. I am a horrible, dystopian place to live in and proud of it.

Tuboo Shippers
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuboo Shippers » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:17 am

two years... im sure he forgives you. and it'll never not be too soon. It's ok to mourn, but don't let that hurt your new dog.

Tuboo Shippers
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuboo Shippers » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:35 am

... how has everyone's day been?

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:47 pm

Are you sure arts and fiction is the board that this subject goes to? I’m more inclined to either make Among Us jokes or talk about the latest book I read than to vent about my problems here.

Maybe NSG might be better for this?
Last edited by Chan Island on Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction