NATION

PASSWORD

The Matrix Resurrections

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Yuugao
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

The Matrix Resurrections

Postby Yuugao » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:41 pm

The first trailer has dropped. It's the number one trending video on YouTube right now. I was only ten when the first movie came out, so most of what I know about the franchise comes from pop culture osmosis, but dang if that trailer didn't give me goosebumps.

What about you? Are you super-hyped? Have you sworn off the franchise entirely? Or are you somewhere in the middle? Come and talk about it here.
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." - Douglas Adams

Nation under renovation. Excuse the dust.

Schrack
Lobbyist

Founded: May 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Schrack » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:50 pm

Trailer has a certain dopeness to it that I can't deny, I kinda got goosebumps from it. All things considered I'm hype for Matrix Resurrections but really trying not to get my hopes up
A national co-star ofDexterrademocratically directed by the film industry

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:58 pm

Looks interesting, ill probably give it a watch
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

DeSanta Peradino
Attaché

Founded: Dec 09, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby DeSanta Peradino » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:49 pm

Decent, wish they replaced Trinity with me though
I don't wanna be
Me anymore...
-Type o Negative, I Don't Wanna Be Me
Proud female woman (she/he/it)

Stats? What stats? If I have them, they’re not canon
Check dispatches for news
My nation is, in fact, aligned with my political beliefs, though a little bit over-the-top occassionally
Furrica's #1 bootlicker

New Baltenstein
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 07, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby New Baltenstein » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:37 am

Movie was about one third "here's some old footage from when the franchise was actually good", one third meta-self trolling/self-loathing, and one third "save the princess but the princess is super badass also because we're progessive" genericness.
Old nation has been lost in the void

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:50 am

New Baltenstein wrote:Movie was about one third "here's some old footage from when the franchise was actually good", one third meta-self trolling/self-loathing, and one third "save the princess but the princess is super badass also because we're progessive" genericness.

I actually quite liked the Matrix Resurrections, it was streets better than Reloaded or Revolutions but I do agree with you regarding the third point: The ending was the film's weakest point and the whole "Actually Trinity is also the One" plot was just silly.

That said, this is the first time that the Neo and Trinity love story actually had me invested whereas in the other three movies it felt more like it was tacked on at the request of some interfering studio executive and never felt authentic to me.

Return to Arts & Fiction