NATION

PASSWORD

Yaphet Kotto, Actor in James Bond and Alien, Dies Aged 81

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Yaphet Kotto, Actor in James Bond and Alien, Dies Aged 81

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:52 am

Yaphet Kotto. 1939-2021

Yaphet Kotto, best known for playing a villain in 1973 James Bond movie Live and Let Die, has died at the age of 81.

The actor also played a crew member in 1979 sci-fi movie Alien, and starred in TV police drama Homicide: Life on the Street. Kotto's other credits included the action thriller The Running Man, alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger. And he received an Emmy nomination for playing former Ugandan President Idi Amin in the 1977 movie Raid on Entebbe. His TV career included roles in the A-Team and Law and Order, and one of Kotto's longest roles was that of Lieutenant Al Giardello in seven series of Homicide: Life on the Street, for which he also worked as a scriptwriter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56412867

Very sad to hear about this. I always admired his acting. Rest in peace Yaphet.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:53 pm

Only ever saw him in Aliens, but he was decent enough in it. RIP anyway
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Return to Arts & Fiction