NATION

PASSWORD

The Dark Side Of The Thread: Pink Floyd

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:18 am

Esthe wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT, YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PUDDING! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

What does this have to do with the Floyd?

Are you kidding g me? This has gotta be one of Pink Floyd's most famous song lyrics from the end of "Another Brick In the Wall" Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ZmKbe5oG4 (timestamp, 3:27)

I don't know many Pink Floyd songs, but of the ones I know, Eclypse/Brain Damage has got to be one of my favourites
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Esthe
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Esthe » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:26 am

Oops. I don’t listen to The Wall much, it feels too dark. Sorry, just a momentary lapse of reason.
Last edited by Esthe on Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
And now my life has changed in oh so many ways
My independence seems to vanish in the haze

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:00 am

Esthe wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT, YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PUDDING! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Even non-fans know where that comes from.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:40 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Esthe wrote:What does this have to do with the Floyd?

Even non-fans know where that comes from.

Even this butcher gets it, and this butcher (most likely) didn't dedicate an entire thread to Pink Floyd

Last edited by Australian rePublic on Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:28 pm

Esthe wrote:

Its from the wall.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:32 pm

Meddle through Animals i adore. Wish you were here was one of the first albums I bought for myself.

It took me 3 years to realize how much I hated the wall. I do hate the wall, self absorbed whining load of crap.

I also was at the wall concert at Nassau Coliseum. I never saw cops looking to provoke a riot as much as they were that night. Enjoyed the show though.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Av Libertas Vindex
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 14, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Av Libertas Vindex » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:53 pm

"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day"

So here's how I discovered Pink Floyd. As a youngster I had to go into my older sister's bedroom for Somthing. Her and one of her friends had Dark Side of the Moon playing while they seperated seeds from plant matter using the album jacket and a playing card. It's just my opinion, but I don't really care for anything pre wish you were here. Syd may have inspired some great music, but he didn't collaborate on any. The Wall was a tough act to follow, so I'll give The Final Cut some slack. Everthing after that is just David trying to capture what Roger took with him when he left.
The band is just fantastic
That is really what I think
Oh by the way, Roger is Pink

Esthe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esthe » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:41 am

Av Libertas Vindex wrote:"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day"

So here's how I discovered Pink Floyd. As a youngster I had to go into my older sister's bedroom for Somthing. Her and one of her friends had Dark Side of the Moon playing while they seperated seeds from plant matter using the album jacket and a playing card. It's just my opinion, but I don't really care for anything pre wish you were here. Syd may have inspired some great music, but he didn't collaborate on any. The Wall was a tough act to follow, so I'll give The Final Cut some slack. Everthing after that is just David trying to capture what Roger took with him when he left.
The band is just fantastic
That is really what I think
Oh by the way, Roger is Pink

You must be the only person I’ve seen that doesn’t like dark side of the moon.

The Central Pacific Free State
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Pacific Free State » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:50 am

I can only enjoy Pink Floyd while doing lsd, cant stand their music otherwise but its the best when high

"The Trial" is my favorite
Last edited by The Central Pacific Free State on Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The King of Salt always gets his cut"

Esthe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esthe » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:04 am

/bump

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:33 am

I love Dark Side of the Moon, and some of the early stuff like See Emily Play. But they lost me with Animals and all the stuff after that, too ponderous. I also dislike quite a lot of the experimental side of the earlier stuff, Still Time has one of my favourite lyrics of all time, though nowadays I fast forward through the clocks.
Everything is intertwinkled

Esthe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esthe » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:08 pm

Actually I think that Animals is a rather underrated album, but yeah, it would’ve been nice if Ummagumma was a single live album.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction