NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: This is The Way

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How Bad is This Final Batch?

Great Final Batch
42%
Good Final Batch
42%
Decent Final Batch
8%
Bad Final Batch
No votes
Terrible Final Batch
8%

Total votes : 12

Imperial Rifta
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 15, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Imperial Rifta » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:57 am

Ah General Kenobi wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Well you say that but the CIS committed war crimes every five minutes.

clone wars were brutal yeah but then again the republic also committed war crimes

“Bring in the flamethrowers”- Ki-Adi Mundi

No government in Star Wars was without its war crimes for the most part.
Last edited by Imperial Rifta on Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Low quality posts from 2020-2023
Eagles - Braves - Crimson Tide - Kraken -

News: The Riftan Professional Bailball League’s playoffs begin and the headlines are stolen by the massive upset by the Etnasa Warhorses over the Proxima Purple Knights in the first round. Meanwhile, the Sarif Beasts topple the Cesar Red after a low scoring game culminating in a one-point victory.

Ah General Kenobi
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah General Kenobi » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:00 pm

the jedi used child soldiers during the course of the clone wars and the republic was pretty fond of perfidy and torture. also a bit hilarious to knock on the cis for being controlled by an evil death cult given that palpatine was the chancellor and equally manipulating the republic. further it was the forces of the republic that ended up transforming everything into the empire. there were still separatist holdouts against the empire that even helped early rebel groups
Last edited by Ah General Kenobi on Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luv me trade federation
luv me droids
luv me blockade of naboo

simple as

turning points neimoidia

Imperial Rifta
Ambassador

Postby Imperial Rifta » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:04 pm

Ah General Kenobi wrote:the jedi used child soldiers during the course of the clone wars and the republic was pretty fond of perfidy and torture. also a bit hilarious to knock on the cis for being controlled by an evil death cult given that palpatine was the chancellor and equally manipulating the republic. further it was the forces of the republic that ended up transforming everything into the empire. there were still separatist holdouts against the empire that even helped early rebel groups

Do Padawans count as child soldiers? I know some of them were older but those like Ahsoka were barely older than younglings.

News: The Riftan Professional Bailball League’s playoffs begin and the headlines are stolen by the massive upset by the Etnasa Warhorses over the Proxima Purple Knights in the first round. Meanwhile, the Sarif Beasts topple the Cesar Red after a low scoring game culminating in a one-point victory.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:05 pm

Ah General Kenobi wrote:im not sure how anyone can look at the star wars universe and not conclude that the cis, while flawed, was ultimately the best government
the old republic was corrupt and inept
the empire was genocidal, corrupt, and inept
the new republic was corrupt, inept, and stupid
the new order is corrupt, inept, stupid and genocidal

The CIS was not any kind of real government. It was a tool created by Palpatine by using discontent in the outer rim and corporate greed. It was controlled by the Sith and corporations with the only intentions being to create as much chaos and destruction in the galaxy as possible.

Imperial Rifta wrote:I agree that it was a bad idea to destroy Alderaan. What I’m suggesting in total is that the Empire didn’t massacre and kill without reason. It’s reasons didn’t justify going as far as they did killing and all, but they still believed that their actions were justified.

They committed genocide on several occasions. None of their reasons(which just boil down to Palpatine and other Imperials selfish desire to preserve their own power) change that in the slightest.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Imperial Rifta
Ambassador

Postby Imperial Rifta » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:10 pm

Andsed wrote:
Ah General Kenobi wrote:im not sure how anyone can look at the star wars universe and not conclude that the cis, while flawed, was ultimately the best government
the old republic was corrupt and inept
the empire was genocidal, corrupt, and inept
the new republic was corrupt, inept, and stupid
the new order is corrupt, inept, stupid and genocidal

The CIS was not any kind of real government. It was a tool created by Palpatine by using discontent in the outer rim and corporate greed. It was controlled by the Sith and corporations with the only intentions being to create as much chaos and destruction in the galaxy as possible.
The CIS wasn’t meant to win. It was made only to be disbanded once Palpatine achieved his goals. If they had won then it would just be the Empire over again I bet. If that happened though, would Palpatine...

a) Rule from the shadows so no one in the Republic got suspicious and wondered “Why is he in power if he was our leader?”

b) Be in charge anyway

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:17 pm

Does lego Star wars Skywalker Saga count as an "SW Project"?

If it does, then thats the only thing that comes to mind right now that I'm excited for.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:27 pm

So is that it, are the Sith really finished for good?
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:29 pm

Crysuko wrote:

Lol. Not under Disney.

Imperial Rifta
Ambassador

Postby Imperial Rifta » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:31 pm

Fedel wrote:
Crysuko wrote:

Lol. Not under Disney.

Star Wars without the Sith or Jedi isn’t Star Wars. In my opinion, and I’m sure there are many other who would agree.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:31 pm

Crysuko wrote:

Depends on if the writers can think of a new villain for post ST content.

Imperial Rifta wrote:
Andsed wrote:

The CIS wasn’t meant to win. It was made only to be disbanded once Palpatine achieved his goals. If they had won then it would just be the Empire over again I bet. If that happened though, would Palpatine...

a) Rule from the shadows so no one in the Republic got suspicious and wondered “Why is he in power if he was our leader?”

b) Be in charge anyway

A CIS victory was probably not want Palptine wanted but I’m sure he had a plan for it(though I don’t think he would let such a thing happen.) If I had to guess he would probably like sign a really shitty agreement to stir up anger(at both the CIS and the galaxy’s resident scapegoat, the Jedi) and go from there. Bitch is a crafty motherfucker.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:36 pm

Crysuko wrote:

Probably not, or some other dark side group will probably rise up given time.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:52 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Crysuko wrote:

They could probably play it as a "the Sith have been extinct for a milennium"
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Imperial Rifta
Ambassador

Postby Imperial Rifta » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:20 pm

Crysuko wrote:

Sith sympathizers I bet,

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:22 pm

Imperial Rifta wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Probably not, or some other dark side group will probably rise up given time.

Sith sympathizers I bet,

A cult would be a good shout given that Exogol seemed to have funky sith sorcery/science going on.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Imperial Rifta
Ambassador

Postby Imperial Rifta » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:22 pm

Andsed wrote:
Crysuko wrote:

Depends on if the writers can think of a new villain for post ST content.

Imperial Rifta wrote:The CIS was not any kind of real government. It was a tool created by Palpatine by using discontent in the outer rim and corporate greed. It was controlled by the Sith and corporations with the only intentions being to create as much chaos and destruction in the galaxy as possible.

b) Be in charge anyway

Bitch is a crafty motherfucker.

Yeah. He would have a plan for anything, even if it meant assassinating all the Separatist generals with clone commando raids.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:23 pm

Imperial Rifta wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Probably not, or some other dark side group will probably rise up given time.

Sith sympathizers I bet,

Sith Simps.

Imperial Rifta
Ambassador

Postby Imperial Rifta » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:24 pm

Imperial Rifta wrote:Sith sympathizers I bet,

A cult would be a good shout given that Exogol seemed to have funky sith sorcery/science going on.

Yeah. I like this idea. They might be lead by some Force-user even. A wannabe Vader (but not Kylo)

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:30 pm

Imperial Rifta wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:A cult would be a good shout given that Exogol seemed to have funky sith sorcery/science going on.

Yeah. I like this idea. They might be lead by some Force-user even. A wannabe Vader (but not Kylo)

would be hard for Kylo to lead anything being dead. Tho he would be a force ghost now, so thats cool. (I like Kylo and the ST as a whole fyi)

Imperial Rifta
Ambassador

Postby Imperial Rifta » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:32 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Imperial Rifta wrote:Yeah. I like this idea. They might be lead by some Force-user even. A wannabe Vader (but not Kylo)

would be hard for Kylo to lead anything being dead. Tho he would be a force ghost now, so thats cool. (I like Kylo and the ST as a whole fyi)

It would be someone like Kylo who wants to resurrect the Sith/Empire

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:59 pm

Imperial Rifta wrote:

It would be someone like Kylo who wants to resurrect the Sith/Empire

Yep, maybe another separatist movement from the new republic?

Also can we get Finn and Ray as old ass people trying to train new jedis? Or maybe just a little older training new jedis while a new sith separatism thing is going on?
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:50 pm

Imperial Rifta wrote:Yeah. I like this idea. They might be lead by some Force-user even. A wannabe Vader (but not Kylo)

That's what we thought about Maul too... Yet here we are with Maul causing trouble in Clone Wars. And Solo. And Rebels. Death is no obstacle.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Ah General Kenobi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah General Kenobi » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:10 pm

Imperial Rifta wrote:
Ah General Kenobi wrote:the jedi used child soldiers during the course of the clone wars and the republic was pretty fond of perfidy and torture. also a bit hilarious to knock on the cis for being controlled by an evil death cult given that palpatine was the chancellor and equally manipulating the republic. further it was the forces of the republic that ended up transforming everything into the empire. there were still separatist holdouts against the empire that even helped early rebel groups

Do Padawans count as child soldiers? I know some of them were older but those like Ahsoka were barely older than younglings.

yes
luv me trade federation
luv me droids
luv me blockade of naboo

simple as

turning points neimoidia

Ah General Kenobi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah General Kenobi » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:11 pm

Imperial Rifta wrote:
Fedel wrote:
Lol. Not under Disney.

Star Wars without the Sith or Jedi isn’t Star Wars. In my opinion, and I’m sure there are many other who would agree.

i think you can have star wars without jedi or sith. in fact id like to see more non-jedi or sith related stories. that one that was basically supposed to be about coruscant gangsters sounded really cool
luv me trade federation
luv me droids
luv me blockade of naboo

simple as

turning points neimoidia

Ah General Kenobi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah General Kenobi » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:13 pm

death clearly hasnt stopped palpatine or maul from returning. not saying i want this as i view it as bad writing
luv me trade federation
luv me droids
luv me blockade of naboo

simple as

turning points neimoidia

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:14 pm

Jesus new guy, learn to multi-quote.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction