NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: This is The Way

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How Bad is This Final Batch?

Great Final Batch
42%
Good Final Batch
42%
Decent Final Batch
8%
Bad Final Batch
No votes
Terrible Final Batch
8%

Total votes : 12

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:14 am

Bralia wrote:So . . . is small arms warfare going to be this horrific throughout the entire series? Like, yeah, I get it Clone Wars guys, ha ha, enemies shoot bad, it's a meme, it's "funny", good laugh. Please fucking stop. This is seriously on another level and I WILL be driven insane. There's a lot that I'm going to be forced to accept (like this last episode I watched, the Rodian episode), but situations where there is LITERALLY NO EXCUSE for failing to hit a target is too much. I didn't expect it to be this bad. Should I have?

Sadly the accuracy of both sides don't exactly get much better over the course of the series. That plot armor is just too strong.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:33 am

I mean, you can always consider the real life statistics regarding the lethality of small arms to help. Like how it generally takes 20,000-100,000 expended small arms rounds to hit a single target and disable it. Artillery is honestly the one thing people rarely understand the lethality or capability of. Like a fragmentation hand grenade has a 4m lethal blast radius, or effectively 50 square meters. It's concussive effects reach out to three times that range iirc. And that's something tiny. A 155mm HE round has a 50m kill radius, or almost 8k square meters. So, when in a movie when you see rounds landing near people and they just kind of spew dirt in the air? That's when I cry. Realistically people are getting thrown a dozen feet up and away from the focal point if they're not hunkered down. And that journey is likely only being made with three or four of the limbs they started with.
Last edited by Kassaran on Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:03 pm

*edited out*
Last edited by Idzequitch on Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:17 pm

Idzequitch wrote:Former Chargers and Bucs WR Vincent Jackson was found dead in a hotel room in Florida. His death is under investigation. He was 38 years old.

So sad.

Umm, wrong thread?
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:35 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Former Chargers and Bucs WR Vincent Jackson was found dead in a hotel room in Florida. His death is under investigation. He was 38 years old.

So sad.

Umm, wrong thread?

I would have swore this was the NFL thread. I blame fat thumbs haha. Whoops.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:22 am

Bralia wrote:2 is that absolutely dreadful narrator at the beginning of every episode.
Best thing in Star Wars since A New Hope. Though his voice in the Dutch dub is better than the English voice.
And Cad Bane is awesome, I want more of him.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:That galaxy really needs to step up its military training.
Why should they when they have guns that can go PEW PEW PEW without almost any ammo?
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:26 am

HC Eredivisie wrote:
Bralia wrote:2 is that absolutely dreadful narrator at the beginning of every episode.
Best thing in Star Wars since A New Hope. Though his voice in the Dutch dub is better than the English voice.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:That galaxy really needs to step up its military training.
Why should they when they have guns that can go PEW PEW PEW without almost any ammo?

But imagine if the pew pews hit people
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:49 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
HC Eredivisie wrote:Best thing in Star Wars since A New Hope. Though his voice in the Dutch dub is better than the English voice.

But imagine if the pew pews hit people

Can't have that, it's a kids show. :p
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:43 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:But imagine if the pew pews hit people

Can't have that, it's a kids show. :p

Is it lmao
Vassenor wrote:
Bralia wrote:After a great many years of ignoring it, assuming it to be too much of a kid's show for far too long, I'm going to check out the Clones Wars series. The random clips I've watched in the past year-ish and the positive opinions in these Star Wars threads have finally sold me.

Totally a kids' show.

Has all the things children love now a days: Suicide, Slavery, Torture, Genocide, Murder, Alien space worms that crawl into your skulls and turn you into zombies and all that good stuff.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:48 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:Can't have that, it's a kids show. :p

Is it lmao

Has all the things children love now a days: Suicide, Slavery, Torture, Genocide, Murder, Alien space worms that crawl into your skulls and turn you into zombies and all that good stuff.
That's all good, as long people don't actually get shot. I saw that post, I made a joke :)

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:04 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Is it lmao

That's all good, as long people don't actually get shot. I saw that post, I made a joke :)

I know

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:31 pm

Foreseen this you had?

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:01 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:Foreseen this you had?

The darkside cant cloud my vision buckeroo

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:58 am

HC Eredivisie wrote:Can't have that, it's a kids show. :p

Is it lmao

And who could forget the exotic dancers, drugs, and alcohol?
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:47 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Has all the things children love now a days: Suicide, Slavery, Torture, Genocide, Murder, Alien space worms that crawl into your skulls and turn you into zombies and all that good stuff.

Ironically, one can argue that modern cartoons are LESS violent than the ones we had a few decades ago ;)
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:30 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Has all the things children love now a days: Suicide, Slavery, Torture, Genocide, Murder, Alien space worms that crawl into your skulls and turn you into zombies and all that good stuff.

Ironically, one can argue that modern cartoons are LESS violent than the ones we had a few decades ago ;)

Yup. For instance, The Powerpuff Girls. That show wouldn't have any chance today. Hell, that crappy reboot was forced to tone the violence way down from the 90s version.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:36 pm

The Nintendo Direct announced a new Star Wars game called Star Wars Hunters

It is apparently a ¨competitive star wars-themed online third person shooter¨ and its going to be on the Nintendo Switch.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:13 pm

Andsed wrote:The Nintendo Direct announced a new Star Wars game called Star Wars Hunters

It is apparently a ¨competitive star wars-themed online third person shooter¨ and its going to be on the Nintendo Switch.

Neat how Star Wars games are being planned left and right with EA’s exclusivity gone.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:15 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Andsed wrote:The Nintendo Direct announced a new Star Wars game called Star Wars Hunters

Neat how Star Wars games are being planned left and right with EA’s exclusivity gone.

Now if we could just wrestle their exclusivity deal with the NFL away...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:32 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

Yup. For instance, The Powerpuff Girls. That show wouldn't have any chance today. Hell, that crappy reboot was forced to tone the violence way down from the 90s version.

Or Invader Zim.

Organs!
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:29 am

Who in the Galaxy is this little green elf that Ezra is talking to in Season 2 of Rebels? Because that sure doesn't look like Yoda.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:33 am

Idzequitch wrote:Who in the Galaxy is this little green elf that Ezra is talking to in Season 2 of Rebels? Because that sure doesn't look like Yoda.

And then there's what they did to Anakin.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:57 am

From the looks of it maybe class based or something?

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:57 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Who in the Galaxy is this little green elf that Ezra is talking to in Season 2 of Rebels? Because that sure doesn't look like Yoda.

Seems okay to me though.

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:26 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

I mean, he kinda looks like a cheap knockoff of TCW Anakin, but at least he still vaguely looks like Anakin. Yoda looks like some kind of bad fan art.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction