NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: This is The Way

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How Bad is This Final Batch?

Great Final Batch
42%
Good Final Batch
42%
Decent Final Batch
8%
Bad Final Batch
No votes
Terrible Final Batch
8%

Total votes : 12

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:11 am

Heloin wrote:
Aeritai wrote:
I would say watch a recap video to get yourself caught up, but I do recommend that you watch the series. The first season starts off rough, but it gets better in seasons 2-7

Sounds like a plan. I did suspect watching so many episodes over the course of seven days would be a bit much.

I would recommend for Clone Wars just watching certain arcs. Things like the Siege of Mandalore is a must of course, as is things like the Five arc, Umbara, the Temple bombings and some others.

Vassenor wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Oh forgot to mention im glad they addressed the whole "Cant take off our helmets" thing. He is just from a breakaway fanatical cult, makes sense.

I know which is why i thought it was cool that they got her.

But couldn't get Ashley back to play Ahsoka. Bizarre.

I think it is kinda due to concerns over being able to physically portray Ahsoka. My ideal solution is do what they did with Maul in Solo where they had Ray Park physically play him and Sam Witwer voice over. Have Rosario physically play her and Ashley do the voice over.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Imperial Reach
Minister

Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Reach » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:19 am

Andsed wrote:
Heloin wrote:Sounds like a plan. I did suspect watching so many episodes over the course of seven days would be a bit much.

I would recommend for Clone Wars just watching certain arcs. Things like the Siege of Mandalore is a must of course, as is things like the Five arc, Umbara, the Temple bombings and some others.

Vassenor wrote:
But couldn't get Ashley back to play Ahsoka. Bizarre.

I think it is kinda due to concerns over being able to physically portray Ahsoka. My ideal solution is do what they did with Maul in Solo where they had Ray Park physically play him and Sam Witwer voice over. Have Rosario physically play her and Ashley do the voice over.

Rookies was the best standalone episode. Prove me wrong.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

Imperial Rifta
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 15, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Imperial Rifta » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:55 am

The Imperial Reach wrote:
Andsed wrote:I would recommend for Clone Wars just watching certain arcs. Things like the Siege of Mandalore is a must of course, as is things like the Five arc, Umbara, the Temple bombings and some others.

Hard to argue with
Low quality posts from 2020-2023
Eagles - Braves - Crimson Tide - Kraken -

News: The Riftan Professional Bailball League’s playoffs begin and the headlines are stolen by the massive upset by the Etnasa Warhorses over the Proxima Purple Knights in the first round. Meanwhile, the Sarif Beasts topple the Cesar Red after a low scoring game culminating in a one-point victory.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:17 am

Andsed wrote:I would recommend for Clone Wars just watching certain arcs. Things like the Siege of Mandalore is a must of course, as is things like the Five arc, Umbara, the Temple bombings and some others.

You're not wrong.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:03 pm

Andsed wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Pretty much, yeah. It doesn't matter who plays her. It's still Ahsoka.

Which is exactly why everyone is so hyped to see her. She's a great character, something you would know if you would just watch the rest of the clone wars.

The only great thing about her was how greatly annoying she was. From her crappy personality, the stupid way she holds her lightsabers, her outfit...everything about her sucks and annoys me. So I'm just here to hopefully see her die.

On a different note: I get that it would make the game too easy if you just sliced through everything in one swing, but it's still ridiculous how everything in Fallen Order has some inexplicable resistance to lightsabers. A superheated laser sword that can easily cut through steel, but apparently has trouble against a freaking space horse.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Imperial Reach
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Reach » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:11 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Andsed wrote:Which is exactly why everyone is so hyped to see her. She's a great character, something you would know if you would just watch the rest of the clone wars.

The only great thing about her was how greatly annoying she was. From her crappy personality, the stupid way she holds her lightsabers, her outfit...everything about her sucks and annoys me. So I'm just here to hopefully see her die.

On a different note: I get that it would make the game too easy if you just sliced through everything in one swing, but it's still ridiculous how everything in Fallen Order has some inexplicable resistance to lightsabers. A superheated laser sword that can easily cut through steel, but apparently has trouble against a freaking space horse.

Ameri, this isn't 2008. The Ahsoka you're talking about is already dead and was replaced with a better one. It's called "character development". Your knowledge of the character is outdated and your arguments are obsolete. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to consider your opinion on the matter relevant given these facts.

Quit moaning about something you know nothing about. It's fucking old.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

My F7 Policy

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:14 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:The only great thing about her was how greatly annoying she was. From her crappy personality, the stupid way she holds her lightsabers, her outfit...everything about her sucks and annoys me. So I'm just here to hopefully see her die.

Ameri, this isn't 2008. The Ahsoka you're talking about is already dead and was replaced with a better one. It's called "character development". Your knowledge of the character is outdated and your arguments are obsolete. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to consider your opinion on the matter relevant given these facts.

You know thats never going to happen, but hey maybe he wont trip up any random blind girls in the near future.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:The only great thing about her was how greatly annoying she was. From her crappy personality, the stupid way she holds her lightsabers, her outfit...everything about her sucks and annoys me. So I'm just here to hopefully see her die.

Also the whole "stop liking what I don't like" shit is getting old too.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:16 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Andsed wrote:Which is exactly why everyone is so hyped to see her. She's a great character, something you would know if you would just watch the rest of the clone wars.

her crappy personality

Is gone due to large amounts of character devlopment seeing her mature.

the stupid way she holds her lightsabers

This argument is petty and dumb and we both know it.

her outfit

Yeah that tube top shit was really bad. But it was changed in like season 3 IIRC.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:17 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

...Wait you're literally complaining that a video game has mechanics intended to balance gameplay and challenge the player?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Tompicaur
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Mando

Postby Tompicaur » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:23 pm

Although baby yoda is getting canceled for eating the girls offspring I think the season is off to a good start. I haven't seen the third episode yet but I am really excited to see what happens in the rest of the season.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:32 pm

I know enough to know she sucks. And that's all I care to know.

Andsed wrote:Is gone due to large amounts of character devlopment seeing her mature.

Yeah, sure it is...

Andsed wrote:This argument is petty and dumb and we both know it.

Petty, yes. But I stand by it. You show me anyone else who holds their lightsabers like that. She holds them backwards for cripes sake. How she didn't die in her first fight doing that eludes me.

Andsed wrote:Yeah that tube top shit was really bad. But it was changed in like season 3 IIRC.

Well, too bad I'll never get to season 3.

Vassenor wrote:
...Wait you're literally complaining that a video game has mechanics intended to balance gameplay and challenge the player?

I said I get why they did it. Doesn't make it any less dumb. A freaking giant rat should not be able to tank three hits from a lightsaber.

Tompicaur wrote:Although baby yoda is getting canceled for eating the girls offspring I think the season is off to a good start. I haven't seen the third episode yet but I am really excited to see what happens in the rest of the season.

...People realize he's a puppet, right?

The Huskar Social Union wrote:You know thats never going to happen, but hey maybe he wont trip up any random blind girls in the near future.

You keep bringing that up like I should be ashamed of it. Spoiler alert: I'm not.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:51 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:-Snip-

I know enough to know she sucks. And that's all I care to know.

How do you know this when you have only seen the worst of her?

Yeah, sure it is...

Nice to see you agree.

Petty, yes. But I stand by it. You show me anyone else who holds their lightsabers like that. She holds them backwards for cripes sake. How she didn't die in her first fight doing that eludes me.

While I cannot give any examples off the top of my head backward grips like Ahsoka uses is not unheard of in real life as far as I am aware.

Well, too bad I'll never get to season 3.

Whether or not you see it is irrelevant, it is still a fact the tube top was phased out and thus is no longer a valid criticism.

I said I get why they did it. Doesn't make it any less dumb. A freaking giant rat should not be able to tank three hits from a lightsaber.

And you should not be able to tank 6 bullets and then be fine like 10 seconds later but that is how most FPS games do it. Games sometimes have to do dumb things for the sake of having a balanced game.
Last edited by Andsed on Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:53 pm

Andsed wrote:And you should not be able to tank 6 bullets and then be fine like 10 seconds later but that is how most FPS games do it. Games sometimes have to do dumb things for the sake of having a balanced game.

...Fair enough.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:53 pm

I don't see why you guys keep arguing with Ameri, its pretty clear that he won't change any of his opinions.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:42 pm

Aeritai wrote:I don't see why you guys keep arguing with Ameri, its pretty clear that he won't change any of his opinions.

Yeah i stuck him on ignore when i was reminded of the blind girl thing.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:17 pm

Holy God, Battlefront II takes up like 78 gigs. That's a big ass game.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Caleshan Valkyrie
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Caleshan Valkyrie » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:35 pm

You know, a thought occurs: Given what Ahsoka and Sabine were doing at the end of Rebels, I wonder if there’s a chance that Thrawn might pop up...
Godulan Puppet #2, RPing as technologically advanced tribal society founded by mongols and vikings (and later with multiple other Asian and Native American cultures) motivated by an intrinsic devotion to the spirit of competition. They'll walk softly, talk softly, and make soothing noises as they stab you in the back and take your stuff... unless you're another Caleshan, whereupon they'll only stab you in the back figuratively!

Used NS stats: Population. That’s it. Anything else not stated in the factbooks is not used.

Intro RP: Gravity Ships and Garden Snips (involved tribes: Plainsrider, Hawkeye, Wavecrasher)
Current RP: A Rock Out of Place (involved tribes: Night Wolf, Deep Kraken, Starwalker)

The Imperial Reach
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Reach » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:22 pm

Holding your lightsaber backwards isn't a uniquely Ahsoka thing. Several lightsaber users have done it before, including powerful and skilled ones like Revan and Galen Marek/Starkiller. I believe it's been stated that holding your lightsaber backwards is either the clear sign mark of a novice or a display of one's skill as, much like wielding two lightsabers or a double-bladed lightsaber, it require considerable training in order to be used properly and effectively given the unorthodox nature of the fighting style. Not to mention that some lightsaber combat moves require or necessitate the (temporary) rotation of the blade "backwards" in order to be used appropriately, though that is a bit different than just fighting with them being held like that permanently.

An advantage I can see from holding one's lightsaber(s) "backwards" is it can help throw off your opponent as they probably wouldn't be used to the fighting style and would have to adjust, leaving room for mistakes on their part early on. It is actually stated though by the voice actress for Ahsoka that she deliberately holds her lightsabers like that because she's still a padawan in training and doesn't know any better. She does slowly start breaking that habit as the show goes on until I believe she stops doing it altogether, at least as far as I can remember.
Last edited by The Imperial Reach on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:

My F7 Policy

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:31 pm

The Caleshan Valkyrie wrote:
You know, a thought occurs: Given what Ahsoka and Sabine were doing at the end of Rebels, I wonder if there’s a chance that Thrawn might pop up...

If he does, I hope we don't also see those Deus Ex Machina space whales come with him.

The Imperial Reach wrote:Holding your lightsaber backwards isn't a uniquely Ahsoka thing. Several lightsaber users have done it before, including powerful and skilled ones like Revan and Galen Marek/Starkiller. I believe it's been stated that holding your lightsaber backwards is either the clear sign mark of a novice or a display of one's skill as, much like wielding two lightsabers or a double-bladed lightsaber, it require considerable training in order to be used properly and effectively given the unorthodox nature of the fighting style. Not to mention that some lightsaber combat moves require or necessitate the (temporary) rotation of the blade "backwards" in order to be used appropriately, though that is a bit different than just fighting with them being held like that permanently.

An advantage I can see from holding one's lightsaber(s) "backwards" is it can help throw off your opponent as they probably wouldn't be used to the fighting style and would have to adjust, leaving room for mistakes on their part early on. It is actually stated though by the voice actress for Ahsoka that she deliberately holds her lightsabers like that because she's still a padawan in training and doesn't know any better. She does slowly start breaking that habit as the show goes on until I believe she stops doing it altogether, at least as far as I can remember.

You must remember wrong, cause I still her doing it in clips from like season 7.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:52 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

If he does, I hope we don't also see those Deus Ex Machina space whales come with him.

Seriously... Thrawn got Deus Ex'd rather impressively through both seasons of Rebels in which he featured. As a Thrawn fan m'self, I am forced to rate his portrayal in Rebels as significant levels of 'meh'... and not because of the voice-actor. That dude was spiff.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:13 pm

The sequel trilogy should've been a mix between The Heir to the Empire storyline and The Legacy's Fel Empire storyline.

Honestly, if you just ignore the fact that they take place 100's of years apart from one another, they fit really well together.

Like, it would fix the Rey/Kylo dynamic. Instead of possible love interests it could be a story about a girl Jedi trying to save her cousin or brother from imperial remnant forces using him as a dark side figurehead. I'd watch the shit outa that.
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:57 pm

Godular wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:

Seriously... Thrawn got Deus Ex'd rather impressively through both seasons of Rebels in which he featured. As a Thrawn fan m'self, I am forced to rate his portrayal in Rebels as significant levels of 'meh'... and not because of the voice-actor. That dude was spiff.

Fun fact: The guy who voiced him in Rebels is Mads Mikkelsen's brother.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:02 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

The Imperial Reach wrote:Holding your lightsaber backwards isn't a uniquely Ahsoka thing. Several lightsaber users have done it before, including powerful and skilled ones like Revan and Galen Marek/Starkiller. I believe it's been stated that holding your lightsaber backwards is either the clear sign mark of a novice or a display of one's skill as, much like wielding two lightsabers or a double-bladed lightsaber, it require considerable training in order to be used properly and effectively given the unorthodox nature of the fighting style. Not to mention that some lightsaber combat moves require or necessitate the (temporary) rotation of the blade "backwards" in order to be used appropriately, though that is a bit different than just fighting with them being held like that permanently.

You must remember wrong, cause I still her doing it in clips from like season 7.

It's called the Shien reverse grip for reference. Shien being a variant of Form V Djem So, her master Anakin's main form.

Maichuko
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2015

Postby Maichuko » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:03 pm

I'd like to see a live action Sabine.
Long Live the Emperor of all Maichukoans! May he live 100 years!
(V)(;,,;)(V) woop woop woop woop

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction