NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: This is The Way

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How Bad is This Final Batch?

Great Final Batch
42%
Good Final Batch
42%
Decent Final Batch
8%
Bad Final Batch
No votes
Terrible Final Batch
8%

Total votes : 12

The Restored Danelaw
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Restored Danelaw » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:29 am

Northern Saxonia wrote:What was the point of the Tarkin doctrine aside from the whole “ruling through fear” thing? All those SDs must take a ridiculous amount of effort to maintain...

Ruling through fear at the expense of having a navy that makes sense in any way whatsoever is pretty much the whole point of the Tarkin Doctrine. Keep in mind, economy in Star Wars is complicated enough that "maintaining" doesn't really come into a star nation's concerns.
The Danelaw
June 14, 2021
Yorwick Daily: Kingly Heere takes Sanct James. Nahowland gives up the Crig in Miscitoland after nearly half a year of fighting. | Spanning breaks out between the Gemeanwealth and China when HMS Siegfried sinks down 3 Chineish boats wrongfully sailing in Angledanish waters near Eadwardhaven. | OFN's General Forsamling sheds to 'deal with the Crisis in Indey'. Japan, the Danelaw, New England give the Farmers' regearing in Indey a Lastsay until July 1 to give up to the Regearingstrue in Hyderabad "or else." | Gang Shao, China's President comes out ill with a deadly shape of forstanderscrab. Loremen warn that an Eld of Criglords may be forthcoming in China if Shao dies before naming an erfollower.
Creds for the pfp goes to Rein

Imperial Rifta
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 15, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Imperial Rifta » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:30 pm

As it is put in the Imperial Handbook (Legends) it says that without a navy, its pointless. It doesn’t matter how many ground troops or vehicles you have, Orbital bombardment wins every time.
Low quality posts from 2020-2023
Eagles - Braves - Crimson Tide - Kraken -

News: The Riftan Professional Bailball League’s playoffs begin and the headlines are stolen by the massive upset by the Etnasa Warhorses over the Proxima Purple Knights in the first round. Meanwhile, the Sarif Beasts topple the Cesar Red after a low scoring game culminating in a one-point victory.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:52 am

Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Squizland
Civilian

Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Squizland » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:55 am

Don't make me choose which show I want most!!!

Just-An-Illusion
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Just-An-Illusion » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:34 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Possble new information for Lego Starwars coming may the 4th.

I'm so ready.

I hope this game doesn't disappoint.
Aeritai's new official NSG, Arts & Fiction, and F7 account.
You can just call me Illusion or Aeri either name works fine with me! I am a new person now and I look forward to experincing this new life.

If you're ever feeling down, just remember someone cares for you! ^_^

The Official Queen Of All Tomboys
She/her

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:52 pm

Just-An-Illusion wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Possble new information for Lego Starwars coming may the 4th.

I'm so ready.

I hope this game doesn't disappoint.

It shouldn't. Last lego game I recall was DC supervillans and that game was good from everyone who played it.

Last lego starwars thing was great. I loved the lego holiday special

If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it right now. It is just so good.

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sat May 01, 2021 9:51 am

Probably wanted to poke fun at certain aspects of the Sequel Trilogy ( as its poked fan at literally all SW content it's brought in ) and was told no.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat May 01, 2021 11:11 am

Fedel wrote:

Probably wanted to poke fun at certain aspects of the Sequel Trilogy ( as its poked fan at literally all SW content it's brought in ) and was told no.

Course, couldnt be any other reason
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat May 01, 2021 11:41 am

Rumours that there might a Mandalorian game in the works with Microsoft.

Could be a pretty safe bet for a new star wars game honestly, its a hit show and could be a popular choice for a tie in video game with star wars fans.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sat May 01, 2021 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat May 01, 2021 1:13 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Rumours that there might a Mandalorian game in the works with Microsoft.

Could be a pretty safe bet for a new star wars game honestly, its a hit show and could be a popular choice for a tie in video game with star wars fans.

Bounty Hunter 2 maybe? (Probably not, but that’d be cool)
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat May 01, 2021 1:18 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Rumours that there might a Mandalorian game in the works with Microsoft.

Bounty Hunter 2 maybe? (Probably not, but that’d be cool)

I never played that game but i heard it was decent

It also might scratch that itch people had for that 1313 game. Depending on what kind of game it ends up being if the rumours are true.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat May 01, 2021 2:12 pm

Fedel wrote:

No?

As he didn't state a reason, we can't confirm or deny that as a reason but that doesn't any sense.

Lego the Force awakens made fun of the ST. So did Lego Starwars Holiday special.

So, saying that a rule came in saying 'you can't make fun of the st' doesn't make any sense?

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sat May 01, 2021 4:19 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Fedel wrote:

No?

As he didn't state a reason, we can't confirm or deny that as a reason but that doesn't any sense.

Lego the Force awakens made fun of the ST. So did Lego Starwars Holiday special.

So, saying that a rule came in saying 'you can't make fun of the st' doesn't make any sense?

*Shrug* They seem to have gotten a lot more militant and defensive about the sequel trilogy and their reception as of late than they were in the past.
Last edited by Fedel on Sun May 02, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat May 01, 2021 7:16 pm

Fedel wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:...

No?

*Shrug* They seem to have gotten a lot more militant and defensive about their movies as of late then they were in the past.

If that where true, then lego starwars holiday special is a big contradiction in that concept.

Like it made fun of movies 1 thru 9.

Other lego products makeing fun of disney ip's seem to be ok.

Lego marvel seems to be the same.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sun May 02, 2021 10:20 am

Fedel wrote:
*Shrug* They seem to have gotten a lot more militant and defensive about their movies as of late then they were in the past.

If that where true, then lego starwars holiday special is a big contradiction in that concept.

Perhaps it was in regards to a certain specific point such as Holdo's purple hair or other specific details that lend themselves to comedy. :)

We'll probably never know. Not saying that that was the reason explicitly, just that with the behavior from the company as of late, it seems very possible. Apologies if that upsets you.
Last edited by Fedel on Sun May 02, 2021 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun May 02, 2021 10:24 am

Scary hair colour

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sun May 02, 2021 10:38 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Scary hair colour

Not all that scary, though quite amusing nonetheless.
Last edited by Fedel on Sun May 02, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun May 02, 2021 10:44 am

Fedel wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Scary hair colour

Sure

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sun May 02, 2021 10:45 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Fedel wrote:

Sure

?
Last edited by Fedel on Sun May 02, 2021 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun May 02, 2021 10:48 am

Fedel wrote:

Perhaps it was in regards to a certain specific point such as Holdo's purple hair or other specific details that lend themselves to comedy. :)

We'll probably never know. Not saying that that was the reason explicitly, just that with the behavior from the company as of late, it seems very possible. Apologies if that upsets you.

It doesn't.

But it confuses me. It just doesn't sense.

If the same people at Lucas arts green lit lego holiday special, then why not green light skywalker saga over hair colour of all things?

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun May 02, 2021 10:54 am

Clone Wars star Matt Lanter says his Anakin Skywalker will return to Star Wars

He mentions a new animated project so maybe that Visions thing they are doing? From what i understand its an anthology series so could be in one of those, but it is being made by some japanese studios so maybe not. Or maybe another unannounced project.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sun May 02, 2021 11:04 am

Fedel wrote:

It doesn't.

But it confuses me. It just doesn't sense.

If the same people at Lucas arts green lit lego holiday special, then why not green light skywalker saga over hair colour of all things?

Very possibly changes to its PR and brand image goals in order to help soften the public perception to these films in the long term. Who knows.
Last edited by Fedel on Sun May 02, 2021 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sun May 02, 2021 11:05 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Clone Wars star Matt Lanter says his Anakin Skywalker will return to Star Wars

He mentions a new animated project so maybe that Visions thing they are doing? From what i understand its an anthology series so could be in one of those, but it is being made by some japanese studios so maybe not. Or maybe another unannounced project.

Exciting stuff.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction