NATION

PASSWORD

DELETED

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Nejii
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

DELETED

Postby Nejii » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:51 am

Deleted to avoid incurring any blowback or issue. While the essay I posted wasn't in fact a homework assignment and simply one for pleasure, I'd rather just take the safe road.
Last edited by Nejii on Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Radical centrist tilting more and more to the right (socially)...

The Horst-Wessel-Lied is very catchy.

Growing more unapologetic by the day.

Li Jing
Attaché

Founded: Oct 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Li Jing » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:02 am

-Sweden wrote:gayass 8)

A pointless and juvenile post. What sewer did you squirm from exactly?
Returning Member (2010-2014),
PANSEXUAL CHINESE-AMERICAN WOMAN,
Performing artist working on a journalism degree.
Taoist, hyper sexual, liberal AF, and champion toker.

Albrenia wrote:
Li Jing wrote:
Ask me about the time I shot a guy down in college.

I missed the word 'down' in your post and was quite confused for a second there.

Treadwellia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Treadwellia » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:09 am

At a very brief glance, as I am grading other essays at the moment, there are spelling errors throughout (most notably Hemingway's name), flip-flops of present and past tense (it's standard to write about literature in present tense rather than past, as readers can pick up the text at any point in the present to enjoy it), and I do not see a Works Cited or References page or MLA or APA style parenthetical citations, if your instructor has asked for them, although you DO have a sort of informal citations in here that might match your specific instructor's demands. Check on those.

As for content, I don't readily know this particular text, so I can't speak to your overall analysis. Assuming your critique is on target for the work, that should serve you well, but the big concern, for me, is the aforementioned citation issue.

Best wishes on making the grade you really want! I assume this is a rough draft?
Last edited by Treadwellia on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nejii
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nejii » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:20 am

Treadwellia wrote:At a very brief glance, as I am grading other essays at the moment, there are spelling errors throughout (most notably Hemingway's name), flip-flops of present and past tense (it's standard to write about literature in present tense rather than past, as readers can pick up the text at any point in the present to enjoy it), and I do not see a Works Cited or References page or MLA or APA style parenthetical citations, if your instructor has asked for them, although you DO have a sort of informal citations in here that might match your specific instructor's demands. Check on those.

As for content, I don't readily know this particular text, so I can't speak to your overall analysis. Assuming your critique is on target for the work, that should serve you well, but the big concern, for me, is the aforementioned citation issue.

Best wishes on making the grade you really want! I assume this is a rough draft?

Rough draft, yes. I have a works' cited page I just didn't copy and paste it here. I could have swore I double checked for spelling errors, but I'll check again. As for the constant time transition, I see what you mean. It's a habit I can't seem to break. :?

And FYI, I'm writing this strictly to post online, perhaps present it to a literary club. This isn't for a college course or anything. I just wanted to write a review. :p
Last edited by Nejii on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radical centrist tilting more and more to the right (socially)...

The Horst-Wessel-Lied is very catchy.

Growing more unapologetic by the day.

Treadwellia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Treadwellia » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:24 am

Got it. Final word: "journey." Not "journal." Good luck!

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:58 am

Friendly reminder that requests for assistance in homework are in violation of the OSRS. The reason I am not locking this thread is because you clarified that this is not a request for assistance in homework and I have no reason not to assume good faith.

Thanks!
NVI
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Return to Arts & Fiction