NATION

PASSWORD

Worst song you ever listened to

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:41 am

Basically all low effort rap music, some cringe pop songs, and Baby Shark.

Even as a kpop fan I heavily dislike some songs.
Free Las Pinas wrote:
Echellia wrote:Everything by BTS and Lizzo.

Not a huge fan of BTS, or K-Pop in general, but their music the first few years wasn't so bad. They got worse when they became global, IMO.

^^ in their earlier years they didn't have such a huge fan base so they had more musical creativity. Now that they are so popular their music is becoming increasingly commercial. Last comeback I liked from them was LY:Tear/Fake Love.
johnathan

Travislavania
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Travislavania » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:42 am

baby-justin bieber
Join Me in Macula Offeret

Destyntine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Destyntine » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:43 am

Gucci Gang - Lil Pump
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ I do stuff n' thangs.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Spaceship go Vroooom!

NS stats are not 100% accurate, but they do represent my nation slightly!
Yeah, I'm sassy! Get over it!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:21 pm

Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:Basically all low effort rap music, some cringe pop songs, and Baby Shark.

Free Las Pinas wrote:Not a huge fan of BTS, or K-Pop in general, but their music the first few years wasn't so bad. They got worse when they became global, IMO.

^^ in their earlier years they didn't have such a huge fan base so they had more musical creativity. Now that they are so popular their music is becoming increasingly commercial. Last comeback I liked from them was LY:Tear/Fake Love.

Their latest stuff makes me want to gauge my eyes out, really. Especially that fucking “Dynamite” track. I get the wanting a feel good song but this one is just supremely annoying and they play it a lot on local radio. Like, a lot. And I live in the South. KPop is not something commonly heard around.

I have to note that the individual member projects are more decent. RM and Agust D have more substantial and well rounded forays into music and this is coming from someone who isn’t a huge rap fan.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Turelisa-
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Turelisa- » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:33 pm

All I'm Missing Is You by Glenn Mediores was panned on Juke Boy Jury by a panel of five celebrity guests who also ridiculed his dancing in the music video and described him as physically ineffectual.They didnt know he was due to appear briefly at the end of the show. He came on, refused a token trophy from the host, and fumed at the guests before waking out.
Last edited by Turelisa- on Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:40 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:Basically all low effort rap music, some cringe pop songs, and Baby Shark.

Their latest stuff makes me want to gauge my eyes out, really. Especially that fucking “Dynamite” track. I get the wanting a feel good song but this one is just supremely annoying and they play it a lot on local radio. Like, a lot. And I live in the South. KPop is not something commonly heard around.

I have to note that the individual member projects are more decent. RM and Agust D have more substantial and well rounded forays into music and this is coming from someone who isn’t a huge rap fan.

Agree with the last part. I'd rather listen to the rappers' soundtracks than their post 2018 music. The only 2020 BTS song I like is Black Swan.
johnathan

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Agree with the last part. I'd rather listen to the rappers' soundtracks than their post 2018 music. The only 2020 BTS song I like is Black Swan.

Not sure as I do not consider myself an Army but, have the other five done solo projects?
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:50 pm

Squidroidia wrote:And just from modern Maroon 5 alone (I think Animals was my last song I liked from them), Wait, What Lovers Do and Nobody's Love.

Maroon 5 is tragic now compared to what they were between 2002-2008. They peaked with It Won’t Be Soon Before Long. Then they decided to regress and to become like everyone else.

Hmmmmm I’d need to think about this. I hate a lot of songs. XD
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:53 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Squidroidia wrote:And just from modern Maroon 5 alone (I think Animals was my last song I liked from them), Wait, What Lovers Do and Nobody's Love.

Maroon 5 is tragic now compared to what they were between 2002-2008. They peaked with It Won’t Be Soon Before Long. Then they decided to regress and to become like everyone else.

The real question should be what songs do you like then?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:54 pm

Oh, I got another one. It was a country one. Can’t recall the singer but the chorus... it still sets my teeth on edge: “ Baby, you a song
You make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise...” Fuck that song.
Slava Ukraini

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Postby Dresderstan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:57 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Oh, I got another one. It was a country one. Can’t recall the singer but the chorus... it still sets my teeth on edge: “ Baby, you a song

It's the duo Florida Georgia Line with the song called Cruise, and yeah it's terrible, like most bro-country, although don't listen to the remix with Nelly, it becomes more pop washed with rapping mixed in. God 2013 was a bad year.

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:57 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:Agree with the last part. I'd rather listen to the rappers' soundtracks than their post 2018 music. The only 2020 BTS song I like is Black Swan.

Not sure as I do not consider myself an Army but, have the other five done solo projects?

I don't think so. It's only solo songs in albums
johnathan

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:58 pm

Dresderstan wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Oh, I got another one. It was a country one. Can’t recall the singer but the chorus... it still sets my teeth on edge: “ Baby, you a song

It's the duo Florida Georgia Line with the song called Cruise, and yeah it's terrible, like most bro-country, although don't listen to the remix with Nelly, it becomes more pop washed with rapping mixed in. God 2013 was a bad year.

That shit. Yes. It was played everywhere and too damn much.

Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I don't think so. It's only solo songs in albums

Ok. Didn’t know.
Slava Ukraini

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Luminesa wrote:

And then they do songs like Girls Like You and Memories, which feel more like glorified Adam Levine solo songs than they do songs by a band called Maroon 5. Like with Coldplay in that post of my worst songs I get evolving your sound to avoid it being stale but, when your sound evolves to the point where you can easily hire a team of producers to make your track or you can do it yourself (and maybe get a session musician or two on board just in case) instead of having an actual backing band of people, then maybe you need to think about what went wrong.

Dresderstan wrote:

I forgot about those guys for a good reason. They did that Meant To Be song that somehow became big over here and their obnoxious twangy drawl still shows up in my nightmares. Might add them to that unnecessarily big post I did.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:21 pm

Elejamie wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Maroon 5 is tragic now compared to what they were between 2002-2008. They peaked with It Won’t Be Soon Before Long. Then they decided to regress and to become like everyone else.

And then they do songs like Girls Like You and Memories, which feel more like glorified Adam Levine solo songs than they do songs by a band called Maroon 5. Like with Coldplay in that post of my worst songs I get evolving your sound to avoid it being stale but, when your sound evolves to the point where you can easily hire a team of producers to make your track or you can do it yourself (and maybe get a session musician or two on board just in case) instead of having an actual backing band of people, then maybe you need to think about what went wrong.

Dresderstan wrote:It's the duo Florida Georgia Line with the song called Cruise, and yeah it's terrible, like most bro-country, although don't listen to the remix with Nelly, it becomes more pop washed with rapping mixed in. God 2013 was a bad year.

I forgot about those guys for a good reason. They did that Meant To Be song that somehow became big over here and their obnoxious twangy drawl still shows up in my nightmares. Might add them to that unnecessarily big post I did.

Both of those songs are awful. No creativity, no uniqueness, nothing fun, just...banal techno-pop. Coldplay still has SOME semblance of identity, but Maroon 5 is now just Adam Levine and everyone else.

Florida-Georgia Line. EVERYTHING by Florida-Georgia Line is the WORST. They are such trash and represent everything wrong with modern country music.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:22 pm

Dresderstan wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Maroon 5 is tragic now compared to what they were between 2002-2008. They peaked with It Won’t Be Soon Before Long. Then they decided to regress and to become like everyone else.

The real question should be what songs do you like then?

I also like a lot of songs. It depends on the genre and the artist. I listen to a ton of music, so there's artists I love and artists I hate, and songs that I hate by artists I like.
-Alan Jackson

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:38 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Elejamie wrote:

Both of those songs are awful. No creativity, no uniqueness, nothing fun, just...banal techno-pop. Coldplay still has SOME semblance of identity, but Maroon 5 is now just Adam Levine and everyone else.

Florida-Georgia Line. EVERYTHING by Florida-Georgia Line is the WORST. They are such trash and represent everything wrong with modern country music.

I’m biased but I find both old and new country objectionable. :p
Slava Ukraini

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Postby Dresderstan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:40 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Elejamie wrote:

Girls Like You isn't really "techno-pop" tbh, it's more of acoustic-esque pop/pop-rock, if you can call it that tbh. Coldplay I've always found interesting, because I never liked their alt rock post-Brit pop first 3 albums, when they started to pivot more towards a sort indie pop/pop rock and later more pop and electronica I actually like the transition. Their older stuff just feels muddled and part of the slow and dying wave of post-grunge and alt rock in the late 90s into the early 2000s, so I prefer their change-up, Maroon 5, I find to be overhated in that a lot of people just hate them for the sake of hating them, but overrated in the sense they don't go away.

They are definitely terrible, I think the only "passable" song from them was H.O.L.Y back in 2016, although that could just be because 2016 was gods awful for music, but that is not a good sign. They are the worst mainstream country act in Nashville, not just under the Big Machine Record Label either.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:44 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Both of those songs are awful. No creativity, no uniqueness, nothing fun, just...banal techno-pop. Coldplay still has SOME semblance of identity, but Maroon 5 is now just Adam Levine and everyone else.

I’m biased but I find both old and new country objectionable. :p

Old country is my jam. It brings my heart back to a place when I was little, listening to the radio while I was in the swimming pool. Lazy summers and listening to the radio on the way to school.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:45 pm

Dresderstan wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Both of those songs are awful. No creativity, no uniqueness, nothing fun, just...banal techno-pop. Coldplay still has SOME semblance of identity, but Maroon 5 is now just Adam Levine and everyone else.

Girls Like You isn't really "techno-pop" tbh, it's more of acoustic-esque pop/pop-rock, if you can call it that tbh. Coldplay I've always found interesting, because I never liked their alt rock post-Brit pop first 3 albums, when they started to pivot more towards a sort indie pop/pop rock and later more pop and electronica I actually like the transition. Their older stuff just feels muddled and part of the slow and dying wave of post-grunge and alt rock in the late 90s into the early 2000s, so I prefer their change-up, Maroon 5, I find to be overhated in that a lot of people just hate them for the sake of hating them, but overrated in the sense they don't go away.

They are definitely terrible, I think the only "passable" song from them was H.O.L.Y back in 2016, although that could just be because 2016 was gods awful for music, but that is not a good sign. They are the worst mainstream country act in Nashville, not just under the Big Machine Record Label either.

Coldplay has some downright beautiful music, especially on Mylo Xyloto. I think they should go back to concept albums like that, it seems to help their writing.
-Alan Jackson

Eurasies
Envoy

Founded: Feb 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Eurasies » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:47 pm

The political campaigns
The Federal Republic of Eurasies
"Federation, Libereco & Capitalismo"

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Postby Dresderstan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:49 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:Girls Like You isn't really "techno-pop" tbh, it's more of acoustic-esque pop/pop-rock, if you can call it that tbh. Coldplay I've always found interesting, because I never liked their alt rock post-Brit pop first 3 albums, when they started to pivot more towards a sort indie pop/pop rock and later more pop and electronica I actually like the transition. Their older stuff just feels muddled and part of the slow and dying wave of post-grunge and alt rock in the late 90s into the early 2000s, so I prefer their change-up, Maroon 5, I find to be overhated in that a lot of people just hate them for the sake of hating them, but overrated in the sense they don't go away.

Coldplay has some downright beautiful music, especially on Mylo Xyloto. I think they should go back to concept albums like that, it seems to help their writing.

Oh absolutely I love that album, Paradise is definitely in my top 5 best Coldplay songs, and don't get me started on Princess of China.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:51 pm

Dresderstan wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Coldplay has some downright beautiful music, especially on Mylo Xyloto. I think they should go back to concept albums like that, it seems to help their writing.

Oh absolutely I love that album, Paradise is definitely in my top 5 best Coldplay songs, and don't get me started on Princess of China.

"Charlie Brown" is the best song on the album, in my opinion. It is an experience.
-Alan Jackson

Treadwellia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Treadwellia » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:19 pm

Hmmmm.

Let's go out on a limb here and mention the two worst Beatles songs in creation.

"Mr. Moonlight."

"Revolution 9."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction