NATION

PASSWORD

Worst movie you have ever seen

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:34 am

Pantos wrote:You're gonna hate me for this but I absolutely hate LOTR. The movie trilogy is among the most boring things I've ever seen and even the books weren't my cup of tea. Like, at all.

You are not the only one. I know the trilogy failed to catch up with me: I just don’t know why.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:18 pm

Minoa wrote:
Pantos wrote:You're gonna hate me for this but I absolutely hate LOTR. The movie trilogy is among the most boring things I've ever seen and even the books weren't my cup of tea. Like, at all.

You are not the only one. I know the trilogy failed to catch up with me: I just don’t know why.

Understandable
Prepare to die

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:06 am

I'm not a fan either, but the Hobbit films were worse.
Everything is intertwinkled

Servilis
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Servilis » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:25 am

Killer Sofa, bad plot, lazy horror movie, was forced to watch it,
Grownups I (maybe II idk),
literally any jumanji movie
Planet 51 (a chore to watch)
Age of Stupid (pretty boring documentary, good premise, badly presented)
10,000 B.C (too long, boring, meh)
Daybreak (literally 3 episodes in and already the show has lost it's status as a comedy movie, just play Fallout : New Vegas instead)
Assassin's Creed (they literally retconned all of the AC lore just to make a shitty movie, also with a budget that big you'd atleast expect the Protagonist to have a decent cloak, ALSO THEY NEVER GO IN-DEPTH AS TO HOW THEY MAKE PEOPLE IMMORTAL WHAT? WE NEVER GOT IMMORTAL ASSASSINS BEING KEPT PRISONER BY TEMPLARS IN THE GAMES)

honestly i cant remember on the top of my head the names of any movies,

i dont even watch movies that much,
idk lol

OH I FORGOT TO MENTION, EVERY FILM MADE BY LIONSGATE, FUCKERS CANT GO ONE SECOND WITHOUT INCLUDING A DRAMATIC BOXING MATCH IN THEIR FILMS

lets be honest though we all know deep down in our hearts the best ever film made in the history of film making has to be the Incredible Bulk, which is totally not an ironically smashed together piece of stock footage that rips off a certain Marvel movie, i mean, dont be silly

The United Confederacy of Texas
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The United Confederacy of Texas » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:05 am

Just gonna add (and I might get even more heat from this), I never liked the Harry Potter series
Filthy center-left statist
Straight
Agnostic atheist
Hack who RPs with subpar posts
Somewhat RP (not used as much), NS stats are somewhat reflected, a tendency for realism/futuristic stuff in some cases
Tex or U.C.T. works
This country mostly reflects my personal views
Will update this signature with a factbook in distant future

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:38 am

The United Confederacy of Texas wrote:

Just gonna add (and I might get even more heat from this), I never liked the Harry Potter series

Even before Rowling came out as a transphobic racist ;) ?

But I agree. The movies are a poor adaptation of the books and the books themselves are pretty bad to start with.
The Lego sets are nice though ;)
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Vivolkha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:05 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:

I'm not a fan either, but the Hobbit films were worse.

I passed on the last Hobbit movie after seeing the first two. They are slow and boring.
Exclusively OOC nation | Prominent stat player as Aryax | Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Commentary about WA resolutions is posted on a personal capacity, and does not represent the opinion of 10000 Islands.

Hellslayer
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 26, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Hellslayer » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:16 am

Trolls. I HATE Trolls. It has a terrible plot, poor pacing, the songs are mediocre at best. To be fair, it is the only film I've managed to fall asleep in, so I may have missed something better. But I don't think so. It was just so bad, I felt physically ill afterwards.
"Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.”

To understand this nation, I recommend this dispatch by the National Library of Hellslayer

Theberstan
Envoy

Founded: Jul 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Theberstan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:18 am

Grinning Dragon wrote:That's a toss up for the worst movie...
The Age of Innocence
The Thin Red Line
Titanic
Ghostbusters (2016 remake)

I was going to say the 2016 remake. But Titanic? Is there something wrong?

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:04 am

Theberstan wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:That's a toss up for the worst movie...
The Age of Innocence
The Thin Red Line
Titanic
Ghostbusters (2016 remake)

I was going to say the 2016 remake. But Titanic? Is there something wrong?

Woman cheats on husband with Leonardo DiCaprio and eventually runs away with husband's most prized possession (the heart of the ocean) and husband commits suicide during the great depression, woman goes on to fulfill everything on her bucket list and dies.

FNU
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby FNU » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:39 am

Michael Bay's 2001 Film: Pearl Harbour
I write dumb things, ask and I'll vaguely explain them.

Theberstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Theberstan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:06 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
The United Confederacy of Texas wrote:Just gonna add (and I might get even more heat from this), I never liked the Harry Potter series

But I agree. The movies are a poor adaptation of the books and the books themselves are pretty bad to start with.

Well, reading the books for the third time now is even better than the first time for me. The movies, they’re okay. I also agree, the lego sets were also nice.

Also, I see you’re saying quite a bit of good movies as bad, I mean Trolls, I never watched and never want to watch seems bad at first glance. So what do you qualify for a good movie then?

And I’ve seen tons of bad movies... Atomic Shark... I wanted something really garbage on purpose.

Theberstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Theberstan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:14 pm

The North Fairweather Region wrote:Who Killed Captain Alex? (First Ugandan Movie) 2010
(Image)
(Image)

Don’t even get me started...

THe KINGdOM OF ANATOLiA
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby THe KINGdOM OF ANATOLiA » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:22 pm

Firequake (2014) - Terrible acting, many plot holes, why everyone is speaking English in Czechoslovakia?
Alex Strangelove (2018) - Cheesy and unoriginal. Gets boring after a while.
Love, Simon (2018) - Very stereotypical LGBTQ+ movie. Boring, bland and absolutely horrible.
ㅤStream Man's World by Marina Diamandisㅤ

- LGBTQ+ | He/Him
- Trans Ally
- Greek-Jew Living in Turkey (i know, weird right?)
- Atheist
- Fuck Nazism
- 8Values

I don't use NS Stats

Old Tanokiana
Envoy

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Old Tanokiana » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:29 pm

Alpha and Omega, it awakened the Furry within me, lots of "Haha funny butt joke" and every time a new one gets pumped out of Ukraine, the quality gets worse and worse. Oh and uh Character development sucks
PT-MT Nation used to be a representation of my views, NS stats are used rarely
Former Member of: CUSP, UIC
TG me if something's off. I'll probably rewrite my lore when I get to it, if I get to it lol

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE RUSSIAN CZAR | Old Tanokiana is an Orthodox Greco-Frankish nation located in modern day Lower Saxony, Germany.

Theberstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Theberstan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:34 pm

Old Tanokiana wrote:Alpha and Omega, it awakened the Furry within me, lots of "Haha funny butt joke" and every time a new one gets pumped out of Ukraine, the quality gets worse and worse. Oh and uh Character development sucks

I’ve only seen the first and oh lord it’s bad...

Kyruev
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyruev » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:39 pm

Langenia wrote:Ugh, Sharkboy and Lavagirl left me scarred for a while. I never want to see that again.

The giant creepy robot in that movie used to give me nightmares.. pretty ironic given the context, haha
❀ ❀ ❀

NYANcity News: The news is never going to change awfully slow today | The cute kitten sleeping in a noodle bowl still hasn't woken up yet, aww | Some are still slightly concerned over the Leader's gold obsession | The user of this nation doesn't know what to write anymore | Look at my card collection 

Lizard with a computer.
I mostly post in Forum 7.

❀ܓ(。◠ ꇴ ◠。 )
^
W.I.P OOC Factbook

Ciao ~!

Something new thats cool
Secretary

Founded: Dec 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Something new thats cool » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:47 pm

gotta be the Emoji Movie, no funny jokes, animation that looks good but has simple and crappy designs for most of the emojis, plus, they named the poop emoji "Poop Daddy" (BTW hes somehow voiced by Patrick Stewart), and overall, im glad i didnt see trash like Arctic Dogs, Norm of The North and The Playmobil Movie (anyone remember THOSE films?)

Something new thats cool
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Something new thats cool » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:50 pm

Hellslayer wrote:Trolls. I HATE Trolls. It has a terrible plot, poor pacing, the songs are mediocre at best. To be fair, it is the only film I've managed to fall asleep in, so I may have missed something better. But I don't think so. It was just so bad, I felt physically ill afterwards.

Oh boy, your glad that you didnt see things like The Emoji Movie or Norm of The North.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:32 pm

Something new thats cool wrote:gotta be the Emoji Movie, no funny jokes, animation that looks good but has simple and crappy designs for most of the emojis, plus, they named the poop emoji "Poop Daddy" (BTW hes somehow voiced by Patrick Stewart)

The "we're number 2" joke by Stewart saved the movie for me.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Something new thats cool
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Something new thats cool » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:41 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Something new thats cool wrote:gotta be the Emoji Movie, no funny jokes, animation that looks good but has simple and crappy designs for most of the emojis, plus, they named the poop emoji "Poop Daddy" (BTW hes somehow voiced by Patrick Stewart)

The "we're number 2" joke by Stewart saved the movie for me.

gonna remind you that the poop child never shows up after that gag.

Pantos
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Pantos » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:13 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
The United Confederacy of Texas wrote:Just gonna add (and I might get even more heat from this), I never liked the Harry Potter series

I've read the HP series when I was 12 or 13 and got hooked like crazy. Re-read the first three some time last year and didn't bother to go on because of how poorly they're written. I guess these things are really only meant for kids :p

[Edit: Oops, sorry, this is supposed to be a movie thread]
Last edited by Pantos on Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fransikania and Maldovania
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fransikania and Maldovania » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:05 pm

The Brown Bunny

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:11 pm

Pantos wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:Even before Rowling came out as a transphobic racist ;) ?

I've read the HP series when I was 12 or 13 and got hooked like crazy. Re-read the first three some time last year and didn't bother to go on because of how poorly they're written. I guess these things are really only meant for kids :p

[Edit: Oops, sorry, this is supposed to be a movie thread]

The second film has Kenneth Branagh, though. They needed to focus on his character a LOT more. KB deserved more screen time!
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

North Cromch
Envoy

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby North Cromch » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:14 am

The Alma Mater wrote:

Lego is amazing.
The Lego Jack Stone movie isn't amazing.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction