NATION

PASSWORD

Which game is the best in 2020?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Deus Ignis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Which game is the best in 2020?

Postby Deus Ignis » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:10 am

As the title states, which game do you believe is the best?

Me personally think that Bloodborne is the best. (May Post other games as well
1. Bloodborne
2. Kingdom Come Deliverance
3. Skyrim
4. Fallout 4
5. Witcher 3 completed edition
6. Assassin Creed's Odyssey
Man is Beyond Good and Evil, for Morals and Ethics change from Culture to Culture and Era to Era
The hardest choice for a monarch is to choose his nation's happiness or his own, for all roads lead to ruin
Greed & Pride above all else
Monarchist, Republican , Comanche
Favorite Forum: Which Germany was the best?
Deus Regem Deus Tenebris Deus Ignis

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:19 am

I think the best game of 2020 is a cool little web-based nation simulator game called NationStates.
:p
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Whitemore
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Whitemore » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:21 am

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:I think the best game of 2020 is a cool little web-based nation simulator game called NationStates.

You beat me to it!
★ The Empire of Whitemore ★ - " We will reach the Gates of Heaven!"

The remnants of Humanity set in 2601, 500 years after an alien attack on Terra forced Mankind to flee the planet.

• Loosely based off of several sci fi anime shows, some examples are; Code Geass, Aldnoah Zero and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Whitemoreans whenever a new War Campaign is launched - POV: You're Whitemorean and see a alien

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:22 am

Hmmm, a very hard choice, here are my top 5.

• NationStates
  • NationStates
  • NationStates
  • NationStates
  • And finally, NationStates.
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Pulsroth
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 07, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Pulsroth » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:26 am

Deus Ignis wrote:As the title states, which game do you believe is the best?

1. Bloodborne
3. Skyrim
4. Fallout 4

Well, you won't hear any arguments from me. Bloodborne is the best of these as far as I'm concerned, as well. Apart from NS obviously.
The greatest Asian meritocracy of the 2040's, run by NS's resident vaguely aristocratic English rose.

Visit my futuristic and Lovecraftian themed nations as well, why don't you? Wip3d Out, Esterhill

I'm newly married, so I'm well and truly blessed right now. And whoever else ends up reading this, may you live a blessed life too!

Nuroblav
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuroblav » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:29 am

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:I think the best game of 2020 is a cool little web-based nation simulator game called NationStates.

Never heard of it but it sounds interesting. Perhaps I'll give it a look-in someday.
Your NS mutualist(?), individualist, metalhead and all-round...err...human. TG if you have any questions about my political or musical views.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

\m/ METAL IS BASED \m/

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:46 am

Fall Guys
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:56 am

Deus Ignis wrote:3. Skyrim

With Skyrim I have this vicious circle: When I go back I think it's one of the best games ever, but the more I play the more it's flaws get to me and in the end I think it's a flawed piece of shit. Few months later I go back and it's the same thing all over again :p
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:58 am

The Henry Stickmin collection.

Though Fall Guys is actually a ton of fun, strong contender for best one in 2020 so far.

EDIT: Since I see past games are included in this, all I have to say is Undertale. If you haven't, go and play Undertale. Right now. It'll be very worth it.
Last edited by Chan Island on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:56 am

Still backgammon after 5,000 years.
Everything is intertwinkled

Deus Ignis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Deus Ignis » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Cadonica wrote:
Deus Ignis wrote:3. Skyrim

With Skyrim I have this vicious circle: When I go back I think it's one of the best games ever, but the more I play the more it's flaws get to me and in the end I think it's a flawed piece of shit. Few months later I go back and it's the same thing all over again :p

Who doesn't do this cycle?
Man is Beyond Good and Evil, for Morals and Ethics change from Culture to Culture and Era to Era
The hardest choice for a monarch is to choose his nation's happiness or his own, for all roads lead to ruin

Destyntine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Destyntine » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:41 am

Skyrim does seem to be that game we can all play for eternity, it really never gets old. Plus, best modding community is the history of gaming.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ I do stuff n' thangs.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Spaceship go Vroooom!

NS stats are not 100% accurate, but they do represent my nation slightly!
Yeah, I'm sassy! Get over it!

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:28 pm

fAlL gUyS
johnathan

Deus Ignis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Deus Ignis » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:01 am

Destyntine wrote:Skyrim does seem to be that game we can all play for eternity, it really never gets old. Plus, best modding community is the history of gaming.

I mean it is one of the best games made but when you play for hours to days on end the dungeons all seem like the first one you raided. The mods are pretty good but I never really use them.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:44 pm

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Helped me survive quarantine
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:31 pm

Has anybody been playing Among Us? It's suddenly exploded these past few weeks, and I've been squealing with joy at this sudden increase in people I can play it with.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:28 am

Chan Island wrote:Has anybody been playing Among Us? It's suddenly exploded these past few weeks, and I've been squealing with joy at this sudden increase in people I can play it with.

Same, I only used to be able to play Among Us with my friends.

Mojini
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mojini » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:19 pm

Deus Ignis wrote:As the title states, which game do you believe is the best?

1. Bloodborne
3. Skyrim
4. Fallout 4

My top actually looks pretty much the same as yours but I would still put WoW on the 1st position. Didn't like the Witcher series at all. Maybe because I am not a fan of this universe.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction