NATION

PASSWORD

Roblox discussion thread I

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

IT'S THE AMAZING WEEKLY POLL: Which color mode do you use on Roblox?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:33 am

Light mode (default)
50%
Dark mode
50%
I don't have Roblox.
No votes

Total votes : 6

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Tue May 19, 2020 7:03 am

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:
Silver Commonwealth wrote:--SNIP--

Slender can just up and leave the game? He's not an NPC or a bot?

He isn't even a Bible Bot?

I said, that Slenderman in that game is chosen from one of the players in the server, so yes, if you get to be Slenderman, you can also leave the game, obviously. :p
Last edited by Silver Commonwealth on Tue May 19, 2020 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
⚒ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ⚒
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
⚖ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜰᴇʟʟ,
ʀᴀᴅɪᴄᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏᴄʀᴀᴄʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴇʀꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ ☠
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

This nation doesn't represent my views

IRL views: not much different from 4 years ago (socdem)

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Tue May 19, 2020 7:09 am

La xinga wrote:
Silver Commonwealth wrote:--SNIP--

I played that game! I think I never won, lol.

If you like that game the best, you can choose the survival games. No votes so far.

I have won plenty of times as Slenderman, but I kinda miss the ability of Slenderman to grab citizens (Basically you need to spam spacebar as a citizen to get free, but as slenderman you need to spam ''F'' to increase the strength of the grab). I know that it was kinda OP, as it immobilized the player, and it took about 1% of health every second, but it is a bit harder to play as Slenderman nowadays. Oh, and you can also press ''Q'' button to appear quietly when playing as Slenderman. Sometimes it seems, that I am the only one in server using that. xD
Last edited by Silver Commonwealth on Tue May 19, 2020 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Tue May 19, 2020 9:05 am

Silver Commonwealth wrote:
La xinga wrote:I played that game! I think I never won, lol.

If you like that game the best, you can choose the survival games. No votes so far.

I have won plenty of times as Slenderman, but I kinda miss the ability of Slenderman to grab citizens (Basically you need to spam spacebar as a citizen to get free, but as slenderman you need to spam ''F'' to increase the strength of the grab). I know that it was kinda OP, as it immobilized the player, and it took about 1% of health every second, but it is a bit harder to play as Slenderman nowadays. Oh, and you can also press ''Q'' button to appear quietly when playing as Slenderman. Sometimes it seems, that I am the only one in server using that. xD

What ahppens if a person is playing on a phone or a tablet?
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am

La xinga wrote:
Silver Commonwealth wrote:I have won plenty of times as Slenderman, but I kinda miss the ability of Slenderman to grab citizens (Basically you need to spam spacebar as a citizen to get free, but as slenderman you need to spam ''F'' to increase the strength of the grab). I know that it was kinda OP, as it immobilized the player, and it took about 1% of health every second, but it is a bit harder to play as Slenderman nowadays. Oh, and you can also press ''Q'' button to appear quietly when playing as Slenderman. Sometimes it seems, that I am the only one in server using that. xD

What ahppens if a person is playing on a phone or a tablet?

Honestly, I am not sure - I have played roblox on PC only. I vaguely remember seeing someone playing it from a mobile/tablet, but I am not sure how that functioned. Anyways, Kinnis97 (dev of the game) removed that in November 2019 update, so that's it. That said, after that update, round doesn't end if Slenderman leaves the game, as 1 player (including spectators) is chosen as Slenderman, and round continues.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Tue May 19, 2020 3:46 pm

La xinga wrote:What ahppens if a person is playing on a phone or a tablet?

Honestly, I am not sure - I have played roblox on PC only. I vaguely remember seeing someone playing it from a mobile/tablet, but I am not sure how that functioned. Anyways, Kinnis97 (dev of the game) removed that in November 2019 update, so that's it. That said, after that update, round doesn't end if Slenderman leaves the game, as 1 player (including spectators) is chosen as Slenderman, and round continues.

I play 3 different games, and each one on a different device! :lol2:

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed May 20, 2020 8:04 am

Till Sunday to vote on the poll!

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Wed May 20, 2020 8:20 am

Does the "Survival Games" category include games like the "Natural Disaster Survival" game and those like it, or would those be categorized under "Adventure" with those other games?
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

La Xingan Sports Association
Secretary

Founded: May 19, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La Xingan Sports Association » Wed May 20, 2020 8:22 am

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:Does the "Survival Games" category include games like the "Natural Disaster Survival" game and those like it, or would those be categorized under "Adventure" with those other games?

Under adventure.

(I'm La xinga on an alt.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ankuran wrote:La Xingan Sports Association: The Xinga that will not stay down!

Basically, La xinga's vacation resort and tax haven.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Wed May 20, 2020 8:30 am

La xingan Sports Association wrote:
La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:Does the "Survival Games" category include games like the "Natural Disaster Survival" game and those like it, or would those be categorized under "Adventure" with those other games?

Under adventure.

What defines the difference between Adventure and Survival, and why is Natural Disaster Survival included under adventure when it's more of a "how long can you last?" kind of game?
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La Xingan Sports Association » Wed May 20, 2020 9:22 am

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:
La xingan Sports Association wrote:Under adventure.

What defines the difference between Adventure and Survival, and why is Natural Disaster Survival included under adventure when it's more of a "how long can you last?" kind of game?

LOL, Survival games are more of the run-away-from-bot/player or DIE. You could say the same for Zombie Attack, why don't we call it a simulator, we kill zombies to get better weapons to kill more zombies, that's the point of most simulators: The way to make money, and you spend the money on stuff to help you. The reason we don't call it a simulator is because it was not created intentionally as one.

In NATURAL DISASTER SURVIVAL, you do what you can against disasters, but when I say survival, I probably should have written it as: Run-away-from-people/bot games.

Adventure is a pretty broad game, and I use it to refer to stuff you don't know what will happen, an adventure!

Hide and seek extreme-don't know what the it will do, or his in-game avatar which will change his superpower: Glue, Sprint, Place-Cameras, or that Yeti-Smash thingy.
Natural DS- Don't know what the disaster will be.
Sharkbite-the it can do a-lot of stuff.

I know, this poll is very broad and bad, but next week's one will be better, I'm telling you! ;)

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Thu May 21, 2020 6:29 am

"Other" includes stroy games, like Airplane, Castle, or Daycare.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby La Xingan Sports Association » Fri May 22, 2020 1:37 pm

Next week's poll hint: It has to do with one of the choices for this poll! ;)

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sun May 24, 2020 6:29 am

I'll make the poll soon.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sun May 24, 2020 9:52 am

YAY NEW POLL!

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Alorgaze
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Alorgaze » Mon May 25, 2020 4:09 am

The above design doesn't look good on phone either.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Mon May 25, 2020 5:56 am

Alorgaze wrote:The above design doesn't look good on phone either.

I know LOL

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Mon May 25, 2020 6:32 am

Tbh, while Phantom Forces were the game in which I tried my skills first, Arsenal is the game which I like more in comparison. I haven't played it in months now, but it kinda feels a lot easier to get into. I have even won with the golden knife for a few times, while the ping and lag in Phantom Forces hindered the gameplay horrendously (AFAIK, Phantom Forces is less popular in comparison nowadays). I was also surprised when Arsenal won the Bloxy Awards, especially when one the contestants was ''Adopt Me'', because Arsenal was kinda like the underdog of Bloxy.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Mon May 25, 2020 8:05 am

Silver Commonwealth wrote:Tbh, while Phantom Forces were the game in which I tried my skills first, Arsenal is the game which I like more in comparison. I haven't played it in months now, but it kinda feels a lot easier to get into. I have even won with the golden knife for a few times, while the ping and lag in Phantom Forces hindered the gameplay horrendously (AFAIK, Phantom Forces is less popular in comparison nowadays). I was also surprised when Arsenal won the Bloxy Awards, especially when one the contestants was ''Adopt Me'', because Arsenal was kinda like the underdog of Bloxy.

Phantom Forces crashes on me, I think Arsenal too.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

TSeRiEsIsCoMiNg
Political Columnist

Founded: May 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

roblox fighting games

Postby TSeRiEsIsCoMiNg » Mon May 25, 2020 3:47 pm

i love phantom forces ive been playing it on roblox since 2015

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Mon May 25, 2020 3:55 pm

Tseriesiscoming wrote:i love phantom forces ive been playing it on roblox since 2015

NICE!

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Tue May 26, 2020 1:51 am

La xinga wrote:
Silver Commonwealth wrote:Tbh, while Phantom Forces were the game in which I tried my skills first, Arsenal is the game which I like more in comparison. I haven't played it in months now, but it kinda feels a lot easier to get into. I have even won with the golden knife for a few times, while the ping and lag in Phantom Forces hindered the gameplay horrendously (AFAIK, Phantom Forces is less popular in comparison nowadays). I was also surprised when Arsenal won the Bloxy Awards, especially when one the contestants was ''Adopt Me'', because Arsenal was kinda like the underdog of Bloxy.

Phantom Forces crashes on me, I think Arsenal too.

It does? Arsenal can run pretty slow for me sometimes, but it doesn't crash. Are you using ethernet, or wi-fi connection?
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Tue May 26, 2020 5:38 am

La xinga wrote:Phantom Forces crashes on me, I think Arsenal too.

It does? Arsenal can run pretty slow for me sometimes, but it doesn't crash. Are you using ethernet, or wi-fi connection?

I don't know, probably wi-fi.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Tue May 26, 2020 5:42 am

La xinga wrote:
Silver Commonwealth wrote:It does? Arsenal can run pretty slow for me sometimes, but it doesn't crash. Are you using ethernet, or wi-fi connection?

I don't know, probably wi-fi.

Then maybe it's the connection or something? (I asked because most of Roblox games don't really run smooth due of me using ethernet, as I can see the difference when playing with friends which have a wi-fi connection - movement feels smoother in games like the already mentioned Phantom Forces, and you also don't have those weird lag spikes)
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Tue May 26, 2020 5:47 am

La xinga wrote:I don't know, probably wi-fi.

Then maybe it's the connection or something? (I asked because most of Roblox games don't really run smooth due of me using ethernet, as I can see the difference when playing with friends which have a wi-fi connection - movement feels smoother in games like the already mentioned Phantom Forces, and you also don't have those weird lag spikes)

It's possible it's too much graphics, movement, or power for my device! If you want to see the kind of crashes I mean, look at the OP post.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Tue May 26, 2020 6:52 am

La xinga wrote:
Silver Commonwealth wrote:Then maybe it's the connection or something? (I asked because most of Roblox games don't really run smooth due of me using ethernet, as I can see the difference when playing with friends which have a wi-fi connection - movement feels smoother in games like the already mentioned Phantom Forces, and you also don't have those weird lag spikes)

It's possible it's too much graphics, movement, or power for my device! If you want to see the kind of crashes I mean, look at the OP post.

Ah, I see. Sadly, I can't help much, then, as I never have had those types of crashes myself.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction