NATION

PASSWORD

Electronic Music Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:20 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:I'll leave this here for fellow Kraftwerk fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGnFF5w5sro

Thing about Kraftwerk is how strong their melodies are, play them on a piano and they sound as good as something Beethoven might have written.

I once tried to adapt Autobahn for piano, and it sounded pretty good. I think most of Kraftwerk's melodies are perfectly suited to the timbre of their instruments, though. One feature of electronic music is the ability to design sounds alongside melodies, and Kraftwerk clearly mastered that.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:00 pm

I'd love for a version of Sex Object done with a string quartet and a percussion section, with a tenor doing vocals.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

DrewaniWenske
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby DrewaniWenske » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:16 am

I hate electro music, it fucking hurts my ears.

Marches and Slavic folk hooray! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Southern-Aves
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Southern-Aves » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:35 am

Kraftwerk got me into EDM in the first place, I miss Florian so much, when he passed it was like a piece of my soul left; He's made such an impact on my music taste.
Fans don't talk enough about their first two albums, I love how they incorporated their talent of playing the flute, it's so cute.
I'm also a huge fan of Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada
all birds are friends

- Southern Aves tourist slogan

she/he/it/avi ✦ pan ✦ leftist ✦ bird lover ✦ aussie ✦ agnostic

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:52 am

Southern-Aves wrote:Kraftwerk got me into EDM in the first place, I miss Florian so much, when he passed it was like a piece of my soul left; He's made such an impact on my music taste.
Fans don't talk enough about their first two albums, I love how they incorporated their talent of playing the flute, it's so cute.

I'm disappointed that Kraftwerk doesn't distribute their first three albums. There are some excellent ambient pieces there.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Southern-Aves
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Southern-Aves » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:15 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:
Southern-Aves wrote:Kraftwerk got me into EDM in the first place, I miss Florian so much, when he passed it was like a piece of my soul left; He's made such an impact on my music taste.

I'm disappointed that Kraftwerk doesn't distribute their first three albums. There are some excellent ambient pieces there.

It's weird how they don't, I'm not sure what the story is behind why, maybe old shame?
It maybe mentioned in a special Kraftwerk issue of a magazine they're in I own, it's been 40 years since they released their first album
all birds are friends

- Southern Aves tourist slogan

she/he/it/avi ✦ pan ✦ leftist ✦ bird lover ✦ aussie ✦ agnostic

Previous

Return to Arts & Fiction