NATION

PASSWORD

PDX Games IX: Western Pre-Turkic Empire

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

What the HELL are YOU here for!?

Europa Universalis
13%
Victoria
15%
Crusader Kings
22%
Hearts of Iron
20%
Stellaris
21%
One of those weird "published by PDX" games that nobody ever talks about here
9%

Total votes : 110

Vaspelia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaspelia » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:30 pm

well, i can finally post on this infamous thread now i have a PDX gayme for a while now: Darkest Hour. I have some couple of issues. One, i got bored and it's been a while since i played it. Two, do i am too dumb to play it?, organizing my IC is hard and putting it on automatic isn't very effective. With the Soviets, as they have a fuckload of starting troops and with the dissent that makes the Great Purge, takes milennia to modernize the Red Army away from the days of Trotsky as General (my autism cannot tolerate those 1916 Infantry Divisions sitting on Kazan and having 1931 Divsions having to face those Finnish 1939 Divisions (i know it's the doctrine buffs that matters, but still)). With the Germans, for some reason the Munich Accord event doesn't trigger for me, i checked the files and it's about garrisoning the border with the Czechs, i put divisions on the border but it doesn't trigger, what are exactly the requirements?. And three, cannot mod because my version is 1.04, while mods demands you to update to 1.05, i cannot do it as i use a PIRATED (any problem richboi?) GoG copy i guess. So i getting kinda bored.
Last edited by Vaspelia on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La Unión de Vaspelia
hispanic savannan directorate with sino-japanese-inspired cultural and philosophical elements. That's the plan.
this nation is wip and raw as fuck, pls don't look at it yet
but i appreciate TGs, no matter asking about my ideas for vaspelia or just to hang out
no ns stats here brah
The F7-Supremacist Zoomer that the Globalists and Reds warned you about
You may win all debates, but you shall never win happiness
add 1685 posts
you can call me eru baby
in NS since 01/10/2016
listen to this song

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:00 pm

Vaspelia wrote:well, i can finally post on this infamous thread now i have a PDX gayme for a while now: Darkest Hour. I have some couple of issues. One, i got bored and it's been a while since i played it. Two, do i am too dumb to play it?, organizing my IC is hard and putting it on automatic isn't very effective. With the Soviets, as they have a fuckload of starting troops and with the dissent that makes the Great Purge, takes milennia to modernize the Red Army away from the days of Trotsky as General (my autism cannot tolerate those 1916 Infantry Divisions sitting on Kazan and having 1931 Divsions having to face those Finnish 1939 Divisions (i know it's the doctrine buffs that matters, but still)). With the Germans, for some reason the Munich Accord event doesn't trigger for me, i checked the files and it's about garrisoning the border with the Czechs, i put divisions on the border but it doesn't trigger, what are exactly the requirements?. And three, cannot mod because my version is 1.04, while mods demands you to update to 1.05, i cannot do it as i use a PIRATED (any problem richboi?) GoG copy i guess. So i getting kinda bored.

Im not that familiar with Darkest Hour myself, only played it a bit. But i would advise checking out the games wiki as it will have beginner guides and country specific guides, which i found to be very handy for when i first started playing paradox games. Also try looking up tutorials on youtube and you might find something that can help.

A few of the other regulars on here are quite fond of Darkest Hour so they might be able to help you too.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:04 pm

Why is watching my little roman dudes build roads one of the best parts of I:R?
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:06 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:Why is watching my little roman dudes build roads one of the best parts of I:R?

Because you like seeing burly legionaries building the future of Rome?
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Renoa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Renoa » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:07 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:Why is watching my little roman dudes build roads one of the best parts of I:R?

I N F R A S T R U C T U R E
It's been several years and I'm still the Paradox Thread's Self-Appointed Court Chaplain. No one's ever asked but I thought you should know.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:02 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:

Because you like seeing burly legionaries building the future of Rome?

There is nothing wrong with seeing men in there physical prime creating a better future.
Renoa wrote:

None of the barbarians i have conquered seem to understand what that is.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:23 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Because you like seeing burly legionaries building the future of Rome?

There is nothing wrong with seeing men in there physical prime creating a better future.
Renoa wrote:I N F R A S T R U C T U R E

None of the barbarians i have conquered seem to understand what that is.

"Where are the roads? Theres no bloody roads! I dont understand! We'll never catch the gladiator matches at this rate"

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:32 pm

Vaspelia wrote:well, i can finally post on this infamous thread now i have a PDX gayme for a while now: Darkest Hour. I have some couple of issues. One, i got bored and it's been a while since i played it. Two, do i am too dumb to play it?, organizing my IC is hard and putting it on automatic isn't very effective. With the Soviets, as they have a fuckload of starting troops and with the dissent that makes the Great Purge, takes milennia to modernize the Red Army away from the days of Trotsky as General (my autism cannot tolerate those 1916 Infantry Divisions sitting on Kazan and having 1931 Divsions having to face those Finnish 1939 Divisions (i know it's the doctrine buffs that matters, but still)). With the Germans, for some reason the Munich Accord event doesn't trigger for me, i checked the files and it's about garrisoning the border with the Czechs, i put divisions on the border but it doesn't trigger, what are exactly the requirements?. And three, cannot mod because my version is 1.04, while mods demands you to update to 1.05, i cannot do it as i use a PIRATED (any problem richboi?) GoG copy i guess. So i getting kinda bored.

Darkest Hour was made by a random gamer in his garage, took him like three years, it's kinda an asshole move to be like "any problem richboi" when talking about stealing it
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:40 pm

Cisairse wrote:

Darkest Hour was made by a random gamer in his garage, took him like three years, it's kinda an asshole move to be like "any problem richboi" when talking about stealing it

Huh i didnt even see that part when i replied. Yeah dont fucking steal

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Vaspelia wrote:And three, cannot mod because my version is 1.04, while mods demands you to update to 1.05, i cannot do it as i use a PIRATED (any problem richboi?) GoG copy i guess. So i getting kinda bored.

sounds like you're the one with the problem lmao
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:09 pm

it is icarus time brothers

EDIT:

yeah I died
Last edited by Cisairse on Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:13 pm

Cisairse wrote:(Image)

I forgot that event chain existed. It's been ages since I had the build a flying machine event chain, used to come up all the time.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:15 pm

Fuck yeah son!

EDIT:

yeah I died

Such is the price of your character being a mad cunt.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:

I forgot that event chain existed. It's been ages since I had the build a flying machine event chain, used to come up all the time.

I completed it successfully once iirc, was hilarious.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:18 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:

It triggered for me as a side-chain of one of the Personal Castle event chains.

Fuck yeah son!

EDIT:

yeah I died

Such is the price of your character being a mad cunt.

It's okay, I was 77 years old and my heir is a tall perceptive ambidextrous intricate webweaver. The dynasty will survive

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:32 pm

Cisairse wrote:my heir is a tall perceptive ambidextrous intricate webweaver

...who died after three months as Maharaja

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:34 pm

See, you should never ever bring up that you pirated something around these parts. People don't take kindly to that behavior.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:39 pm

Renoa wrote:

Not now Rogal.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Renoa wrote:I N F R A S T R U C T U R E

Not now Rogal.

No, that would be fortifications in every province.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:26 pm

Just realized that Bannerlord is going to have a dynastic system where the character you start as can die and you transfer control to a family member.

Crusader Kings 1st Person Edition!

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:27 pm

I've always gotten a warm feeling from watching growth happen in my games.

Vaspelia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaspelia » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:37 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Im not that familiar with Darkest Hour myself, only played it a bit. But i would advise checking out the games wiki as it will have beginner guides and country specific guides, which i found to be very handy for when i first started playing paradox games. Also try looking up tutorials on youtube and you might find something that can help.

I do read the HoI2 Wiki (DH doesn't have a wiki on it's own), there are of course details that are different DH (CVEs, CAs cannot replace BBs, etc). And i try myself to also check PDX forums on what to do.

Ithalian Empire wrote:See, you should never ever bring up that you pirated something around these parts. People don't take kindly to that behavior.

Makes sense, that seeds a whole debate and shit, sorry about that.
La Unión de Vaspelia
hispanic savannan directorate with sino-japanese-inspired cultural and philosophical elements. That's the plan.
this nation is wip and raw as fuck, pls don't look at it yet
but i appreciate TGs, no matter asking about my ideas for vaspelia or just to hang out
no ns stats here brah
The F7-Supremacist Zoomer that the Globalists and Reds warned you about
You may win all debates, but you shall never win happiness
add 1685 posts
you can call me eru baby
in NS since 01/10/2016
listen to this song

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:05 pm

Genivaria wrote:

I've always gotten a warm feeling from watching growth happen in my games.

Those ungrateful Gauls revolted, along with all the territories I had won in the First Punic War, I won the revolt but i was unable to take back all the land I had. Also, over half of the City of Carhtage is now dead because of that.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:14 pm

Vaspelia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Im not that familiar with Darkest Hour myself, only played it a bit. But i would advise checking out the games wiki as it will have beginner guides and country specific guides, which i found to be very handy for when i first started playing paradox games. Also try looking up tutorials on youtube and you might find something that can help.

I do read the HoI2 Wiki (DH doesn't have a wiki on it's own), there are of course details that are different DH (CVEs, CAs cannot replace BBs, etc). And i try myself to also check PDX forums on what to do.

Ithalian Empire wrote:See, you should never ever bring up that you pirated something around these parts. People don't take kindly to that behavior.

Makes sense, that seeds a whole debate and shit, sorry about that.

Well, its more like, it could be construed by moderation as advocating illegal activity.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

The Imperial Reach
Minister

Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Reach » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:00 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:

I completed it successfully once iirc, was hilarious.

I never do it myself. I send the lackey instead, just to be safe. I've only gotten it twice. Both times the lackey crashed, but only one time did he die. The other time it was only an injury and he hated my guts for a while.

Actually, no. I've gotten it three times. One time the lackey did make it.
Last edited by The Imperial Reach on Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction