NATION

PASSWORD

Paradox Games IX: Pope With Benefits

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Official Paradox Thread Religion: Regarding the Clergy

Clerical Function: Control (most organized faiths)
5
9%
Clerical Function: Alms and Pacification (Islam, Buddhism, Jainism)
7
13%
Clerical Function: Recruitment (most unreformed faiths)
5
9%
Clerical Gender: Only Men
2
4%
Clerical Gender: Equal
12
23%
Clerical Gender: Only Women
4
8%
Clerical Marriage: Allowed
16
30%
Clerical Marriage: Disallowed
2
4%
 
Total votes : 53

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1840
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:32 am



B L E S S E D P O S T
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1840
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:44 am

The Imperial Reach wrote:I'm done dicking around with random stuff in CKII for a while. It gets boring trying out all these weird ideas and concepts I come up with. Instead, I'm going to go through the wiki's list of "Interesting Characters" and see what I can do with these guys.

First up is Count Hugues de Lusignan, a particularly unsavory lad who fought and died in the Crusades.


Holy fuck was this a mistake.

So the dude fucking died in battle while trying to push his claim on La Manche because some fuck wit decided to rebel against King Philippe and sent an army right through Lusignan before I could move my troops. Ended up having to surrender to La Manche because the bitch still had all her troops and mine were completely annihilated.

Then his son ended up in prison twice. First was with Toulouse because despite us both being allies of Castille in their war against the Moors, their army was hostile to me for some reason. I guess my liege was an enemy of Toulouse in another war. There were like 6 other wars going on so I'm not sure. Either way, they registered as an allied army; not an enemy.

Then I got caught by some Moor Emir while helping Barcelona in another war and died in prison. I'm now on my third character. All three have been shit so far. I keep flip-flopping between Aquitaine and Poitou because gavelkind.

Things are getting weird now. My liege went from rival to friend after one feast and for some reason the King of France is trying to befriend me.

I forgot I also joined the first crusade as Hugues' son but that amounted to fuck all in the end. Our target was Egypt and it was successful. My brother got some worthless county but died childless afterwards and my son inherited it. Then the Sunnis launched a jihad for Egypt which also succeeded and my son arrived back at my court. So now I'm playing as him and I have a strong claim on an Egyptian county I'll never be able to claim. GG.

Confusingly, all three of these jokers have been named "Hugues". Well, "Uc" now because apparently that's the Occitan version...
Last edited by The Imperial Reach on Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
Klorgia1
Envoy
 
Posts: 257
Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

A Question.

Postby Klorgia1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:32 pm

The might of the Brazilian empire has proven itself unstoppable. A greater Brazil with a cultural majority in Uruguay, (rightfully Brazilian) Paraguay, Bolivia and most of Brazilian Argentina. The conquest of the "Colombian" Amazons and the sphering of their ex-master has given way to Brazilian Panama, which I was careful to only officiate after my troops were on the other side of the border (many had been fighting in the graveyard of a nation called Mexico). Four masses in Africa, one growing out from Sokoto, one in Southern Africa, and one which enveloped most of Ethiopia (and then some) like a snake, perfected with a recent conquest in Madagascar. It is said over 84 divisions of Rebels against the Madagascar monarchy laid down their arms upon hearing of their new master. And this does not even count in the gold of the empire: Asia.

Brazilian India, which ironically extends on its edge through our timelines Pakistan, is a glorious sight to behold. But it does little compare to China, which I plan to further consume, cementing my mastery of the ultimate prize. Two of the most populated Chinese states lay in my grasp, and my one-time alliance with the British (who I have beaten before, again proving the grandiosity of Brazil) shows endless plentiful fruit.

This is only a quick summation, missing most the glorify details of our history, the greatness of our politics and culture, all the states in once-colonial territory leading to an infinite industrial *powerhouse within our borders and quickly spreading beyond to the world under us. Yet now Brazil faces a choice: The Ottoman armies have dared to lay their arms against Hedjaz as they did with most half of Nejd. The armies which once fell against a Egyptian-Hedjian-Nejdian-Persian coalition (or something or other) before Portugal brought a two-front war is now one of the most powerful in all the world, arguably even a sight to behold to the might of Brazils great leadership. We desire to sphere them, to master them, make their economy submissive to the future which is Brazil, and Hedjaz has proven a two-faced but friendly empire will attack anyone, even those considered friendly to our rule. But this is a great mistake, for now we may intervene.

My question to you, ladies and gentlemen, is should I? Should I invade the Ottomans, bringing the might of my invincible web of alliances and indestructible war-machine into the heart of Constantinople? We have the Italians and Russians to smack them, and I could easily swap the Americans or USCA for Austria-Hungary, cementing their doom. But is the time it will take worth it? The infamy it will cost? They are sphered by France, but I have no doubt they will come to my side. I'm probably going to do it anyway, but people feel good when they are "listened to", so I'd like to know anyway.

Oh, and hope you enjoyed the description!

*Not so bad for a first game I'm finishing up.

(This is Victoria 2 if it weren't clear.)
Last edited by Klorgia1 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
News: This Sig Still Exists.

User avatar
Danubian Peoples
Diplomat
 
Posts: 982
Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:39 pm

Klorgia1 wrote:The might of the Brazilian empire has proven itself unstoppable. A greater Brazil with a cultural majority in Uruguay, (rightfully Brazilian) Paraguay, Bolivia and most of Brazilian Argentina. The conquest of the "Colombian" Amazons and the sphering of their ex-master has given way to Brazilian Panama, which I was careful to only officiate after my troops were on the other side of the border (many had been fighting in the graveyard of a nation called Mexico). Four masses in Africa, one growing out from Sokoto, one in Southern Africa, and one which enveloped most of Ethiopia (and then some) like a snake, perfected with a recent conquest in Madagascar. It is said over 84 divisions of Rebels against the Madagascar monarchy laid down their arms upon hearing of their new master. And this does not even count in the gold of the empire: Asia.

Brazilian India, which ironically extends on its edge through our timelines Pakistan, is a glorious sight to behold. But it does little compare to China, which I plan to further consume, cementing my mastery of the ultimate prize. Two of the most populated Chinese states lay in my grasp, and my one-time alliance with the British (who I have beaten before, again proving the grandiosity of Brazil) shows endless plentiful fruit.

This is only a quick summation, missing most the glorify details of our history, the greatness of our politics and culture, all the states in once-colonial territory leading to an infinite industrial *powerhouse within our borders and quickly spreading beyond to the world under us. Yet now Brazil faces a choice: The Ottoman armies have dared to lay their arms against Hedjaz as they did with most half of Nejd. The armies which once fell against a Egyptian-Hedjian-Nejdian-Persian coalition (or something or other) before Portugal brought a two-front war is now one of the most powerful in all the world, arguably even a sight to behold to the might of Brazils great leadership. We desire to sphere them, to master them, make their economy submissive to the future which is Brazil, and Hedjaz has proven a two-faced but friendly empire will attack anyone, even those considered friendly to our rule. But this is a great mistake, for now we may intervene.

My question to you, ladies and gentlemen, is should I? Should I invade the Ottomans, bringing the might of my invincible web of alliances and indestructible war-machine into the heart of Constantinople? We have the Italians and Russians to smack them, and I could easily swap the Americans or USCA for Austria-Hungary, cementing their doom. But is the time it will take worth it? The infamy it will cost? They are sphered by France, but I have no doubt they will come to my side. I'm probably going to do it anyway, but people feel good when they are "listened to", so I'd like to know anyway.

Oh, and hope you enjoyed the description!

*Not so bad for a first game I'm finishing up.

(This is Victoria 2 if it weren't clear.)

Question: Is it organic?
A KR meme is all what the above is. The Integralist paths for Portugal and Brazil in Kaiserreich were dubbed 'organic' by the community for some reason. Since I am joking about it RN, the name has clearly stuck to an extent.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

User avatar
Bralia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30123
Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:05 am

Last edited by Bralia on Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 141441
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ifreann » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 am


We’ve also added a Force into HRE CB that the Emperor can use. Nations that have their capital in the same continent and that borders the Empire can be forced in through this treaty.

Holy Roman Ottomans confirmed.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Regular Thorough Handwashing For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Mask Wearing That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Social Distancing
He/Him

You've got a lonesome road to walk, and it ain't along the railroad track, and it ain't along the black-top tar you walked a hundred times before.
I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, likewise the road to ruin.

User avatar
Bralia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30123
Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:34 am

Oh FUCK. It's here. The CK3 DD that kicks off the deep dive into how religion works. I've been waiting for this one.
Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.

User avatar
Cisairse
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9471
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cisairse » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:57 am



Specifically you need to establish a permanent diet for the Empire.


Lettuce only, gentlemen. Now give me your land.

EDIT: Okay I'm actually reading the changes now

I absolutely love the idea. But man, that Decentralized path looks like absolute peanuts compared to the Centralized path. Seriously, you just get a manpower boost, -5% development cost, and some tax income? That's just an Idea group...meanwhile the Centralized path gets 1000 vassals.

EDIT2:

The last reform on the Decentralized path might not unite the entire Empire in one tag under the Emperor, but it does give the Emperor a powerful tool to call upon the entire empire in a war against the empire’s enemies.


Oh...
Last edited by Cisairse on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Now it's clear as a pillar of smoke
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

And broken Starbucks glass

Yeah, I support my troops
They wave black flags
They wear black masks

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9499
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:51 am

Bralia wrote:Oh FUCK. It's here. The CK3 DD that kicks off the deep dive into how religion works. I've been waiting for this one.

Tenets are mechanical representations of the most important rites, rituals, and traditions of a Faith. Every Faith has exactly 3, picked from a total of around 50 different Tenets in the whole game.


However, it is important to note that no two Faiths have the exact same combination of Tenets — as a result, every Faith will play at least a little differently, and some drastically so!

This seems pretty bad. Like a lame TTRPG where you pick 3 traits for tiny bonuses.
Doctrines look fucking awesome though.

At current count, we have 99 different Faiths in Crusader Kings III

Most having the same flavor amount of flavor that Lollard, Paulician, Monothelite, Monophysite, Zikri, Druze, and Mazdak have.

all of which are fully playable

but less than 20 if not 10 are going to be worth playing though

That more than doubles the number of playable religions we had in CK2 after Jade Dragon released.

That's a bit more of a multiplier than double

Looks good but I'd rather have a handful of in-depth religions like Catholicism then a bunch of flavorless heresies surrounded by very angry neighbors.
Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 19423
Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:54 am

Ifreann wrote:

We’ve also added a Force into HRE CB that the Emperor can use. Nations that have their capital in the same continent and that borders the Empire can be forced in through this treaty.

Holy Roman Ottomans confirmed.

Image

During the 80 years war, there was a saying: Rather Turkish than Papish. I hope this comes to fruition.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.

Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled


Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9499
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:13 am

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
Holy Roman Ottomans confirmed.

Image

During the 80 years war, there was a saying: Rather Turkish than Papish. I hope this comes to fruition.

Revoke the Privilegia!
MEHMED INTENSIFIES IN ALL DIRECTIONS
Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
North German Realm
Senator
 
Posts: 4485
Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby North German Realm » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:23 am

Bralia wrote:Oh FUCK. It's here. The CK3 DD that kicks off the deep dive into how religion works. I've been waiting for this one.

I like this model of religion tbh. I hope the pagan reformation is improved just as religion is. Besides, 99 religions?
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
21 Sep, 2020
Die Morgenpost: Heatwave in Walsbucht kills 6. Environmentalists warn that measures currently taken against climate change 'may just not be enough'. | Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania withhold diplomatic relations with Hungary, claim 'what the Magyars are doing is out of line, even if the victims are just Serbs', call for European Society to discuss Hungary's future in the organization. | Baltic Empire becomes flag country for environmentally friendly ships. | North German Aircraft Carrier SMS Kaiser Heinrich moves in to reinforce Japanese Blockade in the Bohai Sea. British government still undecided.

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27258
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:42 am



To reiterate my plan for my ideal Emperor campaign:

Step 1. Centralize the HRE
Step 2. Invoke the revolution
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Huge Revolutionary Empire.
Sint Musis socii Charites, Furia omnis abesto

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 141441
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ifreann » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:52 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:Image

During the 80 years war, there was a saying: Rather Turkish than Papish. I hope this comes to fruition.

Revoke the Privilegia!
MEHMED INTENSIFIES IN ALL DIRECTIONS

Holy Osman Empire! Winged Janissaries!
Mistake Not My Current State Of Regular Thorough Handwashing For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Mask Wearing That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Social Distancing
He/Him

You've got a lonesome road to walk, and it ain't along the railroad track, and it ain't along the black-top tar you walked a hundred times before.
I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, likewise the road to ruin.

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9499
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:18 am

Ifreann wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Revoke the Privilegia!
MEHMED INTENSIFIES IN ALL DIRECTIONS

Holy Osman Empire! Winged Janissaries!

I think you've given every Poland-boo and also Reach a heart attack.
Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42497
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:38 am

Image
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

User avatar
Serrus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1381
Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Serrus » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:46 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Bralia wrote:Oh FUCK. It's here. The CK3 DD that kicks off the deep dive into how religion works. I've been waiting for this one.

Tenets are mechanical representations of the most important rites, rituals, and traditions of a Faith. Every Faith has exactly 3, picked from a total of around 50 different Tenets in the whole game.


However, it is important to note that no two Faiths have the exact same combination of Tenets — as a result, every Faith will play at least a little differently, and some drastically so!

This seems pretty bad. Like a lame TTRPG where you pick 3 traits for tiny bonuses.
Doctrines look fucking awesome though.

At current count, we have 99 different Faiths in Crusader Kings III

Most having the same flavor amount of flavor that Lollard, Paulician, Monothelite, Monophysite, Zikri, Druze, and Mazdak have.

all of which are fully playable

but less than 20 if not 10 are going to be worth playing though

That more than doubles the number of playable religions we had in CK2 after Jade Dragon released.

That's a bit more of a multiplier than double

Looks good but I'd rather have a handful of in-depth religions like Catholicism then a bunch of flavorless heresies surrounded by very angry neighbors.

Tenets are basically CK2-style doctrines! You get an extra one, and the boring ones like Polygamy are tied to the new doctrines system!
Also if I know the CK3 devs, there will be plenty of flavor for a just-made game, with much more on the way. As for me, most of my religion fun time is from messing with mechanics. So I'll absolutely take the mess of mechanics with a smile on my face!
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

User avatar
Cisairse
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9471
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cisairse » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:53 am

Oh hey Imperator is free for a week. Time to see if it's any good
Now it's clear as a pillar of smoke
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

And broken Starbucks glass

Yeah, I support my troops
They wave black flags
They wear black masks

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 45036
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 pm

Cisairse wrote:Oh hey Imperator is free for a week. Time to see if it's any good

Hmmmm i might try it myself.
Im Irish and live in Belfast Im a Leftwinger and im an Atheist

‘I never thought in terms of being a leader. I thought very simply in terms of helping people’ - John Hume

I like: The Red Agenda, video games, Not being a Wanker, Art, History, Blondes, Redheads, English Brunettes, Fortifications, Old Gregg, Tanks
I Dislike: The Blue Agenda, Being a Wanker, Gatekeeping, Likes and Dislikes lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Zealots, People who dont like Tanks

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1840
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:04 pm

Ifreann wrote:

We’ve also added a Force into HRE CB that the Emperor can use. Nations that have their capital in the same continent and that borders the Empire can be forced in through this treaty.

Holy Roman Ottomans confirmed.


This post right here is proof God sent us the coronavirus as punishment for our sins.

Bralia wrote:Oh FUCK. It's here. The CK3 DD that kicks off the deep dive into how religion works. I've been waiting for this one.


This is literally awesome. My only complaint is how Christianity, which is literally known for having exactly seven sins and seven virtues, only has five of each. That is literal dogshit and infuriates me to no end. Everything else look absolutely stellar, though.

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Holy Osman Empire! Winged Janissaries!

I think you've given every Poland-boo and also Reach a heart attack.


Wrong. I had a hate attack. Then I listed to Sabaton, who reminded me that the Poles trashed the Ottomemes at Vienna and immediately felt better.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
North German Realm
Senator
 
Posts: 4485
Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby North German Realm » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:09 pm

The Imperial Reach wrote:This is literally awesome. My only complaint is how Christianity, which is literally known for having exactly seven sins and seven virtues, only has five of each. That is literal dogshit and infuriates me to no end. Everything else look absolutely stellar, though.
I'm assuming the other two virtues and sins are accessible through that bar? idk.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
21 Sep, 2020
Die Morgenpost: Heatwave in Walsbucht kills 6. Environmentalists warn that measures currently taken against climate change 'may just not be enough'. | Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania withhold diplomatic relations with Hungary, claim 'what the Magyars are doing is out of line, even if the victims are just Serbs', call for European Society to discuss Hungary's future in the organization. | Baltic Empire becomes flag country for environmentally friendly ships. | North German Aircraft Carrier SMS Kaiser Heinrich moves in to reinforce Japanese Blockade in the Bohai Sea. British government still undecided.

User avatar
Klorgia1
Envoy
 
Posts: 257
Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Klorgia1 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:59 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Klorgia1 wrote:The might of the Brazilian empire has proven itself unstoppable. A greater Brazil with a cultural majority in Uruguay, (rightfully Brazilian) Paraguay, Bolivia and most of Brazilian Argentina. The conquest of the "Colombian" Amazons and the sphering of their ex-master has given way to Brazilian Panama, which I was careful to only officiate after my troops were on the other side of the border (many had been fighting in the graveyard of a nation called Mexico). Four masses in Africa, one growing out from Sokoto, one in Southern Africa, and one which enveloped most of Ethiopia (and then some) like a snake, perfected with a recent conquest in Madagascar. It is said over 84 divisions of Rebels against the Madagascar monarchy laid down their arms upon hearing of their new master. And this does not even count in the gold of the empire: Asia.

Brazilian India, which ironically extends on its edge through our timelines Pakistan, is a glorious sight to behold. But it does little compare to China, which I plan to further consume, cementing my mastery of the ultimate prize. Two of the most populated Chinese states lay in my grasp, and my one-time alliance with the British (who I have beaten before, again proving the grandiosity of Brazil) shows endless plentiful fruit.

This is only a quick summation, missing most the glorify details of our history, the greatness of our politics and culture, all the states in once-colonial territory leading to an infinite industrial *powerhouse within our borders and quickly spreading beyond to the world under us. Yet now Brazil faces a choice: The Ottoman armies have dared to lay their arms against Hedjaz as they did with most half of Nejd. The armies which once fell against a Egyptian-Hedjian-Nejdian-Persian coalition (or something or other) before Portugal brought a two-front war is now one of the most powerful in all the world, arguably even a sight to behold to the might of Brazils great leadership. We desire to sphere them, to master them, make their economy submissive to the future which is Brazil, and Hedjaz has proven a two-faced but friendly empire will attack anyone, even those considered friendly to our rule. But this is a great mistake, for now we may intervene.

My question to you, ladies and gentlemen, is should I? Should I invade the Ottomans, bringing the might of my invincible web of alliances and indestructible war-machine into the heart of Constantinople? We have the Italians and Russians to smack them, and I could easily swap the Americans or USCA for Austria-Hungary, cementing their doom. But is the time it will take worth it? The infamy it will cost? They are sphered by France, but I have no doubt they will come to my side. I'm probably going to do it anyway, but people feel good when they are "listened to", so I'd like to know anyway.

Oh, and hope you enjoyed the description!

*Not so bad for a first game I'm finishing up.

(This is Victoria 2 if it weren't clear.)

Question: Is it organic?
A KR meme is all what the above is. The Integralist paths for Portugal and Brazil in Kaiserreich were dubbed 'organic' by the community for some reason. Since I am joking about it RN, the name has clearly stuck to an extent.


As Organic as Victoria 2 can be.
News: This Sig Still Exists.

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37169
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:20 pm



METO KALO
Pronouns: If you want me to feel pretty and extraordinary, call me she. If you want me to feel handsome and masculine, call me he.
NOW WITH SUPER SECRET VIP CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION DISCORD. INQUIRE VIA TELEGRAM.

Coronavirus is real, and a real problem. Do not panic, but please educate yourself and take steps to protect yourself and your loved ones. Donald Trump lied. Pray for the sick.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Genivaria
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 66010
Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Genivaria » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:01 pm

I just got back from selling plasma and I'm now going to buy La Resistance with the money I got.
That's right, I (almost) literally exchanged blood for games. :D
Liberal Social Democrat. Vague leftist, growing more cynical as each day passes.
The DNC is better than the GOP like Manslaughter is better than Murder: Seems like a lesser crime, but the victim can't tell the difference.

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9499
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:32 pm

Genivaria wrote:I just got back from selling plasma and I'm now going to buy La Resistance with the money I got.
That's right, I (almost) literally exchanged blood for games. :D

CODE VEIN WANTS TO KNOW YOUR LOCATION
Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Huskar Social Union

Advertisement

Remove ads