NATION

PASSWORD

Eurovision Song Contest 2020 Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Eurovision Song Contest 2020 Thread

Postby Darkmania » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:57 pm

THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2020
From Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Open Up

After Duncan Laurence won last year`s in Tel Aviv and giving his homeland their first victory at the contest since 1975, the Eurovision Song Contest will be hosted in The Netherlands for the first time since 1980. AVROTROS, Nederlandse Omroep Stichting (NOS) and Nederlandse Publieke Omroep (NPO) will join forces to host the event and will Open Up the Netherlands to the World Stage. The semis will be on 12 and 14th May while the final will be on 16th May at Rotterdam Ahoy, in Rotterdam. Our hosts are Chantal Janzen, Edsilia Rombley and Jan Smit.

41 countries will take part. Bulgaria returns to the contest as does Ukraine again unless Jamala asks uncomfortable questions about Crimea again. Montenegro withdraws due to financial reasons while Hungary withdraws but their national final A Dal will still be broadcasted. It shall be pointed out that Hungary failed to qualify last year for the first time since 2009.

This thread will serve as a hub for everything Eurovision for the National Selections up to the main contest in May. All the reactions, all the news, and all the scandals will be present on this thread from the day it goes up (24 hours before the start of Fëstivali I Kënges, the Albanian selection) up to the days after the Eurovision final where we give each other salt and rant how “X was robbed” and “X is the worst winner ever”. Please respect each other opinions regarding song tastes and try not to troll much.

As always, I (the OP) will link all songs here in order to help you find your favourite going into the contest. These will be linked once they have officially been revealed and not leaked as quickly as I (the OP) can. Be aware that some songs might be blocked in your home country.

Semi Final 1 (12th May)

AUSTRALIA - SBS will be sending Montaigne with her song Don't Break Me.

BELARUS - BTRC will host a National Final held 28th February.

IRELAND – RTE will once again internally selects their entrant.

LITHUANIA – LRT will be represented by The Roop and their song On Fire.

NORTH MACEDONIA – MKRTV raises their voice with Vasil. His song, You, will come one day.

RUSSIA - Channel One Russia hasn't revealed what they will so.

SLOVENIA - RTV SLO will be represented by Ana Soklič and the song Voda.

SWEDEN - STV will use their famous national final Melodifestivalen, with the winner being crowned 7 March.
-
AZERBAJIAN – İTV hasn't told us how they`ll choose their entry.

BELGUIM - Flemish broadcaster VRT will send be flying their flag with Hooverphonic, their song will be revealed sometime in February.

CROATIA – HRT will use their rebooted National Final for a second year, Dora, and the winner will be crowned 29 February.

CYPRUS – CyBC selected Sandro to fly the Cypriot flag in Rotterdam with Running. We will know his song at some point.

ISRAEL - KAN will be sending Eden Alene with her song being presented 3rd March.

MALTA – TVM will be represented by Destiny Chukunyere (winner of JESC2015) and her song will be internally selected.

NORWAY – NRK`s representative are Ulrikke Brandstorp and her song Attention.

ROMANIA – TVR has selected Roxen and her song will be voted on 1st March.

UKRAINE - UA:PBC will finally go to Eurovision again without problems with Go_A and the song "Solovey".

Semi Final 2 (14th May)

AUSTRIA - ÖRF sends Vincent Bueno who will sing “Alive”. It will be released someday.

CZECH REPUBLIC - Czech Television goes for Benny Cristo with his song Kemama.

ESTONIA – ETV goes for their national final Eesti Laul. The final takes place on 29 February.

GREECE – ERT will be sending Stefania with the song "Superg!rl".

ICELAND – RÚV goes for their National Final, Söngvakeppnin, with the final being held at 29 February.

MOLDOVA – TRM holds a internal national final.

POLAND – TVP will go for Alicja Szemplińska - Empires.

SAN MARINO – SMRTV will so something. We will wait to see what they`ll do.

SERBIA – RTS will host the national final Beovizija 1st March.

-

ALBANIA - RTSH are sending Arilena Ara with the song "Shaj".

ARMENIA - AMPTV has Chains On You by Athena Manoukian.

BULGARIA - BNT sends Victoria, with her song being revealed sometime in March.

DENMARK- Danmark Radio goes for their good old national final; Dansk Melodi Grand Prix, and we will know who will represent the tiny kingdom on 7 March.

FINLAND – YLE has internally selected their artist for the last two years but the results weren't great, so it’s a free-for-all Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu. The final will be held on 7 March.

GEORGIA (Country) – GPB will send Tornike Kipiani. His song is called Take Me as I Am and it will be known at a later date.

LATVIA- LTV goes for Samanta Tīna and her song Still Breathing.

PORTUGAL – RTP will use their national final Festival da Canção. The final will be held 7 March.

SWITZERLAND - SRG SSR follows the same successful format as last year; internal selection. We know who will sing for Switzerland as well as the song in March

Big 5 & The Netherlands

FRANCE- France Télévision will send Tom Leeb who sing The Best of Me".

GERMANY - NDR has gone for Ben Dolic und der lied "Violent Thing"

ITALY – RAI sends their winner from the Sam Remo SongFestival; Diodato - Fai Rumore

NETHERLANDS – The host will be defending their crown with Jeangu Macrooy.

SPAIN – RTVE goes for Blas Cantó who will sing Universo.

UNITED KINGDOM – BBC will be represented by James Newman and his song My Last Breath(It shall be noted that Brexit will not affect Eurovision as EBU has no connections with the EU.)

25TH DECEMBER - Shaj won FiK and will represent Albania at Rotterdam.
1ST JANUARY - Tornike Kipiani won Idol Georgia and will represent Georgia in Eurovision. Furthermore, Belarus has announced that they will use their National Final to select their representative to Eurovision.
10TH JANUARY - The Netherlands representative was announced (Jeangu Macrooy) as well as added the Polish selection method (Szansa na Sukces).
16th JANUARY - A massive update. Added both the French and the North Macedonian representative (Tom Leeb for France and Vasil for N.Macedonia). The date for the final was announced and added for Czech Rep, Slovenia, and Serbia. Fixed Victoria`s name.
29th JANUARY - The allocation draw was held and we know who is gonna perform at witch semi. The OP also spend time fact-checking and fixed mistakes and added new information.
02. FEBRUARY - How did I forget to add the Spanish entry for Eurovision as it has been released days since this edit?
05. FEBRUARY - Added the titles for both the Georgian and the Greek Eurovision entry. Added a link to the Czech Rep`s song.
09. FEBRUARY - Forgot the Israeli representative. But since I was here, I also added the Italian entry, the Latvian entry, and the Australian entry as well as adding Destiny as the Maltese representative.
16. FEBRUARY - MGP, The Lithuanian NF as well as the Depi has concluded and added more information.
27. FEBRUARY - I haven't updated this in a while. The british, german, french, ukrainian and slovenian entries are out and they are all been added.
Last edited by Darkmania on Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:53 am, edited 10 times in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Jetan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:10 pm

A bit early, no? Anyhow, if we aren't last in our semifinal I'll consider that as a win.
Second Finn, after Imm
........Геть Росію.........
Україна вільна і єдина
From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me.
Beholder's Lair - a hobby blog
32 years old, patriotic Finnish guy interested in history. Hobbies include miniatures, all kinds of games, books, anime and manga.
Always open to TGs. Pro/Against

Ceterum autem censeo Putinem esse delendum

Return to Arts & Fiction