NATION

PASSWORD

The Warhammer 40.000/Fantasy Discussion Thread Mk.III

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri May 14, 2021 3:25 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Goddamn it, Games Workshop picked up SODAZ. Which, just like Astartes, means all his 40K animations are now gone. Fucking Hell.

Would you rather they pulled a Nintendo and wielded the DMCA to wipe his stuff of the face of the internet rather than paying him to make more?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri May 14, 2021 3:26 am

They should upload all the animations they have acquired onto a youtube channel, be it the current warhammer tv one or a new one as it would get much more attention and bring in newer viewers.

Im sure with whatever changes they need to make for copyright ala music and stuff they could do it quite easily.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Fri May 14, 2021 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 14, 2021 6:12 am

Vassenor wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Goddamn it, Games Workshop picked up SODAZ. Which, just like Astartes, means all his 40K animations are now gone. Fucking Hell.

Would you rather they pulled a Nintendo and wielded the DMCA to wipe his stuff of the face of the internet rather than paying him to make more?

Oh, spare me. This isn't some act of generosity on GW's part. It's them wrangling all the fan animators and sectioning them away so you gotta use their shitty website. Not to mention now they get to stick their fingers in the soup as it were. Bad enough the Astartes guy sold out, but I was hoping SODAZ wouldn't copy him.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Tethys 13 » Fri May 14, 2021 7:01 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, spare me. This isn't some act of generosity on GW's part. It's them wrangling all the fan animators and sectioning them away so you gotta use their shitty website. Not to mention now they get to stick their fingers in the soup as it were. Bad enough the Astartes guy sold out, but I was hoping SODAZ wouldn't copy him.

How dare someone who loves Warhammer so much as to put that much effort into independent media for it take the opportunity to work with its creators when presented, they should have rejected this massive opportunity in order to keep things convenient for their most self-centred viewers.
The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >31 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use NationStates statistics, with some artistic license.

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Fri May 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Just so I don't step on anyone's toes here - is it acceptable to discuss the Total War Warhammer games on this thread or this tabletop only?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 14, 2021 8:05 pm

Tethys 13 wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, spare me. This isn't some act of generosity on GW's part. It's them wrangling all the fan animators and sectioning them away so you gotta use their shitty website. Not to mention now they get to stick their fingers in the soup as it were. Bad enough the Astartes guy sold out, but I was hoping SODAZ wouldn't copy him.

How dare someone who loves Warhammer so much as to put that much effort into independent media for it take the opportunity to work with its creators when presented, they should have rejected this massive opportunity in order to keep things convenient for their most self-centred viewers.

Oh yeah, cause GW aren't self-centered at all. Wiping entire fan animation channels and throwing edited versions on their crappy website...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh yeah, cause GW aren't self-centered at all. Wiping entire fan animation channels and throwing edited versions on their crappy website...

Obviously they are, they are a private company, thus they exist for the primary purpose of funnelling money upwards through their structure. All such organisations are essentially the same in that regard. That does not contradict my point in the slightest. Would you really blame a superhero fanfiction writer if they accepted a job offer from Marvel? Just try looking at it from their perspective.

Annihilators of Chan Island
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Sat May 15, 2021 7:41 am

Tethys 13 wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Oh yeah, cause GW aren't self-centered at all. Wiping entire fan animation channels and throwing edited versions on their crappy website...

Obviously they are, they are a private company, thus they exist for the primary purpose of funnelling money upwards through their structure. All such organisations are essentially the same in that regard. That does not contradict my point in the slightest. Would you really blame a superhero fanfiction writer if they accepted a job offer from Marvel? Just try looking at it from their perspective.

Maybe, but pulling all of these previous works from youtube also denies that art to new people, as well as annoys the old guard fans.

Personally, I'm delighted that these animators are getting this recognition and stable employment, but it does make it much much harder to find their stuff again.

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:Just so I don't step on anyone's toes here - is it acceptable to discuss the Total War Warhammer games on this thread or this tabletop only?

I don't think talking about the Total War Warhammer games is a big faux-pas here, though typically I've seen that discussion take place in the A&F dedicated Total War thread.
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

I honestly really like to write issues.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun May 16, 2021 5:08 am

Thought about ordering some soulblight models now that they have went up for preorders but ive got enough to keep me occupied for a good while so i decided to hold off till later in the year.

God damn they look good though.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun May 16, 2021 11:02 am

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:though typically I've seen that discussion take place in the A&F dedicated Total War thread.

Which is doomed to die every time it gets revived.

Tethys 13 wrote:Obviously they are, they are a private company, thus they exist for the primary purpose of funnelling money upwards through their structure. All such organisations are essentially the same in that regard. That does not contradict my point in the slightest. Would you really blame a superhero fanfiction writer if they accepted a job offer from Marvel? Just try looking at it from their perspective.

My issue is that I don't trust GW to pay the creator fairly, treat them well, and not meddle in their creations.
GW got burned once by some Judge Dredd staff and have exercised total control over their IP for most of their history.
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Tue May 18, 2021 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun May 16, 2021 11:10 am

Some of the Cursed City models are going to be available for preorder separately in the future.

Radukar the Wolf and his court are listed in the upcoming Soulblight preorders. And there is a Soulblights Gravelord start collecting box but its gona be mostly older models so ill give that one a skip.

Oh and the new Necron Flayed ones, the Chronomancer, the Heavy intercessors and Gravis Captain which were only available in the Kill Team: Pariah Nexus box will also be available for separate preorders.

And two more upcoming combat patrols:

Necron

Phobos Space Marines
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sun May 16, 2021 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon May 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Dont know if it got brought up here but the Warhammer youtuber Chapter Master Valrak was involved in an incident a few weeks back and almost died. He had to go to hospital and get treated for some severe injuries but is back now and has a video talking about it.

Basically he slipped off of his roof doing maintenance work and landed on his fleet shattering the bones in his foot, snapped his ankle and fractured his back in several places.

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Tue May 18, 2021 12:04 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Dont know if it got brought up here but the Warhammer youtuber Chapter Master Valrak was involved in an incident a few weeks back and almost died. He had to go to hospital and get treated for some severe injuries but is back now and has a video talking about it.

Basically he slipped off of his roof doing maintenance work and landed on his fleet shattering the bones in his foot, snapped his ankle and fractured his back in several places.

Fucking ouch.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue May 18, 2021 12:37 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Dont know if it got brought up here but the Warhammer youtuber Chapter Master Valrak was involved in an incident a few weeks back and almost died. He had to go to hospital and get treated for some severe injuries but is back now and has a video talking about it.

Yeah. I know some people were worried he'd been in a car wreck.

Although not to be too crass, but there is the irony of an Imperial Fists guy failing at fortification like that. Or is this just because I hang around with a guy who's big into Iron Warriors?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue May 18, 2021 1:52 am

Vassenor wrote:

Yeah. I know some people were worried he'd been in a car wreck.

Although not to be too crass, but there is the irony of an Imperial Fists guy failing at fortification like that. Or is this just because I hang around with a guy who's big into Iron Warriors?

Oh he made that joke himself in the video

Baltenstein wrote:

Fucking ouch.
Yeah its fucking grim but im glad he lived anyway and can get back to his normal life eventually.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue May 18, 2021 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Tue May 18, 2021 11:09 am

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed May 19, 2021 3:59 am

Baltenstein wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxe4C2kX_mU

Mother Kislev STRONK

So looking forward to this game.

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Wed May 19, 2021 4:03 am

so whats the latest lore for Warhammer nowadays? And where does everything think its going in the future? Is there an "ending" people see for its various storylines? Or is it war until the heat death of their universe?
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:12 am

Nevertopia wrote:so whats the latest lore for Warhammer nowadays? And where does everything think its going in the future? Is there an "ending" people see for its various storylines? Or is it war until the heat death of their universe?

I am not knowledgeable about Age of Sigmar, and for Warhammer 40,000, it has been a little while since I have been up to date. There is a slow storyline about everything getting steadily worse, but it is mostly just 'quick, write some nonsense for these new models we want to push'. They did push the story ahead quite a bit back at the end of 7th edition with Gathering Storm, but that was chock full of plot holes and lazy writing, and the subsequent progressions have been little better. I seriously doubt that it will ever be given an ending, for if it does end it will be as a result of the business no longer being profitable, in which case it would likely just be abandoned.
With that daily dose of pessimism out of the way, there are some great lore tidbits that could be made use of. Bringing back other primarchs would be a big one, and though my favourite is the Khan, the one with the greatest story potential would be Corvus Corax,
as we have a short story set after his disappearance which seems to imply that he has become a warp-entity aligned with the imperium, which (if brought into the main plot) could open up some marvellous possibilities.
Plus, he was the first to try to make Primaris-esque Space Marines, so there would be bonus storytelling potential there. For things I would like to see, therefore:
- Corax returns
- The Tau start cloning (there is a massive plot hole for their numbers at the moment, one of the books has them throwing away hundreds of millions of soldiers in a deliberately doomed campaign when they still only had a few worlds, without that apparently affecting their strength - for them to be a credible faction, they need a way to rapidly replenish their ranks, and a clones'n'drones method would suit them)
- The Tyranids become the primary threat (they logically are)
- A new Beast arises for the Orks (Ghazghkull is not cutting it at all)
- The Silent King starts acting like a galactic monarch
- A subfaction of Necrons who have fallen back under the control of C'tan, and are trying to reassemble them (in other words, old-style Necrons)

I do not have much to say for Chaos, as they have sprawled a bit too much without there being a clear point, which would make it very difficult to fix.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed May 19, 2021 10:40 am

GIVE US PLASTIC KRIEG ALREADY.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed May 19, 2021 11:01 am

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Thu May 20, 2021 11:19 am

Unfortunatly it will probably be the same clichetastic snore fest as Marneus Calgar.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Jianxi Fujian Soviet
Attaché

Founded: Oct 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jianxi Fujian Soviet » Thu May 20, 2021 3:29 pm

*sigh* anyone else remember the good old days of 6th edition? New 40k really isn't for me.
中国共产党万岁! Support the Party!

Immortan Khan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Immortan Khan » Thu May 20, 2021 7:18 pm

I'm getting back into the lore since it's advancing and getting, generally, more interesting. Does anyone know if the Ordo Malleus still kills AM regiments that fight daemonic hordes? I'd imagine with the Great Rift and the huge surge in daemonic invasions and incursions across the Imperium, along with Chaos revolts, it would be untenable to start exterminating so many planets and military forces.
Orthodoxy and Monarchy

Future cyberpunk villain. EO Christian. Purgatorial universalist. Bronze Age warlord grindset.
Pro: Warlordism, harems, Amazonian horse archers, steppebooism
Anti: You

Immortan Khan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Immortan Khan » Thu May 20, 2021 7:20 pm

Also I really hope the Illuminati and Sensei plotline hasn't been abandoned, at least fully, since it is among the most interesting plots for the Inquisition imo.
Orthodoxy and Monarchy

Future cyberpunk villain. EO Christian. Purgatorial universalist. Bronze Age warlord grindset.
Pro: Warlordism, harems, Amazonian horse archers, steppebooism
Anti: You

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction