NATION

PASSWORD

The Warhammer 40.000/Fantasy Discussion Thread Mk.III

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Myrensis
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:11 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Found this on reddit, not sure which piece of art its originally from but it made me lol

(Image)

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:16 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Was having fun learning about my Ork friend's army and his lore and it actually inspired me to make my own warband
It's a deathskulls warband with a lot of Mekboyz and led by a Mek Boss. I decided to focus more on the deathskulls improving on their looted equipment than the looting itself because it kinda bores me that they get a reputation for being kleptomaniacs who loot everything and toss it in piles only to forget about them.

I'll tell you more about them when I get some solid writing done, but I am feeling inspired because the best part of 40k fan creations is that no matter how bad they are they can only improve.

Got some basic work done on my Deathskullz warband. I really like how my warboss turned out, need to make a Mad Dok to lead the Painboyz but that will come eventually.

Warboss: Gutzthresha Da Deff Mek (Mek Boss)
Was blown apart by an Iron Warriors artillery piece but stitched back together by his Mad Dok and received significant modifications taken from looted tanks including the prized Fell Blade. He looks more machine than Ork but he is still bigger than you gitz and he’ll krump ya if you mock him.

The Warband not only loots every piece of useful equipment and scrap but the Mekboyz tinker with it and have managed to create even deadlier additions to the warband. No loot is put to waste unless you count what gets ruined by malfunctions.

Dedicated to Mork
Decent sized warband sometimes runs a little short on new blood but manages to pick up numbers without issue. Even with experienced Mekboyz accidents do happen not to mention the other hazards of being an Ork.
Boyz are normal sized but the modifications from the Painboyz makes some appear bigger than they are. The Nobz are huge however, they’re the ones that survived the malfunctions and the Painboyz.
Have significantly more Mekboyz than the average warband, if it’s loot its fair game and with the luck of the Deathskullz there’s more than enough loot to satisfy a WAAAAAAAAGH!!! ‘s worth of Mekboyz.
Looted a near perfect condition Fell Blade that somehow survived the Horus Heresy, it was tinkered with and made Orkier but some parts went to rebuilding the Warboss and now its become the boss’ own war machine.
Rival to most Bad Moons warbands over who has the biggest and shootiest shootas and orkiest loot.

Due to popular demand my Boss' Squig is to be named: SQUIGWARD
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Tethys 13 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:33 am

Good luck orkifying a Fellblade, I lack the courage to go heavy on conversion work with something that expensive :lol:

I have just finished two Dreadnoughts for my Space Mammoths chapter. The first one I just went with a minor conversion to keep it in theme with my army, and I think the 'subtle' (if you can call two massive tusks that) approach looks good.

For my Venerable Dreadnought/Chapter Master, I was... not so subtle. (Being Chapter Master does not give him any extra rules, due to a 10,000 year old codified tradition they cannot oust him from office and he is too mentally damaged to give up authority himself or to do his job, so the 1st Company Captain is basically Chapter Master without the title.)

Last edited by Tethys 13 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >31 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use NationStates statistics, with some artistic license.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:36 pm

Tethys 13 wrote:Good luck orkifying a Fellblade, I lack the courage to go heavy on conversion work with something that expensive :lol:

I have just finished two Dreadnoughts for my Space Mammoths chapter. The first one I just went with a minor conversion to keep it in theme with my army, and I think the 'subtle' (if you can call two massive tusks that) approach looks good.

For my Venerable Dreadnought/Chapter Master, I was... not so subtle. (Being Chapter Master does not give him any extra rules, due to a 10,000 year old codified tradition they cannot oust him from office and he is too mentally damaged to give up authority himself or to do his job, so the 1st Company Captain is basically Chapter Master without the title.)

I'm not going to make that army for the TT because fuck all of the kitbashing and asinine things you have to do to make even half decent orkz because god forbid that GW gives the Orkz proper models and updates.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:03 pm

Myrensis wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Found this on reddit, not sure which piece of art its originally from but it made me lol

(Image)

Look chang, the size aint what matters okay.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:04 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:I'm not going to make that army for the TT because fuck all of the kitbashing and asinine things you have to do to make even half decent orkz because god forbid that GW gives the Orkz proper models and updates.

Maybe they're up next for an update?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:50 am

When i was playing tlou2 i came across an apartment that had a table with scenery and little space marine figures on it fighting one another, and a little display case with other space marines. It was kind of cool.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:41 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:When i was playing tlou2 i came across an apartment that had a table with scenery and little space marine figures on it fighting one another, and a little display case with other space marines. It was kind of cool.

Huskar you boob! You're supposed to post a picture.
Anarchist

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:01 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:When i was playing tlou2 i came across an apartment that had a table with scenery and little space marine figures on it fighting one another, and a little display case with other space marines. It was kind of cool.

Huskar you boob! You're supposed to post a picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D45wR1iuxnU
This may contain spoilers, I have no idea.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:08 am

Tethys 13 wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Huskar you boob! You're supposed to post a picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D45wR1iuxnU
This may contain spoilers, I have no idea.

Thank you!

"Spoilers" please. Let me tell you what happens: Sad shit happens and games journalists and other people who suck at video games call it the best game ever made because anything with actual gameplay cannot compare to overrated game that is pretty much a a long ass movie with game controls.

I wouldn't hate TLOU if it didn't take "story driven" games from an enjoyable niche experience like Journey to an over-saturated shitfest of mediocre products and a trend that will now never die.
Anarchist

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:18 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Was having fun learning about my Ork friend's army and his lore and it actually inspired me to make my own warband
It's a deathskulls warband with a lot of Mekboyz and led by a Mek Boss. I decided to focus more on the deathskulls improving on their looted equipment than the looting itself because it kinda bores me that they get a reputation for being kleptomaniacs who loot everything and toss it in piles only to forget about them.

I'll tell you more about them when I get some solid writing done, but I am feeling inspired because the best part of 40k fan creations is that no matter how bad they are they can only improve.

Got some basic work done on my Deathskullz warband. I really like how my warboss turned out, need to make a Mad Dok to lead the Painboyz but that will come eventually.

Was blown apart by an Iron Warriors artillery piece but stitched back together by his Mad Dok and received significant modifications taken from looted tanks including the prized Fell Blade. He looks more machine than Ork but he is still bigger than you gitz and he’ll krump ya if you mock him.

The Warband not only loots every piece of useful equipment and scrap but the Mekboyz tinker with it and have managed to create even deadlier additions to the warband. No loot is put to waste unless you count what gets ruined by malfunctions.

Dedicated to Mork
Decent sized warband sometimes runs a little short on new blood but manages to pick up numbers without issue. Even with experienced Mekboyz accidents do happen not to mention the other hazards of being an Ork.
Boyz are normal sized but the modifications from the Painboyz makes some appear bigger than they are. The Nobz are huge however, they’re the ones that survived the malfunctions and the Painboyz.
Have significantly more Mekboyz than the average warband, if it’s loot its fair game and with the luck of the Deathskullz there’s more than enough loot to satisfy a WAAAAAAAAGH!!! ‘s worth of Mekboyz.
Looted a near perfect condition Fell Blade that somehow survived the Horus Heresy, it was tinkered with and made Orkier but some parts went to rebuilding the Warboss and now its become the boss’ own war machine.
Rival to most Bad Moons warbands over who has the biggest and shootiest shootas and orkiest loot.

Got some more writing done on my Deathskulls warband

Uses a power claw more focused on crushing and looting that allows him to literally rip tanks and buildings apart

Mad Dok: Grease’ed Limbcleava
Managed to put Gutzthresha back together with his Painboyz and a bit of luck. Takes excessive joy in krumpin’ Tech Priests and other Mechanicus forces and looting their augmentations to bolster his capabilities as a Mad Dok

Meganob: Dakkazilla
The biggest of the Meganobz with the biggest shoota in the form of a 4-barrel rotary cannon that fires explosive shells.

Squig: Squigward
Massive pet attack squig of Warboss Gutzthresha augmented with a metal jaw that makes it even easier for the squig to rip apart gitz and even some armors.
Anarchist

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:24 am

Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:26 am

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:26 am

Even more miniatures

-Silent King
-Primaris Techmarine
-Primaris Chaplain on attack bike
-Shard of the Void Dragon

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:55 am

The C'Tan shard is cool.

Getting kind of tired of the sheer amount of Space Marine stuff we constantly get hurled at us though, not gonna lie.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:04 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:The C'Tan shard is cool.

Getting kind of tired of the sheer amount of Space Marine stuff we constantly get hurled at us though, not gonna lie.

I want more IG stuff, and all the Xenos armies could do with new stuff.

We have enough space marines to last a millennium at this rate

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:07 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:The C'Tan shard is cool.

Also, it must really suck for Marine players to constantly have to buy new stuff, compared to other factions. When was the last time the IG got a genuinely new unit? Six, seven years ago?
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:11 am

I am slightly miffed that the Void Dragon has been added to the list of C'tan who became Pokémon. Until now, I could still imagine that it had survived intact until it was sealed away by the Emperor. Now...

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004

Postby Hirota » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:38 pm

So Chapter Master Valrak pointed it out on his youtube channel, and I checked my copy of the book and it's also there:

https://i.imgur.com/U7MHZfO.jpg

Are GW teasing the return of Squa...sorry, the Demiurg?
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:44 pm

Hirota wrote:So Chapter Master Valrak pointed it out on his youtube channel, and I checked my copy of the book and it's also there:

I mean, they already returned in Necromunda. Maybe that was a test run for bringing them back in proper 40K?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:44 pm

Hirota wrote:So Chapter Master Valrak pointed it out on his youtube channel, and I checked my copy of the book and it's also there:

Well they did bring back a zoat for blackstone fortress so who knows?

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:45 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

I mean, they already returned in Necromunda. Maybe that was a test run for bringing them back in proper 40K?

Maybe if they brought the squats back they could incorporate them into the IG as a new set of units.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004

Postby Hirota » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:52 pm

Tethys 13 wrote:I am slightly miffed that the Void Dragon has been added to the list of C'tan who became Pokémon. Until now, I could still imagine that it had survived intact until it was sealed away by the Emperor. Now...

I'm looking forward to trying my troll army of as many C'tan as possible. Deceiver, nightbringer, void dragon and Tesseract Vault all crammed into a 2000 points. Might have to drop the doom scythes and a doomsday ark mind.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Hurdergaryp
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:51 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Got some basic work done on my Deathskullz warband. I really like how my warboss turned out, need to make a Mad Dok to lead the Painboyz but that will come eventually.

Dedicated to Mork

Due to popular demand my Boss' Squig is to be named: SQUIGWARD

Urgh. Into the Pun Pit you go.

“Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.”
Mao Zedong

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:26 am

The Indomitus box went available there and immediately the website broke lol

Got a box ordered though myself as apparently the box is no longer available online after 26 minutes.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction