NATION

PASSWORD

The Warhammer 40.000/Fantasy Discussion Thread Mk.III

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:31 pm

my 2 unpainted Skorpekh Lords should be arriving soon. I just need to find a painter.
I contacted the artist who painted this perfect Skorpekh Lord but I doubt I could afford it even if they agree to paint it.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:32 pm

Jetan wrote:
Baltenstein wrote:
Paint them - whatever army we are talking about - in a slightly different scheme?

It may come to that, but I'd prefer to avoid it if at all possible.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:If you make a list of the paints you can remember using in the scheme, the others might come back to you as well.

Problem is while I have a good idea waht colours all my schemes have, I'm terrible with shades and paint names.

I would say you could try and eyeball it by looking at paint colours online and matching the name to a colour but it might be more pain than its worth.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Prumia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Prumia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:04 pm

Got into the game recently and decided to try out Necrons (I have always been a fan of the Ancient Egyption aesthetic).

Sitting on about 500 points of mostly just Troops and some scattered support, but a person at my local group spot plays T'au and has a Riptide so RIP me. Any suggestions for ways to improve my list?

I got some Tomb Blades and a Doomsday Ark on order right now at the very least.
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations is a group joined together to work towards a common goal: the preservation of every nation's Rights of Self-Governing against those who take it from them. Whether you would like to take an active part in this endeavor or whether you simply want to get away from all those regions and organizations intent on changing your nation, this Coalition is for you!
Signed, sincerely,
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:20 pm

Prumia wrote:Got into the game recently and decided to try out Necrons (I have always been a fan of the Ancient Egyption aesthetic).

Sitting on about 500 points of mostly just Troops and some scattered support, but a person at my local group spot plays T'au and has a Riptide so RIP me. Any suggestions for ways to improve my list?

I got some Tomb Blades and a Doomsday Ark on order right now at the very least.

The meta might change with the codex, but tomb blades have been highly rated for a while. I wouldn't run just one Doomsday Ark, I ran two or even three in my last Necron games...admittedly that was against a guy who likes fielding baneblades, but I reckon they'd do a decent job against Tau as well.

And of course, the problem Doomsday arks can cause players is traditional anti-tank weaponry does badly against quantum shielding.
Last edited by Hirota on Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004

Postby Hirota » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:31 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:If a primaris does actually ever go chaos i can just imagine a bunch of firstborn marines running into Cawls officer and laughing like maniacs pointing at him.
I recall a novella has the story of some Primaries who have gone renegade in one of the torchbearer fleets because their parent chapter was rebelling and the Custodes in the fleet ordered their arrest.

Think it was the Brazen Dragons? Brazen Drakes? I cant recall.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:27 am

Hirota wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:If a primaris does actually ever go chaos i can just imagine a bunch of firstborn marines running into Cawls officer and laughing like maniacs pointing at him.
I recall a novella has the story of some Primaries who have gone renegade in one of the torchbearer fleets because their parent chapter was rebelling and the Custodes in the fleet ordered their arrest.

Yup brazen drakes.

Has there been any more on the rapid mutation/development of pyskers around the great rift or has the necron angle from the end of Pyskic Awakening and now indominatus put the kibosh on that?
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Jetan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:02 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Jetan wrote:It may come to that, but I'd prefer to avoid it if at all possible.

Problem is while I have a good idea waht colours all my schemes have, I'm terrible with shades and paint names.

I would say you could try and eyeball it by looking at paint colours online and matching the name to a colour but it might be more pain than its worth.

Yeah. I may eventually go that route but I'm not quite willing to give up on the notebook yet.
Second Finn, after Imm
........Геть Росію.........
Україна вільна і єдина
From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me.
Beholder's Lair - a hobby blog
32 years old, patriotic Finnish guy interested in history. Hobbies include miniatures, all kinds of games, books, anime and manga.
Always open to TGs. Pro/Against

Ceterum autem censeo Putinem esse delendum

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:59 am

Hirota wrote:

Yeah thats the one. Poor Brazen Drakes, guys got rinsed.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Prumia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Prumia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:21 pm

Hirota wrote:The meta might change with the codex, but tomb blades have been highly rated for a while. I wouldn't run just one Doomsday Ark, I ran two or even three in my last Necron games...admittedly that was against a guy who likes fielding baneblades, but I reckon they'd do a decent job against Tau as well.

I await October with bated breathe. Probably will get more Doomsday down the line, but I want to see how they field. Also really hopeful for these new Canoptek Doomstalkers -- Necrons seem to lack real anti-armor stuff and that looks like a potential stop-gap for lower point games a Doomsday Ark might be too costly. ...Or I just need to get better a list making. Probably both.
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations is a group joined together to work towards a common goal: the preservation of every nation's Rights of Self-Governing against those who take it from them. Whether you would like to take an active part in this endeavor or whether you simply want to get away from all those regions and organizations intent on changing your nation, this Coalition is for you!
Signed, sincerely,
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2007

Postby Tethys 13 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:01 am

Prumia wrote: Necrons seem to lack real anti-armor stuff

Ah, this reminds me of of the good old days when plain Necron Warriors were the bane of Land Raiders.
The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >31 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use NationStates statistics, with some artistic license.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:05 am

Sister of Battle vr game coming out. Seems exclusive to Oculus Quest

Looks a bit rough around the edges but hey who knows, could end being decent. I dont do VR myself though but might watch someone play it on youtube when it comes out if some folks play it.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:49 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Sister of Battle vr game coming out. Seems exclusive to Oculus Quest

Looks a bit rough around the edges but hey who knows, could end being decent. I dont do VR myself though but might watch someone play it on youtube when it comes out if some folks play it.

Only 1 chaos cultist design is suspect as hell. Not going to hold my breath.

Also, this VR game is exclusive to one bit of hardware... VR already being a very small share of the gaming demographic.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:53 am

I found my wayward command squad medic! he was nestled in next to my leman russ in a box behind a spare 3D printed turret. No more hiding for you ye little bugger, you are getting painted.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:13 am

Speaking of which- I decided to arrange my whole IG force together.

Shame I only noticed one of the flamers had been knocked over after the picture.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:18 am

Chan Island wrote:Speaking of which- I decided to arrange my whole IG force together.

Shame I only noticed one of the flamers had been knocked over after the picture.

Do you have any close up pictures?

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:00 am

My cosplay muse got Praetorians on the brain. This may get expensive.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2007

Postby Tethys 13 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:34 am

Well, spraining my wrist and going on holiday made this take far longer than it should have, but here is my next squad of Terminators for the Space Mammoths - Squad Ingvan, armed with Thunder Picks and Storm Smallshields. The conversions were fun but stressful. If anyone expresses an interest, I will look into posting individual images for them from different angles, but that would be quite an annoying task.

The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >31 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use NationStates statistics, with some artistic license.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:20 am

Here are some photos of my just finished Leman Russ battle tank:

https://i.imgur.com/9BGRYEZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YcHywjx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/n0x9AoO.jpg

Started work on it yesterday morning and finished it about half an hour ago. Its been one of my favourite things to paint so far and im quite pleased with how it turned out though the writing is a bit messy but eh it doesnt bother me. My plan is to add a few extra bits of detail onto the mini like a few spare cadian helmets and a lasgun or two stuck to the side of the turret or on the back of the tank for some flavour. Also got a spare heavy bolter from some scenery that i was thinking of sticking on the commanders hatch.

Might do some battle damage and some mud effects around the tracks too at some point.

edit: I tried to put the images directly in the post but they are too big so links will have to do.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:02 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Here are some photos of my just finished Leman Russ battle tank:

Started work on it yesterday morning and finished it about half an hour ago. Its been one of my favourite things to paint so far and im quite pleased with how it turned out though the writing is a bit messy but eh it doesnt bother me. My plan is to add a few extra bits of detail onto the mini like a few spare cadian helmets and a lasgun or two stuck to the side of the turret or on the back of the tank for some flavour. Also got a spare heavy bolter from some scenery that i was thinking of sticking on the commanders hatch.

Might do some battle damage and some mud effects around the tracks too at some point.

edit: I tried to put the images directly in the post but they are too big so links will have to do.

I love it
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:07 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Here are some photos of my just finished Leman Russ battle tank:

I love it

Thanks Naz!

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:07 am

Tethys 13 wrote:Well, spraining my wrist and going on holiday made this take far longer than it should have, but here is my next squad of Terminators for the Space Mammoths - Squad Ingvan, armed with Thunder Picks and Storm Smallshields. The conversions were fun but stressful. If anyone expresses an interest, I will look into posting individual images for them from different angles, but that would be quite an annoying task.

(Image)

Those shields are really cool looking, great idea

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:12 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I love it

Thanks Naz!

If i ever buy a tank (excluding the family baneblade) i'm sending it to you because you certainly know how to paint!
Anarchist

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:14 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Thanks Naz!

If i ever buy a tank (excluding the family baneblade) i'm sending it to you because you certainly know how to paint!

lmao no worries

Also thank you
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:41 am

Painting up the Russ used up the last of my Castellan Green and a pot of Abaddon black, so i ordered a few replacement pots and some other things i wanted to get my hand on for transfers, and also decided to grab a sentinel for myself as well. So that will be the next vehicle i paint up most likely.

Think i might move onto painting some of the chaos stuff my brother left me, got quite a few cultists there and another squad of chaos marines. But i also have my new scions to paint too.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:52 am

I was doing an inventory check of all the chaos stuff my brother left me that i mentioned before. I have 52 pox walkers fml

Gona paint up my 10 cultists as a break from the guard stuff ive been doing lately. Get to be a bit more ramshackle with my approach to them as i dont think most cultists in 40k would have uniform-esque appearances and would look a bit more shoddy. Im gona do them up as word bearer cultists so i will use red as a unifying colour for them and then a mix of browns, greys and blacks.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction