NATION

PASSWORD

The Warhammer 40.000/Fantasy Discussion Thread Mk.III

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Tethys 13 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:09 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Is there a reliable place to buy pre-painted and pre-assembled miniatures? I lack the physical dexterity (because disabilities) to do those things myself. The baneblade I'm looking at should be fine given how big it is and its also supposed to be a bonding activity for dad and I, and also GIANT TANKS require less precision painting than tiny soldiers.

I see them often advertised on Ebay, and know that there are a few places which do commissions - youtube videos of people trying them out occasionally pop up on my recommended list. I cannot speak for their quality or reliability, however.
The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >31 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use NationStates statistics, with some artistic license.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:38 am

Yeah the second hand market is full of stuff that folks have already built and painted but quality naturally varies. As long as you get decent photos so you know what you are getting you should generally be fine. There are also folks who build and paint on commission or expressly to resell. Naturally there is a bit of a premium for the quality involved compared to folks just wanting to off load stuff. Local (or national depending on your country) buy and sell groups on Facebook or places like Craigslist or other marketplace sites can be good.

GW tanks, esspecially imp. Gaurd stuff tends to be fairly chonky and simple to put together but IIRC the bigger the kit the more intricate it gets. If you want to practice and see what you can manage trying a couple of cheap 1:35 or 1:24 model kits wouldn't be a bad starting point.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:39 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:05 pm

They looked at it in an earlier one as well (episode 10).

Maichuko
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2015

Postby Maichuko » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:38 am

After all the controversy and entertaining memes Consequences brought out I decided to look at some of the other short stories and I think I found some more info on the Brazen Drakes.
There's another short story from a month ago called the Burden of brotherhood, the unnamed Chapter in the story has way too many Psykers manifesting in their chapter and there trying to hide it because there afraid of what will happen if the Inquisition finds out. At first they held a secret ceremony and killed anyone who manifested Psychic abilities but eventually the Chapter Master Corian decides that he's had enough and declares that from now on their Chapter will fight for themselves, not the Imperium that will persecute them for manifesting powers. Basically the Brazen Drakes are renegades with a lot of Psykers including possibly the Chapter Master,
There's also a new short story that basically just introduces the different types of Imperial Assassins as there en route to try and kill the Brazen Drakes Chapter Master who has the same name as the one from the other short story, no mention of their color scheme though.
Last edited by Maichuko on Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live the Emperor of all Maichukoans! May he live 100 years!
(V)(;,,;)(V) woop woop woop woop

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:43 am

Maichuko wrote:After all the controversy and entertaining memes Consequences brought out I decided to look at some of the other short stories and I think I found some more info on the Brazen Drakes.
There's another short story from a month ago called the Burden of brotherhood, the unnamed Chapter in the story has way too many Psykers manifesting in their chapter and there trying to hide it because there afraid of what will happen if the Inquisition finds out. At first they held a secret ceremony and killed anyone who manifested Psychic abilities but eventually the Chapter Master Corian decides that he's had enough and declares that from now on their Chapter will fight for themselves, not the Imperium that will persecute them for manifesting powers. Basically the Brazen Drakes are renegades with a lot of Psykers including possibly the Chapter Master,
There's also a new short story that basically just introduces the different types of Imperial Assassins as there en route to try and kill the Brazen Drakes Chapter Master who has the same name as the one from the other short story, no mention of their color scheme though.

Oh i remember reading that! I couldnt remember a chapter name being dropped in it but i guess it would serve nicely as being the Brazen Drakes.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:35 am

Maichuko wrote:After all the controversy and entertaining memes Consequences brought out I decided to look at some of the other short stories and I think I found some more info on the Brazen Drakes.

Yeah it looks like these brazen drakes are going to be a key plot point for the tail end PA along with the super mega fuckery the admech, darkmech, fabulous bile and the necrons all seem to be about to unleash.

Finally PA seems to be building to something, aside from the initial stuff it just kind of nothing burgered with various big and little side shows that had little to do with any changing psykic stuff.
The Kingdom of Crookfur

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:56 pm

So in the Mechanicus game I decided to take on the Necron Overlord (who I assume is the final boss) as soon as the prompt came up. According to the game the difficulty is so high that its called "Praise The Omnissiah". I thought it was just going to be a test run to see how brutal the endgame was and uh
it was fucking easy.
Like I think the game is pulling my leg with a fake out because there is no way my techpriests were that well optimized. I only lost a Kastellan robot (Major loss in terms of lore but the game gives you an infinite amount) and my techpriests only suffered minor wounds.
I even got an ending for it.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:23 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:So in the Mechanicus game I decided to take on the Necron Overlord (who I assume is the final boss) as soon as the prompt came up. According to the game the difficulty is so high that its called "Praise The Omnissiah". I thought it was just going to be a test run to see how brutal the endgame was and uh
it was fucking easy.
Like I think the game is pulling my leg with a fake out because there is no way my techpriests were that well optimized. I only lost a Kastellan robot (Major loss in terms of lore but the game gives you an infinite amount) and my techpriests only suffered minor wounds.

Maybe it meant 'Praise the Omnissiah' as in 'Thank the Omnissiah for this generous gift'. :lol:
Last edited by Tethys 13 on Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:04 pm

Tethys 13 wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:So in the Mechanicus game I decided to take on the Necron Overlord (who I assume is the final boss) as soon as the prompt came up. According to the game the difficulty is so high that its called "Praise The Omnissiah". I thought it was just going to be a test run to see how brutal the endgame was and uh
it was fucking easy.

Maybe it meant 'Praise the Omnissiah' as in 'Thank the Omnissiah for this generous gift'. :lol:

No doubt. I'm not going to say it was effortless but each of the other lords I have faced came much closer to killing at least 1 techpriest.

I mean this picture sums up the Overlord. Doesn't even look threatening, just a goofy looking robot skeleton that kinda reminds me of Civvie-11. (Don't worry prospective buyer the rest of the in-game art is FAR SUPERIOR)
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:08 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:I always thought chapters should be a few thousand marines at least. Never liked the 1000 average strength thing myself.

That's what happened in the 30K era.At 40K, only Smurfs can take out thousands of Marines.And Black Templars.But GW's math is really bad
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:12 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Tethys 13 wrote:

No doubt. I'm not going to say it was effortless but each of the other lords I have faced came much closer to killing at least 1 techpriest.

I mean this picture sums up the Overlord. Doesn't even look threatening, just a goofy looking robot skeleton that kinda reminds me of Civvie-11. (Don't worry prospective buyer the rest of the in-game art is FAR SUPERIOR)

Emmmm .....You know his prototype is the T-800.I like the configuration of their original spacecraft. They don't use subspace.But GW changed the setting before
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:26 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:No doubt. I'm not going to say it was effortless but each of the other lords I have faced came much closer to killing at least 1 techpriest.

Emmmm .....You know his prototype is the T-800.I like the configuration of their original spacecraft. They don't use subspace.But GW changed the setting before

what
Anarchist

The Biggles Syndicate
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Biggles Syndicate » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:25 pm

HEAR YE, HEAR YE!

BEHEMOTH PART 3 IS OUT

Maichuko
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2015

Postby Maichuko » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:49 pm

The Biggles Syndicate wrote:HEAR YE, HEAR YE!

BEHEMOTH PART 3 IS OUT

Praise the Emperor! I watched the first two parts years ago and was wondering when the next part would come out.
Long Live the Emperor of all Maichukoans! May he live 100 years!
(V)(;,,;)(V) woop woop woop woop

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:54 pm

Tethys 13 wrote:
it was fucking easy.

Did somebody say...GENEROUS GIFT?!
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:04 am

New Visayan Islands wrote:
(Image)
Did somebody say...GENEROUS GIFT?!

I had managed to forget that unworthy successor to several excellent games existed, I thought everyone had.
Last edited by Tethys 13 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:15 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Tethys 13 wrote:

Robo bitches dig the hat.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri May 01, 2020 4:38 am

"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Fri May 01, 2020 4:42 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:

Why have you cursed me with this image?
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Fri May 01, 2020 4:49 am

Dylar wrote:

To make you feel better about not wanting to spend over 40quid for two minis...
The Kingdom of Crookfur

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri May 01, 2020 4:53 am

Dylar wrote:

Brother Librarian Quasimodo

Hurdergaryp
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Fri May 01, 2020 4:56 am

Dylar wrote:Why have you cursed me with this image?

Brother Librarian Quasimodo

That power armor is never coming off again, I assume. It's a good thing that those suits come with integrated toilet facilities.

“Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.”
Mao Zedong

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri May 01, 2020 4:58 am

Hurdergaryp wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Brother Librarian Quasimodo

That power armor is never coming off again, I assume. It's a good thing that those suits come with integrated toilet facilities.

My brother ordered me this guy when it became available, and i like the model except his head, its too low to match his proportions and it looks like he just had an orgasm.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Fri May 01, 2020 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Fri May 01, 2020 5:13 am

To be honest, the Terminator bodies have gotten progressively more believable over time. They used to look absolutely ridiculous back during 2nd Edi.

O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction