NATION

PASSWORD

Learning National Anthems

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hyperion Remnant Fleet
Secretary

Founded: Mar 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperion Remnant Fleet » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:46 pm

Last edited by Hyperion Remnant Fleet on Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmos Zion
Year: 2081/0081 IC | Overview | Characters | Folk Tune
We are multiversal space refugees with a history and mentality forged by ethno-religious persecution and devastating battles that drives our warrior culture and spiritual creed. A few have moved on after the destruction of our homeplanet but most have not. Yet, through the ages and the universe, we have persevered and we'll find our "Cosmic Zion" as Ronuva (Jehovah) has promised. Set 23 years after the events of The Intermarian Order.

The Cosmic Revelation: The heretics and traitors of the Holy Space Marines have defected and proclaimed the establishment of the Svalbard Chapter in the Valley of the Damned! Rumors are abuzz that Vice Admiral Gideon is the leader of this conspiracy.

Arkhastok
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkhastok » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:01 am

incoming triggered Somalis?

And I'll check it out, haven't heard Somaliland's either

Anarchitaria
Envoy

Founded: Sep 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarchitaria » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:08 pm

I currently know the American*, Portuguese*, Venezuelan*, Brazilian, Indian, Japanese, and the UK's national anthems (the * indicates that I have an IRL connection to these countries).

I have no clue as to how I managed to memorize the Indian and Japanese anthems.
Last edited by Anarchitaria on Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Kropotkin wrote, “We accustom ourselves and our children to hypocrisy, to the practice of a double-faced morality. And since the brain is ill at ease among lies, we cheat ourselves with sophistry. Hypocrisy and sophistry become the second nature of the civilized man. But a society cannot live thus; it must return to truth or cease to exist.” The Conquest of Bread (1892)

Previous

Return to Arts & Fiction