NATION

PASSWORD

Persona/SMT Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Conoga
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Conoga » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:00 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:I'm extremely Christian, but Persona 4 Apocalypse fascinates me.
In fact, this song fits in my opinion the theme of fighting a all-powerful God or The God or a God of Darkness perfectly and inspired me to make this thread after casually listening to some smt music to just enjoy.
can you elaborate
Eternal Lotharia wrote:What do you like about the Persona Series?
It'd be pretty good if there were just the VN parts, right? The music is good.

I tried to play P1 but it seemed bad. I've done the PSP remakes of 2, P3FES, and P4G. I don't want to buy a PlayStation so I haven't played 5. I gave my 3DS to my nephew before I ever got to play IV, it's kind of annoying how they're split between the two handheld platforms, I wish they'd just stick to one. I'll wait for them to come direct to Switch or Vita or emulate them in ten years or something. I've bought SMT:Nocturne and the new rhythm game but they're sat on the shelf. I got a few hours into the Famicom one but I don't remember where the save is on my harddrive and I'm not sure I'd play it if I found it. P3 is the best.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:53 am

Curse you OP, I was actually going to make a thread for this (but forgot too... :unsure: )

My attention has currently been on Nocturne and Persona 3, although because of some issue with the former, I only now started to be able to progress with it. I played Persona 5 first, and while I really enjoyed it, the old aesthetic of the earlier games appeals to me more.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Conoga
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Conoga » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:47 am

Eternal Lotharia wrote:What do you like about Persona 3 so much?
The main characters are more interesting compared to others I've played in the series, and it has the best soundtrack.
If you're interested in playing it, the PSP version has many of the amenities you may be accustomed to in the newer games ( fast travel, more save points, and the battles are more similar to P4 ), and the new protagonist adds replayability. The visuals, of course, suffer.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:32 pm

Started playing Persona 4 this morning, and so far, I prefer the precursor more. The opening and soundtrack of Persona 3 avoided bright colors and had a melancholic feel that was appropriate, while P4 is bright and upbeat. This isn't really a flaw with the game, I respect their decision to change instead of keeping the same aesthetic formula. But it does annoy me slightly.
Conoga wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:What do you like about Persona 3 so much?
The main characters are more interesting compared to others I've played in the series, and it has the best soundtrack.
If you're interested in playing it, the PSP version has many of the amenities you may be accustomed to in the newer games ( fast travel, more save points, and the battles are more similar to P4 ), and the new protagonist adds replayability. The visuals, of course, suffer.

Lotus Juice Engrish is best Engrish.
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:42 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Persona 5's art style is my favorite of any game in almost a decade. Yes posted this before but wanted to have this fresh post to elaborate on it, without editing, so deleted the previous post.

The colors are vibrant and vivid, the black and red provide a nice contrast to the rebellious bold nature of the game without it being edgy, the characters are cel-shaded or at least look that way, everything is gorgeous and brimming with detail, the setpieces are all meticulously articulated to look just right.

The Music is very upbeat like "get back up on your feet, we'll win this!"

The theme is dark but very hopeful and upbeat at the same time.

Persona 5's theme is a good synthesis between the previous two's styles. But I didn't really care for the music all that much, except for The Poem of Everyone's Soul, which is pure art. The characters personality wise were a lot more realistic than the previous ones. I could identify with what Ryuji or Yusuke were experiencing a lot more than Mitsuru, Yukari, or Akihiko for instance.
Theravada Buddhist

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Theravada Buddhist

Return to Arts & Fiction